Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 AM   #1411
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy's_Girl View Post
Yay! I figured it out!

Here is my new creation using an oopsie! Strawberry Cheesecake Oppsie Parfait!

I used my favorite no bake SF Cheesecake recipe, half a jumbo bun sized oopsie and fresh strawberries.

Guests loved these!
Great summer time dessert!! Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
I mean Trifles
Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilymo
Stats: 240/240/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Feb. 2011/Jan. 2014
Today I toasted my oopsies and used two torn into pieces as a scooper for spinach-artichoke dip YUM but my fave way so far still is warmed with butter on top.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #1414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 195
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2014
I used two of my 6 oopsies made with 3 Tbs flax meal + 2 splendas. Used kind of like shortcakes and layered fresh strawberries mixed with a sour cream plus cream plus sweet n low mixture. Delicious. Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

Last edited by Cats for Texas; 03-31-2008 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: add clarification
Old 04-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #1415
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Molly_1010
Stats: 220.2/206.6/140
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: 07/09/10
I just want to say again that Oopsies are a total lifesaver. I even took a half dozen on business travel with me this week (in a tupperware container so they wouldn't get smooshed in my suitcase. Just amazing. I was able to eat airport burgers, sub sandwiches, whatever came my way.

So far no one has really noticed that I'm switching out the buns, lol.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:06 AM   #1416
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ixtapacheryl
Stats: 183/173/130 - 5'7.5"
WOE: '72 Atkins
Start Date: 8/4/2012
Ok here is another idea and maybe one of you gals can figure out how to make these using the Revol. Rolls instead of crescent rolls.

Here is the original recipe... and they are absolutely delicious.

2 pkgs. of crescent rolls
1 stick butter
8 oz. cream cheese
2/3 C of dried minced onion flakes

Mix together the butter, cream cheese, onion. Unfold the crescent rolls. Put dollops of mixture onto each little triangle (you can cut them smaller if you want). Roll up and bake 10 minutes/350 degrees. Absolutely out of this world served warm but also good cold.

Could this be done somehow using the Revol. rolls?

"You will never find out what you can do until you do all you can to find
out!" - John Maxwell
Old 04-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #1417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I just invented a great version of the oopsie ! ( I started a separate thread )

I call it Sun's Avo-oopsie!! I have made oopsies with ricotta, cream cheese, and mayo, but most often with cream cheese. I wanted to cut back on the cream cheese a bit, so I tried substituting avocado. I love 'em [COLOR="green"]even though they be a wee bit Irish green in color.[/COLOR] The flavor is about the same as regular oopsies.

I love avocados on my sandwiches, so now it is in my sandwiches. Avocados are great with Mexican food of course, so I also made a batch with green chili pepper in them for an additional spice treat.

It makes a great sandwich and avocado is an incredibly nutritious fruit. Avocado is almost a complete food, so along with the incredible edible egg, what a combination! They are full of potassium and vitamin A. Avocados are rich in beta-sitosterol, a natural substance shown to significantly lower blood cholesterol levels. And avocados are a good-for-you fat.

You can sub them out for the cream cheese ounce for ounce, but this is what I did.

Sun's Avo-oopsie Recipe

Separate 3 eggs. ( I personally pour a bit of organic egg white in the carton to my whites to make the whites a bit more than 3 eggs-worth) but this is not necessary.

Begin whipping the bowl of whites. Then add 1/8 tsp cream of tartar. As soft peaks form, add a generous pinch or two of xanthan gum. Beat until stiff.

Pick a RIPE Hass avocado. Be sure it is ripe or it won't work! When selecting one at the store, it will definitely yield to pressure. Or if they are hard, place in a brown paper bag to ripen. I used a small -sized avocado. Halve it and scoop out the flesh and weigh out about 3 ounces. My small one came to slightly over 3 ounces of flesh, so I used the whole thing.

Mash it up well in a bowl. I actually used my beaters to make it smooth and creamy. Beat in the 3 egg yolks and until green and creamy smooth. You can add your spices here if you want.

Fold the mixture together until all white streaks and green streaks are well mixed. Put into six muffin top pans and bake in a 300 degree oven until browned.

Enjoy!

(sorry I cut the picture off a bit) you can see itty bits of green. One batch is in a muffin top tin and one is free-form plop on a cookie sheet.

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-06-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 04-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #1418
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Made my first batch of oopsies yesterday and they turned out perfect. Now I have to get a muffin top pan. Even passed the test of my husband. Thank you Cleo! These make it so much easier to stay low carb and tonight I am making on of the strawberry cakes for hubby's birthday tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jenna...
WOE: VLCarb
I've used Wilton pans, Mini-cheesecake pans and my favorite is the Muffin Top Pan! This is the perfect size and clean-up's a Breeze!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #1420
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 195
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2014
I used leftover Oopsies, warmed in micro, with a little butter atop. Then drizzled a combo of Davinci's Vanilla & Caramel for syrup and perfect pancakes. The texture, what with the added flax meal, was EXACTLY like pancakes. So simple; so delicious.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #1421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gweny70
Stats: 366 HW/Restart 306/216/145
WOE: General Low Carb
I tried these for the first time last night and they turned out really well! I was really very skeptical after I experienced very unsucessful results with the Rev Rolls but fortunately this was different! They turned out GREAT!! This morning I was so anxious to actually try them....and finally decided to use them as OOpsie Frenchtoast---YUM! What a nice deviation from my normal scrambled eggs or Atkins shake. I think tomorrow morning I will use them to make an Egg McMuffin. THANK YOU CLEO! Low Carb eating already was full of wonderful foods (steaks,burgers,etc) but this will definitely help take it to a new level for me & make it even more enjoyable and liveable!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #1422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Doubting no more.....

Okay, okay.... I saw all the pictures.... I skipped a WHOLE bunch of posts (do you see how many they are just about these??????) ..... .and I finally tried them this morning...... and this afternoon..... and had my kids taste them... (BIG mistake, btw.... just because I have to SHARE now!!!).....

I'm hooked. I can't BELIEVE they are that awesome!!!!! (Yes, I had read the comments, like I said.... but I'm a doubting Cary!)

AND - they are really really easy to make!!!!! (yes, I took Home Ec in high school, and it doesn't hurt I went to Culinary school!)

I can envision SO many uses... and I've got to go back and read all the threads to see how many of them you guys have already thought of!

Okay - I'm done raving now. For now, anyways.

THANKS, cleochatra!!!!!!

Cary in OHio
"Hi, my name is Cary.... and I'm an OOPSIE addict!" (after 1 batch!)
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #1423
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
made the pizza last night and got raves. Also make a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. Hubby and son liked it but I thought it was a bit to eggy for me but still a good stand in.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarblulu
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: this time: October 2007
Anybody try oopsies made w/ sour cream or yogurt?

Sorry I may have missed some of the posts in this huge thread, but I was wondering if anyone has tried making oopsies with sour cream or Fage yogurt in place of the cream cheese.

I would think the tanginess would be great. Has anyone tried this? Maybe I'll give it a go tonite.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theislandgirl
Stats: forever and ever
WOE: Atkins/PP/semi-paleo
Start Date: July 1998
Just made a plain cake-size one with half cream cheese and half "Better'n Cream Cheese" made from Tofu. Came out just fine.

If I was to make it with yogurt, I'd use strained natural high-fat yogurt, otherwise I think there might be too much water in it...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Jude,

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That's why I think Fage would do the trick. I didn't get a chance to make them tonight but I think I'll be able to do it Thursday. Will let you know how they turn out!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babydollsea
WOE: Moderate carbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarblulu View Post
Sorry I may have missed some of the posts in this huge thread, but I was wondering if anyone has tried making oopsies with sour cream or Fage yogurt in place of the cream cheese.

I would think the tanginess would be great. Has anyone tried this? Maybe I'll give it a go tonite.
I did try this and it worked great. I strain my own yogurt though (I save money doing it this way). I use 1/2 cup of the strained yogurt as a replacement with 4 eggs.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

Thanks babydollsea - I'll definitely try it with thick yogurt.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #1429
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: rowdy1
Stats: 5'5"..currently way tooooooooo much!!
WOE: carb monitoring w/yocheese
Start Date: 9/03...terminal uphill battle
I don't mean to be a whiner....but, this is a lot of thread to wade through. Had anyone thought about just cutting and pasting the recipes w/out all the other posts in between?

I mean....just so the recipes could be in one place. Right now I am thoroughly confused on which recipe I am supposed to use and which tricks work best

I think these are a great idea. Especially since I am soooo craving pizza the last few days.

I'll like to try a batch tomorrow....is the original recipe the best for just all purpose ones?

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can.....I think i can. If the Little Engine That Could can....can I?
Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 224/198.6/150
WOE: Atkins & Exercise
Start Date: Start Date: October 17,2011
Check in the recipe room for oopsies. Or go to Chleos blog.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thisisrightnow
Stats: 240/172.8/150, 5'6", 30
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 5/10/07 (generic LC/SB), 7/19/09 (Atkins)
So one WHOLE box of eggs later, I think I finally got it right. My Oopsies are in the oven right now, so we'll see how they turn out in about 25 minutes. They weren't too liquidy when I put them on the tray, although they could had been a lot stiffer I think. I was determined to get it right and wasn't going to give up, unless I ran out of eggs. Plus I bought some premade hamburger at the store tonight and I could kill for an actual hamburger right now on a BUN. I also made some muffins out of one batch I messed up cause they were WAY too liquified.

I was getting fed up with separating the egg whites so eventually I found a video on youtube and this lady did it where you put it in the bowl and you pick the yolk up with your hand and use your hand as the two shells instead. That worked SO much better. It might be gross to some, but I washed my hands and no one else will be eating these except for me.

BMI before: 38.7
BMI now: 27.6

Last edited by thisisrightnow; 04-14-2008 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #1432
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thisisrightnow
Stats: 240/172.8/150, 5'6", 30
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 5/10/07 (generic LC/SB), 7/19/09 (Atkins)
So my Oopsies were a success. A little on the thin side, but I'll just have to make sure my egg whites are a little more stiff on the next batch.

And yes, it tasted as amazing as it looked. I was surprised how the Oopsies really don't have any taste if you're eating a hamburger on it. I felt like I was chowing down on a burger at a restaurant. Seriously. It did start to fall apart a little, but that's cause it was a little on the thin side, but thick enough for me to eat. Plus I had a huge butt hamburger, haha. It's nice being able to kick my bread addiction now, cause technically I am eating cream cheese and eggs.

I also tried one of my "muffins" with some syrup and it was pretty much amazing. Oopsie pancakes here I come. These are gonna be God sent for me now that I know how to actually make them. I was so intimidated before cause I didn't know how to fold egg whites or whip them, but the videos on youtube most definitely helped.

I think I'm going to invest in those little pans that some people use for them. I think it'd make them a little thicker for a better shape.

Last edited by thisisrightnow; 04-14-2008 at 05:56 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #1433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Yours is perfect! Well done.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #1434
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Laura, yours look perfect. Mine never come out like that. They puff up like that while they're in the oven but they sink as they cool and turn into little bowls.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Whew, what a long read this thread was!

Laura - your oopsies don't look thin to me - they look nice and thick!

Someone asked a couple pages back if it's ok to make oopsies in the microwave - I tried one time, and they poofed way up as they were cooking, then suddenly started to fall as I continued to let them cook. I'm going to try it again someday, and turn it off before they start to fall, to see if that helps. If it works, then I think they'd need a little time in the toaster oven to brown the outsides a little bit, because they'd be so pale just nuked.

Oh another thing I noticed- The ones who have had trouble with the whites breaking down and getting soupy when they folded in the yolk mixture, it sounded like some of them were trying to do that using the "fold" setting on their electric mixer. You've got to fold egg whites by hand, using a small spoon or spatula, because using the mixer for that step will definitely break them down!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #1436
Sweet and Spicy Tart

[COLOR="Magenta"]I am the proud owner of muffin top pans!

I had given up, but would have ordered them eventually... In the mean time I got the little 'cake' pans at target..

I was in Home Goods today and just walking around and there they were. TWO, Cuisenart {sp} pans. 9.99 each...[/COLOR]
Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #1437
happy girlie girl!

Gallery: Amy Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]I am the proud owner of muffin top pans!

I had given up, but would have ordered them eventually... In the mean time I got the little 'cake' pans at target..

I was in Home Goods today and just walking around and there they were. TWO, Cuisenart {sp} pans. 9.99 each...[/COLOR]

congrats!!!

i had to order mine online many moons ago...you got lucky gf!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #1438
Sweet and Spicy Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
congrats!!!

i had to order mine online many moons ago...you got lucky gf!
[COLOR="Magenta"]Thank you, thank you very much..

Oh I did get lucky.. I can usually find anything I want, somewhere in this city.. But the elusive muffin top pans, it seemed. Until today!

I just went and bought more eggs, so I wil break them in tonight, if I get a burst of energy, or else tomorrow..

Good to be seeing more of you hanging around... It's nice that parents go to sleep early and have no life, huh...[/COLOR]
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #1439
happy girlie girl!

Gallery: Amy Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnAngelEyes View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"]Thank you, thank you very much..

Oh I did get lucky.. I can usually find anything I want, somewhere in this city.. But the elusive muffin top pans, it seemed. Until today!

I just went and bought more eggs, so I wil break them in tonight, if I get a burst of energy, or else tomorrow..

Good to be seeing more of you hanging around... It's nice that parents go to sleep early and have no life, huh...:laugh:[/COLOR]
yeah that, plus with the time difference i might actually get to see you from time to time in "real" time

with love from your "stranded at parents house with no friends" girlie
Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #1440
Sweet and Spicy Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie View Post
yeah that, plus with the time difference i might actually get to see you from time to time in "real" time

with love from your "stranded at parents house with no friends" girlie
[COLOR="Magenta"]We can be pen pals.. Oh wait, we use to do that a lot...

If I come visit, will you show me your room? We can sit around and play records and talk about boys...

Looks like no rolls tonight. I pooped out... So I'll do it in the morning. I have a hankerin' for a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich... I'lll pretend I'm on vaca...[/COLOR]

Last edited by RockyMtnAngelEyes; 04-17-2008 at 09:15 PM..