Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PalmTreeGal
Stats: 181/123/115 @ 5'2
WOE: LC eclectic
I ate the whole batch, darnitall. I wish I hadn't done that. I don't know if I can make these again.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #812
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Dreamchaser
I took some round pans and spread out the oopsie batter in them and made a couple of oopsie tortillas or (oopillas ) I put garlic powder in the batter and put shredded cheddar on top of them before they were baked. Normally when DH eats his soft tacos with tortillas, I eat a taco salad. BUT NOT TONIGHT! I had the best soft tacos in the world tonight!

I can't tell you how great it was to eat "soft tacos" again!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
Hey does anybody know if I need to modify this recipe at all if I use xl eggs?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #814
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Desertrosenla
WOE: Low Carb Modified for Insulin Dependent Diabetes
Start Date: For me Low Carb is a necessity
Cleo you are my hero! I am a dunce in the kitchen and even I was able to make these. They are really good. I put cheddar cheese on top with a sprinkle of onion powder. It will be great to have "buns" on my burgers again! TY TY

For those having trouble with the egg whites maybe add a bit more cream of tartar? Thats what I did and mine came out perfect. Here they are minus one cause i ate it lol

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bunnymuffin
Stats: 287/205/Trophy Wife
WOE: Heck if I know at this point!
Start Date: June 5 2007
Dear Cleo,

You have given a teenage boy his hamburgers back. And for this he salutes you.

And enslaves his poor sainted mother to the kitchen. He WILL be learning how to make his own damn rolls soon.

ThankS!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 AM   #816

Gallery: Rory
Stats: 20W/14M/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Thank you, retro! I will look into the xanthan. I might wait a little while, just because these are suiting me right now, as they are, and I am not ready to make the change quite yet. Butbutbut, I am going to keep this in mind, because if there are other things I can do with xanthan, I might give it a shot! I just hate buying stuff and never using it!

Cool, Yolande! Let me know!
Tried the Xanath they were Uber Fluffy whites. I have not been using Tartar.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 AM   #817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnymuffin View Post
Dear Cleo,

You have given a teenage boy his hamburgers back. And for this he salutes you.

And enslaves his poor sainted mother to the kitchen. He WILL be learning how to make his own damn rolls soon.

ThankS!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrosenla View Post
Cleo you are my hero! I am a dunce in the kitchen and even I was able to make these. They are really good. I put cheddar cheese on top with a sprinkle of onion powder. It will be great to have "buns" on my burgers again! TY TY

For those having trouble with the egg whites maybe add a bit more cream of tartar? Thats what I did and mine came out perfect. Here they are minus one cause i ate it lol

Mine are not these poofy coming out of the oven they fall just before they are done. I am buying tartar..........
Old 01-26-2008, 06:58 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: retroworx
Yeah, you gotta use the Xanthan with the tartar

Also, I should add that the xanthan should be added gradually, as you are whipping, and after the first stiff peaks begin to form. . . .

-Susan

Last edited by retroworx; 01-26-2008 at 07:01 AM..
Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #820
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
You guys are making me roll around laughing!

Bunnymuffin! OMG. I want to adopt you. You are the best!

Desertrosenla-- OMG-- those are beautiful, girl! I love it! You did tremendously!

lcoldtimer-- what a great idea! I was wondering what the heck you do if you'd rather use cream. And if it works with cook and serve, then hot dang! That would be totally sweet!

As for the cheese, while it's in the bag, put the cheese (in the bag) in the palm of your hand and really mold it. Use a lot of pressure. I squeeze the crumbs to the cheese. The crumbs aren't big enough to permeate the cheese, but you want it to stick, so you really have to push hard and use a bit of force. I roll it about in my hand, and then push some onto the ends and fry it ASAP.

So, the chicken works out fine with shake and bake method, but for the cheese, you really have to form the crumbs TO the cheese.

flower75-- I didn't have any more buns this morning because my husband ate three burgers yesterday and horked my buns. I ate my BLT on cheese. LOL I need to get back into the kitchen so I can have more things than cheese BLTs.

PalmTreeGal-- I am so glad you like these! With hazelnut davincis and butter, I feel like I'm eating french toast. I love these. I agree with you-- they're so much like bread in some ways, but the flavor is unobtrusive.

Dream-- I'm glad these made good soft tacos for you! I have used them as gyro wraps, but not for tacos yet!

rottinluv-- I wouldn't change the recipe for XL eggs. I use large or XL.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

I made my third batch last night, and they were the best yet!! I used 3 and a half ounced of cream cheese with my xl eggs.... they could not have been more beautiful! And yummy!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #822
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: J.A.
Stats: 190/188/130 5' 3.5"
WOE: Induction Atkins
Not tried the chocolate oopsie ice cream sandwiches yet, but will in the near future. Peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate chip ice cream rolls sound fantastic. With these great ideas how can we possibly not lose weight when we can use all these ideas for substitutions. WOW

these ideas

_________
Judy -Induction starts Monday
Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #823
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Desertrosenla
WOE: Low Carb Modified for Insulin Dependent Diabetes
Start Date: For me Low Carb is a necessity
Yum Yum Yum. Was so nice getting to have an IN and OUT Burger something other than protein style. I ordered it protein style but put it between two oopsies and WOW! Good stuff! It gets so hard not eating bunless burgers you know? This means I dont have to anymore.

Im gonna make some more later and try adding some raspberries and sugar free raspberry flavoring that I have. Maybe a breakfasty type item for me. Will let you guys know how it turns out! Wish me luck as Im usually a nightmare in the kitchen lol

Last edited by Desertrosenla; 01-26-2008 at 02:42 PM..
Old 01-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shannoncathy
Stats: 155/139/136
WOE: Atkins
Oh my, oh my...I had my first oopsie pizza. Yea Cleo!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #825

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Okay..Oopsies are really a "green treat" because the birds/squirrels get the leftover buns..They are very happy and gobble them up..So recycle girls and guys, your squirrels will thank you.

Cleo..Dr. Atkins is smiling on you from heaven..
Old 01-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

One more question. When you guys are doubling the recipe, (which I really need to do!) are you mixing it all at once and baking one batch at a time, or can you put both pans in at the same time?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Okay..Oopsies are really a "green treat" because the birds/squirrels get the leftover buns..They are very happy and gobble them up..So recycle girls and guys, your squirrels will thank you.

Cleo..Dr. Atkins is smiling on you from heaven..

Leftover Buns? What's That
Old 01-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottinluv View Post
One more question. When you guys are doubling the recipe, (which I really need to do!) are you mixing it all at once and baking one batch at a time, or can you put both pans in at the same time?
I mix all at once and I bake two pans at once, I just switch them halfway through baking so they will brown evenly.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: StacyW
Anyone have a convection oven? Turned mine on speed bake tonight and was able to have the rolls done in 20 minutes! Woo-hoo!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #830
something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottinluv View Post
I made a triple batch tonight and mixed everything in the same bowls as usual. I bake on a cookie sheet, so I made sure there was room for all.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #831
something there

Yay shannon! You rule! What did you put on it?

LOL Carolyn!

Way to go desertrosenla!

JA-- I get so many ideas from these threads and it is very exciting!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shannoncathy
Stats: 155/139/136
WOE: Atkins
A little pizza sauce, mozz cheese and pepperoni. To die for!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bunnymuffin
Stats: 287/205/Trophy Wife
WOE: Heck if I know at this point!
Start Date: June 5 2007
Quote:
You guys are making me roll around laughing!

Bunnymuffin! OMG. I want to adopt you. You are the best!
Adopt me? That would be SWELL! Then I'd finally have a friend that I could play action figures with and we could be all like "pew pew pew!" and stuff.

Seriously, this man cub of mine loves your bread (I was gonna say buns, but I don't think I want my 14 year lusting after your buns yet.) so much that he posed for this photo knowing it would be on the interwebs and he NEVER has agreed to me posting his picture on the internets before. (As long as he never finds my myspace, I'm safe.)

Although he is requesting a savory version now, because he said his ham sandwich tasted too pancake-y today. Demanding snot anyway.

Thanks again, you rock!

Marbles or no marbles, you don't forget evil like that.~Glitch-Tinman
Old 01-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #834

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
OMG!!!!

I have been lurking through this thread for a while now. I have made the Atkins version of the roll and figured you all were kidding yourselves. I finally gave in and made a batch tonight. My taste test was a roast beef sandwich with Pepper Jack cheese. It was so good!! I was stunned. I was running around the house asking everyone to take a bite of my sandwich!! They did and my daughter asked for another bite which I declined!

As I have been going through the thread, I came across the cream puff you made Cleo. It looked like it would taste like an elephant ear or funnel cake (whichever you prefer) from the carnival!! I can't wait to try that...But I have to wait until induction is over DEFINITELY!

Thank you for your cleverness, Cleo! I am sold!

p.s. I am going to Red Robin this week!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #835
something there

Quote:
Adopt me? That would be SWELL! Then I'd finally have a friend that I could play action figures with and we could be all like "pew pew pew!" and stuff.

Seriously, this man cub of mine loves your bread (I was gonna say buns, but I don't think I want my 14 year lusting after your buns yet.) so much that he posed for this photo knowing it would be on the interwebs and he NEVER has agreed to me posting his picture on the internets before. (As long as he never finds my myspace, I'm safe.)

Although he is requesting a savory version now, because he said his ham sandwich tasted too pancake-y today. Demanding snot anyway.

Thanks again, you rock!
My son is 15. When he is wearing pants and not rocking out on his electric guitar to Bohemian Rhapsody, he'd make a great brother. Bring your friends. I'll feed you Baconators.

Thanks for the hearty guffaw you gave me this morning.

shannoncathy-- that sounds FABULOUS! Work it, girl! I'm doing oopsies next time instead of Little Caesars pizza scrapings. I feel like pucky on a stick.

s1mon3-- Oh, do it! Red Robin! I'll meet you there! We'll bring our bun contraband!

Just make sure the bun is big enough diameterwise. I made that mistake at Carls Jr once. The bun is strong and supple, but if it's not wide enough to hold the patty and fixins, even with the burger wrap that you replace after swapping out the bun, you might have a bit if a mess! I always make a couple of big ones just in case.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 AM   #836

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
My son is 15. When he is wearing pants and not rocking out on his electric guitar to Bohemian Rhapsody, he'd make a great brother. Bring your friends. I'll feed you Baconators.

Thanks for the hearty guffaw you gave me this morning.

shannoncathy-- that sounds FABULOUS! Work it, girl! I'm doing oopsies next time instead of Little Caesars pizza scrapings. I feel like pucky on a stick.

s1mon3-- Oh, do it! Red Robin! I'll meet you there! We'll bring our bun contraband!

Just make sure the bun is big enough diameterwise. I made that mistake at Carls Jr once. The bun is strong and supple, but if it's not wide enough to hold the patty and fixins, even with the burger wrap that you replace after swapping out the bun, you might have a bit if a mess! I always make a couple of big ones just in case.
Tell me about boys at that age. My 14 yr old ate 3 buns in a row-saying he didn't know if he liked them or not but just kept on inhaling them. After 3 he decided he liked them-maybe it took that many before he actually tasted them as he gobbled. Cleo, Little Caesars toppings do the same to me-I think the sauce is loaded with sugar-that's usually what happens to me with sugary stuff.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Boudica
Stats: New Mommy
WOE: Low G.I. WOE
Start Date: Every Day
Hey!! Ms. Cleo. Can U see into MY future?!?!?

Breakfast? Egg & Cheese McOopsie

Lunch? Roast beef sammich on Oopsies.

After lunch? MAKE MORE Oopsies!

I'm actually gonna make 2 separate batches. My usual *square* ones (for sammys) and a batch of sweet....[COLOR="Sienna"]*using peanut butter*[/COLOR]

~D
Old 01-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: StacyW
Quote:

Hehehe! Around our house I have heard the kids play with action figures. They weren't saying, "pew pew pew" though. They were saying, "****** ****** ******"! Had to help them come up with better action figure noises.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #839

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:

Thanks for the tip, I make sure to do that! For breakfast today, I had a sausage/egg/cheese mcmuffin! It tasted betta than Mickey Dee's. I am looking forward to all the variations. Onion powder (onion rolls), pepperoni bread, my mouth is watering and I've already eaten!!! I think I will hold off on the sweet ones, I doubt if I will be able to control myself, so I must steer clear!

Thanks again!

Last edited by s1mon3; 01-27-2008 at 08:19 AM..
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #840
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Again
Stats: 252/202/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart January 2008
My teens ate all my oopsies! They made sandwiches and wouldn't use the white bread we had. They said they liked the oopsies better. Time to double my batches.