Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dblyn
Stats: 125 goal
WOE: Atkins/ HCG
Start Date: April 2004 1/2010 HCG
I finally found a muffin top pan I made a batch of Oopsie rolls last night and added just a tad of flax seed in mine.I had a wonderful bacon cheese egg mcOopsie sandwhich this morning , it was wonderful

Last edited by Dblyn; 01-18-2008 at 07:26 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Moving On
Stats: 154.5/changing/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2006
I AM A MAJOR OOPSIE FAILURE

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] Made my second batch today and they still looks like a puddle of eggs when I try to spoon them onto the cookie sheet. I whipped the egg whites longer this time to the point where, if I turned the bowl over they wouldn't fall out. Obviously I'm not mixing the yolks in enough, but if I did, it just breaks down the whites and then I have the exact same problem ~ runny batter. Maybe I'll try making revolution rolls since I have never tried that. I hope I'm successful soon...my self-esteem is taking a major blow with every disastrous culinary attempt. [/COLOR]
Old 01-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ImFat
Stats: 168/158/140
Start Date: 03/02/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyJ View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"] Made my second batch today and they still looks like a puddle of eggs when I try to spoon them onto the cookie sheet. I whipped the egg whites longer this time to the point where, if I turned the bowl over they wouldn't fall out. Obviously I'm not mixing the yolks in enough, but if I did, it just breaks down the whites and then I have the exact same problem ~ runny batter. Maybe I'll try making revolution rolls since I have never tried that. I hope I'm successful soon...my self-esteem is taking a major blow with every disastrous culinary attempt. [/COLOR]
I noticed that my yolks were a little clumpy so I used a regular whisk while they were still in The mixer bowl I gave them a good beating until they were light yellow. this smoothed out all of the lumps.. Also I went to my local convenience store and all they had were the 1 oz servings of philly well I asked if I could buy them and she gave them to me, they made measuring super easy, just open and squeeze into bowl

I am in love..I love fried eggs but I dont eat enough eggs on Atkins because I like dipping my bread in the yolk, well I am eating these delicious little things buttterd with fried eggs and bacon as we speak, better than S*X I tell you....

Is it 1 carb for both halves of the bun?
140 goal Weight

Last edited by ImFat; 01-18-2008 at 07:37 AM.. Reason: adding
Old 01-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dblyn
Stats: 125 goal
WOE: Atkins/ HCG
Start Date: April 2004 1/2010 HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFat View Post
I noticed that my yolks were a little clumpy so I used a regular whisk while they were still in The mixer bowl I gave them a good beating until they were light yellow. this smoothed out all of the lumps

I am in love..I love fried eggs but I dont eat enough eggs on Atkins because I like dipping my bread in the yolk, well I am eating these delicious little things buttterd with fried eggs and bacon as we speak, better than S*X I tell you....

Is it 1 carb for both halves of the bun?
I love love love these things ,but i dont know about the:better than S*X I tell you....:
Old 01-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #426
Senior LCF Member

My hubby is never home lol, so Ill take it were I can get it
Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Jenny Rev Rolls work the same way so you'll have the same result. You are overfolding. It should only take about 90 seconds (so the experts say) to fold the mixes. It should be streaky and look like you haven't mixed it enough. Google folding egg whites-there are a ton of videos on the net about it.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MorganMacLeoid
Stats: 446.5/375.1/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 06/05/07
Quote:
One thing that might help.. instead of adding all of the yolks to the whites at first, take a scoop of the whites and gently fold it into the yolk mixture. This will lighten it a bit and then make it easier to fold into the rest of the whites.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Thanks, gals! Lisa ~ glad you gave me a head's up on the Rev. Rolls before I decided to try that. I'll just keep tryin'! Actually, even though the batter was puddling on the cookie sheet, they actually came out looking better than I expected. I had a bacon cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. yesterday using these and it was great! Today I am going to get a roast beef sandwich from Togo's and substitute these for the bread. I've missed Togo's![/COLOR]
Old 01-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Red
Stats: 5'8 tall, 47 years young, 174/165/145
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Started Atkins 2003- Re-started induction 01/03/08
I tried these the other night and they came out flat but were pretty good. I used one for a pizza, I put cheese and pepperoni on it and nukes it for 15 secs. It was very good. I had a tuna sandwich on another.

I need to figure out how to get the puffier ones, so I will keep on trying,,,,,
I started folding the yolk mix in a little at a time. I might have mixed them too long.

Why don't you soften the cream cheese? I didn't soften it and had to mixed it a little longer to get the lumps out so maybe that added to the flatness.

Any help with these is appriciated

Karin
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
I've made the original rev rolls for years and plan to try Cleo's version this weekend. (Have stockpiled the cream cheese & eggs in preparation.) Have two muffin top pans ready and waiting!

If yours seem to need more of a "crust" (like if your samich toppings leak through), you can top each roll with a sprinkle of shredded cheese just before baking. I use mozzarella, since it adds very little taste, but you could use whatever cheese you like. The cheese really makes the top of the rolls sturdier and less likely to tear or moosh up (is moosh a word?). I guess you could fold a little shredded cheese into your batter, too, but you'd have to adjust the carb count.

Ground flax makes them a little more bread-like, but I'm going to start with the oopsie version as written and then go from there before tweaking.

I love that these are making a come-back again...they're such a wonderful staple and much lower-carb than any processed bread you can buy. I just wish you could FREEZE them!! I'd cook 50 every weekend and NEVER run out!!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
Old 01-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #432
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
You guys post, and I can't keep up!

I just made another two batches this morning.

They're cooling on a rack now, and then I'll put them into a bag to keep them supple.

I am so glad you guys like them and are trying your own stuff with them! I am going to make a BLT now. I'm hongry.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #433

Gallery: Dreamchaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
I just wish you could FREEZE them!! I'd cook 50 every weekend and NEVER run out!!!
Normally cream cheese and eggs do freeze well. It seems like there wouldn't be any problem as long as you separate them so they don't freeze together. Has anyone tried freezing them before?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deila View Post
I can't use Splenda, or any type of artificial sweetener..... and I didn't add any other spices to my Cleo-oopsie rolls... and they turned out perfect! There really was no kind of any taste to them... so they worked out perfect for me as a hamburger bun. I ate one with just a smidge of butter and all I could taste is the butter (My name is Deila... and *I* am a Butter Ho)

~D
Great, thanks Delia
Old 01-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
What do you all think would happen if I added a bit of wheat bran and a little less cream cheese? Would it make them more stable or crumbly?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Also, how long would these keep in the refridgerator?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DixieMoon
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/2011
I think I'll try making these and slap some sausage gravy on 'em -using heavy cream, browned sausage and Thickenthin/not starch.

Ooh or a Reuben sandwich with corned beef, kraut and melted swiss cheese.

Last edited by DixieMoon; 01-18-2008 at 11:54 AM..
Old 01-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #438
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 238.2/232.6/150 5'2"
WOE: CAD/IF
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Cleo I had the Baconator and it was Da Bomb!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieMoon View Post
I think I'll try making these and slap some sausage gravy on 'em -using heavy cream, browned sausage and Thickenthin/not starch.

Ooh or a Reuben sandwich with corned beef, kraut and melted swiss cheese.
Drooling as we speak two of my fave foods can you have Thinkenthin on Indcution?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PrettyPaula
Stats: 5ft 9" 216.8/213.2/165
WOE: Atkins <20g carbs
Start Date: Dec 2008
right then guys and gals

i need your help regarding these, i tried making them once before and they were hideous

im willing to try again... but i need to know, when you guys in the USA say cream cheese, what kind of thing are you talking?? is it like cheese spread? or more like mascarpone??

HELP!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DixieMoon
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 2/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFat View Post
Drooling as we speak two of my fave foods can you have Thinkenthin on Indcution?
I have

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nutrition Facts
105-0005
Expert Foods
ThickenThin not/Starch thickener
227 g
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 teaspoon (2.7g)
Servings Per Container: approx 85

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*

Total Calories 10

Calories From Fat 0

Total Fat 0 g 0%

Cholesterol 0 mg 0%

Sodium 7 mg 0%

Total Carbohydrates 2.3 g 1%

Dietary Fiber 2.3 g 9%

Show Net Carbs
Net Carbs
Minus Fiber 0 g

Protein 0.1 g

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Vegetable gums (acacia, guar, carob, xanthan
Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #442
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: DorianH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
right then guys and gals

i need your help regarding these, i tried making them once before and they were hideous

im willing to try again... but i need to know, when you guys in the USA say cream cheese, what kind of thing are you talking?? is it like cheese spread? or more like mascarpone??

HELP!!

Cookbook:Cream Cheese - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

ah-ha so it is philadelphia which is what ibought last time.... they were so grainy and awful tasting when i tried last time though, they almost looked grey?

i think ill try again on sunday
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #444

Quote:
ah-ha so it is philadelphia which is what ibought last time.... they were so grainy and awful tasting when i tried last time though, they almost looked grey?

i think ill try again on sunday
Paula this is the Philadelphia cream cheese.

It's not grainy and grey at all though. It's white, thick and nice and creamy
Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #445
something there

Lucille! WOOHOO!!! That's all I ask for: for every American to try a Baconator, at least once. And for every low-carber to try them once on those rolls.

It was such an emancipating experience. Now, all of a sudden, we're no longer inducting. We're living.

Pretty Paula-- they definitely shouldn't be gray! I hope this next batch comes out perfectly for you!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
I just wish you could FREEZE them!! I'd cook 50 every weekend and NEVER run out!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
Normally cream cheese and eggs do freeze well. It seems like there wouldn't be any problem as long as you separate them so they don't freeze together. Has anyone tried freezing them before?
How about freezing them cleo? Have you heard of anyone doing that?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

this is the one we get in the UK, does that look like its the right one?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 238.2/232.6/150 5'2"
WOE: CAD/IF
Start Date: 10/21/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
Lucille! WOOHOO!!! That's all I ask for: for every American to try a Baconator, at least once. And for every low-carber to try them once on those rolls.

It was such an emancipating experience. Now, all of a sudden, we're no longer inducting. We're living.
I even had my mom try it on the Oopsie roll and she said "That's good." and "Now how do you make those?"
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #449
something there

girl-- as they are now, they're not crumbly at all. I think they're fairly stable, especially when allowed to cool on a rack. I tend to keep mine at room temperature for a few days before popping them into the fridge, but I live in an extremely dry climate.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #450

Quote:
this is the one we get in the UK, does that look like its the right one?

Yes. Is that a resealable container? That looks nice. Better than our containers.