Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 06:14 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharon M.
Has anyone tried a zuchinni bread recipe yet??

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
I was wondering if anyone was having any ill effects or stalls from using the carbalose flour? If this was answered previously I appologize because I didn't see it addressed.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:35 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: makeupmonsterdog
Stats: 23(ish)% Body Fat/15% Body Fat/15% Body Fat
WOE: Low Carb
I made this recipe this morning for breakfast and it was wonderful. I was adapting a recipe from Allrecipes that was called Easy Fruit Cobbler, but I would say it is more of a breakfast cake.

Because other people have complained of recipes turning out to salty with the Carbalose Flour and I have found this problem with sweet recipes using Carbquik, I didn't add any extra salt and used unsalted butter and the flavors were perfect. This is also a very flexible recipe and I imagine the cake/batter part can be flavored up with a variety of spices, extracts, and citrus rinds. Or even without the fruit and with a crumble topping for a coffee cake. It is definitely a keeper.

1 cup Carbalose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar replacement
(I used 1/4 cup erythritol and 3/4 teaspoon pure stevia)
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup water
(or use 3/4 cup milk)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups blueberries (mine weighed out to 9 ounces)

Preheat oven to 350. Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish (I used a 9-inch round cake pan). Blend together the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries. This will be a thick batter. Pour/Spread the batter into the baking dish, over the butter. Layer the blueberries over the batter. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, until golden.

I came up with a total of 1074 calories and 57 carbs. The recipe serves 8 comfortably, with 134.5 calories and 7.2 carbs per serving.

(The batter did puff up the sides of the blueberries, but they didn't sink all the way to the bottom, as with other cobbler recipes. Also, any other fruit of your choice can be substituted. The original recipe called for 2 cups of peaches)

Last edited by makeupmonsterdog; 07-23-2005 at 04:38 AM..
Old 07-23-2005, 05:00 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Criosa
Stats: 240/171/150
WOE: hhCG, Low Carb
Start Date: In and out since 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp
I was wondering if anyone was having any ill effects or stalls from using the carbalose flour? If this was answered previously I appologize because I didn't see it addressed.
I see this question a lot but don't see many answers. Personally, it slows me down. I think it would be an individual thing. I have a slow, sluggish metabolism, and do best on a simple meat and vegetable diet. But that is boring for me. So I occassional have baked treats, or I'd never be able to stick with this diet.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Criosa for the info on your experience. I think that I'll be pretty strict until goal and avoid extras (can't get them here in Japan anyways) and then incorporate carbquik and carbalose into my maintenance. I am planning to have carbalose in my house as my only flour to use in all recipes. Can't wait for maintenance and to get back to the USA!!
Old 07-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #126
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: 5cats4me
Stats: 185/134/130
WOE: Atkins without counting
Start Date: Jan 04
First, thank you all for the recipes and pictures!! I'm anxious to order some now!
My question is after trying this new flour, do you prefer it to Carbquik, or do you use them each for different things? I still have a box of CQ in the cabinet that I use occasionally. Is the taste of Carbalose that different from Carbquik?
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:13 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LindaSue
Stats: 167/117/120 - 5'7"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cats4me
Is the taste of Carbalose that different from Carbquik?
Thanks!
Carbquik and Carbalose taste similar because there's Carbalose flour in Carbquik and it seems to be the Carbalose that gives Carbquik a strong aftertaste. I think that Carbquik has a slightly stronger flavor, but they both have distinct flavors that can sometimes be overpowering in certain recipes. It's hard to predict when it will stand out and when it won't be all that noticeable.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:10 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue
Carbquik and Carbalose taste similar because there's Carbalose flour in Carbquik and it seems to be the Carbalose that gives Carbquik a strong aftertaste. I think that Carbquik has a slightly stronger flavor, but they both have distinct flavors that can sometimes be overpowering in certain recipes. It's hard to predict when it will stand out and when it won't be all that noticeable.
I have noticed that when I eat something the next day made with Carbquik or Carbalose that has been refrigerated, that it tastes better. I don't know if it's because it mellows, or what. Does anyone else have this experience?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #129
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: griffin
WOE: atkins/moderate
Start Date: november 04
yes i always let everything sit till nextr morm when i bake with it, it does change dramatically.expecially when theres a eggy taste.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How many of you have used carbalose flour as a regular substitute for AP flour in your everyday cooking with regular recipes? Does it act the same or do you need to treat it differently? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:51 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp
How many of you have used carbalose flour as a regular substitute for AP flour in your everyday cooking with regular recipes? Does it act the same or do you need to treat it differently? Thanks.
Flour isn't a part of my everyday cooking, but I do like having Carbalose on hand for occasional use. It doesn't work just like regular flour. For thickening sauces, you have to use nearly twice as much as you'd use of regular flour (1/4 cup per cup of liquid for a medium thick sauce) and in baking you have to increase your leavening, reduce or omit any added salt, lower the oven temperature and increase the baking time, or so the Tova Rep told us. I haven't always found that to be the case though.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks LindaSue!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
I made this 2 days ago and they turned out very good. I think they need "something" but I can't put my finger on it. DH disagrees and says they are top 10. If anyone makes these and finds a good tweak....I'd love to know.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Special Dark Cocoa
1 1/2 cups (150 gr) Carbalose flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup water
1/2 cup granular Splenda
1/2 cup Chocolate Raspberry SF Syrup (Artisan or Davinci)

Filling:
1 - 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1/3 cup granular Splenda
1 egg
1/2 package of Mini Carb Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Makes 12 muffins.
Preheat oven to 325.

In a large bowl, combine cocoa, carbalose flour, baking soda and splenda. Add vanilla extract, water and Davinci's and mix well. Fold in oil.

In a smaller bowl, combine cream cheese, splenda, egg and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add the chips.

Spray a muffin tin with Pam. Pour in equal amount of the chocolate batter. Top each with equal amounts of the filling in the center of each muffin. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Mine were done at 23 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool. Store in refrigerator.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sweeteater
WOE: Lower Carb
woah! Sounds awesome to me!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #135
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Yo, Davian - you need to come play at MY house! We would sure be having some FUN! And invite BettyR too.... LOL!

Char
Old 07-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Davian, those cupcakes look AMAZING! I saved that recipe for future use! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #137

GREEN ENCHILADAS
8 All-Purpose Crepes III (see recipe below)
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons butter
4-6 tablespoons Carbalose flour (see my comments below)
1 cup chicken broth
7 ounces green Mexican salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
4 ounces pepper-jack cheese, optional

In medium saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in Carbalose flour well. Whisk in broth and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in the green Mexican salsa and sour cream. Stir in the chiles.

Divide cheese amongst the crepes, placing down the center of each. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with pepper-jack cheese, if using. Bake 425º for about 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Makes 8 servings

Without pepper-jack cheese:
Per Serving: 266 Calories; 21g Fat; 14g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

With pepper-jack cheese:
Per Serving: 291 Calories; 23g Fat; 16g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

I've based quite a few low carb recipes around the sauce of a high carb enchilada recipe I've made for years and I was finally able to "almost" recreate the original dish by using Carbalose flour. Rather than flour tortillas, I used crepes made with Carbalose and used Carbalose flour to thicken the sauce that goes over the enchiladas.

I did run into some trouble thickening the sauce. I thought I'd worked out the ratio of Carbalose flour to liquid needed to make a thick sauce, but lately I've been having trouble getting it to thicken much at all. My early experiments seemed to indicate that it would take about 1/4 cup of flour per 1 cup of liquid to make a very thick white sauce. That 1/4 cup doesn't seem to work for me most of the time lately. That means having to add at least another couple tablespoons of Carbalose as well as more carbs to the dish. The trouble is that once you start making the sauce, you can't add more flour. So, it's probably a good idea to start with more flour and thin the sauce down if necessary. The other option would be to add a tiny bit of xanthan gum if you find that your sauce isn't getting thick enough. When I made the sauce for this dish, I had to add 1/8 teaspoon of xanthan gum to achieve the proper thickness.

The thing that worries me about having to use so much more Carbalose than the original 2 tablespoons of regular flour called for in my high carb recipe is that, in the end, there is no carb savings by using the low carb flour. There is a significant carb savings by using low carb crepes over real tortillas or even low carb tortillas though. At this point I'm inclined to use my other low carb versions of this yummy green sauce over a nice piece of grilled chicken rather than splurge on so many unnecessary carbs from the Carbalose. I just don't miss bread and tortillas that much.

In case you'd like to compare them, below are the counts for the recipe above, using 2 tablespoons regular all-purpose flour instead of Carbalose to thicken the sauce:

Per Serving: 288 Calories; 23g Fat; 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

ALL-PURPOSE CREPE BATTER III
2 eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Carbalose flour
1 cup Carb Countdown 2% milk or 1/2 cream and 1/2 water
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons water, to thin batter

In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and salt. Gradually whisk in flour alternately with cream and water until smooth. Whisk in butter and up to 2 tablespoons water to make a thin batter. Cover and chill batter at least 1 hour. Heat 9 or 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat, spraying very lightly with cooking spray. Lift skillet off the heat and make each crepe by pouring in 2 tablespoons batter while tilting the pan in all directions to swirl the batter in a thin even layer. Cook until bottom of crepe is browned; flip and brown the other side for a few seconds. Use as crepes or tortillas and fill as desired. If you won't be using the crepes right away, store them with waxed paper between each one and place in a plastic bag in the refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.

Makes about 12 crepes

Per Crepe: 80 Calories; 6g Fat; 5g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I got this recipe from an old crepe cookbook and adapted it for low carb. The recipe said that you should get 15-18 crepes from the batch, but I just barely got 12 and the last two were somewhat skimpy. I did make sure that my batter was very thin too so I have no idea how they could possibly get that many. Unfortunately, that increased the carbs per crepe from 1 net carb to 2 net carbs. I used the full amount of salt called for and they taste fine and aren't too salty. I recommend making the crepes ahead of time, wrap them up in a plastic bag and keep them in the refrigerator until needed. That will give them a chance to soften and become more pliable and less likely to crack when rolling.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mahyde
Stats: 119/110/110
WOE: moderate carbs/Zone
Start Date: April 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupmonsterdog
I made this recipe this morning for breakfast and it was wonderful. I was adapting a recipe from Allrecipes that was called Easy Fruit Cobbler, but I would say it is more of a breakfast cake.

Because other people have complained of recipes turning out to salty with the Carbalose Flour and I have found this problem with sweet recipes using Carbquik, I didn't add any extra salt and used unsalted butter and the flavors were perfect. This is also a very flexible recipe and I imagine the cake/batter part can be flavored up with a variety of spices, extracts, and citrus rinds. Or even without the fruit and with a crumble topping for a coffee cake. It is definitely a keeper.

1 cup Carbalose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar replacement
(I used 1/4 cup erythritol and 3/4 teaspoon pure stevia)
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup water
(or use 3/4 cup milk)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups blueberries (mine weighed out to 9 ounces)

Preheat oven to 350. Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish (I used a 9-inch round cake pan). Blend together the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries. This will be a thick batter. Pour/Spread the batter into the baking dish, over the butter. Layer the blueberries over the batter. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, until golden.

I came up with a total of 1074 calories and 57 carbs. The recipe serves 8 comfortably, with 134.5 calories and 7.2 carbs per serving.

(The batter did puff up the sides of the blueberries, but they didn't sink all the way to the bottom, as with other cobbler recipes. Also, any other fruit of your choice can be substituted. The original recipe called for 2 cups of peaches)
I made this with the peaches but added some polydextrose to the dry ingriedents. It was excellent. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:07 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Mahyde, how much polyd did you add? I had been considering adding it, but was worried it would weigh the batter down and keep the batter from rising up around the fruit (which it didn't do entirely, anyway!). . . .
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mahyde
Stats: 119/110/110
WOE: moderate carbs/Zone
Start Date: April 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupmonsterdog
Mahyde, how much polyd did you add? I had been considering adding it, but was worried it would weigh the batter down and keep the batter from rising up around the fruit (which it didn't do entirely, anyway!). . . .
I used about 3/4 cup and yes the batter did rise up around the fruit. I just don't make dessert without the PolyD.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: psigna
Stats: 218/171.6/125
WOE: South Beachy type, High Fiber (The Daily Plate)
Start Date: 1/4/10 again, 10/9/11 again start 200 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaSue

BAVARIAN APPLE CHEESECAKE
Crust:
1/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Carbalose flour

Filling:
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granular Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Topping:
2 cups granny smith apples, sliced, 8 ounces (don't slice too thin)
1/3 cup granular Splenda (do not use liquid Splenda)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1 ounce

Beat first 3 crust ingredients on medium speed; stir in flour until a soft dough forms. Pat onto bottom and just slightly up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

Place apples in a single layer on a baking sheet. You may want to line it with a silicone liner because the apples will stick. Cover with foil and bake at 400º 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Arrange warm apples atop filling.

In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup granular Splenda and cinnamon. Sprinkle almonds evenly over apples, then cover with cinnamon-Splenda mixture. It will seem like an awful lot of cinnamon mixture, but you'll be glad that you put it all on there. Bake at 400º 40 minutes until golden brown. Cool, then remove sides of pan. I didn't like the dry, powdery look of the granular Splenda on top so I sprayed it lightly with a water mister to melt the Splenda. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.

Makes about 8-12 servings

With granular Splenda:
Per 1/8: 384 Calories; 33g Fat; 11g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs
Per 1/12: 256 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per 1/8: 374 Calories; 33g Fat; 11g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 8g Net Carbs
Per 1/12: 249 Calories; 22g Fat; 7g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs

This is my low carb version of a wonderful cheesecake recipe from my cousin, Laurie. All I did was substitute Splenda for the sugar and use Carbalose flour instead of regular flour in the crust. I also reduced the amount of apples by 2 cups to save carbs. This has got to be about the best low carb dessert I've ever eaten. No one will know that this is low carb, especially if you top it with some whipped cream or Whipped Topping (not included in carb counts). There is just enough apple to give it the right flavor, but not enough to be outrageously high in carbs. They add just 2-3 net carbs per serving. The crust is nice and flaky and this dessert reminds me of a cross between apple strudel and apple Danish. The cheese filling isn't overly sweet, so you may want to add a touch more sweetener if you like your cheesecake sweeter. Between the Whipped Topping and the sweet cinnamony apples, I don't think it really needs to be sweeter.

Below you can see a slice of the cheesecake:

WHIPPED TOPPING
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar free instant vanilla or white chocolate pudding mix, dry
A little liquid Splenda, optional

Makes about 8 servings

Place cream in a large, deep mixing bowl and add the dry pudding mix and sweetener, if using. Briefly whisk until the powder has dissolved and no longer looks grainy. With a large wire whisk, briskly whip the cream mixture until thick and fluffy. Stop as soon as it becomes thick. This will only take a minute or less.

I put my Whipped Topping in a quart size zipper bag, with one of my cake decorating tips and coupler inserted into one corner of the bag, to get the fancy look you see in the picture.

Per Serving: 105 Calories; 11g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

Would you happen to have the carb counts for this without the apple topping? I am making it now without that and I used Liquid splenda instead of granular. I am not quite ready to have that many carbs yet for a dessert. It looks wonderful.!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:56 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

I love this crust! I've made it for a pudding dessert, and a peach jello pie. I bet it would be excellent with cheesecake (I would use a recipe and a half).

Walnut Carbalose Crust

1/2 cup Carbalose
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup pourable splenda

Mix all ingredients together, and press into pie plate or baking dish. Bake at 350 about 12-15 minutes, until browned. Cool before using.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sassay
Stats: 255/172/130
WOE: Low carb & actos
Start Date: 3/05
Linda, does Carblose and Carbquick measure the same against each other?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassay
Linda, does Carblose and Carbquick measure the same against each other?
I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lewister6232
zucchini bread

(My first post in ages and it’s a recipe! Yikes!)

Someone up thread asked about zucchini bread. I found a recipe off the web this weekend and altered it to the following, which I thought came out very well.

Zucchini Bread

3 large eggs
2 cups Splenda
2 cups grated zucchini
3 tsps vanilla
1 cup oil
2 cups Carbalose
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
.5 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325.

Beat eggs until foamy. Add Splenda, oil, zucchini and vanilla.
Combine flours, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice. Add to mixture.
Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick spray. Split evenly between pans.
Bake for 55-60 minutes.

NOTES:
1) I didn’t have any allspice, so I used .5 tsp nutmeg and .25 tsp cloves.
2) I didn’t have any vegetable oil (which is what it specifically called for) so I used a light olive oil suitable for baking.
3) I only had one loaf pan so I made one loaf and four huge muffins. I cooked the muffins for 30 minutes and the loaf for 55. Original recipe called for an hour for the loaves. I think I might prefer to have lots of small muffins.
4) Batter came out pretty dense, so it might be possible to replace some of the Splenda with DaVinci’s.
5) Texture not quite like what I remember, but is pretty nice. When I pulled the first muffin open, it looked like a bran muffin a little bit. Might try adding some bran in next time.
6) Smells ultra yummy as baking! Makes me think of apples. Any ideas for how to make this an apple bread?
7) My alterations from the original recipe – type of flour, sweetener, doubled the baking powder, dropped 25 degrees off the cooking time.
8) I used a mixer to blend everything together. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was just too lazy to hand stir.

Don't have any carb counts and I'm not sure I want to know since this is pretty yummy.

Susan
Old 08-13-2005, 06:00 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD Carbalose Brownies

I subbed carbalose for the flour in my brownie recipe and it was a raving success!

These taste JUST like the way the original, high carb version did. I am so thrilled! I'm starting to have a little more faith in Carbalose flour. . . .

1 stick of unsalted butter
2 ounces (2 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate (I used Bakers)
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (156 g) polydextrose
1/4 cup erythritol
1 packet Ace-K
13 drops sweetzfree
(These 4 ingredients above are replacing 1 cup of sugar)
1/2 cup (50 g) Carbalose flour

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with foil/parchment (by far, the easiest for removal later) or grease the pan well.

In a large bowl, combine the polydextrose and the flour. In a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave on low power, melt the butter and chocolate in a small bowl. Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth and no lumps of chocolate remain. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool down just a minute or so. Stir in erythritiol, Ace-K, and sweetzfree until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Stir in vanilla.

Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold until combined. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake until set, approximately 20-25 minutes. Cool and cut into 16 squares.

**My brownies didn't appear set after 20 minutes at 325 degrees, so I increased the temperature to 350 degrees and baked an additional 5 minutes. At that point, they almost looked too set but this ended up being perfect. These brownies are perfectly buttery, dense, gooey, and sweet.

By the way, I get a carb count of approximately 2 carbs per piece.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
Blueberry muffins
-------------
These turned out so good!

1 and 3/4 cups carbalose
1 + 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 + 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
1/3 cup E
1/3 cup splenda
4 tsp sweet one
1/2 cup canola oil
1 jumbo egg
1 cup yogurt ( used thick greek style), so if you use regular yogurt you might need to add more carbalose because the whey hasn't been drained out
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl sift together the flour,sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.

In another large bowl, whisk together the , oil, egg and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients, Stir mixture for a count of 10. Add 1 cup blueberries to mixture and stir 3 more times.

Add the mixture to greased muffin pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and turn out, upside down on tea towel to cool completely.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pcquilter
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 2-1-2005
Blueberrie Muffins
what is 1/3 c E

I love blueberries. thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #149
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
E = erythritol, a sugar alcohol with no stomach troubles for most people!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:19 PM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has anyone tried making an Angel Food Cake with carbalose?