Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HeatherFeather
Stats: 185/155/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: Nov 2002 restart 6/2011
Coconut Oil Recipes and ideas...

I want to start a thread that we can keep adding to to get everyone's ideas and recipes for using coconut oil. I know a number of us are trying it out and it would be great to have all the info in one place.

Okay, I'll start. Yesterday I made coconut mayonnaise and it turned out great. I used it to make my "faux-tato" salad (using cauliflower instead of potatoes) and it was freakin' fantastic. I also made up some SF/LC 1000 Island dressing.

I used the expeller pressed coconut oil because I didn't really want it to taste like coconuts.

Here's the recipe I used (next time I think I will try to use only CO and no olive oil and see how it works).

1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Celtic salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (I didn't have white so I used regular pepper)
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil (melted if solid)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1. Put the eggs, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender: Then with the processor or blender running on low speed, start adding your oils very slowly. Start out with drops and then work up to about a 1/16-inch stream. It should take about two minutes to add the oil.
2. Continue blending until there is no free standing oil.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Next time I make this for ranch or 1000 island I'm going to omit the mustard.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Here's another coconut oil recipe/idea:

It is a variation of SpongeBob's Flaxmeal bread:

Rich Chocolatey Flaxmeal/Carbquik Bread

1 c. flaxmeal
1 c. Carbquik
1 c. walnuts (or nut of choice)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
3 heaping Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
.5 c. erythritol (or sweetener of choice)

1 Tbsp liquid Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 eggs
8 Tbsp vanilla or chocolate Davinci's

5 Tbsp melted Virgin Coconut oil

Mix together dry ingredients. Add melted coconut oil and mix well. Blend wet ingredients and add to dry. Fold everything together and bake in 350 oven for about 35-40 minutes.

Optional: I also added about 1 cup of Minicarb choc. chips. Oh WOW, was that good!!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
Dizneegirl's Coconut Flax Muffins

2 eggs
1/8 teaspoon stevia, or to taste (equal to 1/2 cup sweetness)
dash salt
2 tablespoons DaVinci (I used german chocolate cake)
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup vanilla whey protein
1 cup flax meal
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 teaspoons baking powder

Mix all ingredients and let rest several minutes. Fill 6 muffin tins (I use a silicone pan, you may need to grease metal pans) and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes, until top springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan and let cool. Makes 6 muffins.

Per Muffin (using Designer Whey Protein): 284 Calories; 27g Fat (78.9% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 313mg Sodium

-----

Coconut Oil Fudge Recipes
Old 04-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Bfranke
Stats: 177.5/139.5/117.5
WOE: Modified Atkins/Exercise
Start Date: 12/26/05
dizneegirl, your muffins sound great! I just put it in my recipe file, and I will use 4 T coconut oil, and 4 T Z-trim to make them.....soon.
Thanks,
Bette
Old 04-07-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Criosa
Stats: 240/171/150
WOE: hhCG, Low Carb
Start Date: In and out since 2003
Heather,
I've thought about making mayonnaise with coconut oil, but thought it would get too hard to spread once it cooled. You didn't have a problem with that?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criosa
Heather,
I've thought about making mayonnaise with coconut oil, but thought it would get too hard to spread once it cooled. You didn't have a problem with that?
No, actually, I was surprised at how well it came out. Maybe the stiffness of the cooled coconut oil actually helped make the final product a nice firm (like a chilled pudding) consistency. It blended in with my salad beautifully! Next time I'm going to make it with just coconut oil instead of half CO and half olive oil just to see what happens.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I've made the coconut oil mayo now with only the coconut oil instead of 1/2 and 1/2 olive oil and it came out really good. It made a great ranch as well as 1000 island dressing.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
could you post your ranch dressing recipe? I am going to try and make this today,, thanks for the post on the mayo,, sound good,, how long would this mayo keep?
Old 04-12-2005, 02:11 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Basically I used the mayo recipe from the first post in this thread, but I omitted the mustard and salt and used 1 cup of expeller pressed (organic, non-chemically expeller pressed) coconut oil and no olive oil (the only reason I didn't use virgin coconut oil is because I didn't want it to taste like coconut). Then I added 1 cup of Hood's Fat Free Carb Countdown milk and 1 package of Ranch dressing mix (actually, I used the Ranch Dip mix because they were out of the dressing mix at the store when I went to go buy it). I mixed it all together and refrigerated it. Once I had used about 3/4 of it, it started to be really thick so I added another 1/2 cup of Hood's to thin it a bit.

I don't know how long it would keep in the frig - I've gone through mine in about a week. It should last until you use it all, I should think.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:28 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Criosa
Stats: 240/171/150
WOE: hhCG, Low Carb
Start Date: In and out since 2003
Heather,
I am so thankful you posted this coconut oil mayonnaise recipe! I made it with all expeller pressed coconut oil, and it truly is wonderful! Now I can finally toss the Hellman's with out a cringe.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:01 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

It's really good, isn't it?? I made another batch of Faux potato salad yesterday and it is just so great in that! I don't feel half so guilty eating it now!

If anyone is interested... here is my "recipe" (if you can call it that) for TOM survival chocolate:

8 ounces Nestle unsweetened baking chocolate
6 bars of Z-Carb dark chocolate (with or without nuts)
1 cup Virgin coconut oil

Melt it all together over a double boiler. Pour on a tray over nuts if you want and chill in freezer until hard. Break into small pieces and store in freezer. YUM! Gas free. Low on the guilt scale!! WAY better than Russel Stovers. Not very sweet (I prefer it that way, you may want to add more of the sweetened stuff if you like it sweet).
Old 04-13-2005, 05:19 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
oh man,, sounds yummy, I am so going to try this,, I am going to scale it down some though as I have portion control.. First to make the mayo..
Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JadedOne
Stats: 356/159/170
WOE: 'Maintaning' but still losing!
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather
It's really good, isn't it?? I made another batch of Faux potato salad yesterday and it is just so great in that! I don't feel half so guilty eating it now!

If anyone is interested... here is my "recipe" (if you can call it that) for TOM survival chocolate:

8 ounces Nestle unsweetened baking chocolate
6 bars of Z-Carb dark chocolate (with or without nuts)
1 cup Virgin coconut oil

Melt it all together over a double boiler. Pour on a tray over nuts if you want and chill in freezer until hard. Break into small pieces and store in freezer. YUM! Gas free. Low on the guilt scale!! WAY better than Russel Stovers. Not very sweet (I prefer it that way, you may want to add more of the sweetened stuff if you like it sweet).

that sounds like it makes alot!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #14
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: rowdy1
Stats: 5'5"..currently way tooooooooo much!!
WOE: carb monitoring w/yocheese
Start Date: 9/03...terminal uphill battle
Hey all, visited our local health food store today and David Hawkins, owner and herbalist for 25 years, gave me a paper on coconut he drafted. Here are some nice tidbits if you didn't know:

.....As a neutraceutical, it provides health beneftis beyond its basic nutritional value as evidenced in populations throughout Asia and the Pacific....As listed by Bruce Fife, coconut oil: improves digestion, provides quick energy, improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose, improves calcium and magnesium absorption for the development of bones and teeth, aids in the absorption of minerals and fat soluble vitamins, supports healthy thyroid function, supports and aids the immune system, makes skin smooth and soft, reduces the need for essential fatty acids, and helps to protect the body from free-radical damage.

....But, will coconut oil really help you lose those extra pounds? The medium-chain fatty acids found in coconut oil help to speed up metabolism, promoting weight loss. Since these fats are sent directly to the liver, instead of circulating in the blood stream, they are converted into energy rather than being stored as body fat. Those suffering from hypothyroidism may be pleasantly surprised by the kick-start coconut oil provides to their sluggish metabolism. A list of references on studies dealing with metabolism rates and consumption of coconut oil can be found in Dr. Fife's book, The Healing Miralces of Coconut Oil.

....When you make the switch to coconut oil, there are some basic guidelines you should follow. First and most important, stay away from the hydrogenated varieties. The process of hydrogenation creates the trans fatty acids (TFAs), which have been proven to cause the elevated levels of cholesterol in the blood, which can lead to heart disease. These substances are not present in natural extra virgin coconut oil. Virgin coconut oil should smell mildly of coconut; the others don't. Also, avoid the term "bleached" and "deodorized" as the processes used to bleach and deodorize may add undersirable chemical components to the oil. Once you have selected a clean, natural oil, try to consume three to four tablespoons per day. This is a therapeutic doesage and should provide your body with enough lauric acid to really give your immune system a boost.....be sure to store your coconut oil in a cook, dark area. You may refrigerate your oil if you like, but it is not necessary to maintain freshness.

The health food store was also interested in your recipes that include coconut oil such as the "mayo" and salad dressings.....I haven't purchased any coconut oil yet because they only had a 32 oz. jar for $28.00..yikes! A little too much oil there until I see if I like it...

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can.....I think i can. If the Little Engine That Could can....can I?

Last edited by rowdy1; 04-13-2005 at 05:31 PM..
Old 04-14-2005, 06:08 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: puttchikins
I bought a book The Coconut Diet by Cherie Calbon which has a lot of great coconut recipies and I just bought the book but I am definitely going to try this one sounds yummy
CRISPY COCONUT CHICKEN SALAD
2 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp virgin cocnut oil
4 cups mixed greens in vineagrette

cut chicken in strips, mix coconut and flax seed...dip chicken in egg and then roll in flax coconut mixture saute in coconut oli until crispy...cool serve over greens

now does that sound good or not????????????????
Old 04-14-2005, 06:19 AM   #16
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: rowdy1
Stats: 5'5"..currently way tooooooooo much!!
WOE: carb monitoring w/yocheese
Start Date: 9/03...terminal uphill battle
That DOES sound very good!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedOne
that sounds like it makes alot!

Yeah, I have to do everything in big make-ahead quantities since I have a big family and not much time to dork around with my food needs. This quantity will last at least a month or more.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vodkavases
Stats: 240/-/135 (5'4'')
WOE: whatever works!
Start Date: May 03
does anyone have a suggestion for making a smoothie ( i guess you would melt the oil first?)
Old 04-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

I found this by googling "coconut oil smoothie recipe" You could turn it into low-carb by subbing out the fruit and juice, I think:

For those who either don't have time to cook, or don't enjoy it, I heartily recommend a breakfast smoothie as a way to add coconut oil to your diet. Although I enjoy cooking and baking, my wife and I frequently go out for our evening meal so our morning smoothie is often our source of coconut oil for the day. We find this drink so satisfying that we even take the ingredients and a hand blender along when we are on vacation. I use a "stick" or immersion blender to make the drink since it is easy to clean and also does a better job than a traditional blender since it tends to pull the ingredients down into the blade as opposed to tossing them up in the air. The best "stick" blender I have found (both on the basis of price and reliability) is made by Braun. They sell for under $30 and do a very good job without a lot of extra bells and whistles. My basic recipe follows, but all of the proportions are adjustable depending on the size and consistency of the drink which you prefer.

Breakfast Smoothie

1 small banana (or any portion thereof)
other fruit (preferably fresh if available): 2-3 strawberries, peach slices, blueberries, etc.
6 to 8 ounces of fruit juice (orange, pineapple, grape, or whatever suits your palate)
2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (solid)
1 scoop whey protein

Blend the above ingredients with the immersion blender until they are smooth. If the drink is too thick for your taste, add a little more juice. Clean up is a quick rinse and blending of a drop or two of dish soap in some hot water and a thorough rinse.

Last edited by HeatherFeather; 04-14-2005 at 10:58 AM..
Old 04-14-2005, 11:05 AM   #20
Allergic to Carbs- I break out in Fat!

Gallery: Diana
Stats: 176.5/138.8/134 (5'3")
WOE: The Original Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03 Restart 4/08
Well now I know I can make Mayo with it.... Interesting
Old 04-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

thanks! i suppose you would leave out ice because the oil will make it thick on its own.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tilla
Stats: 235/176/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/03
Here is the smoothie recipe I use: In a blender, combine 1 cup coconut milk, 2 Tbsp. flax meal, 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp. almond extract, a little sweetener of choice, 1-2 Tbsp. vanilla whey protein powder, and a hand full of ice cubes. I don't melt the oil first--it mixes just fine.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CRosie
Stats: 266/186/150
WOE: my own low carb/sometimes lowfat plan
Start Date: May 21, 2007
Hi Heather ~

Thanks for this thread.

I've cooked with coconut oil (works best for me in the Asian stir frys) and used it in smoothies.

I recently made the coconut oil fudge recipe from the Body for Life board here.

I liked the flavor pretty much. but it melts so easily in the hands - makes it a little difficult to eat and it's a little on the "greasy" side (at least to me).

I've been thinking about modifying that recipe with something us to bulk it up.

In your web searches - have you come upon many of these protein bar or candy/cookie portable type recipes?

Thanks, Rosie
Old 04-15-2005, 07:25 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharon M.
Heather, Your melted chocolate would probably work well to dip fresh strawberries, or to drizzel over a cheesecake. Thanks!!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:26 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharon M.
Heather- Or use the melted chocolate to pour over unsweetened coconut!!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:30 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Rosie, there are a number of bar and cookie recipes I've seen. One of my favorites is the Snackeroons recipe that I posted here awhile ago. I'll have to dig it up and repost it. It's a great on the go breakfast cookie.

I have made macaroons (with unsweetened coconut) with the choc and VCNO - they were great.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sanderson76
Stats: 155/148.8/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 11/14/11
Chocolate Bark

4 T. (1/4 Cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder
2 oz. nuts (optional)
1/4 t. low-carb sweetener, such as stevia or xylitol

Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.

Blend nuts into chocolate mixture. (optional)

Have chilled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for ten minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.

Pop it in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let it sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap.

================================================== =======

Coconut Mayonnaise
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Celtic salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil (melted if solid)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

1. Put the eggs, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender: Then with the processor or blender running on low speed, start adding your oils very slowly. Start out with drops and then work up to about a 1/16-inch stream. It should take about two minutes to add the oil.
2. Continue blending until there is no free standing oil.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups

Creamy Vinaigrette
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or scallions
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1/4 teaspoon healthy low-carb sweetener
1 clove garlic, crushed
Pinch savory or oregano
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut oil mayonnaise

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, chives or scallions, salt, sweetener, garlic, savory or oregano, and cayenne.
2. Add the mayonnaise and whisk until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Makes about 4 servings

Coconut Treats
1/8 cup chopped nuts (almonds or pecans are good) (optional)

2 teaspoons unsweetened coconut flakes; 4-5 teaspoons if rolling in coconut flakes

1 tablespoon coconut oil; melted or softened if hard

1 teaspoon ground flax seeds

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon stevia (sweeten to taste)

1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt

Set the chopped nuts and 2-3 teaspoons of the coconut flakes aside, if rolling the coconut balls in the mixture. Or you may combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Form the mixture into a shape similar to a flattened macaroon and freeze. The ingredients freeze in about 5 minutes. The coconut treat will pop right out of the bowl and you can eat it like a cookie. Or you can divide the ingredients into two or three small balls. Mix together the chopped nuts and remaining coconut flakes on a flat plate and roll the balls in the mixture; freeze for at least 5 minutes.

Virgin Coconut Oil Coleslaw
1 cup Virgin Coconut oil
2 tablespoon Stevia
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 cup garlic red wine vinegar
Mix dry ingredients
Add vinegar
Slowly blend in VCO

Pour over shredded cabbage and enjoy.
================================================== ========

Crispy Coconut Chicken Salad
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes

1/4 cup ground almonds

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut oil

4 cups mixed greens

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside. Mix coconut flakes and ground almonds together on a dinner plate. In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg. Dip the chicken strips in the egg and roll each strip in the coconut-flax mixture. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the chicken strips until completely opaque through the center. Sever over a bed of mixed greens with Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing or your favorite vinaigrette.

Serves 2

Garlic-Parmesan Halibut
This halibut is so delicious it’s hard to believe that it’s a healthy, low-carb entrée.

1 to 1 1/2 pounds halibut, cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Lemon pepper to taste
Sea salt or Celtic salt to taste
TOPPING
2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil Mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce or pinch of cayenne pepper
Himalayan salt, to taste

1. On each side of the fish steak, make 3 diagonal cuts 2 inches long and 1/2 inch deep. Place the halibut in a large, shallow dish and pour the lemon juice over it; marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Place the fish on a broiling pan and sprinkle with lemon juice from the marinade along with black pepper. Bake the fish for 15 minutes, or until it is opaque in the middle.
4. While the halibut is baking, combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, green onions, garlic, mustard, and hot sauce or cayenne in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Remove halibut from the oven and then turn the oven to broil.
6. Sprinkle salt, as desired, over the fish and then spread some of the topping over each fillet. Broil the fish for about 1 minute, or until the topping is golden brown.

Serves 4-6

Veggie Scramble
1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons zucchini, finely chopped
1 tablespoon onion, minced
2 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1-2 eggs
1 tablespoon milk, cream, or plain almond milk
Salt
Black pepper

1. In a small pan, melt the coconut oil. Add the zucchini and onions and sauté until tender.
2. Next, add the cherry tomatoes, stir and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. While the vegetables are sautéing, beat the eggs with milk in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour eggs into the pan and scramble lightly.
Serves 1-2

Yogurt Energy Drink
By Bel Lilligren
1/2 cup plain yogurt (preferably whole milk organic, can be flavored, like vanilla)
1 banana, cut into 2 pieces
2 egg yolks - raw/organic
2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
2 tablespoons Flaxseeds (ground)
crushed ice (optional)

Put yogurt, banana, egg yolk, flaxseeds and coconut oil in a blender. Blend it at medium speed. Put crushed ice in and blend again. Good for 2 servings.

Comments:
1. You can substitute flaxseeds with almond nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and other healthy nuts and seeds that you prefer.

2. You can also freeze this and eat it as frozen yogurt.

3. This drink is good as a quick digestive breakfast food and gives you a lot of energy in the morning that lasts until lunch.

4. Suppresses appetite, gives energy, and helps to lose weight.

Sautéed Vegetables with Beef
4-6 servings

1 lb. organic lean beef, sliced into thin strips

4 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil

1/2 c green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces

2 tablespoon soy sauce (organic, traditionally fermented)

1 teaspoon ginger root, thinly sliced

2 tablespoon sherry, or dry wine, or gourmet vinegar

Pinch of stevia

1/2 cup beef broth

1 cup mushrooms, sliced

1 cup bean sprout

1 medium carrot, thinly sliced

1 cup green beans cut in 1 inch pieces

Salt to taste

Procedure:

Heat Virgin coconut oil in a wok or pan. Fry beef until browned. Remove and drain.
Stir-fry ginger and onion in 2 tablespoons of Virgin coconut oil for 1 minute.
Add beef broth and stir.
Simmer for 2 minutes. Season with soy sauce, sherry and stevia leaf.
Add green beans, mushrooms, carrots, and bean sprouts, stirring constantly until crisp. Add salt to taste.
Serve it while still hot.

Optional: Serve on a bed of alfalfa sprouts

Last edited by sanderson76; 04-15-2005 at 09:52 AM..
Old 04-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

i just tried the coconut chocolate candy and yuck! waaayyy too much coconut flavor for me to handle but now i have a bowl full of melted together chocolate-coconut oil. what can i do with this oil? should i bake it into a cake somehow or add it to a smoothie?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkavases
i just tried the coconut chocolate candy and yuck! waaayyy too much coconut flavor for me to handle but now i have a bowl full of melted together chocolate-coconut oil. what can i do with this oil? should i bake it into a cake somehow or add it to a smoothie?

Try making SpongeBob's flaxmeal bread with it. I use 1/2 flaxmeal, 1/2 Carbquik. My favorite variation is the chocolate and you could make it by adding your mixture. It would be great and wouldn't taste too much like coconut. Add at least 1 tsp or more of vanilla.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:32 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
HeatherFeather, please repost the snackaroons, sounds good.