Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Linny
Stats: Lost 50 lbs
WOE: Organic & Natural Whole Food version of Atkins
One of my favorite chicken dishes. I often add precooked crispy bacon to the toppings before adding the cheese.

SMOTHERED CHICKEN

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt, pepper or whatever you prefer as a seasoning
Butter
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced thin (can use 1/2 red and 1/2 green)
1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, minced
6 slices cheese, like swiss, provolone, cheddar, mozzarella......whatever you prefer

Flatten chicken, if desired; sprinkle with desired seasonings. Grill chicken until done. Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Place grilled chicken on a baking sheet, cover with vegetables, then smother with cheese. Bake at 350º about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted or microwave for a minute or so.

Makes 6 servings

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms, Ham, Cheese

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
5 t. olive oil
4 ounces mushrooms such as porcini, shiitake or cremini, thinly sliced (I used white button)
4 thin slices prosciutto (2 oz.), or thinly sliced deli ham (I used virginia baked ham)
3/4 C. shredded Italian fontina cheese (3 ounces)
1 small clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 large plum tomatoes (6 oz.), peeled, seeded and slivered
1 t. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Place chicken breasts between two layers of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4 thick cutlets.

Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; let cool.

Arrange one slice of prosciutto over each cutlet. Sprinkle fontina cheese over prosciutto, dividing it equally. Mound one quarter of sautéed mushrooms in the center of each cutlet. Fold the long sides of the cutlet toward the center then roll up, enclosing the mushroom filling.

Tie the chicken rolls with kitchen twine and place them seam side down on a small baking pan that has been lightly oiled.

Rub the chicken roll with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should register 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer.)

Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute until golden. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the basil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.

When chicken is ready, remove twine and slice each roll into 1/2 inch thick slices. Fan slices out on four dinner plates and serve each with spoonful of the tomato-garlic sauce. Serves 4

Source: Olive Garden.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Chicken with Pink Tarragon Sauce

A quick meal, this one. This tasty dish is Induction friendly and a pleasant way to change up those boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Any leftover sauce is absolutely divine dipped over your scrambled eggs at breakfast. If you’re at the OWL phase, 1-2 T. of white wine is good added to this sauce. This sauce can be prepared separately and compliments steamed asparagus or steamed cauliflower nicely. It's also good on broiled fish!

INGREDIENTS:

12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin diagonally
1 T. butter for frying chicken
1 T. butter, for sauce
½ tsp. tarragon
2 T. tomato paste
1 c. cream
Dash black pepper
Dash salt (unless using salted butter above)

DIRECTIONS: Slice chicken into thin slices laterally and brown in 1T. of the butter in large non-stick skillet. While it is cooking, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and add tarragon. Let simmer on very low heat 1 minute, stirring with rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add tomato paste and stir to blend well. Add salt and black pepper. Slowly stir in the cream, a couple tablespoons at a time until tomato paste is thinning down a bit. Slowly add rest of cream in small in small increments, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened a bit and will coat the spoon/spatula. Pour into gravy boat and serve at once over chicken. Garnish with some tarragon flakes.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Makes 4 servings, each contains:
301 calories
19.2 g fat
4.05 g carbs, .3 g fiber, 3.75 g NET CARBS
27.3 g protein

Old 01-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Buttoni that looks delicious!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
Buttoni that looks delicious!
DITTO THAT
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kim6980
Stats: 275/180.4
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 10/11/2011 started LC
I like to fry up a piece or 2 of bacon (usually turkey, but a special treat of MAPLE bacon is yum too). Drain it, then cook a chicken breast in the bacon oil for just a minute or 2. Long enough just to get that taste on there! Then I put it in a preheated 350 degree oven. At about 5 mins of baking time left, I add the bacon on top and a piece of cheddar and finish cooking til cheese is melty!!! Also, I will do a lil codon blue! SPlit a chicken breast in half and butterfly it. Then I add a slice of 2 of thin ham and some swiss....or sometimes do a spread of Laughing Cow Garlic and herb inside!!! MMM MMMM!!! OR add a wee brie wedge and a few thin apple slices!! I have had to come up with many creations!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jpatti
CHICKEN FAJITAS
12 servings @ 18g carb (total, not net) 29g protein 472 calories

Mix 4 TB lime juice, 2 TB avocado oil, 4 cloves garlic (pressed), 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper in casserole dish and marinate 2 lbs chicken breast in it overnight, turning once or twice.

Bake chicken in marinade at 350 for 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, put 2 yellow bell peppers (sliced) and 3 medium onions (sliced) in a mixture of 2 TB avocado oil, 2 TB water, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1/2 tsp lime juice in a bowl and toss. Fry veggies in batches in cast-iron skillet over medium heat. As they are done, place veggies in casserole and place in oven to keep warm.

Slice chicken into strips and fry in now-empty skillet with pan juices until liquid has evaporated and chicken just browns.

For each serving, place 1/12 of chicken and 1/12 of veggies in a Wrap-itz low-carb tortilla and top with 1 oz shredded cheddar, 1/6th of an avocado and 1 TB sour cream.

Type II diabetic on low carb, Lantus and Humalog
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chicken Bolognese

This dish is very quick to prepare (provided you have the spaghetti meat sauce already made up), very tasty and just made it to my regular chicken recipe rotations! It can either be served as shown above, over a bed of Dreamfields pasta (if you imbibe) or even over shirataki tofu noodles. This extremely nutritious dinner is suitable for your Induction menu rotations provided you omit the wine. Each serving begins with 5 oz. raw chicken breast, which cooks down to about 4.5 oz. Of course, you may choose to use larger portions of chicken, or more sauce, as I did for my husband. Be sure to recalculate your numbers for recipe additions/alterations, however.

INGREDIENTS:

20 oz. deboned chicken breast, skinless (5 oz. piece per serving)
1 c. my homemade spaghetti sauce
4 basil leaves, chopped
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, grated
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 oz. red wine (omit if still on Induction)
2 T. olive oil

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Pound the chicken breasts with a meat cleaver between two sheets of plastic wrap until they are just about ¼-3/8″ thick. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet and sear the chicken on both sides until golden and nearly done. Turn off heat. Spoon ¼ c. meat sauce over each of the four pieces of browned chicken. Next drizzle ½ T. red wine over each serving. Sprinkle ¼ of the basil leaves on each next. Then 1 oz. of mozzarella. Finally sprinkle the top of each stack with 2 T. Parmesan cheese. Pop that skillet into your preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes to finish cooking and blend the flavors. Serve with your favorite green vegetable or a nice green salad. I made some low-carb garlic bread to go with this also.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 4 servings, each contains:

475 calories
28.4 g fat
6.4 g carbs, 1.3 g fiber, 5.1 g NET CARBS
45.7 g protein
702 mg sodium
279 mg potassium
37% RDA Vitamin B6, 32% B12, 407% phosphorous, 27% zinc, 29% calcium, 16% iron, 12% magnesium, 86% niacin, 23% riboflavin and 53% selenium
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bella9
Stats: Size 22 down to 6 ~
WOE: Low Carb ~ my way
Start Date: February 14, 2008
Peggy, made the bolognese last night along with Dreamfield's and it was wonderful!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I JUST saw this post! I'm so GLAD you guys liked this! You know me.....I'm into easy and GOOD!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
subscribing so I don't lose the thread great ideas guys!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
subscribing !