Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Recipe Forum Sticky Threads (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/)
-   -   Carbquik Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/277911-carbquik-recipes.html)

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:15 PM

Carbquik Recipes

There are so many good recipes for Carbquik on the Carbquik sticky - but they're BURIED! So I thought I'd copy them and start a thread for just recipes. Could one of the administrators please make this a sticky? I mostly cut and pasted full recipes. Feel free to add.

Here's the first one.

Impossible Bacon Pie (Dianna)

12 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbles
1 cup shredded natural Swiss cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 cups milk
1 cup Bisquick
4 eggs
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease pie plate, 10X1 1/2", sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion in the pie plate. Beat remaining ingr. until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high speed or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into pie plate. Bake until golden brown, and knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any remaining pie. 6 servings

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:17 PM

Blackberry Cobbler (PaminKY)

I used the Cut Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe on the side on the Carbquik Box:

2 cups Carbquik
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup water (2 tbs)

I added some liquid splenda to taste.

Place dry mix in bowl. On low speed, slowly add liquid until dough forms. Do not overwork dough. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness kind of in the shape of your pan but longer on the sides. I used and 8x8 glass pan. Melt some butter in your pan
and then place dough in pan with the the sides draping over the edge.

Filling:

3-4 cups berries (I used frozen blackberries)
Splenda to taste
Diabetisweet to taste
Xanthan gum
Lorann blackberry flavoring

I put the blackberries with all the juice in a saucepan on med heat. Added liquid splenda and a some Diabetisweet ( if you don't use much it doesn't cause tummy problems but the mixture of sweeteners does help). I added a bit of Lorann blackberry flavoring just to enhance the flavor but it is not necessary. The blackberries I used grow wild in the back of our property and sometimes the wild blackberries don't have as much flavor as the ones you buy in the grocery. I put the xanthum gum in a salt shaker and then just sprinkled on the mixture and let cook just a bit until it gets thicker but not too thick. I didn't measure the xanthum gum but just added a bit at a time until the right consistency. You just want to get rid of some of the wateriness but you want don't want to drain off the juice from the fruit, too much flavor in that.

I then poured the blackberry mixture into the glass pan on top of the biscuit dough. I then folded the draped sides over on top of the filling, put a few thin cut pieces of butter across the top, sprinkled a bit of granular splenda on top and then baked at 350 until browned.

Sorry to be so vague. I plan on trying a rhubarb cobbler as soon as I find out it rhubarb is legal or not.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:20 PM

Impossible Chocolate Creme Pie (Pami)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Carbquik Dessert

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 eggs
1 cup Carb Countdown 2%
1/4 cup butter -- softened
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate -- melted
artificial sweetener -- equivalent to 1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup Carbquick

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.

Place all ingredients in blender container. Cover and blend on high for 1 minute.

Pour into plate.

Bake until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center, about 30 minutes.

Cool completely.

Serve with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 139 Calories; 13g Fat (71.4% calories from fat); 5g Protein;
6g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium.

NOTES : I used a mix of liquid Splenda and liquid stevia; if using granulated sweetener, or
packets, add 3g carbs per serving.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:21 PM

CarbQuik Sandwich Rolls (Chef Greg)

Servings: 6
Interesting version of a roll similar to Schlotzskys famous sandwich roll.

1/2 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 package active dry yeast (package)
2 ounces warm hood milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda, softened 1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon water
2 1/2 cups CarbQuik

In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand till bubbly, about 5 minutes. With dough hook mix the rest of the liquids, salt, softened baking soda and 1 cup of CarbQuik to a smooth batter. Gradually add in the remaining CarbQuik and mix on low speed till a smooth sticky dough forms.
Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Spray 6 oven-proof soup bowls, 5" in diameter and dust each with a small amount of CarbQuik shake out any excess. Drop one rounded piece of dough into each. Cover each with a small piece of plastic wrap that has been sprayed with Pam. Let rise 1 hour or until just above the rim of each bowl.
Discard plastic wrap and bake on a center rack of a 375 degree oven 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack. Slice each horizontally to use for Sandwich roll.

Per Serving: 7g Fat 8g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; Net carbs 4

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:22 PM

CarbQuik Blueberry Muffins (Chef Greg)
Servings: 6

2 cups CarbQuik
2/3 cup half and half or same amount of butter milk (my preference)
1/2 smashed very ripe banana
1/3 cup Splenda
1 tsp double acting baking powder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 whole egg, beaten
3/4 cup blueberries, frozen, thawed and drained

Heat oven to 400º F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
Stir all ingredients except blueberries just until well moistened. Gently stir in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among cups. For a full large muffin, fill to the very top of muffin cup.
Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.

Per Serving 152 Calories; 10g Fat 6g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; Net Carbs 4g

**** Note. Do not allow batter to be to runny or smooth, a few lumps are fine

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:23 PM

CarbQuik Cheese and Vegetable Crepes (Chef Greg)
Servings: 12

The classic thin pancake is made extra-easy with CarbQuik. The veggie filling and cheese make these crepes perfect fare for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Use these same Crepes to make an Italian favorite Manicotti
1 cup CarbQuik
1/2 cup half and half or more as needed to make a thin batter.
2 whole eggs
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Vegetable Filling

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1 pinch salt

Lightly grease 6- or 7-inch non-stick skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Stir CarbQuik, half and half and eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk or fork until blended. The batter should be rather thin.
For each crepe, pour 2 tablespoons batter into hot skillet; rotate skillet until batter covers bottom. Cook until golden brown. Gently loosen edge with spatula; turn and cook other side until golden brown. Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between, as you remove them from skillet. Keep crepes covered to prevent them from drying out.
Heat oven to 350°F. Make Vegetable Filling. Spoon filling onto crepes. Sprinkle half of the cheese over filling on crepes; roll up crepes. Place seam sides down in un-greased rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or cheese melts and hot.

Vegetable Filling

Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook zucchini, bell pepper, onions and garlic in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.

Per Serving: 118 Calories; 8g Fat 6g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; Net carbs 3

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:23 PM

Sausage Gravy (Chef Greg)
Servings: 4-6

1 pound breakfast sausage
4 tablespoons Carbquik
1 1/2 cups Hood whole milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage to lightly brown. Sprinkle CarbQuik over sausage in skillet, stir to blend, add milk to pan all at once. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat, until thickened and bubbly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, serve over hot baked biscuits.

Per Serving 230 Calories; 23g Fat); 16g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; Net Carbs 5g or 3g based on 6 servings

Country style baking powder biscuits
Servings: 10 biscuits

2 cups CarbQuik
2 ounces Butter, cold
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup heavy cream see option
1/4 cup water
(Or as an option use ½ cup buttermilk) add .5 carbs delete other liquids

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut the cold butter into the Carbquik with either a pasty cutter or two knives, till the mixture resembles course meal.
Add baking powder a pinch of salt and blend well.
Mix the heavy cream with water to equal 1/2 cup of liquid, pour into dry mix.
Mix till dough forms and comes together, but do not over work the dough. A loose sticky dough is preferred
Work to dough either by hand or with a rolling pin to ¾ inch thickness. Cut 2” biscuits with either a round biscuit cutter or a drinking glass dipped in Carbquik
Bake in hot oven 8-10 minutes till biscuits are golden brown.

Per Serving 84 Calories; 9g Fat 2g Protein; 5 Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber; Net Carbs 2g

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:24 PM

Dumplings (Chef Greg)

2 cups Carbquik
2 egg yolks beaten
1/3 cup half & half
Pinch of salt
Chicken broth or stock as needed

Stir Carbquik egg yolks salt half and half till mixed, add just enough broth or stock to form a soft dough. Let rest 10 minutes. If dough seems to stiff, work a little more broth or stock into the dough before use.

Drop by spoonfuls into hot simmering broth or liquid, reduce heat. Cook uncovered 10 minutes, Cover and cook gently 10 additional minutes. Pay close attention to cook these gently, rapid cooking and these like most any dumpling will fall apart.

For added flavor, season the dough before cooking with salt and pepper, or sprinkle a little chili powder into the dough.

This should make about 10 dumplings

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:25 PM

Pie crust you ask (Chef Greg)

2 1/2 Cups CarbQuik
6 oz by weight of fat of choice, lard shortening or softened butter
Ice cold water as needed appox, 1/4 cup
pinch salt

Rub the fat into the CarbQuik very quickly, using a light touch. Tossing the fat and CarbQuik together until a coarse crumb is reached.

Mix together the ice water and salt, and sprinkle it over the CarbQuik mixture gradually. Combine using a few strokes until a mass forms. Gently gather the dough into a smooth ball. Flatten into a disk. Divide the dough in two pieces. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerated for at least 2 hour-24 hours. This process conditions the dough by allowing the CarbQuik time to absorb moisture and for the gluten to relax.

Pie dough will keep for 2-3 days in refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:25 PM

Impossible Egg Nog Pie (abbymommy)
(or whatever flavor you try)

1/2 cup Carbquik
1tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Davinci Egg Nog syrup
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1 cup Hoods 2% milk
nutmeg to taste, maybe 1/2 tsp

Mix all ingedients in a container and blend (I use my Thunderstick hand blender) until mixed well

Pour into a greased pie pan, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until top is slightly firm to the touch in the middle

I don't have exact carb counts on this, but it is similar to the other impossible pies except for the extra egg, so I am guessing about 2 net carbs per slice (1/8th of pie)

This came out DELICIOUS and actually separated into THREE layers, a very thin "crust", a custardy middle, and a nice upper breadier top.

It was like an egg custard but the flavor was unbelieveable with the egg nog syrup.

Honestly this Carbquik is amazing stuff, I am so pleased with it!

I am not even much of a baker or cook, but I am becoming one thanks to Carbquik - very easy to use

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:26 PM

Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie (susies1955)

1/2 cup Carbquik
2 cups Carb Countdown milk
1 cup unsweetened coconut
3/4 cup splenda (I used 6 packages & 3/4 t liquid splenda)
1/4 cup butter or margarine (I softened it in the microwave)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
2. Stir all ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 50 to 55 minutes ( I baked 50 but would bake it less next time and test it) or until golden brown and knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:27 PM

Carbquik Puff Pancakes (lgpars)

2 eggs
1 cup Carb Countdown 2%
2 1/3 cups Carbquik
2 tablespoons Splenda bulk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Beat eggs with electric beater until thick and creamy.
(This takes a few minutes, but it is important.)
Blend in milk; add Carbquik and Splenda. Mix just until thoroughly dampened.
Fold in oil.
Spoon onto medium-hot ungreased griddle.
When puffed up, and bubbles begin to break, flip over and bake on other side.
Makes about 15-20 small pancakes.
(I made half the recipe and got 12, between 3 and 4" in diameter.)
Per Serving (based on 8 servings): 195 Calories; 15g Fat (53.8% calories from fat);
10g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 50mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:27 PM

Impossibly Easy Cheesecake (szucami)
Fast-forward to the rewarding flavor of homemade cheesecake baked the impossibly easy Bisquick® mix way.

3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes and softened

2. Place milk, vanilla, eggs, sugar and the Bisquick mix in blender. Cover and blend on high speed 15 seconds. Add cream cheese. Blend 2 minutes longer. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.

Topping: If desired, make topping and spread over top of completely cooled cheesecake. Stir together 1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Serve with fruit.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:28 PM

LC Modified Impossible Cheesecake (based on original 1980's Bisquick version) (MizLiz)

3/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup CarbQuik mix
2 eggs
2-8 oz packages cream cheese, softened and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Heat oven to 350. Grease (spray Pam) a 9" pie plate. Place all ingredients in blender container. Blend on high for about 3 minutes, stopping occcasionally to stir, until smooth. Pour into plate. Bake just until puffed and center is dry, about 30 minutes. (Do not overbake) Spread Cheesecake Topping carefully over top; cool. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours. Serve w/fresh fruit is desired.

Cheescake Topping: mix 1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons splenda and 2 teaspoons vanilla.

I plugged this into ****** and get about 50 net carbs for the entire pie. I say "about" because I haven't yet added splenda and the bake mix to my custom foods for exacts yet. Just added from the box labels. So carbs will vary by serving size. I think mine ended up at about 10 servings for 5 net carbs

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:29 PM

LC Modified Impossible Quesadilla Pie (MizLiz)

2 cans chopped green chilies, drained
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk (Carb Countdown)
1 cup CarbQuik mix
4 eggs

Heat oven to 425. Grease pie plate. Sprinkle chilies and cheese in plate. Beat remaining ingredients in blender for about 15 seconds. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired.

lowcarbredhead, I love the "old" sausage balls with just Bisquick, cheese and sausage. Glad to hear your review. I did see a new version with some tweaks on the Bisquick web site. Sounded like good additions. I think it called for some milk, garlic powder and something else. Might want to check that out.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:30 PM

PATE A CHOUX (Chef Greg)

1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Water
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 cup Carbquik
4 Eggs
METHOD:
1. Combine the liquid, fat, salt, in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the Carbquik all at once. Over medium heat stir quickly for 1-2 minutes until the dough forms a ball and pulls from the sides of the pan.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on 1st speed until it has cooled slightly.
4. Switch to medium speed, and slowly add the eggs one by one.
5. Use the paste immediately, for maximum leavening.

GUILDLINES:

1. Adjust consistency by adding eggs.
2. Bake @ 425F for the first 10 minutes, then 375F for approx. 20 minutes, or at 400F degrees overall.

The paste is ready to use, when all the eggs are absorbed and the paste looks smooth.

The paste should hold its shape when piped.
Using a pastry bag fitted with a 14mm round tip, pipe rounds to the size of a quarter onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Do not use greased pans, they will cause the paste to spread and flatten.

Using a bit of water, flatten the tops with a wet finger.

Preheat oven to 425 F.
Put baking sheet into oven and reduce the temperature to 375 F.
Bake until dry, firm and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Leave on hot baking sheet in a warm area to cool. Product may collapse, if removed too soon or cooled too quickly

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:31 PM

Impossible Taco Pie (Brendajm)

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 envelope (1 1/4 ozs) taco seasoning mix
1 can (4 ozs) chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup Bisquick Original baking mix( use carbquik)
3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
1 med. tomato chopped up

Heat oven to 400 degrees.Grease glass pie plate, 10 x 1 1/2 inches. Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix (dry). Spread in pie plate; top with chilies. Stir milk, eggs and baking mix with wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped tomatoes. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:32 PM

Pumpkin impossible cheesecake pie (julieboolie)

2 pkg cream cheese-softened
2 eggs
1/2 cup half/half
1/2 cup SF Vanilla Davinci's
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Splenda (I ran out and used 6 packets to make up the rest - adjust to taste)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Carbquik

I softened the cream cheese in the microwave then blended it w/ a mixer. I added in the eggs, then the pumpkin and spices and mixed well. I then added the rest of the above ingredients and mixed well. I poured it into a greased pie plate and popped it into a 350 deg. oven. It's done. I tried a bite warm and it's yummy! I can't wait until it's cool and I can add whipped cream to it! YEAH!!

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:32 PM

4 Cheese Panini (ClikChik)

1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (1 ounce)
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 ounces)
4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise, or 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
8 arugula leaves

In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Spread the cheese on the bottoms of the ciabatta rolls, top with 2 arugula leaves and close the panini.

Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in the skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan. Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 minutes per side. Cut the panini in half and serve at once. 4 servings

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:34 PM

LOWER CARB IMPOSSIBLE APPLE PIE (eko42)

3 cups sliced peeled all-purpose apples (3 large)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 eggs

Streusel (see recipe below)

Heat oven to 325°. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Stir together apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; turn into pie plate. Stir remaining ingredients except Streusel until blended. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel. Bake 40 to 45 minutes (mine took 1 hour) or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. I served this warm with a scoop of low carb vanilla ice cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.

Streusel
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons firm butter

Stir together all ingredients until crumbly.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:34 PM

Impossible Lasagne Pie (Pami)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Carbquik Entree- Meat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound ground beef -- browned and drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese -- divided
(I used a packaged pizza cheese blend)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
(I used 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to replace both the oregano and basil)
6 ounces tomato paste
1 cup Carb Countdown 2%
2 eggs
2/3 cup Carbquik
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
(I used white pepper)

Preheat oven to 400F (I used a glass baking dish, so only heated oven to 375F).
Grease (I used olive oil spray) an 8-inch square pan; set aside.

Layer cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in prepared pan.

Mix cooked beef, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil and tomato paste; spoon evenly over top.

Beat milk, eggs, baking mix, salt and pepper until smooth; 15 seconds in blender on high- or 1 minute with hand beater.

Pour into pan. Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.

Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
(I sprinkled the cheese over during the last 10 minutes of baking-
I don't really like melty cheese on top of casseroles- just a personal
preference.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 430 Calories; 31g Fat (62.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 152mg Cholesterol; 1010mg Sodium.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:35 PM

Morning Glory Muffin Squares (CarolynF)

Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup Splenda
2 Tbs. firm butter

Muffins:
2 cups Carbquick
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
2 Tbs. splenda or other sweetener
2/3 cup CarbCountdown milk
2 Tbs. oil
1 egg

Heat oven to 375. In a small bowl mix the streusel ingredients, cutting in the butter, using fork until mixture it crumbly.

In a large bowl, stir 2 cups Carbquick, pumpkin pie spice, nuts,
carrots, raisins (optional), and sweetener. Stir in milk, oil, and egg. Pour into ungreased 8 inch square pan. Sprinkle with
streusel.

Bake 30 to 35 mintues or until toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm. Makes
9 servings.

My notes: I haven't made this..LOL..but I'm wondering if it needs
more sweetner in the muffin part. I might fill my measuring cup
up with 1/2 cup milk and then top it off with Davinci syrup to the
2/3 cup mark..

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:35 PM

Another Carbquik Pizza recipe (Criosa)

I took an old Bisquick pizza recipe and used some suggestions from Chefgreg's roll recipe to create a delicious hand held pizza. My kids love it!

1 1/2 tablespoons yeast (I buy it by the bag)
3/4 c. warm water
1 tsp. sugar (I hate using this stuff)
2 1/2 c. Carbquik
1/4 tsp baking soda

Soften yeast in water and sugar, let sit for a few minutes. Add the mix and baking soda. Knead 2 minutes (I have a kitchen aid). Roll into 2 12" circles (actually I made one huge 16" pizza), using a little carbquik to keep it from sticking to the pin. You could probably pat it out into the pan, but mine has holes on the bottom, so I couldn't do that. Put on a greased pizza pan, brush with olive oil. Add pizza sauce and toppings. I let it sit out for about an hour, and it didn't rise much, so I don't know if it is necessary. Bake in 425 degree oven about 15 minutes.

note: I really don't know if you have to add sugar and baking soda - they are not in my original recipe. I'm hoping its true that the yeast consumes the sugar. Chefgreg said to use 1.5 times the yeast, so that's why I add 1 1/2 Tbsp. of it. I didn't notice a strong yeast flavor.

The dough is very easy to work with and I think it might make good bread sticks too.

*This is very very good. The kids fought over the last piece. Of course they're always up to a good fight.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:36 PM

Focaccia (Italian Garlic-Cheese Bread) (Chef Greg)

1 package dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 2/3 to 3 cups Carbquik
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Fresh or dried rosemary leaves

Dissolve yeast in water. Let stand until bubbly. Stir in sugar, salt and olive oil. Add 2 cups Carbquik and beat until elastic. Stir in 2/3 cup more Carbquik. Knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Put into a greased bowl. Turn over to coat well. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Heat 1/4 cup oil. Add garlic and cook until soft and yellow. Set aside.

Punch dough down and knead briefly. Roll with a rolling pin and stretch to fit a greased 15 x 10-inch cookie sheet (with sides). Pierce dough with the end of a wooden spoon at 1-inch intervals. Drizzle garlic and oil all over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and rosemary. Let rise, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.

Alternate Toppings
Rosemary: Just before baking, dimple the top of the dough and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle on 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt and a sprinkling of fresh or dried rosemary leaves

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:37 PM

Tweeked BEEF ENCHILADA PIE (mmorris)

1 lb. ground beef
2 teaspoons chopped onion dried
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 oz. tomato sauce
2/3 c. broken up, Restaurant Style Edge Chips
4 ounce. shredded Cheddar cheese
4 ounce cream cheese
¾ cup cream mix with ¾ cup water
3 eggs
3/4 c. carbquik

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate 10 x 1 1/2 inch. Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic until brown; drain Stir in chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper and sauce.. In processor; Beat milk, water, eggs and baking mix until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater Spread ½ beef mixture In pan.. Layer edge chips, cheese, meat mixure. Pour bake mix over top. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.. Serve with chopped tomato, shredded lettuce and sour cream if desired. 4 large servings 400 Cal, 5.1 net Carb

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:38 PM

Carbquik Biscuits - recipe and tips (Chef Greg)

First let me suggest that you simply use a wooden spoon and gently bring the ingredients together. Once the dough is just together, not sticky or wet, it actually will appear a little shaggy, with your hands bring the dough together and place this on a work surface. Now what I like to do now is simply pat and form the dough into a rectangle about 3/4 of an inch thick. Once you have this together use a biscuit cutter to cut out the biscuits. For that really brown top at this point you can brush the tops with melted butter. Now here is another fun little trick. once you have the dough together, divide it into 4 or 5 equal size pieces, now here it gets a touch tricky. Roll each piece out as thin as possible while still keeping the dough together. Once each piece is rolled out, stack each on top of the other, using just a sprinkle of water between each layer. Proceed to cut out the same size biscuits, what this does is create a biscuit similar to those Grands flaky layered biscuits from the pop open can. I wish you the best of luck.

BTW, you said Bisquick I hope your using Carbquik...

Carbquik Biscuits

2 cups Carbquik
2 ounces Butter, cold
1 tablespoon double acting baking powder
1 pinch salt
½ cup Buttermilk +/- as needed

Preheat oven to 450° F.
Cut the cold butter into the Carbquik with either a pasty cutter or two knives, till the mixture resembles course meal.
Add baking powder a pinch of salt and blend well.
Add the buttermilk to the dry mix.
Mix till dough forms and comes together, but do not over work the dough.
Work the dough either by hand or with a rolling pin to ¾ inch thickness. Cut 2” biscuits with either a round biscuit cutter or a drinking glass dipped in Carbquik
Bake in hot oven 8-10 minutes till biscuits are golden brown.

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:39 PM

Impossibly Easy Cheesecake (susies1955)

Fast-forward to the rewarding flavor of homemade cheesecake baked the impossibly easy Bisquick® mix way.

3/4 cup milk ( I used Carb Countdown Milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup sugar ( I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of Trish's Zero Carb Syrup Base)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix (I used Carbquik of course)
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes and softened

2. Place milk, vanilla, eggs, sugar and the Bisquick(Carbquik) mix in blender. Cover and blend on high speed 15 seconds. Add cream cheese. Blend 2 minutes longer. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.

Topping: If desired, make topping and spread over top of completely cooled cheesecake. Stir together 1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar ( used scant 1/4 teaspoon of Trish's Zero Carb Syrup Bas) and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Serve with fruit. (no fruit added but could have)

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:40 PM

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (CarolynF)

Preheat oven to 350

1 cup Carbquik
3 ounces of softened cream cheese
1/2 Tbs. of butter
6 tsp. Splenda

Cut in the cream cheese and butter into the Carbquik and splenda until like coarse meal.

Then slowly add heavy cream..1 Tbs. at a time until you get
a nice soft..not too wet..dough.(sorry I didn't measure)..Maybe
about 3 Tbs...Mix gently until the dough forms a ball..

Then pat out dough into a 6 by 8 inch rectangle..on waxed paper.

1/3 cup sugar free raspberry jam or any flavor you like.

Down the middle of the dough..spread the jam so it forms an
inch wide stripe..Then fold the long side over the top of the
jam..Remove from waxed paper and place on a sprayed cookie
sheet..(I used Parchment paper to roll it out on and just placed
the parchment on the cookie sheet)..

Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown..About 10 minutes before it is done, you can add some slivered almonds
to the top..

Cool and slice into 6 or 8 finger-sized pieces..

bab_indy 09-30-2004 01:40 PM

Yummy Pancakes (CarolynF)

1/3 cup Carbquik
2 tsp. Splenda
2/3 tsp. baking powder
tiny pinch of salt..

Mix this in a bowl..until mixed well.

In a small bowl beat one egg, add 2 Tbs. milk, and 1 Tbs. melted
butter..then blend into dry ingredients. I folded in some blueberries, too. If it's too dry, then add a touch more milk or cream.

This makes 2-3 pancakes..I fried them in a little macadamia nut
oil..Very, very good..

bab_indy 09-30-2004 02:09 PM

Sausage and Oyster Stuffing (Chef Greg)
Serves 6-8

1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chicken stock or canned broth
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushroom
1/4 cup butter
8 day old Carbquik country style biscuits
1 pound sausage
2 large eggs
3 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup oysters, chopped

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Sauté chopped celery, chopped onion, and sliced mushrooms in butter in a saucepan. Add the chicken stock, biscuits, sausage, eggs, sage, salt, pepper, and chopped oysters. Stir together well. Spoon into a greased baking dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer, or until brown and crisp around the edge.