Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions > Recipe Forum Sticky Threads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 04:19 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ClikChik
Stats: 135/132/110
WOE: LC
Start Date: 9/2/2014
Quote:
Originally posted by HaleysNana
My carbquick comes tomorrow...I can hardly wait!!!!
Mine should be here today!! *doing the happy dance* (it also burns calories! )

I miss my paninis! Here's a recipe for one I really like:

4 Cheese Panini

1/2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (1 ounce)
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 ounces)
4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise, or 8 slices firm white sandwich bread
8 arugula leaves

In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Spread the cheese on the bottoms of the ciabatta rolls, top with 2 arugula leaves and close the panini.

Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in the skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan. Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 minutes per side. Cut the panini in half and serve at once. 4 servings

~~*Teresa*~~

Ever feel like your guardian angel went out for a smoke?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2004, 05:46 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MizLiz
Stats: 215/165/140
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: August 2003
Re: Print question

Quote:
Originally posted by dmjones4
How do you print a recipe that is in the middle of a thread without printing the entire thread?
Thanks
As Tom suggested, the best way is to highlight, copy and paste into a word processor (WordPerfect, Word, NotePad or WordPad all work just fine for this). Then you can print it. Nice thing about that is you can increase the font size if you like to make it easier to read. I do this all the time. Especially lately with all these wonderful Carbquik recipes.

HTH.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjack
I have a question about this product. I made gravy last night with my country fried steak, using Carbquick as the thickener. It thickened and tasted just like my regular gravy. My question is this...I thought the starch in flour was what made it a good thickening agent. If that is true, how does Carbquick thicken if it isn't "starchy"? I love Carbquick, but it scares me. It really does seem too good to be true.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:17 AM   #184
The Low Carb Chef

Gallery: Chefgreg
Quote:
I have a question about this product. I made gravy last night with my country fried steak, using CarbQuik as the thickener. It thickened and tasted just like my regular gravy. My question is this...I thought the starch in flour was what made it a good thickening agent. If that is true, how does CarbQuik thicken if it isn't "starchy"? I love Carbquik, but it scares me. It really does seem too good to be true.
cjack,

My My what a skeptic, I am glad you are. Let me say it this way, first you have nothing to fear, read all the other comments. 2. It has been lab tested and the results are accurate by not one but two labs. 3. Now I will add, in some degree your right about the "starch" in flour, however in as sly as a way as I can say this, that is the magic behind Carbquik for one, is the proprietary design that allows the ingredients to mimic starch. This has been the missing link now for the 10 years I have been involved in the R&D of Low Carb.
Now I hope you also used our breading formula using CarbQuik to bread that country fried steak....

God I love this product, it has finally vindicated many years of failures in the Low Carb "flour" arena.......

ChefGreg
Old 09-23-2004, 12:38 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Cap57
Stats: 155/150/135 (5'8")
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Sept. 2003
ChefGreg,
I also love the flavor of those recipes that I've used Carbquik in, and I think it is a terrific product. My concern is about the carb count of some of the desserts on the Carbquik site, specifically the Toll House cookies and brownies. Because the cookies call for regular chocolate chips, which have 216 carbs, there's no way the carb count could be 2g per cookie. And with 4 cups of Splenda in the brownies, thats 6g of carbs per brownie in Splenda alone! Now, we can modify the recipes to use liquid Splenda and sugar free chocolate chips, but for someone new to LC baking, I think the carb counts are misleading, and could seriously derail people's progress. Am I figuring this wrong? How did you arrive at your carb counts for the recipes?
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #186
Tom
Administrator

Gallery: Tom
You are able to highlight text and print only that text with a right-click Print? or do you mean you print the entire page?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:27 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KatEyez44
Stats: 145/130/120 - 5'2", 34 yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 1/3/12
I use Mozilla, and you can print only a selection if you want to. Just highlight what you want to print and go to the File-->Print menu option. This will bring up a dialog box. There is a box labeled "Print Range" in this dialog, and one of the choices is "Selection". If you choose that, it will print only what is selected. Also, note that the "Selection" option is only available if you actually have text highlighted. If you don't have anything highlighted, it is disabled.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:06 PM   #188
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
OMG!! Carbquik Chocolate Pudding

I just made this; it's still too hot to eat but I tasted a little bit already.
Just hot out of the pan, it's awesome!!
I also poured some in a pretty glass so I can take a picture when it's cool.
I know y'all probably wouldn't know if it was hot or cold when I took the picture,
but I want to squirt a dollop of whipped cream on it (for appearance, you know),
and I'm afraid the cream will melt if I don't wait until tomorrow.
So now, I have the little glass cooling in the fridge, and the rest of it cooling in the pan.
The containers I have that I use to take lunch to work are plastic and I don't want
melted plastic all over my countertop, so I will wait to fill these until later.
Meanwhile, here's the recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Carbquik Chocolate Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Carbquik Dessert

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup SugarSlim*
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup Carbquik
2 cups Carb Countdown 2%
1 cup cold water

Mix SugarSlim, cocoa and bake mix in a 3-quart saucepan.

Gradually stir in milk and water.

Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.

Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.

Spoon into serving dishes and cool, stirring occasionally, to prevent a "skin" from forming.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 81 Calories; 4g Fat (34.7% calories from fat);
7g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 184mg Sodium.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

*SugarSlim is a blend of erythritol, inulin, maltitol, lactitol, polydextrose,
acesulfame k and natural flavors. I also added a few drops of liquid Splenda,
and a squirt of liquid stevia. Next time I will reduce the amount of SugarSlim and
increase the liquid sweeteners, to see if it NEEDS the sugar alcohols.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Ok that pudding sounds yummy. Wonder how it would taste w/ splenda instead? I could do DaVinci's instead of the water. May have to give that a try.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #190
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: mom2twoboys
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/26/05
OK I read through all 12 pages! and I have a really silly question. I never cooked with biscuit before but I know it can be used for pancakes. I was wondering if it could be substituted for regular flour.
I have a few recipes from a pregnacy book ( I am 8 wks and trying to do maintenance) for french toast and pancakes made from flour and whole wheat flour.
Will the Carbquik work 1 for 1 in place of regular flour for everything?
Old 09-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #191

mom2twoboys-

Here's one more page for you to read!

The following is taken from the last paragraph on that page:
Quote:

I want to use Carbquik for other recipes such as dumplings, pie crust, cakes and other favorites.

In our test kitchen we have found Carbquik to perform to the most of the same standards associated with all purpose flour. Most recipes that call for all purpose flour can be created using Carbquik with attention being paid to adjusting the liquid amounts called for in most of these recipes. We recommend you experiment with your favorite recipes and soon you will be creating many of the recipes you have known over the years with ease and confidence. As with any baking mix, allowances for the liquid must be made, but again we have found these to be very minimal.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:05 PM   #192
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Second, Chef, can we make your rolls in our bread machine, and if so do we had the ingredients in order per the recipe?

Thanks so much!
Beeb
Old 09-23-2004, 10:20 PM   #193
The Low Carb Chef

Beeb,
Thank you, as for bread machines. I have to be honest with you, I know some people that have reported to have used bread machines for various bread style recipes, as for my personal knowledge, I have never used a bread machine. So I am of little help to you on this subject. Do like I do when not certain how something would go together, give it a try. What I can tell you is this, Carbquik does not have the amount of gluten in it to form a true bread structure as you would get using bread flour, so don't expect the bread you do make in a machine to develop like one with bread flour.

Chef Greg

PS: Again we are boarding up for hurricane number 3. Again I may be without power and access to the web after Sunday. Keep cooking and I will post when I am back to normal.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:58 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaweighless
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
You are able to highlight text and print only that text with a right-click Print? or do you mean you print the entire page?
Tom --- In Netscape -- What I do is highlight the text then go to file left click and then left click on print. Then the print screen comes up and I will left click on selection and then ok. It prints just the highlighted text and pictures everytime.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:47 AM   #195
The Low Carb Chef

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap57
ChefGreg,
I also love the flavor of those recipes that I've used Carbquik in, and I think it is a terrific product. My concern is about the carb count of some of the desserts on the Carbquik site, specifically the Toll House cookies and brownies. Because the cookies call for regular chocolate chips, which have 216 carbs, there's no way the carb count could be 2g per cookie. And with 4 cups of Splenda in the brownies, thats 6g of carbs per brownie in Splenda alone! Now, we can modify the recipes to use liquid Splenda and sugar free chocolate chips, but for someone new to LC baking, I think the carb counts are misleading, and could seriously derail people's progress. Am I figuring this wrong? How did you arrive at your carb counts for the recipes?
Cap57
You are so correct in pointing out the fact that I failed to mention in those recipes, that we suggest using Carb friendly products, such as liquid Splenda, un-sweet chocolate. BUT, because of the many sincere people such as yourself, I did make an error in these recipes. Mind you, this error has nothing to do with the values for Carbquik, but are within my software where I entered the values for Splenda, the weight, volume and nutrition per volume. As a result and thank you for bringing it to my attention, I have found the bug in my software and will be revising those recipes with the proper net carbs.

As I stated before, this is only restricted to those recipes I did using powdered Splenda. The data base I downloaded from sent me the liquid values. Thank you Thank you this will be corrected shortly.

Chef Greg
Old 09-24-2004, 06:23 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spatialbean
Amazing Stuff

Wow, Carbquik is just amazing stuff. Last night I used the blueberry muffin recipe as a base to make a berry/nut bread. It's so good!! You could never tell it was not made with regular stuff. The texture was perfect and it raised nicely, and it was nice and moist on the inside. I also used Whey Low as the sweetener, which is also great stuff.

Now I can't decide what to make next!

If anyone out there is still hesitant to try this because of taste, even with all the praise, don't worry one bit. I'm very sensitive to after tastes and off tasting things and I didn't have any of that with the Carbquik.

No, I don't work for Carbquik!

Claudia
Old 09-24-2004, 06:48 PM   #197
The Low Carb Chef

Claudia,

To fully appreciate Carbquik beyond baking, try some of the meal ideas. I know everyone misses sweets but seriously this is so versitile, you can do a lot more than just bake sweets. The breading formula is great, or my favorite is the monte cristo.
Here is one you can do.

CarbQuik Cheese and Vegetable Crepes
Servings: 12
The classic thin pancake is made extra-easy with CarbQuik. The veggie filling and cheese make these crepes perfect fare for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Use these same Crepes to make an Italian favorite Manicotti
1 cup CarbQuik
3/4 cup half and half
2 whole eggs
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Vegetable Filling

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
1 medium yellow squash, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup green onion, sliced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 medium ripe tomatoe, coarsely chopped
1 pinch salt

Lightly grease 6- or 7-inch non-stick skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Stir CarbQuik, half and half and eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk or fork until blended. Adjust liquid to make a smooth pourable batter.
For each crepe, pour 2 tablespoons batter into hot skillet; rotate skillet until batter covers bottom. Cook until golden brown. Gently loosen edge with spatula; turn and cook other side until golden brown. Stack crepes, placing waxed paper between, as you remove them from skillet. Keep crepes covered to prevent them from drying out.
Heat oven to 350┬░F. Make Vegetable Filling. Spoon filling onto crepes. Sprinkle half of the cheese over filling on crepes; roll up crepes. Place seam sides down in un-greased rectangular baking dish, 11x7x1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or cheese melts and hot.

Vegetable Filling

Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook zucchini, bell pepper, onions and garlic in oil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender; remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt. Cover and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.

Per Serving: 118 Calories; 8g Fat 6g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; Net carbs 5

Chef Greg
Old 09-24-2004, 08:37 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MizLiz
Stats: 215/165/140
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: August 2003
Just made the Carbquik Blueberry Muffin recipe ChefGreg posted several pages back. VERY, very good! I think the addition of 1/2 banana was a great idea as they are very moist. It does add about 1 carb per muffin, but I can live with that. I used 1/3 cup cream, 1/3 cup buttermilk.

Also made an Impossible BUttermilk Pie. The texture is a little odd, but the flavor is wonderful. I used some FiberFit liquid splenda for some of the sweetner. Wondering if this has something to do with the texture. Had similar result with the Brownie Pie. Will try again without the FiberFit. Anyone else tried using the FiberFit in anything?

Just received by *second* order of Carbquik today. I love this stuff. I've missed baking and while I am enjoying the finished product, it's been fun to cook this way again. Also have to agree with several posters...seems the scales are moving favorably while using the product.

BTW, I agree with Tom...Netscape 7 does not support the highlight and RIGHT click print option. Yes, you can do it from the File menu with a LEFT click, etc. I hadn't thought about printing in this manor, but appreciate the tip. Will give it a try. When I use a word processor to print from, I rarely save to hard drive. Simply close the file when done, don't save changes.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eko42
Stats: 184/170/125
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: July 9, 2013
I made this last night for non-lowcarbing company and it was delicious!

Lower carb Impossible Apple Pie....Included in the recipe are the low carb tweaks I made. I would call this dessert lower carb as it is still far from being low carb due to the apples. If anyone could run this through their Master Cook program for the nutritional information that would be great.

Erin---

LOWER CARB IMPOSSIBLE APPLE PIE

3 cups sliced peeled all-purpose apples (3 large)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/2 cup Splenda
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 eggs

Streusel (see recipe below)

Heat oven to 325┬░. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Stir together apples, cinnamon and nutmeg; turn into pie plate. Stir remaining ingredients except Streusel until blended. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel. Bake 40 to 45 minutes (mine took 1 hour) or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. I served this warm with a scoop of low carb vanilla ice cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.

Streusel
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tablespoon molasses
2 tablespoons firm butter

Stir together all ingredients until crumbly.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #200
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: mom2twoboys
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/26/05
Chef Greg - Here is a crazy question...Can you dredge your meat in it before you fry it? For something like this....
"""Heat the remaining oil and the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same large frying pan over medium-high heat. Dredge the beef rolls in flour to coat lightly. Add the beef rolls and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes.""""

I really never cooked before this WOL and now I am trying to convert regualr recipes that I never would have tried onto the LC WOL, well I just do not want to waste to much money on bad meals HAHAHA.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cjack
Mom...I can answer that question.... Yes. I dredge all my breaded, fried stuff in it now, and it is just like the old days.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #202
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: VAmomof2
Stats: 150/130/128-130
WOE: general lc and exercise
Start Date: Jan 2004
MizLiz - just wanted to let you know that I noticed an aftertaste with FiberFit in baking. Last night I made the hot fudge cake and used 1/2 splenda (liquid in the batter, granular on top) and 1/2 erythritol - no funky taste.

I highly recommend the hot fudge cake (it used CarbQuik too).
Old 09-25-2004, 04:01 PM   #203

As promised......

Old 09-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #204

It's very good, very rich, but a little on the thin side.
I might leave out the water next time and settle for
4 servings out of the recipe, just to see how thick THAT
would make it.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:42 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nashinga
?? for ChefGreg

Do you think the Carbquick will work for Indian Fry Bread? My family loves Fry Bread with stew and I know I would love some LEGAL fry bread.

I usually use self rising flour for my easiest recipe, but here's a recipe that maybe would help

Pan Navajo (Navajo Fry Bread)
Yield: 6-8 servings Total Frying Time:20-25 minutes
Temperature: Medium-High

2 cups flour Cornmeal or flour
4 teaspoons baking powder Shortening
2/3 cup warm water,
approximately

1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add warm water to flour mixture and work into a smooth and elastic
dough.
3. Divide dough into balls of desired size.* On a board ligthtly
dusted with cornmeal or flour, roll out each ball of dough into a
1/4-inch thick circle. Cut a hole in the center of each circle.
4. Heat 2 inches of shortening in a heavy pan at medium-high heat.
5. Fry the dough, one circle at a time, until golden on both sides,
turning once. Drain on absorbent towels.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Started 5/1/03
232/173.5/140 or less
Old 09-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nashinga
sorry, the ingredient kinda blurbbed together

2 C. Flour
4 tsp baking powder'
2/3 c warm water
cornmeal or flour
shortening

maybe that will clear it up
Old 09-26-2004, 12:59 PM   #207
The Low Carb Chef

I don't see any reason at all why you couldn't replace the flour or the cornmeal with Carbquik for this application. I might suggest you use half the amount on baking powder and see how it works out, as Carbquik contains a bit of levenening in it already.

Chef Greg
Old 09-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #208

Nashinga-

I would suggest that you make a small batch, like 1/4 of the recipe or so,
just to see if this would work.
That way, if it doesn't, you haven't wasted 2 whole cups of Carbquik.

You would end up with a couple pieces, which would be enough to taste,
and figure out how (or IF) to tweak it for next time.
If your whole family isn't lowcarbing, just make this the next time you make
regular frybread for THEM, and use the same oil to fry yours.

for 1/4 of your recipe, try:

1/2 cup Carbquik
1 teaspoon baking powder
about 3 Tablespoons of water
(I don't know how much salt, didn't see that in your original post)

Then mix and fry as you would your high-carb fry bread....

I would try this myself, but I don't know what fry bread is, so I wouldn't be
able to tell you if it came out right or not!
Old 09-26-2004, 03:06 PM   #209

OK, I have an "Impossible Lasagne Pie" in the oven now.
The recipe is below; my 'changes' are in [color=red]red[/color].

I also have a tip, not sure if anyone, or everyone, does this already or not:
I bought a 6.2 pound package of ground beef at Sam's the other day.
When I do that, I always come home and brown it up and drain it, and
when it's cool enough, I package it in the quart-size freezer bags.
In this case, I divided the meat evenly into 6 packages, so I have
approximately a pound of browned, drained ground beef in a package.
I then manipulate the contents around in the sealed bag until I have formed
a somewhat-flat package and freeze these on a cookie sheet.
When they are frozen solid, I stack them in the freezer.
It only takes a few minutes to defrost a package when I need it, and I don't
have to take the time to brown and drain a pound of ground beef the next
SIX times (in this case) that a recipe calls for it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Impossible Lasagne Pie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Carbquik Entree- Meat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound ground beef -- browned and drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese -- divided
[color=red](I used a packaged pizza cheese blend)[/color]
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
[color=red](I used 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning to replace both the oregano and basil)[/color]
6 ounces tomato paste
1 cup Carb Countdown 2%
2 eggs
2/3 cup Carbquik
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
[color=red](I used white pepper)[/color]

Preheat oven to 400F [color=red](I used a glass baking dish, so only heated oven to 375F)[/color].
Grease [color=red](I used olive oil spray)[/color] an 8-inch square pan; set aside.

Layer cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese in prepared pan.

Mix cooked beef, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil and tomato paste; spoon evenly over top.

Beat milk, eggs, baking mix, salt and pepper until smooth; 15 seconds in blender on high- or 1 minute with hand beater.

Pour into pan. Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.

Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
[color=red](I sprinkled the cheese over during the last 10 minutes of baking-
I don't really like melty cheese on top of casseroles- just a personal
preference.)[/color]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 430 Calories; 31g Fat (62.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 152mg Cholesterol; 1010mg Sodium.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Last edited by Pami; 09-26-2004 at 04:00 PM..
Old 09-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #210

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I found a mini-cookbook featuring Bisquick at the checkout at Wallie World..

This recipe looks fabulous..I made the struesel part lowcarb friendly.

Morning Glory Muffin Squares

Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup Carbquick
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup Splenda
2 Tbs. firm butter

Muffins:
2 cups Carbquick
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4-1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
2 Tbs. splenda or other sweetener
2/3 cup CarbCountdown milk
2 Tbs. oil
1 egg

Heat oven to 375. In a small bowl mix the streusel ingredients, cutting in the butter, using fork until mixture it crumbly.

In a large bowl, stir 2 cups Carbquick, pumpkin pie spice, nuts,
carrots, raisins (optional), and sweetener. Stir in milk, oil, and egg. Pour into ungreased 8 inch square pan. Sprinkle with
streusel.

Bake 30 to 35 mintues or until toothpick inserted in center comes
out clean. Cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm. Makes
9 servings.

My notes: I haven't made this..LOL..but I'm wondering if it needs
more sweetner in the muffin part. I might fill my measuring cup
up with 1/2 cup milk and then top it off with Davinci syrup to the
2/3 cup mark..

As soon as my Carbquick comes in, I'm trying this..Or Erin's
apple pie..