|07-16-2003, 05:57 PM||#1|
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
101 Burger Builders
This has been posted before, so this is for all the newbies....and maybe some oldies who missed it. Minus the bun of course and a few low carb adjustments....Mmmmm good.
101 Burger Builders
1. Pepperoni Pizza Burger: grilled burger covered with pepperoni, Mozzarella
cheese and pizza sauce.
2. Verde Burger: grilled ground beef mixed with seasoned garlic, topped with
piquant Italian Verde sauce made with parsley, onions and capers.
3. Classic Burger: hamburger with ketchup, mustard and pickles.
4. Greek Burger: topped with herbed Feta cheese, black olives and onions.
5. Hickory Burger: beef patty covered with cheddar cheese, bacon and hickory
6. Meat-o-Rama Pizza Burger: ground beef patty stuffed with Mozzarella
cheese, diced tomatoes and pizza sauce, and topped with pepperoni and bacon.
7. Caesar Burger: ground beef seasoned with garlic and black pepper, on a
crusty roll, accented with Caesar dressing, romaine lettuce and avocado
8. Brocco Burger: ground beef patty dressed with a blend of melted Cheddar
cheese and cooked broccoli.
9. Gyro Burger: hamburger topped with white onions, tomatoes and yogurt
10. Barbecue Burger: ground beef grilled with a tangy barbecue sauce and hot
11. Onion Burger: grilled ground beef seasoned with dried onion soup mix,
and blanketed with grilled and raw onions.
12. Bistro Burger: ground beef covered with caramelized onions, Brie cheese
and crisp bacon, served on a walnut bun.
13. Blue Moon Burger: grilled burger topped with Bleu cheese, sauteed
mushrooms, lettuce and tomato served on an onion bun.
14. Bao-Wow Burger: chili seasoned ground beef served on a Chinese Bao bun
with soy-ginger mayonnaise and Asian slaw on the side.
15. Cowboy Burger: grilled mushrooms, grilled onion, bacon and Monterey Jack
cheese on a flavorful beef patty.
16. Chicago Burger: grilled beef burger with sweet relish, chopped onion,
ketchup, mustard and hot peppers.
17. French Bistro Burger: hamburger adorned with walnuts, Gruyere cheese and
garlic mustard mayonnaise, on a French roll.
18. Sticky Burger: grilled burger spread with peanut butter, bacon and Jack
19. Five-Spice Burger: ground beef seasoned with Chinese five-spice,
grilled, and served with a soy-ginger sauce.
20. Olive Festival Pizza Burger: beef burger stuffed with mozzarella cheese
and pizza sauce covered with sliced black and green olives.
21. Shrimpy Burgers: mini grilled burgers decorated with cream cheese,
****************tail sauce and chopped shrimp.
22. Rowdy Reuben Burger: grilled beef patty smothered with melted Swiss
cheese, thousand island dressing and zesty coleslaw, served on marble rye.
23. Earth & Turf Burger: grilled ground beef, beneath a golden porcini
mushroom sauce with grilled zucchini squash and sweet red bell peppers.
24. Egg Burger: a lean ground beef patty paired with a fried or scrambled
25. Thai-Cobb Burger: grilled ground beef served with avocado, tomatoes and
bean sprouts, accented with a light peanut dressing.
26. Horseradish-Garlic Burger: topped with onions, garlic and horseradish.
27. Stroganoff Burger: ground beef patty dressed with sour cream, grilled
onions, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato, served on a fresh wheat bun.
28. Trattoria Burger: grilled beef burger layered with roasted red bell
peppers, pesto mayonnaise, and Mozzarella cheese, served on focaccia bread.
29. Peking Burger: mix ground beef with a dash of Peking marinade, and
grill. Serve topped with julienned mixed greens and an Asian flavored plum
vinaigrette. (Marinade: hoisin sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, Chinese
five-spice, salt and black pepper.)
30. Spicy Burger: jack cheese melted on a lean ground beef burger with
jalapeno peppers and onions.
31. Cordon Bleu Burger: ground beef patty beneath a layer of sliced ham,
Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard.
32. Burger Al Forno: ground beef seasoned with robust Italian seasonings,
fresh garlic, and rosemary, served with a golden Parmesan crust.
33. Garlic Burger: garlic powder mixed into ground beef, grilled, topped
with garlic cheese and a dollop of garlic mayonnaise.
34. Corny Burger: tangy corn relish atop a beef patty. (Red pepper, corn,
white vinegar, ground red pepper, salt and green onions.)
35. The Beefster: grilled hamburger patty topped with roast beef,
horseradish and Muenster cheese, served on an onion roll.
36. Milanese Burger: ground beef patty lightly coated with bread crumbs,
Parmesan cheese and oregano, pan fried till done. Accented with watercress
sprigs and vinaigrette.
37. Simple Cheeseburger: ground round burger layered with your choice of
38 Big Island Burger: hamburger stuffed with Mozzarella cheese, covered with
Canadian bacon and pineapple.
39. Taco Burger: topped with shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and black
40. Breakfast Omelette Burger: grilled ground beef patty piled high with
diced ham, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms and green peppers, served on a toasted
41. Walla Walla Burger: hamburger pan fried in sweet & sour chutney made
with sauteed white onions, raisins, mustard seed and Marsala wine. Served on
thick sliced Texas toast.
42. German Classic: grilled burger with aged Cheddar cheese and Dusseldorf
43. Blue Bayou Burger: topped with crumbled Bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato,
hot pepper mayonnaise, served on a sesame seed bun.
44. Chili Burger: Hearty beef burger hidden beneath your favorite homemade
chili and shredded cheese.
45. Kalamata Burger: chopped green & Greek Kalamata olives mixed with cream
cheese spread on a grilled hamburger.
46. Lucky Burger: grilled beef burger on sesame rye bread, layered with
hot-sweet mustard, prepared horseradish, sharp Cheddar, green apple slices,
red apple slices and sliced almonds.
47. Pinwheel Burger: different colored, quartered cheese slices arranged in
a pinwheel design melted atop a grilled burger.
48. Santa Fe Burger Asada: grilled ground beef brushed with chili puree,
placed on a torta bun with bean dip, guacamole and sour cream.
49. Anchovy Pizza Burger: anchovies, Mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce
stuffed into a grilled hamburger.
50. North Woods Burger: grilled ground beef stuffed with a wild mushroom
sauce featuring shiitake, chanterelle, oyster and hedgehog mushrooms.
Enhance with yellow and red bell peppers.
51. Cajun Burger: seasoned ground beef grilled with Cajun spices and spiced
up with Jalapeno cheese, chili mayonnaise and pico de gallo sauce.
52. Black Jack Burger: melted jack cheese over a Cajun blackened beef
burger, served on a sesame bun with Creole mayonnaise, onions and tomatoes.
53. Double Decker Pizza Burger: Cheddar cheese and pizza sauce between two
thin beef patties.
54. The Gouda Burger: sliced Gouda cheese and grilled zucchini atop a
55. Simple Twist Burger: lean ground beef patty served with a slice of
tomato and grated Asiago cheese on a hard roll.
56. Pineapple-Gruyere Burger: topped with grilled fresh pineapple and smoked
57. Tex-Mex Burger: grilled ground beef piled with guacamole, onions and
58. Cheesy Pizza Burger: lean burger covered with pizza sauce, Provolone,
sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses.
59. Provolone Ranger Burger: seasoned ground beef coated with Provolone
cheese, warm black olives and tomatoes, served on focaccia bread.
60. Gorgonzola Burger: hamburger stuffed with Gorgonzola cheese, grilled and
spread with sweet mustard.
61. Ginger-Island Burger: mix uncooked ground beef with soy sauce, ginger,
cilantro and sesame oil, then grill.
62. Texas Red Burger: grilled beef patty served open-faced and smothered
with chili, cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses and grilled onion.
63. Beany Burger: dried Cajun seasoning mixed with ground beef blanketed
64. Smoky Burger: beef burger topped with roasted balsamic onions, grilled
bacon and smoked cheese.
65. Dieters Burger: grilled lean ground beef patty with low-fat cottage
cheese and no bun.
66. Outback Burger: grilled burger topped with tender cactus, green salsa
and spicy pepper cheese.
67. Worcestershire Burger: hamburger covered with mushrooms sauteed in
68. Dilly Cheeseburger: grilled burger seasoned with fresh dill and adorned
with Provolone cheese, sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions.
69. Cheeseburger In Paradise: beef patty lightly dressed with melted Brick
cheese, pineapple slice and shredded coconut.
70. Ranch-Hand Burger: hamburger piled with pinto beans, bacon, chilies and
cheddar cheese on a potato roll.
71. Alpine Burger: lean ground beef smothered in sauteed
mushrooms and Swiss cheese.
72. Garden-Fresh Burger: ground beef mixed with onions, beets and potatoes,
accented with dilled sour cream.
73. West Indies Burger: ground beef mixed with cilantro, garlic, lime juice,
curry powder, cumin, allspice and hot sauce. Grill and accent with mango
74. Fajita Beef Burger: patty mixed with fajita seasoning, and wrapped with
guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and salsa, served in
a flour tortilla.
75. Bruschetta Burger: Italian seasoned ground beef with fresh tomato and
basil, served on toasted garlic French bread.
76. Sunshine Burger: aged Cheddar cheese, sprouts, scallions and avocado,
embellishing a lean beef burger, served on a whole wheat bread.
77. Beef LT: burger prepared BLT style - bacon, lettuce, tomato and
mayonnaise on grilled tomato bread.
78. Pesto Burger: cooked spinach, Mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce served
atop a grilled beef patty.
79. Flank Steak Chili Burger: ground flank steak seasoned with cumin and
cayenne pepper, heightened with black bean chili.
80. Mediterranean Burger: beef patty seasoned with Mediterranean spices (hot
paprika, garlic, cumin, oregano leaves, mint leaves), grilled and served
with gyro sauce in pita bread.
81. Pita Pizza Burger: ground beef patty grilled, covered with an herb
seasoned tomato sauce and melted Italian cheeses, served on a pita loaf.
82. Parisian Burger: topped with crumbled Bleu cheese, marinated red onions
and tomatoes served on a croissant.
83. Tough Texan Burger: ground beef seasoned with hot sauce and dried red
peppers, smothered with pepper cheese and barbecue sauce, served on thick
84. Aphrodisiac Burger: grilled beef patty lovingly stuffed with oysters and
dressed with steak sauce.
85. Bleu Cheese Burger: crumbled Bleu cheese and bacon
covering a grilled hamburger.
86. Veg-Head Burger: lean ground beef piled with cucumber slices, tomatoes,
sprouts, creamy dill dressing, served on sun-dried tomato bread.
87. Dragon Burger: grilled ground beef patty, Limburger cheese and raw onion
on an onion roll.
88. Crabby Burger: shredded crab salad with Swiss cheese atop a beef patty
served on a croissant.
89. Hawaiian Supreme: ground beef patty stuffed with crushed pineapple,
topped with a candied apple slice and sweet & sour sauce.
90. Tortilla Burger: beef mixed with onion, dried oregano and basil. Grilled
and wrapped with tomato, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, all in a soft
91. The Islander Burger: beef patty smothered with thousand island dressing,
with lettuce, tomato and pickle.
92. California Burger Chiffonade: chopped walnuts, garlic and black pepper
mixed into ground beef and grilled. Burger topped with guacamole, lettuce,
Brick cheese and red onion.
93. Potato Chip Burger: hamburger accented with your favorite potato chips,
ketchup and mustard.
94. Bagel Burger: lean ground beef patty served with tomato and onion on a
fresh bagel with flavored cream cheese.
95. Jalapeno Burger Topper: ground beef seasoned with diced jalapeno
peppers, a splash of hot pepper sauce, and grilled. Top with melted cheddar
and cream cheese.
96. Basic Burger: grilled ground round burger seasoned with salt and pepper.
97. Burger Au Poivre: grilled ground beef served with crumbled Bleu cheese,
coarse ground pepper, chopped parsley and mozzarella cheese on Vienna bread.
98. Scandinavian Burger: dill-seasoned ground beef patty covered in Gruyere
and Cheddar cheeses, lettuce, cucumber slices, red onion, and served on a
99. Billy Burger: grilled hamburger with ketchup only, no mustard, no
pickles, nor onions. Don't forget to cut it in half!
100. Brie Burger: herbed Brie, warmed and placed over granny smith apples
atop a lean ground beef burger with a hint of spicy mustard.
101. Chili Con Queso Burger: Beef burger smothered in melted jalapeno cheese
Simplify Your Life
Last edited by NorthernNisse; 07-16-2003 at 07:58 PM..
|07-16-2003, 07:51 PM||#4|
Come join us on the Game Board
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: retired now - I ski 40+ days annually and do marathons. 1st TIME GRANDMOTHER 6/18/07
Stats: GO UCLA - BEAT USC. ALWAYS STAY POSITIVE
What a great list. New ideas for cooking them so my husband doesn't hamburgers again. I can just say Oh no, this is a cowboy burger or Tex-Mex burger which is the one I want to try.
|07-17-2003, 01:12 PM||#10|
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Central Phoenix, AZ (USA)
WOE: Low Carb, Blood Type, BFFM
Start Date: Livin' la vida low carb since 2002
THANK YOU!!! I just forwarded this to all the low carbers in my office... yum!!!
|08-21-2003, 07:44 PM||#15|
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Where the moose and the grizzly bears play
Start Date: 1/16/03
Holy &$*@! I thought I'd print these out for when I was having a "not another burger!" moment -- this puppy is 6 pages long!?!
I can just hear Homer Simpson now..."mmmm....burgers...."
|08-21-2003, 09:20 PM||#16|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Jose, Ca
WOE: Moderate Carbs/Curves Exercise
Start Date: 5/17/03
Thank you so much. I can see some of these as toppings on chicken or fish or steak or lamb or or or or ..........
|08-21-2003, 09:48 PM||#18|
Major LCF Poster!
Join Date: Jun 2001
Stats: 228 /218.5/214/180
WOE: Atkins with a twist (moderate carbs 1600 cals max)
Start Date: 09/05/06
Wow, thanks for the burger info. This is so helpful. I get tired of eating protein style from In & Out. I make them here at home too, but doesn't take as good. Now I've got plenty variety.. Thanks again.
|10-06-2003, 06:33 AM||#24|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
I am so glad you posted this too! I have never seen it either!
I have been trying to think of new ways to fix hamburgers - all I could come up with was to add taco seasoning to the hamburger meat and then cook it and top it with cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce, sour cream, salsa and avocado. (same as taco salad but with a taco burger).
Anyhoo - these burger ideas will REALLY come in handy! The one with feta sounds good... I love feta cheese!
|10-07-2003, 10:08 AM||#26|
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
Join Date: Sep 2003
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 1/18/10
Printing this out for me now~!! What alot of great ideas!! I'm also going to print one out for a friend of mine who drives a semi-truck and practically lives on burgers!! Thank you so much!!
|11-21-2003, 01:04 PM||#29|
MAJOR LCF POSTER!
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Baltimore, Maryland 21225
WOE: Organic, Lowerish Carb, Gluten Free
Start Date: June 1 09
Stroganoff lower carbed
I did that but a little different and it turned out awesome.
I mixed 1T of liption onion soup mix into the gbeef. Cooked the pattries add the onion and sauted a little. The plopped on the swizz cheese. Instead of sour cream I used a little onion dip and it was awesome. For the DF I used white bread and sourcream and he loved it.
|11-22-2003, 03:08 PM||#30|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Burlington, Iowa
Thanks, I was the one who originally posted this last year (or was it earlier this year?).
I would like to remind you that you can always change beef to
chicken, turkey, venison, ostrich, antelope, elk, pork, etc.
I went off Atkins, because I hate the food (minority opinion, I know). But I am probably going to go back on it. I lost 17.5 and gained back 20. My own fault.