Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
WOE: LC
Start Date: November 2011
Anyone follow the hedonistic plan?

Just wondering if anyone here is following the hedonistic plan as outlined in PPLP. Are you still able to lose eating bread, honey, etc?? I'm having a lot of trouble sticking to strict low-carb with no bread, etc. I want to eventually get off it, but if I could still lose while eating low carb bread or tortillas that would be great.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShinyGoldSun
Stats: (270 highest) 233/233/145~5ft7in~
WOE: Protein Power, meat/fat/veggies/fruit
Start Date: 20July2012
Hi Muffin Maiden,

I wish I could say I have a long and wonderful experience with eating the 'hedonistic' approach to the Protein Power plan. I would LOVE it if it had worked for me!!

I now know that to be successful on this plan, I cannot have any grains or anything "sweet" tasting. Even some lower carb fruits will taste too sweet to me, and I find myself seeking out other sweet things, and I might wind up on a binge of total garbage junk food, UGH.

So, I just stay away from any of those "trigger" foods. It is so hard, and it will take time to get used to!

Do you like fruit and vegetables? This is where I get my carbs from. I went through the list of fruits and veggies and the quantities for my allowable limit, and highlighted all of the ones that I really enjoy. This way I can easily see that this plan isn't as restrictive as I keep thinking it is.

I don't think it's a bad thing for anyone to try the different approaches of Protein Power, you have to find out what works for YOU. Even if it means starting over a few times... Like me

Take care, and hang in there!

ShinyGoldSun
Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
I'm just going to throw this out there. Have you tried the LaTortilla Factory Smart & Delicious low carb whole wheat tortillas? They're 18 gr. carbs minus 12 gr fiber for a net of 6 carbs. They may/may not be a possibility for you to use as a wrap or something.