Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: adammirza
bloating problem

hi guys im new to forum and have a question.. ive been low carbing for a few weeks now eating mostly low sodium tuna and chicken as my main protein source and drinking alot of water.. it works for me ill see results in a few days right away.. the problem is i eat low carb all week and weekend comes and i end up eating anything (kinda my cheat weekend u can say) and ill end up going out one of the nites and drink alcohol ..then sunday comes around and i feal soooo bloated almost like a ballon and feal like crap.. the bloating wont go away for a few days after i started dieting again .. why is this arent u suspose to have a cheat day or should i be more strict and not enjoy my self.. its like a roller coster up and down up and down

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ShinyGoldSun
Stats: (270 highest) 233/233/145~5ft7in~
WOE: Protein Power, meat/fat/veggies/fruit
Start Date: 20July2012
Hey there,

I would avoid 'cheating' as much as possible!! I know that when I have eaten the suggest way (protein power) for a week or so, and then slip up , I feel the same way that you do! I think the body learns to digest the newer diet, gets used to it, and then REALLY retaliates when it comes to eating sugars and high starches!!

I know it's HARD to go from one way of eating to another. If you want to make the diet work, you have to learn what your body will and won't tolerate to get to the place where weight loss and better health will start to become a reality.

For me, and probably others, I have to think differently about what I truly "enjoy". What I REALLY enjoy is feeling good mentally and physically, and this way of eating is (gradually) helping me get there!

There are other plans that allow "cheat" days, and that may work for some people, but if your body is telling you "NO", I'd listen!

Take care, hope this helps

ShinyGoldSun
Old 07-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammirza View Post
hi guys im new to forum and have a question.. ive been low carbing for a few weeks now eating mostly low sodium tuna and chicken as my main protein source and drinking alot of water.. it works for me ill see results in a few days right away.. the problem is i eat low carb all week and weekend comes and i end up eating anything (kinda my cheat weekend u can say) and ill end up going out one of the nites and drink alcohol ..then sunday comes around and i feal soooo bloated almost like a ballon and feal like crap.. the bloating wont go away for a few days after i started dieting again .. why is this arent u suspose to have a cheat day or should i be more strict and not enjoy my self.. its like a roller coster up and down up and down
No, you are not supposed to have a cheat day. Not at all.
You can have "planned deviations" for special occasions, but that should be limited to less than a few times per year. But 1-2 days out of 7? No.

I would suggest going back and reading Protein Power again or DANDR and refocus for sometime. Then you can have a deviation if you so choose. Good luck.

Last edited by RDBhan; 07-07-2011 at 03:04 PM..