Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Protein Power (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/protein-power/)
-   -   6 Week Cure/PP/General Low-Carb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/protein-power/715188-6-week-cure-pp-general-low-carb.html)

Aediekins 03-26-2011 01:39 PM

6 Week Cure/PP/General Low-Carb

Please understand that this diet is not mean to be a long term solution- it is meant to clean up your liver, and re-balance your hormones to make future weight loss more effective. I don't think it was intended for major weight loss. Even the authors mention in the book that losing 8-10 lbs on this diet should get you where you want to be.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, I wouldn't recommend starting with this one. I think this is for moderate weight loss, and when you get towards the end of a major weight loss and want to tighten and tone-up your mid-section.

Me- I had done Atkins for years- lost the weight, kept it off. After another baby, and a family crisis I ballooned to 200lbs. I did WW to take off 30 lbs. Kept that off over last summer, but started slowly putting it back on over the holidays. I restricted my calories and got that holiday weight off, but stalled out for over month, even though I was working out like crazy and eating 1,000 calories a day. I was at 172 lbs and want to take off another 14-18.

I stumbled on the 6-week cure and it intrigued me. As someone who loves their wine (I even blog about it- LOL!) the fatty liver concept really got me. I decided to try the diet. It certainly couldn't be any worse than the miserable low-calorie diet I was on. I'm only in my early 30's (not quite middle-aged) but don't let the name fool you. I think this is something everyone should do once in a while to clean up your system. I did this diet more as a way to detox my system than to lose a lot of weight. But I lost the first week anyway! But the best part for me is I have zero cravings, and I only did one, 20-minute slowburn workout the whole week.

FIRST WEEK RESULTS-
6 lbs lost (4 in the first 3 days)
1 inch lost around waist
1/2 inch lost around hips

After the first 4 weeks of the plan are over they phase you into maintenance, which is just low-carbing. I have more weight to lose so I plan to go onto the regular protein power or maybe Atkins to take off the last 10-12 lbs. I plan on doing "The Cure" once or twice a year to keep my liver and hormones in good shape.

Anyone else tried/trying/want to try it?

Aediekins 03-29-2011 08:52 AM

Well nevermind, I guess. =)

porcupine73 03-29-2011 10:11 AM

It's a good plan and it looks like you got nice results! I read the book about a year ago. It got me to donate blood which I was happy about. I tried the program a little bit but the protein shakes I just couldn't do it for more than a couple days. I very much craved meat and fat after a couple days if I had two shakes a day and one meal.

I wouldn't worry about not having gotten a response in a few days to your original post. The Protein Power forum on here is very niche, and doesn't get a lot of traffic. It gets a few posts a month it looks like. Drs Eades plans are great and they had some very forward thinking especially in the Protein Power Lifeplan. But with hcg and other plans being so popular now they take up the bulk of this boards readership it seems.

Melodybinoc 03-31-2011 08:31 PM

Hi. :) This sounds good to me! Im 34 and ballooned up from a baby (he is 20 months now) and really need something simple to get me on the right track...simple so that what I am eating is automatic and can clean up my diet without too much rationalizing. I did WW and got down to 171 but when they changed the program it just isnt working for me anymore. I cant seem to stay under calories without my low point junkfood vices.

What kind of protein shakes are you using?

Melodybinoc 03-31-2011 08:34 PM

I ordered PP two nights ago...expecting it tomorrow (love me some Amazon!). I remember giving it a glance while I was pregnant and it made good sense to me. My body loves protein...just feels SO much better when I am getting enough.