Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luvs2lose
Stats: 174/171/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 28, 2009
Is it me or is this board REALLY slow??

I cant believe how little activity there is on this board. People post and dont get responses for days...sometimes not at all. Wow. The other boards are so active! Is it just that not many people do Protein Power? Hmmm.

Corinna

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trythrice
WOE: protein power
Hi, I just joined LCF. The PP site recommends LCF as a good recipe site. My DH has type 1 diabetes, thus carbs get counted at some level of compliance. I've gradually added about 10 lbs, & it IS coming off! I find PP the most 'here is the science behind it'. Glad to have someone to talk to. Carolyn
Old 03-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I think most ppl don't really come to this thread bc there isn't a lot of challenges and things. I have read PP but just today started it so I'm here today.

Deanne
Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lynnport
Protein Power has worked the best for me through the years. I've gained 20 pounds in 2 years just deviating a little. I started eating more refined carbs and was injured so I wasn't able to exercise.
I've been back on track for about a month and am down 7 pounds. PP works for me because it's not as rigid as Atkins.
I think the slow down on this site started when the Eades published their last book The Six Week Cure for Middle Aged People. In my opinion it was too gimmicky and was a turn off.
I'm sticking to the PP way of eating, because even if I don't lose all the weight I want to, I feel so much better.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
That's sad - there were ppl here at one point?

I'm going to make sure to check this thread every time I'm on LCF and respond to everyone.

I'm struggling to get the necessary protein per meal (mine is 34 grams). But I am noticing that I don't need snacks like I used do with just general LC. I really, really not being a slave to food like that.

I also love that it allows fruit. I know fruit is sugar but it comes with fibre bc nature doesn't make mistakes, LOL.

Deanne.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: franciejones
Stats: 241/215.6/150 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 12-26-2013 LAST START
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2lose View Post
I cant believe how little activity there is on this board. People post and dont get responses for days...sometimes not at all. Wow. The other boards are so active! Is it just that not many people do Protein Power? Hmmm.

Corinna
Yeah...well if you really browse the other boards...you will see that it is full of people who consistently go off plan and the discussions are OBSESSED with food. I find it a real turn off...I mean...if you talk and read about food all day on this board..how will you ever lose weight???? lol. You can PM me anytime. I like to lurk here but would love companions to check in with. My diet is similar to PP...but I figure all folks can support each other regardless, right?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melodybinoc
Stats: 186/182/155 5'5" with no shoes
WOE: Low Carbing Breastfeeder (40-60 carbs a day)
Start Date: 10/22/09
Thats SO true...I have been away (pregnant then nursing) but I remember that everyone was always either talking about how they just cheated or complaining about why they didnt lose anything. Im ok with quiet and simple. *waves* hi, Im Melody
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: motsy
I have tried Atkins and PP and like both- have been having trouble sticking with either, at this point. I think PP has much less publicity.