Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RGRgoddess
Stats: 245/224.8/165
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: Restart 07/25/2011
My name is Michelle and I'm a carb~o~holic

^^ Yup I am but I have truly hit my all time highest Weight, I'm a SHAM 38 y/o mother of 5.... 3 are still home, I'm starting PP on Dec 26th I ordered the book and the 30 day low crab diet book as well.... I'm not procrastinating I'm preparing for the low carb lifestyle
Anyways Hello and I will be lurking and reading other post

Michelle

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Welcome, Michelle! You'll find lots of great information on this site. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RGRgoddess
Stats: 245/224.8/165
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: Restart 07/25/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1973 View Post
Welcome, Michelle! You'll find lots of great information on this site. Good luck!
Thanks Christine, funny your starting weight is the same as mine and we are around the same age and same height, I see you hit one~der land Congrats
Let me ask was it REALLY hard at first???
Old 12-08-2010, 04:40 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
Hi Michelle!

I have to tell you......it was not hard for me. But I honestly hit rock bottom and would have done anything to get out.

Also, I have the kind of life that permits me to spend time planning, cooking, thinking, exercising, etc. That makes it much easier for me. (I detail that in on one of my journal entries; link in my signature.)

The first few days are difficult for most, however. You're adjusting to a whole new nutritional approach --- for the long term. Your body has to adjust, your mind has to adjust, your emotions have to adjust, your life has to adjust. My best advice is that you plan in advance the best way you can, develop strategies for difficult situations, identify potential "triggers" for you (I treat this like addiction, quite honestly!), and deal with one day, meal, or moment at a time.....whatever you can manage.

And read these boards as much as you can. It's so helpful to find tips and recipes, but even moreso, it's helpful to know that you are not alone. Others are struggling, others have succeeded, and you can succeed to.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Hi Michelle!

Your sig says Atkins? Did you start Protein Power or Atkins? If so, how is it going?

I'm reading PP right now. I haven't decided on a plan yet. I'm finding lots of good information just reading the books. I've read Fat Flush and Atkins for Life. I liked the Atkins plan but didn't like the whole induction thing so I'm leaning towards PP (I also like the protein punch idea bc I've done that in the past bc I love my fruit and feel better w/a fruit smoothie in the morning!)

Deanne