Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: magpie63
WOE: Protein Power!
Start Date: 5/31/10
No weight loss after 3 weeks... getting discouraged!

This is my first experience with HP/LC eating. I've been following the 30-day Protein Power plan since June 1, but writing down everything I eat and counting protein and carb grahams, with a minimum of 105 protein and max of 40 carbs. I'm sometimes a little low on protein, but usually at least 85-90. I've been eating very few carbs -- usually around 20-30. Most of my carbs come from berries or LC tortillas. I do a total of 3 1/2 hours of dance class every week and take a lot of walks, so I get a fair amount of exercise (need to get more). I have felt great on this WOE -- less acid reflux, none of the afternoon headaches I was getting, lots of energy. And it feels good just to be in control of what I'm eating. But the scale is not moving! Any tips?!?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fenella
Stats: 223/217/145
WOE: PP (and things I learned on other plans)
Start Date: Starting yet AGAIN 06/14/2010
How much water are you drinking? Also, some people don't tolerate grains like LC tortillas (though, you'd probably see some movement). Are you keeping the carbs at each meal under 10? If you post a few daily menus, we may be able to spot some possible issues.
BTW, I love the recipes in the 30 day book, but highly recommend the original PP or the PP Lifeplan books so you can truly understand the science behind why it works.
In the meantime, be happy that you are feeling better (easier said than done, I know), and it is possible you are building muscle, thus no scale movement. Did you take before measurements that you can compare to? If not, do you notice any difference in how your clothes are fitting?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
I sure wouldn't spend my carbs on strawberries and tortillas! I'd be doing the original Protein Power (not 30 day) and eating lots of green beans, mushrooms, lettuce salads, spinach, etc. LC tortillas and adding fuit right away (even berries) won't allow for a fast weight loss in most people.

Pick up a copy of the original PP and also a copy of Atkins and read before you re start.

Pam
Old 07-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MortNuke
Stats: 5"10" 213/190/190;
WOE: Clean Eating / P90X
Start Date: 2009
Pam is right on from a LC perspective: Eliminate the berries and add in salad mix. What are you drinking? Keep up the exercise, but do you need to raise the intensity? The exercise should challenge you...

Mort
Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ds76
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie63 View Post
But the scale is not moving! Any tips?!?
I'm with ya.. I just posted over in another topic about adding more cardio to my routine because I can tell I'm making gains in muscle (probably not your goal, but it is mine) but I'm not shedding the belly fat that I'd like. Like everyone else the first thing I spot is the fruit. If you're looking to get into ketosis (even mild) the fruit is going to stall that quickly. My diet has 5 rules:

Rule 1: Avoid "white" carbohydrates (or anything that can be or once was white).
Rule 2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
Rule 3: Don't drink calories.
Rule 4: Don't eat fruit.
Rule 5: Take one day off per week and go nuts.

That's it in a nutshell... I think making a minor change like that (depending on just how much fruit you're actually eating) might show you some faster results. You'll want to remove whatever you can from your diet that converts to glucose.. if you take away those fuel sources your body will produce ketones much faster and you will start burning fat for fuel more readily.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DarleenMB
Stats: 62yo, 5' 9.5'; 210/181.0/145
WOE: hcg then on to Protein Power
Start Date: April 24 2009
I know this is an old thread but with the recent response I thought I'd add in my 2 cents.

Do the Atkins fat fast.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
Yeah, this is an old thread! But since it is resurrected....

I would agree with the poster who said to get the original PP book and follow it ~ cleanly. LC tortillas slow me down, but after about a month, i will occasionally eat a couple of strawberries.