Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
Still working it out

Off to swim today and get my hair done.

Once a year, outside of the home, I have pancakes for my birthday. Because my husband actually works on my birthday, we are going to breakfast this morning. I have done this for about 10 years now.lol..its a tradition. I always get right back to plan also. It works for me!

Keep on truckin'!
Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed those pancakes!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Thanks you Homestretch!

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday. We are doing our 5K Thursday morning and I have been at it with racewalking and swimming. Just livin' the life!

Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks you Homestretch!

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday. We are doing our 5K Thursday morning and I have been at it with racewalking and swimming. Just livin' the life!

How exciting! Good luck with the 5k!!!! I am doing shakes until Thursday because I want to enjoy Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to turkey, ham and maybe a small slice of pumpkin pie.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #64

That sounds reasonable Homestretch.

I think my splurge will be a yam, with butter. lol..otherwise, I am an old hand at Thanksgiving. I will enjoy the turkey my husband is smoking for us. The rest of the stuff just doesn't tickle my fancy. I am looking forward to the 5K to start our day.

Did I tell you we are going out to dinner the following night as a date night, belated birthday dinner? Its at a steak house, cost too much and they serve 150 choices of wine! lol..so I better behave Thanksgiving or come Saturday, I will have to redo 6 weeks! hahahah

I was thinking however of really challening myself come Saturday to Christmas to tweak things dwon. I don't know what yet. That would give me about 30 days to fine tune.

Wanna do something together? Misery loves company! hahaha
We can start a new challenge?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That sounds reasonable Homestretch.

I think my splurge will be a yam, with butter. lol..otherwise, I am an old hand at Thanksgiving. I will enjoy the turkey my husband is smoking for us. The rest of the stuff just doesn't tickle my fancy. I am looking forward to the 5K to start our day.

Did I tell you we are going out to dinner the following night as a date night, belated birthday dinner? Its at a steak house, cost too much and they serve 150 choices of wine! lol..so I better behave Thanksgiving or come Saturday, I will have to redo 6 weeks! hahahah

I was thinking however of really challening myself come Saturday to Christmas to tweak things dwon. I don't know what yet. That would give me about 30 days to fine tune.

Wanna do something together? Misery loves company! hahaha
We can start a new challenge?
Absolutely! I really want to eat very clean until Xmas. I am determined to lose or maintain and not gain weight at Xmas. The week between Xmas and New Years is my BAD time.

The dinner sounds fantastic! I hope you enjoy every overpriced morsel!

Our Thanksgiving meal is out of control! We will have every side dish known to man. My family has Thanksgiving with my sisters and their families and whoever else wants to come. This year my niece's in laws are coming. My sisters and I are all good old fashioned German cooks and this is the one time a year that we really go all out. We make all the traditional things that we have eaten since we were children. I don't go crazy with my eating but I do eat a little of whatever I want. Friday I will be right back on track though.

What kind of challenge do you want to have? I am open to suggestions if you want to message me.

"Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them." ~ W. Clement Stone

BELIEVE IN THE POWER WITHIN YOURSELF!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #66

Homestretch,
how are you? Just waiting for fil to drive us to steakhouse. How was your Thanksgiving? I barely ate. A bit of turkey, broccoli and half a yam. lol..I was stressing a bit..family drama was in full swing. Long story..lol - glad it is over.

I did bring home the turkey carcass and will make stock tomorrow for winter soup. Plus hubby is making home made beef jerky and some ribs. Its a meat weekend! lol

Here is a small group shot of some of us girls...I am at the very end cracking up. I have my sun glasses in my hand, long hair.

Anyway! Thats whats up here

Ready to fine tune starting tomorrow.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #67
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost

What a great picture Stevie Renee! What was the occasion?

I MISS my protein shakes...
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Stevie you look so good!!!!!

Deb, I miss mine too but still have shake days. It feels good to have the discipline of the shakes.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post

What a great picture Stevie Renee! What was the occasion?

I MISS my protein shakes...
Hi babe..Thanksgiving at mom's.

The shakes are yummy. I think I am going to try your recipe with the pumpkin in ice cube trays.

I am happy to say the inch loss is still in tact! But wouldn't I just love to lose more inches in those stubborn love handles. hehehehe
Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post
Stevie you look so good!!!!!

Deb, I miss mine too but still have shake days. It feels good to have the discipline of the shakes.
Awww..thanks. I still have some fat girls. Dont let me post naked pix.hehehhehe

I used to be a lot thinner..especially in my face. Oh well. lol
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #71
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
I'm curious about how/if are you guys incorporating the 6 week cure into your menus now? Is it just here & there or do you have a set plan? I recall some suggestions of rotating shake weeks and meat weeks, others to cycle them every other day, etc. If you're doing some version of that now how have your results been compared to by-the-book 6 week cure?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
I am back at lowcarb/protein power eating. Every other day I have a shake/soup day. I lost inches on the 6 week time, but after I came back to the lowcarb I stayed stuck for 2 months, now am starting to lose a little again. Learned a lot, not sure whether I will try the 6week thing after Jan, as I planned or just stick with what I am doing since it seems to be working some. I am avoiding all the vegetable fats and sugar-starch carbs as 6wk cure discussed, so think I will keep off the inches I did lose.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #73

I just bought some cream - the shakes do not fill me otherwise - to add into my foods this week. Saturday is going to be a planned off day.

I still enjoy the shakes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Ditto on the shakes, with 1tbsp of cream, same for the soup. I am really staying away from the vegetable fats, I think if I do eat out I am going to ask them what kind of oil they use in their cooking.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Ditto on the shakes, with 1tbsp of cream, same for the soup. I am really staying away from the vegetable fats, I think if I do eat out I am going to ask them what kind of oil they use in their cooking.
Sounds good. I am staying far away from veggie oils. Canola and sunflower especially. I just cannot get into olive oil either.lol

Happy New Year nitenurse!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #76

Day two of shakes and one meal. It really helps remind me what true hunger is.
Going for it today again.

Loooove the pumpkin vanilla.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: majomor
WOL after the 6WC

Hi, I finished 6WC 2 weeks after Canadian Thanksgiving(oct 10th or 12th approx), and I have been holding onto my loss by trial and error.

1st--I have a shake every morning for breakfast, this includes

1tbls golden roasted flax seed (trial and error, my fav type of flax)
1tsp BCCA
1 raw whole lrg egg
about 4tbls water (or diet cranberry....for color)
2 tbls coconut milk
1tsp xylitol or erythritol (for my teeth enamel) or drops of stevia
(if I am not having a big lunch or on the run - i add a scoop of whey protein chocolate to keep me full)

Then all my daily vitamins with this shake.
I find this the easiest breakfast that keeps me satiated.

I try to keep my lunches and dinners to 400 calories each and the 20-30grams carbs per day.

Funny thing was, after this liver cleanse, I just cannot stand the taste of wine and single malt scotches I used to love.
I drink alot of water and tea and decaf coffee.

I always have dessert , but low carb and small portions , similar to the ones in 6WC book (my bible).
I still follow many of the recipes and menus for lunch and dinner in that book as they are quite Gourmet tasting....and my family has learnt to love many of the recipes.

I still do not eat junk food, and I am very very careful with cheese (Dr eades warned about this) and cold cuts (very bad for my high blood pressure...another story!)

The good news is that my Doctor has told me that I probably can go off my BP pills as I have got my Pressure to drop so significantly by the drastic lowering consumption of alcohol and salt (cold cuts).
The fact that I am scared so much of the bad sleeping I had at night with alcohol that i do not want to have that feeling again!

I love chocolate, so I do not have it at night (at lunch for dessert...the caffeine...never was a big coffee drinker...due to fibrocystic desease years ago).
I bake low carb bread for treats, like burgers and a toast treat from low carb friends recipes(kevins), and I make my chocolate desserts from low carb friends also using the recommended healthy sugars (Laurens healthy indulgences).

I have to be strong as it is tempting at parties and lunches, as there is alot of peer pressure.
I just take along my diet drinks to parties, and always cook the dishes I like for Pot Lucks so I can have something to eat.

In large groups going out for Pizza, I always request a seperate bill and order a protein dinner/lunch, and/or my salad with dressing on the side, or I request plain Balsamic vinegar.

For treats, I order the dreamfields pasta (thats all I feed to my family, so I do not have to cook 2 meals per), and I make alot of Lindas - low carb friends recipes for dressings, seasoning , soup.

I think for me that the most important thing is the balancing of the carbs and the keeping of control of calories per day.

Hope that helps anyone.....it is a tough thing in this world at a mature age to keep that muffin top role down, with the added reward of feeling good everyday without the awful feeling of Insulin highs!