Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Protein Power
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #31
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Renee View Post
I am starting the 6 week cure Sunday to try and reach a new milestone before Thanksgiving.

Good luck!

If I could afford the protein powder I'd do the shake weeks again. I really enjoy them.

I'm still taking the supplements except for the DAG & leucine. Really should use the leucine.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Good luck!

If I could afford the protein powder I'd do the shake weeks again. I really enjoy them.

I'm still taking the supplements except for the DAG & leucine. Really should use the leucine.
I love the shakes. Now I am doing them every two or three days. Love the simplicity and how it keeps me motivated.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #33

Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Aww...so cute Deb!

So another successful Halloween under our belt! I had a house full of family and friends. Did not eat any candy! Very happy

Hope you all had fun!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aww...so cute Deb!

So another successful Halloween under our belt! I had a house full of family and friends. Did not eat any candy! Very happy

Hope you all had fun!

I had a good Halloween. No candy binges here!

Today I am having a shake day woooohooo!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #36

Awesome Homestretch!
Feels good to be in control. I saw your anny post in the ML. Way to go!

I decided not to do the 6 week but just incorporate the shakes here and there andkeep cabrs, calories under control for 22 days (my birthday). I do very well with consistancy. Plus no wine, no eating out. Just straight and narrow!

Off to walk..I am in a challenge so I need to up the anty. Tonight I go to swim class.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awesome Homestretch!
Feels good to be in control. I saw your anny post in the ML. Way to go!

I decided not to do the 6 week but just incorporate the shakes here and there andkeep cabrs, calories under control for 22 days (my birthday). I do very well with consistancy. Plus no wine, no eating out. Just straight and narrow!

Off to walk..I am in a challenge so I need to up the anty. Tonight I go to swim class.

I am doing kind of the same thing. I am doing shake days here and there and using the shakes on some of my other days.

The only negative comment I have is that I am sick with a cold for the second time in the last few weeks. Since starting low carb I never get sick. It has me wondering about how this is effecting my immune system. Who knows?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
I have been scale-stuck since the 6 week-and it is finally starting to crawl down again, just 1# but I am pretty easy to make happy! Using the shakes 1-2 times a day, back on JUDDD-writing everything down!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
I have been scale-stuck since the 6 week-and it is finally starting to crawl down again, just 1# but I am pretty easy to make happy! Using the shakes 1-2 times a day, back on JUDDD-writing everything down!!
One pound is sometimes hard won and worth celebrating!

I am doing shakes today because I have no appetite. I am making sure I get my multivitamin in too.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #40

I lose on .5 - lol....slow.

How is everyone? I am on day 4 of clean eats. Really watching calories and carbs.
My hubby is going to wanna drink Friday but I am not doing it. My next glass of wine is going to be for my birthday. I enjoy it but it does me no good to get tomy goals.

So today I walked 3 miles and even got on the ever-so-boring stationary bike. The seat hurts my tush but I dragged on for a slowwww 15 minutes! haha - Maybe I will be able to stand more with the days a head.

Homestrech,
my son has had a cold for 10 days and I had a sore throat...felt yucky. Today is better. Hope you feelbetter soon.

Today I am eating eggs, chicken, veggies...stuff like that. Maybe tonight I will make my pumpkin shake.

I have yet to weigh! I know, I know. But really, I hate that thing.

Nitenurse,
1 pound is very good. Hang in there.

Deb,
hi
Old 11-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

*Stevie* I got on the scale the other day and was the same as last time I weighed but it was during TOM so I really have no clue where I am. I have not exercised in a week so that is not good. Lets keep our eye on the goal!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FlyNavyWife
Stats: Current: 133 lbs / Goal: 120 lbs
WOE: Primal
Hey there. I'm back over on the 6wc thread, not exactly doing it the "right" way... more using it as an inspiration for a disciplined 2 weeks while my husband is away for work.

Just thought I'd pop in here and say hi and cheer y'all on. Hope everyone is doing well and still seeing improvements post-6wc. Sounds like the shakes turned out to be a favorite for a few people.

Also, can someone please explain the SAT / VAT (what do those stand for and what does it mean?) thing and this whole measuring-lying-down thing? Thanks in advance!
Also, what does JUDDD stand for? I think the uddd part is up day down day but what's the J for?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #43

Sounds like you're all hanging in there and even beating the challenges as they come.

I'm still shrinking. I took measurements over the weekend and all were down varying from .5 to 1 inch.

I miss the shakes. Darn those Jay Robb shakes are just too expensive though. I would be happy if I could have one per day.

Homestretch, sometimes a break is good. Start up again and you might see a good whooosh. I just took a week off from exercise after coming home from my trip. I'm starting up again this week. My feet finally recovered.

Stevie Renee, stick to your guns on the alcohol. I am doing the same. I enjoy it but I'd rather be losing fat than briefly enjoying a drink. I haven't had any alcohol since before I did the cure.

Nitenurse, isn't it nice sometimes to be easily pleased?

FlyNavyWife, do you have the book? It explains better than I can about SAT/VAT. Dr. Eades was supposed to get a video up on how to measure it but not sure he ever did. They have to do with abdominal fat distribution.

VAT = visceral adipose tissue
SAT = subcutaneous adipose tissue

The measurement is actually two. Personally, I think these are hard to get correct and really unnecessary. You're just wanting the numbers to decrease & you can see they are by taking regular measurements.

Lying Sagittal Abdominal Diameter is done on the floor with two yardsticks. One is horizontal at your naval, the other vertical & you want the number on the yardstick where they meet.

Standing Sagittal Abdominal Diameter is the same measure but from a standing position against the wall.

JUDDD = Johnson Up Day Down Day
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 11-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Wow that all sounds really complicated for no reason. Why not just measure your waist / waist at bellybutton / hips / thighs / whatever? The normal way with a measuring tape.
I dunno, if I wanted a more complicated measurement I'd want to get my body fat percentage calculated by a professional, but those other measurements sound useless... maybe I'm missing an important detail though. heh.

No I don't have the book and since I am not REALLY doing 6wc I really don't plan to buy/read it. heh.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #45

Flynavy,
I think they have you do that measure thingy for a specif reason to understand what type of fat one may have.

How is everyone today? TGIF? Justgetting ready to hit the pavement for my walking. I feel so much better today. Yesterday I was feeling that sore throat trying to resurface. Gotta give it up for Nyquil.lol

We are on a count down to Thanksgiving and birthday so I am trying to be super good.

I decided to not focus on the scale somuch as focusing on a clean diet to flatten the belly more. I noticed doing the shakes, I got that effect. Anyway, just pluggin along here!

I want November to be a winner!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

TGIF doesn't apply to me right now. haha. I didn't work Tuesday-Thursday but will be working tonight and tomorrow. haha.

I'm down another pound this morning (doing shakes + a low-carb meal) so yay! I hope the trend continues while my husband is away. Woo hoo.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All
Still here and still trying to get over the cold/flu thing. I am beginning to wonder if it was H1N1. I was wiped out for 2 solid days and still do not feel myself. I have continued to eat clean. I did have a splurge today and ate a banana with natural peanut butter. I was feeling dizzy this morning and felt it couldn't hurt to get in a few carbs.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 192 pounds
Sorry you've been sick. I am new to this board and doing the 6WC (over on your original 6WC thread). I tried to send you a message over on your profile page, but don't think I did it right. Since that time though, I have dropped 3 pounds finally and I think I have this figured out. FlyNavyWife helped me out with the fat/protein percentages.

My 12-year-old granddaughter had H1N1. Her biggest complaint was that her knees hurt and her elbows hurt. She didn't really have that much cold symtpoms but she ran a high fever, and It took her a couple of weeks to get over it.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #49

Flynavywife,
when does your husband return? Is he serving? Is that a dumb question..lol? Way to go on the pound.

Homestretch!
Noooo! Poor baby!But I bet that banana and pnb tasted amazing.lol..oneof my fav's!

Lovemygrands,
Thats a sweet screen name.
What ratios did you figure out that helped with those 3 pounds? Share! hahaah

Last night was steak, shrimp, mushroom night. I slept like crud. sigh

Today I am doing the shakes and 1 meal. Just in the mood for it.

Wont be long before Thanksgiving is here. I am not going off plan that day but I am going off plan the next day! lol..date night, birthday celebration.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hehe yes he is a naval aviator. Right now he's gone to a survival school for two weeks. He'll be back probably Saturday. He could return Friday but he'll probably need a good night of sleep before driving back.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNavyWife View Post
Hehe yes he is a naval aviator. Right now he's gone to a survival school for two weeks. He'll be back probably Saturday. He could return Friday but he'll probably need a good night of sleep before driving back.
Awesome
I wonder what that two weeks was like!

Day two back to clean eats.

My day looks like this:
2 or 3 shakes - vanilla pumpkin
1 meal: eating out for lunch with my mom. Not sure what.

Exercise: 3 miles racewalking.

How is everyone this Sunday? I was up and out of the house at 5:30 to take the hubby to his friends boat. They are fishing for rock cod today
Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygrands View Post
Sorry you've been sick. I am new to this board and doing the 6WC (over on your original 6WC thread). I tried to send you a message over on your profile page, but don't think I did it right. Since that time though, I have dropped 3 pounds finally and I think I have this figured out. FlyNavyWife helped me out with the fat/protein percentages.

My 12-year-old granddaughter had H1N1. Her biggest complaint was that her knees hurt and her elbows hurt. She didn't really have that much cold symtpoms but she ran a high fever, and It took her a couple of weeks to get over it.
Great job dropping 3 pounds!!!!

My daughter was in the ER until 2 am and she has H1N1. I am sure now that I probably had that last week. We have many of the same symptoms. My daughter is 10 and has asthma so she was struggling to breathe last night. She is on Tamiflu and steroids. I still do not feel great but I am into my normal routine again.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovemygrands
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restarted 5-5-14 at 192 pounds
Hope you feel better

Feel better soon, take care of yourself. This flu is really bad in Arkansas. Not enough vaccine and only giving vaccine to pregnant women and children 1 thru 4. I thought mine was H1N1, but it was pneumonia.

I went back up one pound this morning, but still down two since starting the 6WC. Loving these shakes -- I wonder how healthy it would be to do 4 shakes a day for a while? Since I've been adding the egg, they really stop my hunger.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #54

Oh no Homestretch, your poor baby! Thats terrible news. I pray for her speedy recovery!

Lovemygrans,
the scale can get crazy..so I hope you mesured your body parts

I measured today with the help of my husband. I am holding all my losses. I am still super stoked to see my hips at 36...now if only they will dwindle down a few more inches I would fit better into my jeans.lol

I am doing awesome as far as watching protein portions. I can easily over do it! Can't we all?! lol
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! We are recovering in my household. Hopefully the rest of the family will stay healthy.

Still on plan. I have not done the shakes much since being sick. It was easier to stomach eggs and meat. I have not exercised in 10 days!!!!! I am giving my body another day to recover and then hopefully I can go outside and walk.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #56

Homestretch,
thats is great news. Hope its an upward trend of good health.

All is well here. Watching my eats and moving the body. I am on my 5th day of lap swimming today plus my regualr walking routine. I feel healthy.

So I wanted to be at a certain weight by the 22nd however, I am not getting that scale number at all. But I look at it like this..I am not gaining and I can wear a solid size 8 on average. I am living a healthy life and for that greatful to God for all my blessings.

I wanted more but thats all about the vanity. I am hoping to get over that idea.

Todays eats are funky. Bacon, cottage cheese, pork with Laughing cow spread on it. Maybe a glass of merlot tonight but not much. I have to get up super early for an event.

Hope everyone is in good spirits and doing what needs to be done
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Stevie
You are doing great! I too am a solid size 8 and that is nothing to sneeze. You have a great attitude.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:48 AM   #58

Thanks Homestretch!
Have fun this weekend. Concert tonight?

I am doing shakes today. My husband made some type of ground turkey, white bean concoction and I feel like I am all carbed up. I dont like that feeling. But it sure was tastey! Onions, tomato, spices, ground turkey and beans.

I am doing a longer stint in the pool and will power walk for 30 minutes.

Food:
coffee with no creamer today! UGH! - I gotta do it.
Shake
Shake
Shake
Meal

Wish me luck...I need to balance out yesterday.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Still going! It has been a crazy week.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #60

Still working it out

Off to swim today and get my hair done.

Once a year, outside of the home, I have pancakes for my birthday. Because my husband actually works on my birthday, we are going to breakfast this morning. I have done this for about 10 years now.lol..its a tradition. I always get right back to plan also. It works for me!

Keep on truckin'!