Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Did Santa bring you something good for the kitchen? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=891029)

Charski 01-02-2018 02:33 PM

Did Santa bring you something good for the kitchen?

I got the two newest volumes, 6 and 7, of Jen Eloff's Low Carbing Among Friends cookbooks! :jumpjoy: They're great, just like the ones that preceded them. Love that there are recipes by George Stella, Peggy Hardaway, and other low-carb cooking geniuses, all in the same books.

I also got a new house with a BIG pantry and a lovely island for prepping said recipes, amongst others, LOL!

So what did Santa bring to YOU? Anything fun for your low-carb kitchen?

dizneegirl 01-02-2018 04:45 PM

Sadly, nothing for me, but I'm thrilled to read about your new expanded kitchen!!

I did find the coolest gadget for my grandmother, though... a glass microwave popcorn popper. You can pop with or without oil and/or butter. Tried it out, and it worked like a charm! If only I needed one... :laugh:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Charski 01-02-2018 09:21 PM

Oh nice, Diz! I've seen something similar but never tried one myself and yup, I am so NOT eating popcorn! :)

dizneegirl 01-03-2018 09:37 AM

Sorry 'bout that big pic! If I do give in to the popcorn thing, I use one of the old stovetop poppers (probably an antique by now) that has the paddle you spin with a handle on top of the lid. Soooo yummy. DH, who never really liked popcorn, will ask for it sometimes. :)

I *did* buy myself a brand-new reprint of the 1963 Betty Crocker Cooky Book (since Santa didn't bring it from my list ;) ), though, come to think of it.

CarolynF 01-04-2018 06:20 PM

I have an on the stove popcorn pooper. That micro looks perfect for small amounts.

jeaniem 01-05-2018 06:57 AM

We moved into our new home on Dec 22 and there are a ton of things I do not like and the to-do list is a mile long, but it's saving grace is I love the kitchen! Tons of storage and counter space:)

sbwertz 01-05-2018 04:10 PM

I got a new cooktop and range hood! We built our house in 1964 and it still had the original COPPERTONE cooktop, hood and wall oven. I replaced the wall oven about three years ago, and now I have a new cooktop and range hood. Installer is coming next week.

Gibbs 01-06-2018 10:32 AM

Only if I shoot my own dinner with it :hyst:

Charski 01-06-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 17698659)
Only if I shoot my own dinner with it :hyst:

LOL! Oooo, what did you get?

Gibbs 01-06-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 17698691)
LOL! Oooo, what did you get?

A pink and purple camouflage 9mm. :)

Charski 01-06-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 17698726)
A pink and purple camouflage 9mm. :)

:clap:

S & W? Colt? who makes it?

Gibbs 01-07-2018 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 63244

Baricat 01-07-2018 04:10 PM

Now that is darned purty! I have an SCCY, too. But mine's ugly black.

Charski 01-07-2018 05:24 PM

I never even HEARD of SCCY - will have to look them up!

I am drooling over a S & W Governor. Now that I no longer live in CA I can actually get one - gonna go try one out first though!

SlowSure 01-07-2018 05:47 PM

No - but is it wrong that I'm pining for a KitchenAid Vegetable Sheeter? After extensive browsing, they're currently available in Target for roughly half of what one would cost me in the UK :( (Target will ship to the UK but at present they only offer this in their stores and the postage + taxes would be eye-watering.)

And, I'm pretty sure that, like the Spiralizer, KA will at some point bring out an up-grade model with more blade options and thicknesses than the 2 the present gadget has. I still want one tho' :o

susieqrn 01-08-2018 04:35 PM

I got a brand new Kitchenaid stand mixer in a lovely orange color to go with my accent color for my brand new kitchen.
I too expanded my island and love it!

ChelePA 01-08-2018 06:00 PM

Air fryer. Can't wait to make wings.

PaminKY 01-09-2018 07:48 AM

I finally caved and ordered me an Instant Pot. Does anybody have any good recipes?

Although I really need to clear out some of the things I had to have in the past that I really don't use or didn't like. Need to say bye to the Soda Stream and the Cuisinart Ice-100.

Vilya 01-09-2018 08:35 AM

I got an Instant Pot, finally!! I'm madly in love with it already. It turns out perfect hard boiled eggs so quickly, amongst other things. I'm having fun with it. :)

Izzysdream 01-09-2018 08:37 AM

Instapot. I made cornish hen soup/stew for my first try.

Dottie 01-09-2018 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forget Santa, I got myself this:

Baricat 01-09-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaminKY (Post 17699784)
I finally caved and ordered me an Instant Pot. Does anybody have any good recipes?

Although I really need to clear out some of the things I had to have in the past that I really don't use or didn't like. Need to say bye to the Soda Stream and the Cuisinart Ice-100.

Pan, take a look at my Swedish meatball recipe, where I include directions for the Instant Pot. It's incredibly easy and yummy.

You don't use your ICE-100????? I honestly don't know what I would do without it for making awesome low carb ice cream! I keep the freezer stocked with at least 5 different flavors at any given time. I think if I ever got rid of mine, my husband would divorce me. It's how at hooked him on LC, and the combination of LC ice cream and LC pizza keeps him on this WOE.

No argument, however, on the Soda Stream. Not a fan.

sbwertz 01-10-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaminKY (Post 17699784)

Makes the best hard boiled eggs ever! Peel perfectly every time.

sbwertz 01-10-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 17698908)

I don't know about you, Chris, but I'd have to be pretty danged close to shoot my dinner with my 9mm Taurus. Anything much over twenty yards it's iffy if I can keep it in a twelve inch circle.

PaminKY 01-10-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baricat (Post 17700086)
Pan, take a look at my Swedish meatball recipe, where I include directions for the Instant Pot. It's incredibly easy and yummy.

You don't use your ICE-100????? I honestly don't know what I would do without it for making awesome low carb ice cream! I keep the freezer stocked with at least 5 different flavors at any given time. I think if I ever got rid of mine, my husband would divorce me. It's how at hooked him on LC, and the combination of LC ice cream and LC pizza keeps him on this WOE.

No argument, however, on the Soda Stream. Not a fan.

Thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious.

I prefer my Cuisinart Ice-30 2 quart ice cream maker. I found that the recipe I use just didn't freeze very well in the Ice-100. The Ice-30 does use the inserts you have to put in the freezer but I bought a couple extras but it just does a better job plus the 2 quart size solved my problem of the ice cream lofting up and out of the 1.5 qt insert.

Charski 01-10-2018 01:33 PM

Pam, here is a thread with recipes, and there are others as well - I LOVE mine, if I did nothing but make hard-cooked eggs and beans (not together, LOL) in it, it would be worth it for sure! But it's good for SO many things. I hope you enjoy yours!

http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showth...ght=instantpot

Nigel 01-10-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 17700036)
Forget Santa, I got myself this:

Dottie, That looks cool. What is it called?

Dottie 01-11-2018 10:51 AM

It's a "Ninja - Precision Processor™ 4-Cup Food Processor with Spiralizer "
It's got the spiralizer attachment with 2 blades (slice and spiralize I think, I've only used the spiralizer part lol); and the food processor has the sharp blade and a dull paddle that you can use for eggs or things that need to be mixed but not chopped.
I used that blade for the fathead dough and it did a great job.

It has no handles anywhere, so it can be tricky if your hands are wet. That's about the only think I don't care for.

Nigel 01-11-2018 12:56 PM

Thanks Dottie.
I have other Ninja's but I hadn't seen this one yet. I like it. Enjoy your new toy!

brr9270 01-12-2018 03:55 AM

I got a sous vide which I have yet to use, but am excited to try it. I also got new cast iron pans.