Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   JUDD makes you weird! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=768999)

Yam-Yam 04-24-2012 11:21 AM

JUDD makes you weird!

Here's the deal. Yesterday was a DD and I had tons of energy, went to the gym, cleaned my house and I was unstoppable.

I made DH a wonderful, healthy spaghetti dinner. (BTW he reported being down 22 pounds this morning!!! After a huge serving of spaghetti w/ meat sauce for a late dinner! MEN!!!):stars:

I fasted yesterday. Just was not even hungry at all. Not tempted by the spaghetti.

However, I woke up thinking about it this morning. So, guess what? I made oat bran pancakes for DH for breakfast. What did I have??? A cup of the whole wheat spaghetti noodles and 3/4 cup of the tomato based spaghetti sauce! For breakfast!!!

Seriously, I have NEVER had spaghetti for breakfast! :hyst: I popped it in the microwave and thought nothing of gobbling it down. That's what my body wanted.

Am I weird??? Anyone else notice eating things you don't usually eat at odd times???:dunno:

vilanteira 04-24-2012 11:41 AM

Yes absolutely, and even more so with JUDDD now. I'd never be able to eat breakfast foods anymore if I stuck to traditional meal-specific foods for each meal since I don't eat before 1pm anymore. I start eating at 1pm on UDs and 7pm on DDs, and if I feel like having breakfast then, I'll call it breakfast and eat it whenever I want. :laugh:

I've noticed with JUDDD, I really don't put much in my mouth anymore unless it's exactly what I want at that time, since I have to mind the calories! So it could be breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert foods, and I don't care what time it is or what meal it is, if I want it and it fits into my calorie limits, I'll have it then!

sterlinggirl 04-24-2012 11:45 AM

Oh but surley i do! I cook for my DH on my down days with no problem however,, i do find that i will most of the time eat that left over for breakfast the next day, my weirest yet was the fried cabbage i make him for dinner,, its just plain wierd to eat that 6 am for breakfast,, and i didnt even warm it up.. :hyst:

b_lou_who 04-24-2012 11:52 AM

I love leftovers for breakfast and lunch, love typical breakfast foods for dinner - always have.
And absolutely, if there is something I wanted from a dd denial I will totally have that early on the next up day. if I remember, which is unusual. my mind is like a sieve.

nickicaps 04-24-2012 11:58 AM

I'm just weird and silly in general, but JUDDD has only increased my weirdness slightly by my use of a calorie counter, which I whipped out at a client lunch today. ha

Yay for morning pasta! very Italian of you, my dear...

gotsomeold 04-24-2012 01:50 PM

I am another vote for preferring lunch/dinner foods for breakfast and breakfast feasts for dinner.

I have never been much of a breakfast eater. But when I do/did I loved having a chicken salad sandwich.

Jbinme 04-24-2012 02:04 PM

Yep! I made dh roasted broccoli to take with his lunch today and I ate half the pan for breakfast! One of my favorites. :yummy:

Becky 04-24-2012 03:19 PM

I've been eating oatmeal for every meal lately! There are tons of yummy foods in the house and what do I want...oatmeal...!

piratejenny 04-24-2012 03:44 PM

I'm Mexican-American, grew up in Costa Rica and Puerto Rico and I was always fed rice & beans, tortillas, tacos, tamales etc for breakfast! :)

Sweet breads are part of Latin culture but eaten for "café"---a snack between meals.

Since I eat so much less often on JUDDD, I frequently have to eat odd things for breakfast so my leftovers don't go bad!!!

Joyjoy 04-24-2012 05:14 PM

Yeah, the leftover thing is an issue. I'm only on day 6 or something, but the fridge looks as though we're expecting a lot of guests. Filled with quantities of stuff I keep buying out of habit even though I'm not eating it. Holy mother of god, how much was I eating before???
Kristin :heart:

BaileysGirl 04-24-2012 05:30 PM

I am normally one who would want only breakfast type foods for breakfast. However, I think I could do spaghetti for breakfast! Sounds really good! LOL I have also def had leftover pizza for breakfast/brunch as well but not many other non brekki items.