Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   First DD - question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=776964)

hikergurl 07-02-2012 09:52 AM

First DD - question

Ok, so yesterday was my first DD and I did great. I was going to try to fast the whole day, but ended up having a few small things. My calorie count for the day was 289.

This morning, I'm down 2.8 from my UD yesterday, but still up 1.8 from my my low post-HCG weight. My goal is obviously to stay at or below that number.

I'm tempted to eat light today on my UD but know from reading here that I need to eat up my UD calories.

*keeping the faith*

KeirasMom 07-02-2012 09:55 AM

Are you questioning whether or not to eat up to your UD calories? It seems you already answered that.

YES! You need to eat, or this plan will not work. I know it's tempting when we see a low number to not eat much on our UDs, but it honestly will not work and is not sustainable unless you get that nice, generous swing of calories between the UD and DD.

Congratulations on a successful first DD. :clap:

Sheridan 07-02-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15769698)
Are you questioning whether or not to eat up to your UD calories? It seems you already answered that.

YES! You need to eat, or this plan will not work. I know it's tempting when we see a low number to not eat much on our UDs, but it honestly will not work and is not sustainable unless you get that nice, generous swing of calories between the UD and DD.

Congratulations on a successful first DD. :clap:

:goodpost:

And another congrats for your first successful DD! :high5:

sterlinggirl 07-02-2012 10:23 AM

EAT EAT EAT..:heart: :hugs: Great job on the DD~

Yam-Yam 07-02-2012 10:24 AM

Yay! Glad your first DD went well!! And how nice to see that first drop!:clap::up:

zipp2play 07-02-2012 10:33 AM

If you don't follow with an up day, then all you are doing is eating VLCalorie, instead of JUDDD. Enjoy the wonderful benefits of JUDDD!

Mommie22boys 07-02-2012 10:55 AM

I think Pat (SoHappy) has explained it so well on other threads...

She explains that JUDDD works (in part or in whole, I'm not 100% sure) by improving our metabolism. In order to do that, we need to alternate our DDs with our UDs. The bigger the spread between the two numbers, the better. She says to picture our metabolism as pounding up and down between your DD and UD numbers...the more it pounds, the better it works.

Now, I'm not explaining it nearly as well as she does, but the main point is to have a nice fluctuation back and forth. So we have to train ourselves to fight the urge to restrict after we see a loss. We don't eat low-cal, we calorie-CYCLE.

Yay for managing your first DD!! :clap:

sunday 07-02-2012 11:12 AM

Yes, Andrea, this is exactly right! :goodpost:

If I remember your 1st UD, you did add a few carbs, so just know that you are going to have some big bounces. It is all good though. :up: The ball is going down the stairs. :D

Muffabuff 07-02-2012 02:09 PM

You did so great on your DD:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Now it's time to EAT!