Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/index.php)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   JUDDD and remembering how to cook "normal" foods lol (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=758132)

Dottie 02-16-2012 05:23 AM

JUDDD and remembering how to cook "normal" foods lol
There have been so many dishes I haven't made in years! (that I can now:)).
DH mentioned that he would love to have King Ranch Chicken and my mind immediately jumped to "how can I low-carb that". But I don't have to!

northernlady 02-16-2012 05:39 AM

Dottie - you expressed my feelings perfectly!

Was an Atkins, low carber for many years and did well until some of the franken-foods started to affect me in awful ways. :stars:

Stopped eating completely low carb, but kept some of the principles in mind and adapted them to my everyday family cooking. Still do.

What is great for me going from low-carb to regular foods to eating JUDDD style is those low carb, whole food principles can help me eat, cook and nourish my family (one of whom is an underweight 4 year old who was a micro-preemie).

Bottom line is I think this is the best method for me to lose weight and not struggle with "how do I make this low carb."

Enjoy! :jumpjoy:

adillenal 02-16-2012 05:58 AM

YES!!! King ranch chicken sounds good right now. I remember making that years ago. YUM.

sophiethecat 02-16-2012 06:46 AM

:jumpjoy: Yesss!! I still :jumpjoy: when I think of how I can make my real pizza crusts or coat my fried chicken with flour, and all the other traditional ways to make foods. I can just go by a recipe, don't have to try to make a LC version that might not turn out right or taste good.

mattsmama 02-16-2012 07:12 AM

Yes, yes, yes!! I love:heart: this post, Dottie!! I have an entire collection of Southern Living cookbooks, and various other vintage beauties picked up along the way.
I have missed them so, and I can finally break them open again, and start eating REAL FOOD!!

ENJOY YOUR KING RANCH CHICKEN!!:heart::heart::yummy::heart::heart:

pjsam1156 02-16-2012 07:55 AM

One of the biggest reasons I'm so in love w/JUDDD:love:
I was CONSTANTLY worried about making dinner because there were so few choices when LCing. I was seriously depressed about making dinner. My husband is still LCing, but I'm cooking NORMAL:)
After 30 yrs of marriage, I was like, "I'm sorry honey, but unless you'd like to start making the meals, I will be cooking all sorts of things." He never said a word (knows better):hyst:
I think he LCs the rest of the day, and then eats what I've made for dinner.

Beeb 02-16-2012 08:46 AM

YES!!! I had fried chicken and biscuits last night and they were "real"!! No LC breading on the chicken or LC ingredients for the biscuit!! I'm at the point that I don't even think "LC" anymore. I still eat lower carbs but they don't dictate my meal plans anymore!!

Gotta LOVE JUDDD!! :love: