Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2003, 09:23 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PamMJ
Thank you Dr. Atkins, you have changed my life as you have done for so many who come here.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2003, 09:36 PM   #242
Cat-Trick

Gallery: Cat-Trick
My condolences to the family

I was so sorry to hear about Dr. Atkins' passing. He literally saved my life. I was so depressed and getting fatter every day. When I read his book, I grabbed at the lifeline it offered, and was indeed saved.

It sounds like a religious conversion, but it wasn't. It was release from a prison of fat.

Thank you for the support you, as his family, gave him to achieve his goals, especially before he started to finally convince people.

Old 04-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #243
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: meme0
WOE: Trying WW again!
Start Date: restart 01/03/08
Will miss you, my hero!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:34 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirl
Stats: 184/173/140
WOE: Atkins
Dr. Atkins is Inspiring

I, too, am saddened by the death of Dr. Atkins. My wish is that other doctors have the courage to do the research that he did, and go against the establishment.

Like so many others have said, it's wonderful that he lived long enough to see his work finally being validated in the media and even in the medical community. He didn't need their validation, he had proof in the millions of lives he improved.

So many people have a new lease on life because of him. I have such tremendous respect for Dr. Atkins. He stood up for what he believed in for many years, and we're all the better for it. He gave his readers an arsenal of information to begin their own journey to better health. His knowledge and his courage were indeed his power.

Rest in peace Dr. Atkins. You were loved, and always will be.

mogirl
Old 04-19-2003, 12:41 AM   #245
ariesgirl

Gallery: ariesgirl
So Sad

My condolances go to the friends and family of Dr. Atkins. I hope that he realised just how many people that he helped on to the right track for their health and well-being. Without the Dr. Atkins way of life, I don't know where I would be now.

Rest in Peace.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:10 AM   #246

Gallery:
My thoughts are with Dr Atkins friends and family. And thanks you Dr Atkins for changing my life.

Old 04-19-2003, 05:19 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: slimdays
Stats: 286/246.4/236
WOE: Way of life:Weight Watchers Momentum plan wi: Tues
Start Date: Lifetime since 1973/ 1-22-2008
Thank you Dr A

Thank you Dr A for your years of perserverance and tenacity on our behalf. You stuck to what you believed against all the criticism levied against you.

I was all wrapped up in the low fat lie for a long time and believed the lies about you too.

I am so glad that you lived long enuf to see the medical and scientific community begin to change thier minds and actually give you the praise you deserved. I am sure there will be much more in the future.

All of us who are living this way of life are memorials to you. Now I have even more motivation to succeed so I can give you all the credit you deserve.

I know your knowledge and research will live on in the people you have trained and for that I am grateful too.

God Bless your family now and may you rest in peace.

I also have another blog at blogspot:
http://carol-prazr.blogspot.com/

Do you want to eat what you want or wear what you want?

Hoping to make 50 lbs lost by Fourth of July
Old 04-19-2003, 09:14 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Schrot
What a loss. My condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Atkins.

I just want to say, Dr. Atkins truly changed my life for the better.
I was 200 pounds (in March of 2000) when I learned of his program. After losing 40 pounds AND then having a baby (foloowed by resuming low carb eating I am now at 163 on my way to 130!

I have a plan and know I will eventually get to my goal ...
I have hope and am so happy. What a gift.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:37 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hxxx
Stats: 175/153/ 133
Start Date: May 17 2002
This is really sad for all of us. I hope that one day his work is truly accepted by the medical community, and it is a true shame that he wont be there to see it happen.

I am truly greatful to have found Dr Atkins WOE and feel honoured to be part of his "revolution".

Hxxx
Old 04-19-2003, 02:26 PM   #250
Losin-it

Gallery: Losin-it
In Memory

My thoughts and prayers go out to Veronica Atkins, on the loss of her husband. He has been a great inspiration to me, not only to lose weight, but to GET HEALTHY.
May he not only be remembered, but finally given the credit he deserves for all the years of research he has offered us in an easy-to-read book.

Old 04-19-2003, 03:31 PM   #251
zachsmom522

Gallery: zachsmom522
Thanks! Rest In Peace! My sympathy to your family!
Chris

Old 04-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gwen135
My heart goes out to Dr. Atkins' family and to us, his low-carb family. Like many people here, I thought I was doomed to have the same body & health problems as my mother - frumpy-overweight and horrible chronic gastro-intestinal distress. Thanks to Dr. Atkins and this wonderful WOE, that is not my fate. Surely Dr. Atkins is in heaven, lecturing the angels on the evils of carbohydrates!
Old 04-19-2003, 08:20 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maria Lisa
Stats: 2nd time around 200/199/150
Dr. Atkins has been such a positive influence in my life. It does feel like we have lost a family member. Thank you Dr. Atkins for being part of our lives.

Maria Lisa
Old 04-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: anthony
WOE: Atkins Forever
Start Date: November 1999
Old 04-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #255
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: robin martinez
Stats: 238/216.8/150
I , too, was devastated to hear of Dr. Atkins' fall, brain injury, and passing. Thankyou SO MUCH to the Atkins' family for sharing such a remarkable man with us. I am so pleased to know that medical schools are performing studies on low carb food plans. That way the medical community will finally value Dr. Atkins' hard work and contributions to medicine and nutrition. I know that his legacies will live on to affect countless generations.Respectfully-
Robin and family
Old 04-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #256
jadeK

Gallery: jadeK
A great man, to a great many of people

We send our condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Atkins.

He has changed the lives of many, my husband and I included , we send out our thanks for his having given guidence to help make us fitter and healthier. I myself had given up hope of losing weight... I had piled on the pounds as I reached 41.... feeling old beyond my years, wondering how and why my energy was so little and my aches and pains seeming to grow. Then we noticed the news articles on Television and on the internet last October (2002) that reported about the positive studies done on The Atkins Diet! We purchased tapes and book and we were enthused! We saw ourselves described and started induction on December 2nd 2002. We feel so greatful to Dr. Atkins for perservearing so many years against the norm of the medical community. We Are greatful that he was able to at least see the beginning of the wave of change of acceptance to his lowcarb lifestlye promotion in the medical community. But we are saddened that he will not be able to truely enjoy the many accolades that are truely due to him. He has left us a great legacey...........one of health, one of living a better life! Thankyou So much Dr. Atkins! We will miss you and keep you in our hearts! Katherine (45 pounds gone!) and Nicholas (62 pounds gone!)

Live low carb, love to be healthy, and still losing

Old 04-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susume
Stats: 140/135/120 69yr.old 4'9"
Start Date: Well I just keep starting over.
Dr. Atkins, you were a gift to us who have found your way of eating and we thank you for this. We will miss you and never forget you and your joy over your plan to bring health to the world. At your untimaly death you were probably only half ways through all you were planing to bring forth to the medical community on all the deaseases that eating the right way would help ore prevent. My sympathy to your wife Veronica and your family. Sue
Old 04-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Seal
Easter Dinner Conversation

"Seal, When will you go back to eating carbs? "
I eat carbs. Fruits and veggies and Dairy have Carbs.
Yes, but when will you go back to eating pasta and potatoes and cookies, and cakes and ice cream?
"Never."

Thank you Dr. Atkins.
Seal
Started 3/10/2002
226.5/159/125
Old 04-20-2003, 05:14 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Seal
Easter Dinner Conversation

"Seal, When will you go back to eating carbs? "

"I eat carbs now. Fruits and veggies and nuts and dairy have Carbs."

"Yes, but when can you go back to eating pasta and potatoes and cookies, and cakes and ice cream?"

"I can go back as soon as I want to gain the weight back. When will I go back? Never."

Thank you Dr. Atkins. You've made it possible for us to change our lives.

Seal
Started 3/10/2002
5'5"
226.5/159/125
Old 04-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #260

Gallery:
I'm saden by his lose . I wished I had heard about this diet 10 yrs a go . He will be missed .

Old 04-20-2003, 07:29 PM   #261

Gallery:
I'm saden by his lose . I wished I had heard about this diet 10 yrs a go . He will be missed .

Old 04-20-2003, 11:13 PM   #262
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SunshineLTB
Stats: 3X/3X/L
WOE: Low-Carb (Again!!)
Start Date: 2001
[COLOR=crimson]Just wanted to post my condolences to the ATKINS family. Dr. A will surely be missed but his WOL will live forever.

Rest in peace Dr. A!![/COLOR]
Old 04-21-2003, 03:56 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Glinda
Stats: 202/198/? as of 8/31/04
WOE: Carbohydrate Addicts LifeSpan Program
Start Date: Restart 8-26
Dr. A. saved so many lives. It struck me that he was on his way to work to save OUR lives and the lives of others through his research and application of his vast knowledge when he fell and received the injury that eventually took HIS life.

Thank you, Dr. A. You will be sorely missed.

And to his wife, Veronica, thank you for sharing your husband with the world.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:48 AM   #264
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: regandy
Stats: (hi 225)185/161/140
WOE: LowCarb
Start Date: every single morning
Dr Atkins - we are all so sorry that you did not get the respect that you deserved until so late in your life! May your legacy and impact continue and may we honor you now for your hard work and dedication for "truth".

I discovered Dr Atkins in the 1970's but "national opinion" gave me an excuse for NOT sticking with it. Now, hundreds of pounds gained and lost and almost 30 years later, I have come back to my senses.

May those you leave behind be comforted and may your work continue.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:43 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Amazin'Grace
It's days later and I am still so saddened about this.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins for your care, concern and a lifetime of effort on our behalf.

I only wish you could have been around to receive all the accolades which would have been heaped on you from the professional medical community when all the studies were completed.

I guess years of thanks and praise from a world of people who have attained health because of you, will have to suffice... and perhaps that was even more satisfying than a Nobel Prize...

Condolences to the Atkins family, and Rest in Good Peace, Doc.

Old 04-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #266
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cyrano
Stats: size 12/size 12/size 8
Start Date: January 2000
I'm so very sorry that the world has lost a pioneer like Dr. Atkins. He helped me save my life and many others too. Thank you Dr. A.

I hope his science will help millions of others and will come to be accepted as the proper way to live. One can only hope, one day.

Dr. Atkins, you will truly be missed.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:46 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LindaD
Stats: First time 300/190/160 10/24/2000
Start Date: Start JUDDD 6/25/12 254.5/220.5/200
Our world lost a great man when we lost Dr. Atkins. I am indeed thankful for his research....
His memory will live on as we continue our lowcarb journeys, My thoughts, prayers, and sympathy go out to his family.

Thank you Dr. A......

300/192/160 10/24/00
Old 04-22-2003, 01:49 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
All my thoughts and prayers are with Dr Atkins' family and friends.
He has made such an impact on so many people's lives, including my own.

I will always hold you in the highest regard, Dr Atkins!
Old 04-22-2003, 04:12 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

My sympathy to Dr. A.'s Family. Thank you for sharing him with all of us for so many years. I had hoped that he would live to be 150 just to show them all! His legacy will live on in all of us and we will prove to the world that Dr. Atkins was light years ahead of the rest! Thank you Dr. You are and will always be my hero!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:56 AM   #270
Jazmine

Gallery: Jazmine
Thank You

Our condolences to Dr Atkins family and friends!

Thank you Dr. Atkins for sticking up for what you believed in and for showing the rest of us that it can be done. You have been an inspiration for me and I am losing weight because of the wol.