Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 05:46 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zoey123
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/02/2001
I have followed the Dear Dr since the 70's he's is such a part of my life! He was a special angel to me and others....

Dr A will live on and help us from above! I believe this from the bottom of my heart!!

Thank you Dear Doctor Atkins with LOVE!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #152
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Jers52
Stats: 239/203/165
Start Date: January 5, 2003
what an impact

what an impact one voice can hold,
a voice consistent, calm and clear,
telling many what they are afraid to hear.
Your doctor's voice not yielding to silence,
nor refutes, began gaining alliances.
Those who heeded, shared the news,
"carbs be gone
it is your weight to lose."
Through the decades , other claims did boast
you said again, "Don't eat that toast!"
More began to hear your voice,
giving millions a clearer choice.
Induction - try it,
see what gives
don't do it halfway
Do this to LIVE!
The successes grew and multiplied,
with each sharing - more have tried.
I jumped aboard, gave this WOE a try,
numbers moving down from so high,
Still now, Your voice encourages,
calmly from your pages,
speaking on although you are not here,
We'll raise OUR voices so many more might hear.

Thank you for your conviction, your articulate manner, your compassion for everyman!
Old 04-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gotadodis
Your Legacy will live on....Thank You!!
Old 04-17-2003, 06:06 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilirose
Stats: 262/226/150?
Start Date: July 2002
Our Thanks

Our thanks to Dr. Atkin's and this WOL. Without his brave stand on eating and weight loss, we would all be doomed to a life of misery.
Prayers to his family
Old 04-17-2003, 06:25 PM   #155
sleepyhead

Gallery: sleepyhead
I feel as if I have lost a dear friend. Thank you, Dr. Atkins, for changing my life.

And to the Atkins family - my deepest sympathy. May it comfort you to know how much he meant to so many people.

Old 04-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaybear
My Paryers and thoughts go to his family in this time of sorrow. Thank Dr Atkins for a new way to eat and live.
Kay
Old 04-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #157
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Mandy
WOE: Atkins maintenance and intermittent fasting
Start Date: April 1999
I am so grateful to Dr. Atkins for his lifetime of work and wish I'd had the chance to thank him personally. His books and diet changed my life and made it for the better. I am so devastated by his passing I'm at a loss for words. My condolences to his family.

Last edited by Mandy; 04-18-2003 at 10:12 AM..
Old 04-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lo_kate
Stats: 220/160.6/135 (5' 5")
Start Date: November 20, 2002
i joined the LC ranks after watching the national news in november, 2002 --about the study between Atkins and the Am. Heart Assoc.

i had been contemplating the surgery approach to rid me of my phat (at hubbys suggetion) but was not really interested b/c it was not something i really wanted to do.

i was flabbergasted with the study results! b/c our doc wanted hubby to go on the Am. Heart diet in march, 2002 to lower his cholesterol! (no weight issues for him) im so glad we did not do that b/c i might have been *hung up* on that plan and not *heard* the news about the study and probly would not have considered it heavily, if at all!

needless to say, i began reading online and bought the book! (DANDR) and found this BB. my life will never be the same!

i feel alot of emotions at this time, but my major feeling is that Dr. Atkins has given me a very personal gift! and i do not even know him. he has given me more than anyone on this earth, even my parents, family, and friends.

i have since bought his vita-nutrient book to help lower our cholesterol and i am getting so much more than i bargained for from his books i do not want my money back.

i just wish he could have been here longer to reap even more rewards from his years of being honest, courageous and a pioneer.

my prayers are with Dr. Atkins family, the Foundation and Staff, and all those mourning this legend in his own time.
Saturday 8/20 162.8
Thursday 8/25 162.2 (day 5 TOM)
Saturday 8/27 160.6
Saturday 9/03 162.2
Thursday 9/08 160.0
Old 04-17-2003, 06:46 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Repairman
WOE: Optimal Diet
Dr. Robert Atkins. What can I say that so many others haven't already said.

Although I never had the honor of meeting you, I feel as if you knew me. The things you talked about in your books seemed as if you wrote them for and about me.

You saved my life. I truly believe that. Before LC I had high blood pressure and high blood sugar. Trouble catching my breath after just mild exertion and many other health issues.

Then I purchased a copy of your book.. Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution.. and my life changed. I sleep better, have more stamina, more energy, my blood sugar is under control and I've cut my bp meds by half.. I know that as I continue to lose weight, and live the LC WOL I will no longer have to take bp meds.

Although I have wavered many times over the last 3 years that I've been LC'ing.. I've always came back.

Sir. I intend to honor your memory by starting this minute to live the LC WOL without wavering. I WILL be that healthy vibrant person you wrote about in your books.

God bless you and your family Dr. Atkins

Phillip D. Livesay
Old 04-17-2003, 06:47 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonbon
Start Date: August 2000
For the 30+ years of abuse he took on behalf of the ill and obese that mainstream medicine couldn't help, and consequently wished to ignore and despise, my profound gratitude.

My quality of life, and of course health are immeasurably better since Dr. Atkins entered my life. Although we never met, he has been a better doctor to me than any other has.

I do hope his work continues its momentum. I'm so pleased that he got to see the attention to his work over the last year, the recognition.

Thank you Dr. Atkins.

My condolences to his friends, colleagues and family.

Shalom.
Blood pressure 110/70 (previously 140/90)

8-14-00
Age 45
What a great way to live!

http://community.webshots.com/user/siobain100
Old 04-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwifriend
My heartfelt sympathy go out to Dr A's family and friends. It takes a very special kind of person to commit so much of their life to 'giving' and helping others. May he rest in peace.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:56 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cpmaple
Thank you so much for sticking to your guns and promoting this way of life. I had lived the low-fat lie for so long!! I have met my goal weight without ever being hungry or feeing too deprived. And, better yet, my partner is on the way to a healthier and longer life thanks to you. I'm getting less afraid that he won't be around much longer. Nothing else had worked. You will be remembered by many around the word. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:02 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: celeste
Start Date: November 1999
Thank you to Dr Atkins for giving me the tools to lose weight, and keep it off. I am so sad that after fightiing and defending your weight loss way of life, that just when you are gaining acceptance and respect, your life is cut so short. You will hold a place in my life and my heart forever.

Celeste Martin
Ventura, CA
Old 04-17-2003, 07:03 PM   #164
And stay away from *my* beloved: Lenny

Gallery: LadyBeloved
Stats: GOAL is a perfect fit in sz 26 True Religions
WOE: Casual ~ I no longer need a commitment from food.
You offered hope where there was none
you promised a new life to replace the tired, worn one
you brought dignity to the demoralized,
you helped heal our damaged psyches
you helped repair fractured and wounded pride
and helped us find our confidence again

we ARE beautiful and we Are proud

for this and more, thank you
thank you

thank you
Old 04-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewNanci
Stats: 175/141/135 *16%BF*BP 102/60
WOE: Atkins/now L/C maintenance
Start Date: 02/01/01
Because of Dr. Atkins, many of us on these boards alone will live healthier, longer lives! At least he finally had the opportunity to be able to say, "I told you so!" Some people thought he was a smart aleck and arrogant because he wouldn't back down and say he might be wrong. He KNEW he had it right, and few of us could stand up to the firestorm he was always up against! I was hoping he would have lived into his 90's or 100's and prove that much more how healthy this WOE is!
My sympathy goes out to his family. He will be remembered by many.....
Old 04-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: amadeus4313
Stats: 244/221/144 77 more to go
WOE: One Day At A Time
Dr. A.

May the angels welcome you to paradise.
May the martyrs greet you on your way.
May you see the face of the Lord this day
Alleluia Alleluia!

Well done good and faithful servant.

Last edited by amadeus4313; 04-17-2003 at 07:13 PM..
Old 04-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #167
kerry8

Gallery: kerry8
Thank you

Thank you Dr. Atkins for saving my life. You have always been and now you always will be an angel to me. I am praying for you and your family, as well as your extended family at the Atkins Center.

Kerry (who posts once every thousand years)
180+/120/120
Start date: Jan 18 2000
Maint. since June 2000

Old 04-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PoeBones

Hello Everyone.

I've never posted anything before, but with the terrible news about Dr Atkins I felt compelled to share how I feel about the Atkins way of life. It has made such a huge impact on my life I don't even want to know what things would be like without it. My honey And I have only been doing the atkins diet since February but it has made a huge difference in our lives. Before he was terribly sick all the time and the doctors couldn't help, money was sooo tight with only me working and I was so stressed and tired all the time. Now my honey is feeling good and has started a new job. I'm much happier and we both are already looking much better.

Started 280 pounds February 4, 2003
Currently 255 pounds April 17, 2003
Old 04-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeline52
Stats: 205/191/120
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 9/2/08
Thank you Dr. Atkins for giving me life back. If only I had trusted you sooner! You have blessed so many. Rest in God's peace.

Angeline
Proud Marine Mom
204/174.5/120
Old 04-17-2003, 07:24 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SJK+
Stats: 275/225/175
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: 2002-05, restart AGAIN 11/17/09
Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord...

And let light perpetual shine upon him.

Thanks for Dr. Atkins persistance in promoting this Low Carb way of life, which has help me to lose over 75 lbs this past year.

He will be remembered at the Altar here at St. John's Episcopal Church of Detroit, with thanksgiving.

(The Rev'd) Fr. Steven J. Kelly, SSC
Rector
St. John's Episcopal Church
www.stjohnsdetroit.org
Old 04-17-2003, 07:25 PM   #171
fossegirl

Gallery: fossegirl
I will remember you Dr. Atkins. Heres to a life that has made so many better. He never could have known the effect hes had. You were truly a life model. To me you will always have a place in my heart. May we not dwell on the body gone, but celebrate in the spirit that continues to live and touch countless numbers.

Old 04-17-2003, 07:28 PM   #172
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DebbieInFla
Stats: marshmallow, ham, sausage, take your pick
Start Date: Daily
I would like to focus this post to the Doctor's wife, should she ever read this...

Virginia; Your husband has saved more lives than you or I shall ever know. He bravely started down the *naysayers* and is finally, FINALLY beginning to get the respect he so richly deserved. Know that all of us here, along with millions NOT here, will do our best to make sure his work does not wane. We will carry his message on for him.

Also please know that you, the Doctor's mother, and family and friends are all in our thoughts and prayers.

All my gratitude for sharing such a man with the rest of the world,

Deb
Old 04-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #173
beaver22

Gallery: beaver22
Thanks to Dr. Atkins I know I am going to lead a much happier, heathier life. I only wished I would have started sooner.
I owe it all to his book.

Old 04-17-2003, 07:41 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Randy
Stats: 277/247/187
I don't know if Dr. A was a religious man, but if he was, I hope he finds macadamia butter and cream next to the ambrosia.

Whenever you think about quitting this wol, remember Dr. A never quitting, despite his critics.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:49 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Diep
Stats: 142/136/125
Thank you, Dr. Atkins, for pouring out your life for us. I hope you'll get to know in Heaven what you could never know on this finite earth - how very many people you've helped, inspired, encouraged, and even saved physically over the past 30+ years. May God reward you for your goodness, and may He comfort your wife and mom and all of us who will miss you so much.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #176

Gallery: CaliforniaChris
Stats: 265/237/175
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: Which Time?
Tribute

Rarely, is a visionary recognized in his own lifetime.
But I believe that Robert Atkins lived just long enough to see the first-fruits of his vision.
The decades that follow will prove him not only to have been "right", but to have had genuine a concern for mankind and the human condition.
To stand against all odds with the true conviction of one's beliefs is the mark of a true humanitarian & hero!

We'll miss you!
Old 04-17-2003, 08:04 PM   #177
Beave

Gallery: Beave
He's my hero!

How sad to hear the news. Dr. Atkins has touched the lives of so many people. He has changed my life forever and has affected me like no one will ever know. What a great man he was and what a loss to the world. Few people have had the impact on mankind that he has. May God bless his soul. He was truly a gift from God.

To Dr. Atkins' family, may you be comforted knowing the many lives he has touched. The low carb community grieves for you. My prayers are with you.

Beave

Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #178
Serene

Gallery: Serene
God bless and keep Dr. Atkins. He will live on forever in my mind as a truly heroic and courageous man. I only hope that the growing validation of his diet was enough for him after so many years of criticism. I am just one life he has saved.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kally
Dearest Dr. Atkins

I am so saddened to hear of his passing. I started Atkins over 2 years ago with fabulous results. I have slackened off for the past 6 months & have tried for the past 2 weeks to get back on Induction as I have crept up 20 lbs. This is rather a kick in the butt and heart for me. I will be strong now for Dr. Atkins & vow to remain low-carb forever & keep spreading the word of the magic of a low-carb lifestyle. Such a tragic loss. My heart goes out to his family & co-workers. He has started such a wonderful program - I hope we can all continue his legacy.

Thank you so much for saving my life along with so many thousands of others.

Good Night Dr. Atkins.
Love Kally
Old 04-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilW
Stats: 175/117/120 GOAL!!!! 5'4 36 yrs. old
WOE: Atkin's
Start Date: Oct. 2007
I was shocked when I read this on the internet. My prayers are with his family and friends. I haven't been doing this WOE for very long, but it has changed my life. I owe him alot. His legacy will live on.

Rest in peace Dr. Atkins

April