Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 02:05 PM   #121
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy-d
Stats: 320/155
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 9-11-02
I can't even begin to say how much I appreciate what Dr. Atkins has done for my life. He will be missed greatly by many people. My heart goes out to his family, and my prayers are with them. God rest his soul, Laurie

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2003, 02:15 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: VioletFaith
Stats: 180/158/150
WOE: Just Lowcarb
Start Date: Re-start 4/07
His research taught me so much about my body and how it works.
His way of eating got me out of depression
bcause I learned that sugar contributes
to my ickyness and depression feelings
I owe him my sanity in many ways....

Thank you Dr Atkins for helping me get my life back! You will be greatly missed and we will keep your legacy close to our hearts!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:18 PM   #123
Stonecreek

Gallery: Stonecreek
I heard about the Atkins diet from someone I do business with, she had lost so much weight, she told me about how she did it, I came right back to the office and did a search on atkins diet, and found this site, went into chat, was told to get the book, got plenty of questions answered in chat, read the book, and started the plan. I had been on predisone for 3 years, gained about 55lbs , felt hopeless, started this way of eating, lost the weight, but also got off the predisone, no conventional doctor could help me get off, I read Dr. Atkins Nutrition book, and thought, hmmm, so I did some more research , found a naturalist, and have been off the predisone ever since. Dr. Atkins has changed my life in so many ways, I have lost the weight, I know how to eat correctly, I have gotten off the predisone, he led me here when I did a search on the diet, and have found many friends, some that probley will be friends for life, through his way of eating, my life is so much more healthier and happier.

Thank you Dr. Atkins, May God grant you peace and everlasting life, you have helped so many.........

Old 04-17-2003, 02:25 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Atkins_Angel
Thank you Dr. Atkins

I am so saddened that the world lost such a great man. But I like millions of others will remember your legacy. Our weight loss and improved health will stand as testimony of your life's work. I send my prayers to your family and friends.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjoy
[COLOR=indigo]My sympathy goes out to Dr. Atkin's family.
I will be forever grateful for Dr. Atkin's boldness in stepping out and finding a significant way for people to change the way they look at weight loss. His approach has truly changed my life and I am so thankful to him. [/COLOR]
Old 04-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bop28
Thank you Dr. Atkins

What a shame for this to happen to such a wonderful man. He has helped so many people to live a healthier, happier life. He should have had many more years to show the Food Pyramid people how the body actually works. He will be missed for a very long time. Four members of my family started his way of eating, and four members of my family improved their health, through weight loss, lower cholesterol, and lower blood pressure and blood sugar. We owe him our futures.
Thank you Dr. Atkins
Old 04-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: melissa_tx
Thank you Dr. Atkins for fighting a good fight. I deeply appreciate all you have done for me and so many I know. I like many others will continue to spread the low carb word and fight for your cause. God bless you and your family.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:55 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Candy
It is with a heavy heart that I write this. I am so thankful to Dr. Atkins for the renewed energy his "diet" plan has giving me. It was 3.5 years ago that I found his low carb plan of eating. DH and I have been lowcarbing ever since. I am thankful, too, that I am a tiny speck of the legacy he has left this world.

I have never really had anyone that I called my hero. However, that has changed. Dr. Atkins was my hero, and today, we have lost a great human being. He was one who truely cared not only about the health of his patients, but about those of us who would never have the chance to meet him personally.

*tears of sadness*

Thank you Dr. Atkins for giving me quality of life.

Candy Lynch
Old 04-17-2003, 03:12 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimJackie
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2000
Dr Atkins gave me my life back and for that I'll always be deeply grateful.

Started Atkins 1.1.00
179/130/130
Old 04-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fanci
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was a truly great man. Few people have the conviction to stand steadfast to beliefs in the face of persecution, let alone for 30 years. But he did and helped millions in doing so. This is a truly sad day. fanci
Old 04-17-2003, 03:30 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
Start Date: August (this time around)
To Dr. Atkins wherever you are: THANK YOU for having the courage of your convictions by which you have changed so many lives and may well indeed change the face of nutrition in this country. You are a hero to us and a true inspiration, and you will be greatly missed.

To Mrs. Atkins: Thank you for all of your support for his work and his vision. We are so sorry for your loss.

To everyone at the Atkins Center: Thank you for all you do, and in advance for all you will be doing to keep the message alive! Know that there are so many followers who would love to help in some small way!

Tymom (Ty's Mom)
Old 04-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glamrgrl2b
Stats: 204/184/165
WOE: Atkins my way
Thank you for not backing down through the years to show us the right way to eat for our health. You will be missed! may God wrap His arms of comfort around your family at this time

kat
Old 04-17-2003, 03:37 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: msmoon
So sad to hear he is gone. He will remain alive in the hearts and minds of many for years to come. Mine included. Thank you Dr. Atkins.

Last edited by msmoon; 09-25-2003 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-17-2003, 03:39 PM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: dlynn
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: July, 2000
Thank you, Dr. Atkins, for giving me back my life and self esteem. I hated the way I looked and how I didn't seem to have any control. I had convinced myself that I was just supposed to be fat, that was what getting older meant.

You showed me how to take control and a way of eating that will keep me in control and healthy for the rest of my life.

You were an inspiration.

My deepest sympathies to Dr. Atkins' family.

He will be missed.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:39 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: linzb
WOE: Modified
Start Date: 1-17-14
Dr. Atkins has made an astounding impact in all of our lives. May his legacy live on forever in our lives, and our hearts.
Thank you for the great gift you've given me, Dr. Atkins.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #136

Gallery:
My deepest Sympathys

Today is a sad day.
Thank you Dr. Atkins for teaching me how to be healthy eating low carb. I will be forever grateful.

My deepest sympathys to Dr. Atkins wife Veronica and his family.
Dr. Atkins will surely be missed.

Started 4/15/02
5'3
222/158/140 64 lbs. and 33 inches gone forever!

Old 04-17-2003, 03:47 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaxy
WOE: Eccentric at best.
Start Date: December, 2001

With heartfelt sympathies....
Old 04-17-2003, 03:48 PM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ana K.S.
Stats: GOAL REACHED 7/28/10 Size 8 Jeans!!!!
WOE: Low Cal/Gym 5x a week/Yoga 2x a week
We have lost someone special to all of us. He was someone that helped change who we are. My prayers are with his family. And I will continue this WOE the way I've learned to from him.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:03 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sueparl
As has been said by many, I feel like I've lost one of my family. I feel awful! I have such admiration for Dr. Atkins and his refusal to give in to all the pressure over 30 years.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins. I truly believe you've saved my life. May you rest in peace.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:15 PM   #140
Rin
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rin
Stats: 202/165/130 ht:5'3''
WOE: atkins(with my touches:))
Start Date: 18th Dec 2010 this time!
dear Dr Atkins... thankyou for gving us all not just another WOL but another Way of Thinking...more confidence and the faith that all we need to suceed is determination...and for making that determination come easier.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:17 PM   #141
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Bumpkyns
Stats: 240/220/150
WOE: South Beach
A hero who fought the good fight in spite of all the obstacles in his way. What a man! And what a legacy to leave behind, saving and changing lives for the better. GODSPEED DR. ATKINS!!!

And prayers go out to his family and friends. Please help us keep his legacy alive and turn the AMA around to our side.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:25 PM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/241/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
Dr Atkins...i know up in heaven you have a chance to look down on us and smile. You always knew what was best for us, and unselfishly percevierd. We applaud you! You stood your ground after decades of ridicule! You stood strong while your name was drug into the ground. Only the people desperate for a new life were brave enough to be the pioneers in the THRUTH! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts that you kept on keeping on.

I have always been overwieght. I was the "fat" kid in school ( i only got to be a decent size in high school..have no ideal why.) The minute carbs hit my system, i gain wt. NO wonder a woman that doesnt eat that much can get to 256lbs. You knew what was wrong with me. Woes me for not finding "the light" until my late 30's. So much wasted life. NO MORE! I will show those no sayers what the atkins way of life can do for "the fat kid"!

We love you, and sorrly miss you already

To The family of Dr Atkins.
My simple words may not comfort you but i hope that the thousands of people here can give you some sense of well being, just knowing that he has helped millions of people all over the world with his infinate wisdom. You were blessed to love him, we were blessed to love him also. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Liz Bateman
Old 04-17-2003, 04:33 PM   #143
Miss Innocent

Gallery: Crohnie
Stats: 196/179/149
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 07/01/10
Thank You

Thank You Dr. A. You have profoundly changed my life forever!!!!!!

Michele Johnson
Old 04-17-2003, 04:44 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shoshe933
Stats: 220/175/150
Start Date: April 2002
My life changed forever. There are no words for how greatful I am to Dr. Atkins who remained firm in his ideals against great opposition for over 30 years. In his honor, I pledge to remain as dedicated to this way of life as he was to helping us all reach our goals.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Alania
Stats: 195.6/185/140
Start Date: 2-3-14
I hope Dr. Atkins goes down in history as a wonderful doctor, researcher, and teacher of his fellow man. He thought outside the box, and even though I am new to low carbing I have already realized the wonderful gifts that are entering my life because I follow Atkins' WOE.
I hope we will always continue to pay homage to this great man by living our lives as healthily and happily as we can.

I feel that in our life times only a few truly unique minds enter the world forum as our contemporaries. I feel in my heart that Dr. Atkins was one of those minds, and we are at a great loss. My heart goes out to Dr. Atkins' friends and family - may you find solace in knowing how well loved the good doctor truly was by all. I can't believe that I am so upset by this, but I am. In the books, Dr. Atkins came across as so kind hearted and friendly, I felt like I knew him. I feel as if we have lost a great mentor. Peace be with you all!!
Old 04-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vargagurl
Stats: 55, 5'7" Goal: 20% BF
WOE: paleo
Start Date: long, long ago, in a far away place
I hope that the message Dr. Atkins shared finds new ears. I'm glad that I heard it.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TiffanyM
Stats: 217.4/199.4/145
WOE: HCG R?P2 restart 11/27/2013
Start Date: June 2000/restart August 2007/restart May 2012

This is such a sad day........

I hope and pray he knows the lives he's touched, and the difference he made..

Rest in peace, Dr. Atkins.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:04 PM   #148
KCinMN

Gallery: KCinMN
Dr Atkins changed my life. He is/was my hero. My husband called me at work today to tell me the sad news because he knew how important Dr A has been in my life. I feel like a close friend has died.

Dr A, I hope you know how many lives you have changed for the better. Thank you for your passion and for sharing it with us. We'll miss you a lot. My thoughts are with his family at this sad time also.

Old 04-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: puttchikins
My sympathy to the Atkins family..Dr Atkins is my hero !!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 05:32 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: proteinprincess
Dr Atkins has given hope to a nation of obese people and I am one of them. I will forever cherish his accomplishments, his unyeilding personality and his memory. I feel his loss to the very bottom of my heart. God speed you Dr. Atkins...Until we meet again ....Carol