Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2003, 08:58 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Edna
Stats: 265/236/165
WOE: Atkins and modified Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2001
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Thanks for saving many of our lives. We truly shall miss you but I do believe in an afterlife and know that you are available for me to talk to and consult with even though you no longer have physical form. You have given so much to the country and let us give back to you by remembering you with dignity and fondness. I truly miss you, may God be with your family and help them during this turmoil in their life. But to remember you are now at peace and trying to convince God and the deciples to go on LowCarb and I do know that soon it will be the recommended diet for all... Thanks Dr. A.

Sincerely

Edna

Ps you did change me life! :>)
Goal #1 to be at or below 250 Feb 2008 Not sure if I made this? but restart weight 236

Goals revised again!!! Lose weight in 2011

LTG 165

MWI Chart
http://picturepals2008.tripod.com/mwi.htm

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2003, 07:01 PM   #332
smmrpoet

Gallery: smmrpoet
In Memorium

Personal thanks though belatedly to a cultural icon and couageous leader. I have been on Atkins for less than a year and find it hard to change opinions about eating some fat (bacon) in order to lose weight! So many years and wasted energy spent on low-fat regimen that didn't work in spite of excercise and sincere efforts. It has been proven repeatedly that low-fat doesn't work and people can't stay on it and even if they did, it doesn't work! Yet, the low-fat cult continues and health professionals rather than face reality keep recommending it to patients they consider lazy and unmotivated. One day low-fat approach to obesity will seem as outdated as lifestyle approach to ulcers prior to antibiotic treatments.

Imagine what it must have been like for pioneer like Dr. Atkins. Thank goodness, he withstood the ridicule -- he knew he was right. History will judge him thus. Rest in peace, Dr. Atkins, you saved and transformed countless lives.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:45 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sappl38220
Stats: 198/190/140
WOE: general lo carb
Start Date: on & off since Dec '99
Thank You Doctor...

.....for having traveled your journey, it musn't have been easy, always defending your lifes' work. Please know that we, your followers, have always believed in you. God has given us a tool through you, a tool of self control and self gratitude. It's up to us from here.
Thank you
You are missed
Old 08-10-2003, 04:35 AM   #334
MimiLo

Gallery: MimiLo
Thank you Dr. Atkins

I just want to say that you have changed my life, and that of many of my friends, who suffered and struggled for years with weight problems, illnesses, and fatigue. Thanks so much!
God bless you.

Old 08-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: allseaswife
I'm sorry I have waited so long to try his successful diet. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to all us Lowcarbers(word?) out there.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenniferg
Stats: 165/165/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2004
I am very thankful for the time Dr. Atkins put into his research and for his dedication and commitment to validating the low carb lifestyle with science and studies. It is the only way of eating out of all of the ones I've tried that enables me to lose weight and is sustainable. I am very grateful for it.
Sincerely,
Jennifer
Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oreo2
WOE: lc
To have positively touched so many lives in such a positive way is an incredible feat. God speed.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:48 AM   #338
stasia janina

Gallery: stasia janina
thanks

Thank you Dr. Atkins for your wisdom and for sharing it with us. My prayers are with his family. Stasia

Old 09-08-2003, 07:21 PM   #339
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Phentermine.ca
Rest in peace, Dr. Atkins

Your work and research has made so many lives change - drastically. I doubt you ever truly knew the impact your work had on the lives of people all around the world.

Peace.

Bobby
Old 09-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #340
amyaub

Gallery: amyaub
Thank you!

Thank you Dr. Atkins for changing my life with your diet. You will be missed. God bless.

Amy

Old 09-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aproudloser
Stats: 286.6/277.5/135
How do you thank a person you believe has saved your life. There are no words. My father has diabetes, high blood pressure, and liver problems all related to being overweight. Me being a daddy's girl would have surely followed in his footsteps. I have been on numerous "diets" and none of them has worked. They all left me hungry and craving. Then I got on the Atkins WOE. And I have never felt this good my whole life. I am truely excited about this. Thank you Dr. Atkins for not giving up when everyone seamed to be against you. I truely feel I owe you my life and my thanks.

286.6/277.5/135
Old 10-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #342
Allergic to Carbs- I break out in Fat!

Gallery: Diana
Stats: 176.5/138.8/134 (5'3")
WOE: The Original Atkins
Start Date: 8/11/03 Restart 4/08
Thank you Dr. Atkins for opening my eyes. You helped me change my life for the better. Thank you, and God Bless.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:02 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jacyln
Thank you Dr. Atkins. Without this new WOL I would be 300 lbs. by the new year. I wish I would of listen to you sooner. I am sure you are in heaven looking down and smiling on all your low carbers!!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:00 AM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BodyByRubin
Forever grateful...thank you Dr. A.

Before I ran across Dr. Atkin's book on low carbing I weighed 180 pounds and was having trouble breathing and getting around.

I thought maybe it was my thyroid, because I had weighed around 130/140 for most of my adult life and suddenly around 10 years ago I started packing on the pounds.

Then a friend who had lost twenty pounds doing the Atkins diet loaned me her book. I just couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!

I totally agreed with Dr. Atkins take on diet and health and ALL of the foods on his list were foods I used to eat regularly and enjoyed the taste of them.

I also agreed that low fat diets....which I avoided like the plague....were the cause of not only obesity but diabetes as well which runs in my family.

If I never lose another pound, I will always abide by the good sense and natural methods of keeping healthy through diet.

THANK YOU DR. A. WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:07 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeWinged_Pixie
Stats: 106 and Maintaining!!!!
WOE: Low carb/ gluten free Prescribed by Doc
Start Date: August 25, 2003
Life Saving

I carry a diabetic gene, and from it I have hypoglycemia. Thanks to this diet, and my doctor who realised how and why it worked, I wont get the diabetes. This diet has saved me from a disease that I always feared, and made a problem I've had for life much better. The added bonus is the quick los of the pregnancy weight I had been having problems losing. I just wanted to say thank you to the man that is gone, without him I would have been another statistic. I would have been obese, and had diabetes both problems that have cut many lives short in my family. I can now look forward to a long life of not just watching my child grow up but being an interactive part of it as well.

Pixie }!{
Old 10-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #346
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: theonewho
People didn't believe in you, yet you stuck to your guns and helped countless people lose weight, including me. Few people seem to get the respect they deserve until they pass on. You, have changed my life. Rest easy DR.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laughing Cow
Stats: 237/125/110 Ht. 5'
WOE: Meat/Egg fast
Start Date: Aug. 1998
Thank you for showing me how to gain control over my body size. I am sure you would enjoy seeing others come around to your way of thinking especially after the establishment was so unfair to you. My condolences to your family.

Elaine
Old 11-03-2003, 08:45 AM   #348
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: mamafitz
WOE: LCing
Start Date: starting over (again)
A big thank you ! God bless you and your family Dr. Atkins.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #349
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: mamafitz
WOE: LCing
Start Date: starting over (again)
A big thank you ! God bless you and your family Dr. Atkins.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:33 AM   #350
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: treadle
Stats: 190.4/149/150
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 1/18/10
A simple Thank You....you will be missed.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:06 PM   #351
Shrinking Dad

Gallery: Shrinking Dad
You set millions free!!

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
and learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:56 AM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JudyMh52
Stats: Starting weight 180/current 156/goal weight125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 8, 2003
When I first heard what had happened to Dr Atkins I felt numb. It was like it had happened to a dear old friend. Although I never had the privledge of meeting Dr Atkins I'll always be grateful to him. He wrote alot of books and I have every one of them. He chipped away at my doubt and unbelief that this could ever work as a life time change. My prayers stay with his wife and family. And I thank God for giving him the courage to change so many lives. Judy
Old 12-14-2003, 05:02 PM   #353
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BodyByRubin
My favorite story about Dr. Atkins

About twenty years ago, a friend of mine visited Dr. Atkins at his office in NYC for a heart-related problem. She was a missionary who had taken a vow of poverty...never mentioning this to Dr. A., of course.

After several visits, she asked why she hadn't received a bill for the treatments? Dr. A. said, "Don't worry about it, it's all taken care of."

She said he was one of the most humble and kindest man she ever had the privelege of meeting....one doctor in a thousand that truly understood what it was to care more for people than for the money they brought in.

Her prayers and mine are with you, Dr. A.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:16 PM   #354
alexandra729

Gallery: alexandra729
Thank you Dr. A for showing me how to take back my health and my happiness. Although you are no longer with us, your legacy lives on through the millions of lives you have touched. You have given hope to some of the most hopeless members of society.

If my children were old enough, they would say thanks for giving them back the mom that they deserve.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:45 AM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joella3
Robert Atkins remembered

Saw him on Larry King and what a gentleman he was. I am so glad that he left this world knowing he was finally getting the resspect and recognition he deserved? I miss him and wish his family the best. They should be so proud of him and the differeence he made in so many people's lives!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:45 AM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joella3
Robert Atkins remembered

Saw him on Larry King and what a gentleman he was. I am so glad that he left this world knowing he was finally getting the resspect and recognition he deserved? I miss him and wish his family the best. They should be so proud of him and the differeence he made in so many people's lives!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:54 PM   #357
maglibra

Gallery: maglibra
I think one of the greatest things he ever did for us was NOT GIVE UP!! He stuck in there when people told him he was a hack and worse. He proved that LowCarb is healthier. He saved countless lives and all because he refused to GIVE UP!

Wow what a great man!

He will be missed, God bless his family, but thank you so much for all you did for us!!

Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capook
Stats: 325(highest)/275.4/140-150
WOE: HCG Rebel <3
Start Date: LC January 2003/LC Aug 2008 /HCG Sept.2010
My letter to Dr. Atkins

Dear Dr. Atkins,

I am writing this letter to thank you for giving me back my life. Even though you are no longer with us you are still helping so many people. You have done what nobody else could do for me, you gave me back control of my life. I never realized how much control food had over me and my life until I started doing Atkins. I now have so much more energy and can play with my child without getting out of breath. Food no linger consumes my life. I am no longer depressed .I was such a sad person before. It was so hard for me to smile when I walked in to a room of people and I was the biggest one. My clothes were never comfortable , I never felt attractive, I felt like such a failure.
I lost my mother this year and itís been really hard on me. I watched her slowly deteriorate over several years. She had heart problems and diabetes, due to complications from those she had a stroke at the age of 51. She remained bedridden in a nursing home until she was 54 and she passed away. I miss her so much. I always strove to make my mom proud. In many aspects of my life she was, but she was always concerned about my weight. She didnít want me to end up like her. It hurt me so much to watch her slowly die, thatís when I realized what I was doing to my family. I was depriving them of me . Of me now and me in the future. I wouldnít let anybody take pictures of me, I couldnít do a lot of activities with my family, I couldnít even fit in a roller coaster to ride with my daughter. I was not giving my child what she needed as a mom. I do not want my daughter to go through what I did with my mom, and I realized that is exactly what I was doing.
Since starting Atkins I have improved my life, I am a better wife , mother , and friend. I look forward to family outings instead of dreading them. I get my picture with my child, I even got family portraits done for the first time. I can look at them and say I donít look so bad. Iím on my way, itís still a long road ahead of me, but I can see the light at the end now. Thank you Dr. Atkins for being the light for so many people.
Old 01-17-2004, 12:06 PM   #359
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
It was such a blessing that Dr. Atkins was vindicated before he passed away. When his book first came out, the medical community laughed him to scorn. Now, they are eating crow because he was right. I will always be grateful to him for taking the heat and paving the way for us to have the hope of being thin again. Thank you, Dr. Atkins!

Terry
Old 01-18-2004, 02:55 PM   #360
dscholar

Gallery: dscholar
Dr. Atkins

I have a picture with Dr. Atkins in NYC at a seminar from years ago. He also signed my 1970's book. If he were only around today to see all the new products popping up. He was the best and I've followed him for 20+ years even through all the criticism.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins.

Debi