Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2003, 06:44 AM   #301
Starryskize

Gallery: Starryskize
My sincere sympathy for the family of Dr. Atkins...

I know he must have been very proud to help so many on this earth with a problem that is overwhelming for most!

My heart goes out to you and I have said my prayers for the family and loved ones that will miss him dearly.

My thanks to Dr. Atkins for all he has done to help and save so many!

God Bless!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #302
stanleecee

Gallery: stanleecee
a Legend in His Time

I have been smiling these past few days when thinking about Dr. Atkins.

In 1974 after my first son was born I first got on theDiet Revolution. It revolutionized my life for sure and I got into the best physical shape of my young life so far ... and I had been a model previously!

At that time, Dr. Atkins was poo-pooed, called a quack and the medical industry was sure he and his fans would drop dead of heart failure, high blood pressue and numerous oher horrible results of his eating plan. It was especially recommended that people my age (now) not entertain the diet due to the high fat content. yada yada yada

I am so glad that before he left this planet, Dr. Atkins saw his dream realized. He changed the planet. Now, there are varieties of foods to choose from that make it a non-diet! Today there are low carb products in the grocery store!

Dr. Atkins is single-handedly responsible for the change in attitude toward saccarhine (we only had that and Sugar Twin back then), as well as creating an acceptance level for sugarless food eaters, and calling fat what it really is ..... GOOD TASTING!! laughing ... I'm just glad he got to see all this change.

As I attempt to achieve ketosis again for the first time in over 30 years, I see how much easier it is to do this ... I'm unsure about the changes to the ketosis induction phase, but what the hey ... I can appreciate it ... (except the cream thing ... why is it limited?) Even the Atkins bars and additives have changed remarkably over the years. Those Endulge and Advantage bars threaten to keep my sweet tooth active!!

He did a wonderful thing for the human race and I sincerely hope that there are more lessons learned from his renegade example than just how to eat healthy.

I'm hungry!!

Old 05-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marchbaby
Stats: 228.5
WOE: Atkins (for life!)
Start Date: 4/28/03,. Reinducted: 1/4/04; Reinducted 10/26/06
Dr. Atkins, Forever remembered

in August of '98 I had the opportunity to attend a lecture and book signing by Robert C. Atkins. It was a most inspiring and educational evening. I purchased his new book at the time, I think it's called "the Vita-nutrient Solution". He signed the book and shook my hand and i was able to thank him for teaching me this WOE.

he will always be remembered for helping millions of people lose weight, stay slim, control diabetes, blood pressure etc.

Prayers and positive thoughts to his family at this difficult time.

Last edited by marchbaby; 05-10-2003 at 11:50 AM..
Old 05-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: happiness
Stats: easily over 210?...but who cares/148.8/140
WOE: Simply low carb. Keeping the stick purple. :)
Start Date: restart 3/6/13
Thank you..

I want you to know you literally changed my life. I went from a total basket case to a person on a mission to spread the low-carb WOE!! So many things have changed for the better:

#1 I can move without hurting. I really think I had a case of fibromyalgia (I hurt all over). Now I can jump out of bed, run up and down the stairs, and walk the whole length of parking lots!!

#2 I'm not a compulsive eater any more--I used to eat constantly-one meal all day long!

#3 My acne is all gone- my skin is pretty now!!--I've been plagued with it since puberty!!

#4 I can eat the fatty good stuff--GUILT FREE!!

#5 My depression is gone--I used to cry and scream and was miserable all the time!!

#6 My body is relaxed now--when I hit the bed at night, my body feels peaceful!! I was so bothered with anxiety before, I tried all kinds of pills to get me to relax, most short lived though, 'cause I was too scared to take them!!

#7 I sleep about 2 hours less each day!!

#8 My hypoglycemia problem, that was never doctor diagnosed, but I know I had, is gone!!

#9 I won my husband back!! I was a witch to live with!!

#10 I'm not afraid to lose all my weight-I used to be so paranoid about what people would say...now I could care less--I want to help them!!

#11 and no more scummy teeth!!

Sorry this is so long, but everyone has to know--I'm HAPPY!!! Your friend, Joyce

Last edited by happiness; 05-16-2003 at 09:14 AM..
Old 05-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paramedic
Thank you!

I thank Dr Atkins for his knowledge, wisdom and the ability to stand behind what he believed...he has changed my life!
Old 05-17-2003, 05:46 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mwjeepster
I am so deeply sad over the passing of a truly great hero. It is not often we find people who are willing to stand up for what they believe and never quit regardless of how tough the going got. This is the only food plan that allows me to leave behind a nasty, ugly horrible addiction to carbs and allows me to live and eat in peace. I owe Dr. Atkins a debt of gratitude like no other. I pray that he is able to watch as we all keep his dream alive by getting and staying at healthy weights. We will miss you very much, Dr. Atkins.

Love,
Melissa
Old 05-19-2003, 06:07 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kathy239
Remembrance

Dr. Atkins, I thank you for your pioneering work, for being willing to swim against the current... and to bring the light of truth out of the darkness of conventional nutritional "wisdom." You truly were a shining star!
Old 05-24-2003, 09:06 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Annetta
Stats: 257/237/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart-June 29,2005
[COLOR=purple] My deepest sympathy![/COLOR]
Old 05-26-2003, 11:00 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BULLDOSER
Thanks again for being a clear thinking person who was willing to pass on his knowledge
Old 05-27-2003, 03:38 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lacey01
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. For devoting so much of your life to save my life. Each time I see your picture, I can't believe your'e gone. I just can't..

Lacey01
Old 05-28-2003, 09:44 AM   #311
bluecollie

Gallery: bluecollie
Dr. Atkins completely changed my life....remember that woman Susan Powder or something and "Stop the Insanity!"..She didn't stop the insanity...Dr. Atkins did! I am sad every time I think of him...I liked his style also...he didn't act like a celebrity and wasn't the best speaker or conversationalist about his program...but he was always so sure no matter what anyone said...and I loved how he told interviewers when they asked what he had for breakfast or dinner...and he just said "Lobster in butter" or "strawberries and heavy cream"...or a "cheese omelet with bacon"...I mean it is so hard for people who don't know lowcarb to understand in anyway how you can eat this! It's like you have to hide it just to be left alone! I think of him so often!

Old 05-28-2003, 09:45 AM   #312
bluecollie

Gallery: bluecollie
Dr. Atkins completely changed my life....remember that woman Susan Powder or something and "Stop the Insanity!"..She didn't stop the insanity...Dr. Atkins did! I am sad every time I think of him...I liked his style also...he didn't act like a celebrity and wasn't the best speaker or conversationalist about his program...but he was always so sure no matter what anyone said...and I loved how he told interviewers when they asked what he had for breakfast or dinner...and he just said "Lobster in butter" or "strawberries and heavy cream"...or a "cheese omelet with bacon"...I mean it is so hard for people who don't know lowcarb to understand in anyway how you can eat this! It's like you have to hide it just to be left alone! I think of him so often!

Old 05-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #313
DreamofGeannie

Gallery: DreamofGeannie
Just a test

Old 06-03-2003, 08:55 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aprilmarie
Stats: 330/315/200
WOE: Low carbing
Dr. Atkins, I just want to say thank you for sticking to your beliefs for so long when the medical community rejected your ideas. Thank you for giving overweight people like me hope, after failing time after time on low-fat diets. Thank you for your innovative, progressive ideas on the proper ways to eat. You really accomplished something important in your life and you will be remembered. Goodbye, Dr. Atkins!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:01 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JulieW
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: August 2000
Tribute to Dr. A

In August of 2000 I found Dr. Robert Atkins, and I lost alot of things.

I lost a lifelong obsession with dieting and food.
I lost daily indigestion, high cholesterol, drying skin, restless leg syndrome, endless fatigue, lethargy, mood swings, an aching back and swelling limbs, just to name a few.
I lost feeling out of control, worthless, hopeless, ashamed, humiliated, afraid, and alone.
I also lost weight.

Since August of 2000, I've gained alot of things.

I've gained the knowledge of knowing why, and exactly what I needed to do, to overcome lifelong obesity.
I've gained my health, stamina, endless energy, and stable moods.
I've gained wisdom and the ability to help other people find their answers too.
I've gained a life mission, to reach and help as many people as I possibly can.
I've gained respect from people I reach out to.
I've gained friendships with other's all around the world who were just like me.
I've gained a best friend, who I'd never met if I'd not been a low carber.
I've gained inner peace, hope, pride, direction, and excitement for each next day.

Dr. Atkins,
I was so proud to have seen the day, they admitted you were right. The day we lost you, I felt like I'd lost a dear friend. Rest in peace, knowing there are hundreds of thousands of us out here, who live each day healthier, happier, and committed to this way of life, because you walked among us. People like me, who are devoted to spreading your words and teachings of total health and of life, life without bread.

Thank you sir, more than you'll ever know.

God Bless You,
Julie Westly
Old 06-04-2003, 09:09 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy-d
Stats: 320/155
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 9-11-02
julie, how beautiful...you almost made me cry, brought tears to my eyes for sure! laurie
Old 06-05-2003, 04:49 AM   #317
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CaroleKI61
Stats: 414/ 270 /255/ 245....199
WOE: Dr. Atkins- I love you!
Start Date: many restarts
A New Book By Dr, Atkins And Friends

I can see it now, someone.... (Wish it could be me) will take Dr. Atkin's book and add to it all the wonderful and new things we're learning about Low Carbing every day. The yogourt and Flax seeds, the hot lemon juice, and the amazing cranberry juice, there are so many new ideas that could be added. I think Dr. Atkins would be delighted with our progress in his memory. Love Carole Toronto poetonascooter@sympatico.ca
Old 06-07-2003, 11:34 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovemyfamily
Stats: 295/291/120
Start Date: reinduct 01/14/2012
I love you Dr. Atkins. Your intelligence, wisdom and your hardwork will be recognized by the world in complete awe and everyone will walk around with there mouths hanging open as the world of science will announce loud and clear "Dr. Atkins was right!" So sorry you did not live to see that day as I believe that day is VERY near. I believe in the resurrection and I look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person until that day Dr. Atkins THANK YOU! and you are in my thoughts.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:53 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jen111
Start Date: 2000
Dr. Atkins will be sorely missed by all low-carbers world-wide. I agree with Carolina - his incredible weight loss legacy to us was complete once he published "Atkins For Life" - a masterpiece!!!

Thank you, Dr. Atkins. Wish you were alive to witness the appreciation from all your fans!
Old 06-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #320

Gallery:
Thank you Doctor Atkins, I know that you were aware of the vast number of people you have helped, are helping and will continue to help with the low carb way of life. You were an amazing man and you have saved many a life. Long may the legacy continue, it truly is a blessing. Rest in peace angel from Earth.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fizbee
Stats: 370/322/220
Start Date: June 2003
Thanks Dr. Atkins

Though I've been on, off, up, down, over, under, and everywhere in between, the fact is I'm healthier because of the work done by Dr. Atkins.

For this I am thankful, and hope that those who continue on in his stead never forget that behind all the books and profits are struggling people seeking to live better, healthier lives. Dr. Atkins made it his life's work. He stood in the face of adversity, not for profitibility, but because he genuinely cared about people.

This is the Atkins Legacy.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:52 PM   #322
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: tinkerpam
Stats: 5'1 110/94/100
Start Date: 1/2/02
Thank you, Dr. Atkins, for guiding me into a healthy way of eating. You are smiling down on us from Heaven.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #323

Gallery:
Dr Atkins,

Thanks for all the good health you have given to so many over the years. For staying strong and dedicated to your belief in Low Carb Eating. Wish I had stuck with it back in the 70's and I wouldn't be starting all over again... but here I am! This is the best that I have felt in a long time, and to see my medical tests improve so much... incredible. THANK YOU!

You will be missed by family and friends everywhere!

Old 06-28-2003, 08:24 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lacey01
Well the song said it best when it said "I'll be strong I can't believe that your'e gone. YOU ARE MISSED! It is just lame that Dr. Atkins is no longer with us. I feel sad for his wife.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:09 AM   #325
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: auntie3
Stats: 217 / bouncing around / 140
WOE: Low Carb/ Lower GI
Start Date: Jan 24/01
[COLOR=purple]How blessed we are to have been touched by you. Your wisdom, strength, perseverence and belief in your own truth has saved the lives of many. Thank you. May your Spirit soar.

I offer my condolences to Veronica, and your family and dear friends.[/color]
Old 07-03-2003, 06:10 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dexmis
Stats: 232/213/150
Start Date: 6/11/12
I just wanted to add my thanks to Dr. Atkins for providing us with this healthy WOE that has changed my life and given me the opportunity after years of failed diets to finally be a thinner person again. Thank you so much Dr. Atkins!
Old 07-03-2003, 06:57 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shirrell
Stats: crap/ok/sigh
Start Date: July 2000
Thanks so much. After years of yo yo dieting this woe is something that finally worked for me. I have never eaten healthier nor felt better.
God rest in peace, Dr. A
Old 07-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #328
NtenseBlue

Gallery: NtenseBlue
You will be missed.
Thank you for giving me my life back!

Last edited by NtenseBlue; 07-16-2003 at 03:57 PM..

Old 07-20-2003, 03:00 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hula
A True Gift

Thank you Dr. Atkins. Everything you wrote in your book on Low Carb eating is so true. After almost resorting to surgery, your book helped me overcome my food addiction, eating disorder, depression... etc. You are a true angel in my book. Now you fly amongst the rest of them. My heartfelt thanks to you for everything that you have done for the millions of us now on the right track to a healthier and happier life. ~Fondest Aloha
Old 07-30-2003, 05:48 PM   #330
glasgowmad

Gallery: glasgowmad
I am new to this site,so please forgive my last post. What I wanted to say was GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN NEVER FORGOTTEN . Thank you for all you have given to this world.