Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2003, 08:19 AM   #271
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: riters
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/1/01
Thank you, my dear Dr. Atkins...

I still just can't believe that our Dr. Atkins has gone. What a wonderful man to stand up for what he believed was right and keep on despite all of the criticism he had to endure. And now, because of the studies being done, he would have been vindicated. I know that soon he will be lauded as the greatest weight loss expert in the world. i have always know that he was right.

Thank you Dr. Atkins for relieving me of the suffering of hypoglycemia. I will think of you always and you and your family will always be in my thoughts and prayers. Rita

Common Sense is the least common of the senses.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2003, 09:19 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Berry_blossoms
Stats: 368/199/250(quit smoking gain
Start Date: 8/5/02 RESTART3/1
God Bless You DR A!!!

On August 5th I started my low carb life....I had been doing YEARS of low fat and low Calorie, but lost my Mom and stayed in a bit of funk for a couple of years. At first I was very skeptic....infact my friend Claire talked until she was blue in the face trying to get me to at least give it a try....converting from low fat where I had not eaten hamburger in years, was no easy task.

I sat down at my computer and decided to research....I found lcf.....the pictures alone left me in awe...I decided it was time to give it a go...no harm in trying!!! I went and bought the book...2 of them infact and began my low carb life with Dr Atkins on that day.

Today I hit my -50 pounds down low carbing......weight loss is nothing new I have done it for awhile now...but I have reached places with Dr A I am not sure I would have ever seen!

Depression...what is that? I have lost most of this as my confidence in myself is restoring.

LIFE....wow it really is worth living again!! I can run, I can walk without my thighs rubbing together...rubbing sores on the insides of my legs....I can breathe....I suffered from acute asthma attacks many times a year...for anyone who doesn't know what it is like not to breath I can tell you it is one very scary thing as you gasp for air...hoping the next one comes!!!! I threw my inhalers away...I have not used them once since I began this woe...not once!

I actually laugh again...I live.....I can look in a mirror and although I see flaws...I can smile...and love who is looking back at me....There are times in my life I blamed myself for things that happened to me...I thought if I wasn't so ugly, or fat maybe they wouldn't have happened...now I know better...they would have happened anyway.

Although I am still pretty shy I am shaking that...I would have never approached people or struck a conversation with anyone before....now I can say...hey I like me if you don't that's ok....but I like me!!!!

I honestly have no idea where I would be today without you Dr Atkins...but thank you for giving ME back to me....may you continue to rise and shine in heaven
Old 04-22-2003, 11:55 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larrypage
Good Bye Dr. Atkins

Not only did you make a big difference for me, but for almost everyone I know.

Thank you.

Larry Page
Old 04-22-2003, 12:01 PM   #274
UAGirl

Gallery: UAGirl
Robert Atkins saved my life.

I wish I could have helped spare his.

I am deeply saddened and pained by his passing.

If only I could touch 1/100th of the lives he has touched through out my lifetime....

Dr. Atkins will be missed, but always cherished.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:28 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: August Moon
WOE: moderate carbs
Dr. Atkins

Goodbye you dear wonderful man, and caring physician.

He has saved me from a future of misery, and probably diabetes too. Now, because of him....I strive to improve myself, and look for new challenges everyday.

God Bless my Hero, Dr. Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:56 AM   #276
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: FluffyNIowa
Stats: 400+/360/140ish
WOE: Atkins - STRICTLY
Start Date: Jan 02, 2003.
You've saved my life Dr. Atkins. God bless you and your memory shall live on and save more lives!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #277
DebDebInCT

Gallery: DebDebInCT
Rememberance Always

I want to thank Dr. Atkins for showing me a new way of eating. With years of yo-yo dieting, his approach has shown me that I can enjoy eating and continue to lose weight.

Dr. Atkins will be missed but will always be remembered.

Debbie

Old 04-23-2003, 06:49 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: beva47
Celebrate his life. For his life has brought so many sucessful storys. Peace to his family, friends and for all who was touched by his life. May he rest in peace.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:31 AM   #279

Gallery: BarbaraNJ
Stats: Hypothyroid 211/203/170
WOE: Low Carb
My prayers and thoughts are with Dr. Atkins' family. This is such a tragic loss, especially for those of us that have seen success with his WOE.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:07 PM   #280
BettyC

Gallery: BettyC
He has certainly helped me pull myself together, encouraged me to learn how to drop the weight and live the life I so desperately want to have.

What upsets me the most about his passing is the way it happened. He fell on ice due to a freakish ice storm and now he is gone. It's such a shame and he will be missed by many.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:52 PM   #281
Veggie Girl

Gallery: Veggie Girl
I wouls alsp like to thank Dr Atkins for going against the grain, showing me & thousands others a better, healthier way of living.
The best tribute will be for his work to continue & for US to continue on his WOL, proving how right he was.

Rest In Peace.

Old 04-24-2003, 07:27 PM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: blboopsie
Stats: 279/260/150
Start Date: Dec. 29, 2002
My prayers are with Dr. Atkin's family and friends. I think this board is a great tribute to a great man whose life work has saved so many lives. I had hoped to be able to meet Dr. Atkins on a cruise when I lost all my excess pounds. However, I still will be following his plan. I'm so glad he stuck to his guns and didn't let the rest of the medical world detract from his work. I hope his family will continue with his work and we will be able to sway the world from so much sugar and high carbs!!
Sincerely
Betty
Old 04-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #283
Puppetmaster

Location: H to tha Y to tha D Scrambled word of the day: TOSIYMING. PM your guess. **PARKER** won last time!
Gallery: SomeGirlOnTheNet
Stats: Fair enough
WOE: Cafe disaffecto
Thank you so much Doctor Atkins! I never though losing weight could actually be enjoyable!
Much love and thoughts for the family and friends.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:44 PM   #284

Gallery: ClayEdgin
I'm so thankful that Dr. Atkins helped popularize the low-carb diet. The news coverage, both positive and negative, has reached so many people that there has to have been LC converts because of it. I was one of them, and have not been disappointed with my results thus far.

What can I say. Dr. Atkins saved my life. He threw me a low-carb life preserver when I was lost in a sea of low-fat hype.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:24 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GApeach23
Stats: 207.2/195.6/160 5'8"
WOE: Tried and True.....Atkins
Start Date: Re-started Jan. 2, 2012
This is indeed very sad news. I've been low carbing since 1999, and have actively defended Dr. Atkins and this woe to anyone who tried to bash it. I only wish he could have been around longer to see more of the approval this woe eating has been receiving lately. But I'm sure he still knows.

My thoughts and prayers to his family.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:32 PM   #286

Gallery: lynnjp
Stats: 273/179/150
WOE: Began JUDDD 3/18/12 UD1600 DD 490
Start Date: 4/28/2001
Were it not for Dr. Atkins I can not imagine where I would be today-I am sure I would be over 260 pounds and in VERY bad health. Thank you for the plan which I needed to get myself back to good health and on the road to building the best me that I can be!
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family
Old 04-26-2003, 09:05 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BFL Chick
Stats: 2001:192 2008:132
Start Date: 1/01 Atkins
I am so sad that Dr. Atkins has passed away. I wish I could have the opportunity to tell him what he has done for me and how much his diet has changed me life.
Before I started Atkins, I had lost all hope, thinking that I will stay obese and ugly for the rest of my life. After I started Atkins, for the first time in my life, the fat just started melting off. My confidence increased, and I started believing in myself.
Because of the way his woe has changed my life, I decided to go to medical school so that I can help others change their lives.
Thank you Dr. Atkins. You have given me a new life filled with hope and happiness. After losing all that fat, I feel like I can do anything now.
You will be missed, but I know that you are in a better place now. THANK YOU for everything.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysc
I truly believe that Dr Atkins will live on in each and every one of us. It's a rare person that touches so many lives - and whose ideas do so much good for so many.

I have only admiration for someone that "sticks to their guns" while being told their ideas are wrong for some 30-odd years. How ironic that he leaves us now - at a time in which so many are changing their way of thinking and are now supporting his ideas. I think it's a true example of every life having a purpose.

Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins
243(reached 04/24/03)
236(reached 05/23/03)
227(reached 06/05/03)-c'mon 225!!
225/(afraid to weigh! *LOL*)
220!!! (reached 06/24/03)
207 (reached 07/18/03)
199 (reached 08/09/03)
163 (reached 11/09/03)
137 goal weight - hit 133 today!!! **YIPPEE** Thank You KIMMER!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #289
Hekate

Gallery: Hekate
He saved my life. I will always remember him as a person who questioned the establishment and didn't follow the pack blindly.

Thank you Dr. Atkins. You will be missed.

Old 04-30-2003, 05:12 AM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sweetness43
God has gained himself a true angel.. Dr. Atkins will most definitely be remembered throughout the world and especially in my eyes.. for without him I would never have achieved my weight loss goals.. Rest In Peace
Old 04-30-2003, 07:23 AM   #291
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: easybeeze
Stats: /
FYI

Memorial Service for Dr. Atkins

The memorial service to honor Dr. Robert C. Atkins will be held on Friday May 9th from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in New York City. Anyone interested in attending must call 212-288-3500. Tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Details regarding the location of the service will be on your ticket
Old 05-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: damifino
Stats: 208/158/160
Start Date: 3/1/02
Thank you, Dr. A.

You will be remembered by many as a life saver and inspiration.

bye..
Old 05-01-2003, 05:11 PM   #293
Iluvcats

Gallery: Iluvcats
I would not have the knowledge to keep myself healthy and thin if it was not for you... Love ya, mean it!!!

Old 05-01-2003, 05:12 PM   #294
Iluvcats

Gallery: Iluvcats
Quote:
Originally posted by kellysc
I truly believe that Dr Atkins will live on in each and every one of us. It's a rare person that touches so many lives - and whose ideas do so much good for so many.

I have only admiration for someone that "sticks to their guns" while being told their ideas are wrong for some 30-odd years. How ironic that he leaves us now - at a time in which so many are changing their way of thinking and are now supporting his ideas. I think it's a true example of every life having a purpose.

Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins

AMEN !!!!

Old 05-02-2003, 09:33 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fawnmarie
Start Date: October 2008
Thank you for showing me how to take my life back.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #296
abracat9

Gallery: abracat9
Dr ATkins is now an ANGEL

DR Atkins will ALWAYS be my Angel now..

He has saved my life and that of countless others. GOD receive him with OPEN ARMS and give him his wings!

:)

Old 05-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #297
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Sugar Patrol
Stats: 163.2/134.6/135
WOE: Isocaloric
Start Date: 1/1/03
It took me a long time to get up the will to post on this board. I mean, what can you say about a man who has done so much for so many. Words can't express my deep gratitude for Dr. Atkins and his work.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: yellowstoner
Stats: 243/230/205
WOE: Low carb, moderate fat
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 03-17-08
My mother-in-law dated Dr. A...

...when they both lived in Ohio many years ago, before he moved to New York. It's so sad and ironic that she has struggled with her weight her entire adult life, when she personally knew the man who had the answer. Every once in a while she will go on a fruit and rice diet and drop a lot of weight. But it always returns with her old eating habits. And I am afraid that she has finally given up trying--if only she would be willing to read and follow the Atkins WOE, but she is convinced it is not for her.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:00 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DarlinLaurie
Stats: 285 / 265 / 155
WOE: Low Carb - Low Fat
Start Date: December 10, 2003
It's always sad when a man's life has come full circle upon itself. Both for those whom he has touched and those whom he was never able to. However, Dr. Atkins is a man who will continue to touch the lives of people far beyond his mortal life through the work that he leaves behind.

Such a wonderful person never actually dies. He just moves on to another place.

My thoughts of strength to his loved ones.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:44 AM   #300
Starryskize

Gallery: Starryskize
My sincere sympathy for the family of Dr. Atkins...

I know he must have been very proud to help so many on this earth with a problem that is overwhelming for most!

My heart goes out to you and I have said my prayers for the family and loved ones that will miss him dearly.

My thanks to Dr. Atkins for all he has done to help and save so many!

God Bless!