Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I love it. You can bring colors in in accessories. I love neutral.

Vicki, I can't remember if Yvonne was posting when you were here or not. I think she was. Anyway, she moved back to England for a while because her mom is ill and she is visiting for a couple of weeks and I haven't seen her since she got in 2 days ago. I'm so excited to see her. We are going to the Tampa theater where Roger & I went before Christmas. It's a historic theater and the architecture is fabulous. We are going to see the Artist which is a silent movie. It has been nominated for a lot of awards.

Linda, I agree with you about Liz's paint jobs, very elegant. I do remember Yvonne, I wondered what happened to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
I had a major graze-a-thon yesterday. Today is a new day and I will stick to 3 scheduled meals and a snack.
Was this a stress related thing Liz? Hang in there, we are all going to get back on track. It's the New Year right? Time for a new start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Good morning and Happy New Year!! It's 2012!!!

I think we need to start a new thread for the new year. The purpose of this thread when I started it...oh, like 4 years ago, has changed so I think we need a new theme. Ideas anyone???? We've all been at this for a long time, most of us have been to goal and have struggled with maintaining (although none of us have gained it all back--yay us!!) and although we all want to lose I think we are all far enough into this to know that it's not just about losing lbs but it's more importantly about figuring out what changes we need to make in our lives so that we can work toward permanent changes....so does that spark any ideas for anyone??

So for January it's all about nutrition and really getting back to consistent healthy eating. I'm going to work hard to not get focused on losing, if I'm eating right and taking care of myself the weight will go when it's time. I've been thinking about the last few years when I've experimented a lot with different types of eating, and also thinking over my lifetime of dieting, and I think I have isolated the things that are in common with what works for me (as far as really feeling good) and what doesn't work for me--which are the plans where I may have lost weight but didn't keep it off, felt crappy doing it, etc. Anyway, I could go on and on with this topic and where my brain has been with it over the last few months but bottom line I am re-reading parts of the Diet Cure, Mood Cure and the Blood Type Diet and will be taking my lead from those sources---but of course as always tweaking it to make it fit for me! I've been working my way more and more towards that style of eating for the last year---now it's time to go all the way....but of course one step at a time.

Well, enough rambling for this morning. I'll be awaiting any ideas you ladies have for a name for our new thread and will get it started later today.
I agree Teresa, a new name for a new year. Titles that come to mind: Do-Overs; A New Me; Balancing Act . . . I don't know, let's see what others come up with. I too am more concerned about what I put into my body, how I feel and where my food comes from. However, I have to admit, weight loss is also a goal. I am detoxing as you know and the new issue of Whole Living has a 28 day detox plan that not only included a food plan and reintroduction of foods but also yoga exercises etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynx8467 View Post
Good morning Teresa. I woke up feeling such a peace this morning. Not exactly sure why. I didn't eat well yesterday and the scales were not my friend but still the same I feel like 2012 will be a new beginning for me and my family. New home, new outlook on life and a REnewed lifestyle for eating.

No more starting over. I actually looked in the mirror this morning and saw a beautiful face staring back at me. It has taken me so long to love myself. I really never thought I would get to that point, but win or lose, right or wrong, fat or skinny I realize that I am beautiful.

Happy new year everyone. Today is about NEW BEGINNINGS AND OLD ENDINGS!!!
I am right there with you Jen.

We went out to eat last night and I am beginning to hate eating out. I ordered a Southwestern Chicken breast with sauteed veggies and a baked potato. The chicken breast was not "real" chicken of course. I don't mean processed but probably that boneless, skinless breast chunk you find in a bag. Those definitely have a different texture and taste.

The veggies looked and tasted awful. The broccoli was a sickly Army green, not the vibrant green and there was a ton of seasoning on it. All the veggies were way overcooked. I returned it and they brought out a second helping without the seasoning. It 'looked' better, but when I bit into them, they were cold in the center. They had just dumped frozen Calif. mix blend of veggies in pan with oil.

Now, on to the baked potato, they brought out sour cream and 'butter'. Of course, the 'butter' was some kind of margarine (I didn't dare ask for real butter because I knew what the answer was going to be) and the sour cream had an odd taste, probably low fat! So, all I ate last night was a few bites of the chicken and the inside of the potato. I would have eaten the skin, but after I removed the foil it looked like the potato hadn't been scrubbed.

So, even though I had decided to break my "fasting detox" I was totally disappointed in the meal. Thankfully, what little I did eat, probably didn't do a whole lot of damage.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Just popping in to say Happy New Year. Last night was fun and today Roger & I spent the day together. We didn't do much although we did go to a movie but one of my goals this years is making connections and that starts with God and then Roger.

I really like the balance theme. I like the idea of starting a new thread. How about Connect, balance and strengthen your resolve. Just a thought.

I wish I could say I was exactly on plan but I wasn't prepared today and needed to go to Sam's to stock up on things and went after church but forgot it was New Year's Day and it was closed. I did OK today until we got out of the movies and I was hungry and it was 7pm so we ordered Chinese and I had a pint of pork fried rice. then I got a sweet craving and ate a large square of unsweetened chocolate with a little choc almond mild and peanut butter with walnuts melted together. Guys, please pray for me. I HAVE to get a roll going here. I asked my partner to teach our spinning class on Saturday even though it was my day because it's getting so hard to do. I teach tomorrow and am not looking forward to it. I don't want to have to give up teaching

Sorry for not doing personals. I'm just tired right now but I will say Jenn I hope you feel better.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Good morning, did I miss the new thread?? I like what Jenn said NEW BEGINNINGS AND OLD ENDINGS.

Planning for a good day.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning!

Thanks for the ideas on thread names. I see a lot of the same theme running through all of them, as well as Jen's comment about a renewed lifestyle and new beginnings. I'm going to have to think on it and see if there is a way to put them all together or sum them up.

Liz---any thoughts on a name??

Jen---
Quote:
Good morning Teresa. I woke up feeling such a peace this morning. Not exactly sure why. I didn't eat well yesterday and the scales were not my friend but still the same I feel like 2012 will be a new beginning for me and my family. New home, new outlook on life and a REnewed lifestyle for eating.

No more starting over. I actually looked in the mirror this morning and saw a beautiful face staring back at me. It has taken me so long to love myself. I really never thought I would get to that point, but win or lose, right or wrong, fat or skinny I realize that I am beautiful.

Happy new year everyone. Today is about NEW BEGINNINGS AND OLD ENDINGS!!!
I am so happy to hear all of this out of you---AMEN sister!!

Vicki--oh, I agree, weight loss is a goal here too. For me right now I think I just have to get away from thinking about it all the time (yep, I'm a bit obsessive! ) and get myself focused on the health part of it all for awhile, then maybe I'll find my mojo. I think after really trying this fall to lose, and failing, I'm very off my 'game' and just need to get grounded again.

Linda--- if you listen really close, I bet He has already given you the answer and strength. It's the listening part that I always struggle with.

WI 159.4 so back to the pre-Christmas bloat weight but now I need to lose the pre-pre-Christmas fat weight! Oh wait--my goal is to not focus on that so instead it's onward with eating healthy and trying to figure out what works the best for me in regards to feeling good. I really need to get my energy levels back up, so I'm going to try to be really mindful of what seems to help and hinder that. Also I am working today on drinking more water. That used to be a no brainer for me but since eating more carbs I have found I crave water less. Add to that it's cold and I want to drink tea more... So today in addition to tea I will make sure I drink at least 1 pitcher (guessing it's 2 quarts...one of those Brita pitchers) of water.

OK...started this a couple of hours ago and didn't realize I never hit submit until I clicked on this window. BBL
Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Ha ha---great minds think alike Linda--I also like the New Beginnings idea! No new thread yet....still thinking. But it will be up before the day is over and I'll leave a link here.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Good morning, did I miss the new thread?? I like what Jenn said NEW BEGINNINGS AND OLD ENDINGS.

Planning for a good day.
I like this: New Beginnings and Old Endings too. Maybe we could start a new thread every month or quarterly? That way we won't be restarted by the moderators LOL.

I have been more in tune with what I put into my mouth since starting a LC way of eating. In fact, I have evolved into becoming more aware of where my food comes from. I don't eat processed foods too much anymore and fix most meals from "scratch". I have been eating free range chicken and eggs and have a quarter of grass fed beef on order. I have also been reading more and more about raw food, vegetarianism, flexitarianism, and veganism. The basis of most of these is plant based food. Therefore, I am thinking that since I still eat meat at this time, I could call myself a flexitarianism.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-02-2012 at 08:29 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Good morning all. Last day off before going back to work. Lots to do today to get ready for the week. I will check back later. Have a great day all.

vicki sorry about the eating out. I can relate tho. Ugh!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
If a new thread is started, will this thread end? I'm just begining my journey and I have 100+ to lose.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Amy, this thread will end but come along with us to the new one. So glad you joined us. You are probably the breath of fresh air this group needs.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's the link to the new thread:

New Beginnings--Finding a Balance in 2012

Amy--welcome aboard! Please do join us! We are just coming up with a new name for our thread this year---see above and come on over!

Vicki---
Quote:
You are probably the breath of fresh air this group needs
does this mean we are stale air?!?

We can definitely do a monthly or quarterly thread....I like the idea of monthly.

OK--flexitarianism is a new term to me going to go and check that one out.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen---what a cute picture--are those your grandkids??
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #192
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Indomitable Amy
Stats: 240/240/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 4/16/2012
Thank you! I will definitely join you guys! This is exactly what I've needed. DH is coming along for the ride but I really need more support.