Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
There is some interesting information from the author of potatoes not prozac.
I can't post a link because they sell things but do a search for "radiant recovery"
There is a section on sugar sensitivity that looks really interesting

I need to go run some errands
I'll try to check back later

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone,
I got into the cheesecake in the middle of the night. Roger has been asking me to make this cheesecake for over 10 years now, no lie. I decided that being that I didn't get him much for Christmas that I would do this for him. Big mistake though because it is what kept me from staying on plan and also called me last night. I opened the tupperware container that had individual slices cut up and I looked at them and just said that I knew 1 would lead to 2 and then what would happen tomorrow night? Would I eat more then? So I quickly closed the container and went to bed. I didn't eat the potato because it was only about 1 1/2 hr. after dinner. So, in the middle of the night I got up and ate 2 pieces of cheesecake (Roger was in the computer room). But I got up again in the middle of the night and he was sleeping so I went to the frig and lo and behold the container was GONE. So I figured he went to get a piece and saw that I got into it. I knew he didn't eat them all because he just doesn't do that. So he either threw them away which I was pretty sure he didn't do so I went to the computer room to look for them but decided that he might hear me so I went back to bed. So this morning I went to put some laundry in the washer before I went to work and when I went to push the clothes down I felt something hard. It was the TUPPERWARE CONTAINER I quickly put it in the frig. and left for work.

I HAVE to stay away because this morning the scale said 179 the highest weight I've been since I lost all my weight.

Teresa, I hear you on the sugar. And Liz I hear you too. It's not the tsp. or 2 of sugar in food that will set me off. But in large quantities I just want more and more.

Liz, have a good time tonight.

My goals right now are to focus on getting back on a food plan that helps me reach my goals. I also need to focus on not getting so stressed out over EVERYTHING. I'll come up with a game plan to achieve these goals soon.
Lost 100 pounds, my story

Last edited by DENMW; 12-27-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 12-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning!

Linda---so you found it in the washing machine? Does that mean Roger put it in there or did you put it there and forget? I hope your day went well and that darn cheesecake didn't 'call' you anymore! If it's still around, maybe toss it or make Roger eat it or take it to work or something? In case you ever decide to make him a cheesecake again, you can buy a tiny little springform pan to make a miniture one in, might be much safer!

I'm the same with sugar. I can eat small amounts in things that are not treats--such as sauces, ketchup, etc. but something where sugar is the main player---that's a huge 'no no' for me!

Liz---OK, so last night while I was making dinner I cooked a sweet potato with the intent of having 1/2 last night before bed and 1/2 tonight....however it looked/smelled so good I ended up eating it for dinner! Oh well, I still have so much carb build up in me from the weekend that I'll probably sleep like a log (which I did last night) for the next couple of nights without it. So I'll try it again this weekend and do my best not to eat it until before bedtime!

So how was the Chinese? My experience with the authentic stuff is it's nothing at all like the American version. Lots of veggies and rice and tiny bits of meat--and no syrupy sauces or breaded/deep fried anything---so hopefully that was your experience as well. So what kinds of middle eastern treats did you bring? Count me in as another non-lover of baklava! I also hate turkish delights. I'm trying to think of other treats I've had from that part of the world...it seems like a lot of them have that same base that the turkish delights do and for whatever reason that stuff gags me.

As far as goals....I need to think on that. In 2011 I sucked at meeting any of my goals so I need to figure out something different. Kind of like you're wanting to let go of the guilt around eating---I think there are underlying things I need to deal with first in order to meet some of my goals like losing weight, consistently eating healthy, dealing with emotional eating, etc. Just not exactly sure what that is yet....??? But by this weekend I'll try to come up with something, at least a place to start.

As far as eating better and moving more--I'm with you, that starts now! I hate feeling crappy and I really hate when I don't feel comfortable in my clothes.

Jen---where are you??

Slimmin---did we lose you already??
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all,

I had an emotional day yesterday after I got the mail. I received an adoption planning guide (which I requested). It is the first tentative step in a long and scary process. The fear of the unknown, the fear that we won't be chosen (like being picked last to play on a team) and a pile of fresh grief over our many losses. I'm not sure what to do...I feel a bit lost. I guess my next step is to seek out some resources for information/help.
I got such an intense urge/need to eat while looking through the guide.
I ate 2 cups of greek yogurt with 4tbsp of PB It made me feel better.
PB is so thick and sticky maybe it fixed the hole in my heart

Fortunately I didn't have long to swim in PB. I had to get ready for our dinner with some of DH's colleagues. I met some really nice and interesting people.

The food was good. She cooked a couple of dishes with tofu (which I can't really eat) and a shrimp stir fry. She made me want to run out and buy a wok to stir fry veggies. I'm oven roasting most veggies now but for the summer I'm thinking a wok would work out well. Plus I like it when the veggies are still a bit crispy.
Most of the food was catered. Very good sushi and a ton of fried foods (which I avoided).
I didn't eat much but enjoyed meeting & visiting with the people.

TERESA.... on the sweet potato. I've done the same thing with the sweet potato so I've learned to bake several at once
I'm glad you slept well
Quote:
So what kinds of middle eastern treats did you bring? Count me in as another non-lover of baklava! I also hate turkish delights. I'm trying to think of other treats I've had from that part of the world...it seems like a lot of them have that same base that the turkish delights do and for whatever reason that stuff gags me.
some kind of cookie with dates/nuts things. To me the cookie part always tastes dry and lacks flavor. The other people seemed to love the baklava

Quote:
Kind of like you're wanting to let go of the guilt around eating---I think there are underlying things I need to deal with first in order to meet some of my goals like losing weight, consistently eating healthy, dealing with emotional eating, etc. Just not exactly sure what that is yet....??? But by this weekend I'll try to come up with something, at least a place to start
sounds good. I need to come up with some strategies to help me resist turning to food for comfort.

Are you still wearing the pedometer?

LINDA... hang in there! It can and will get better.
What food plan were you following after your surgery? Didn't you do really well with that for months?
I hope you find some relief from the anxiety/stress

VICKI & JEN... I hope you both had a wonderful holiday and get time to come back and post!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I had a good Christmas and ate a bunch of crap. Today is day 2 of a precleanse of a detox I am doing. Tomorrow is the 3rd precleanse day and then on to 5 days of juice fast followed by a post cleanse day. I hope I can keep it up. I didn't weigh myself, but I should be able to tell how clothes fit and how I feel.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone,
Liz, I'm praying for God to give you direction and keep you peaceful about the adoption and all your losses. You have been through so much but I know God has a plan for you to have children as he says He'll give us the desires of our heart and you still have that desire for children. Lots of love, hugs and prayers being sent your way.

Teresa, sounds like we are all in the same boat with our eating so thanks for bringing up what strategies we will all develop to get out of this. Let's all share so we can learn from each other.

Vicki, don't look back. You can do it. You've done it before. Good luck with your fast/detox. I know you want to undo what you've done and get a jump start with the fast but keep a healthy foodplan menu in the wings so that when you decide to end the fast that you have an easy transition.

Liz, thanks for the reminder of the foodplan I used after surgery. Basically, I followed a cardiac diet and logged my food into ***********. I did really well doing that for some time. I ate 4-6 meals a day depending on whether I exercised or not. The main thing was logging in my food ahead of time because it forced me to plan ahead and be prepared. That is a real key for me. So, thanks for the reminder. I am still planning on doing the potato but have not replaced my microwave yet and am too lazy to use the oven.

So today, I will jump over to *********** when I finish here and log in my food for the day and preplan. If I make any changes, I will correct it at the end of the day. I will also start my day with some devotion time and also get in exercise today. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it no matter what.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! It's Thursday, and it's going to be 54 degrees here today!!

Vicki--I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Are your kids still there? How's the knee? So is a juice fast just that---only juice?? Yikes!! Sounds rough but I'm guessing it would be good for the system and help to drop some water weight.

Liz---
Quote:
I had an emotional day yesterday after I got the mail. I received an adoption planning guide (which I requested). It is the first tentative step in a long and scary process. The fear of the unknown, the fear that we won't be chosen (like being picked last to play on a team) and a pile of fresh grief over our many losses. I'm not sure what to do...I feel a bit lost. I guess my next step is to seek out some resources for information/help.
and more I'm sure this has to stir up a million emotions for you. On the flip side--I'm really excited for you! Have you checked on line for resources? Interestingly I was just looking at meetup.com (I don't think they sell anything there so hopefully I'm not violating any rules) yesterday and I noticed they had a local group for people who have adopted and those who are looking to adopt---I bet there is one in your area as well.

Quote:
I got such an intense urge/need to eat while looking through the guide.
I ate 2 cups of greek yogurt with 4tbsp of PB It made me feel better.
PB is so thick and sticky maybe it fixed the hole in my heart
Well, it doesn't sound like you did too bad to me. However, I can tell you that no amount of pb will ever fix the hole in your heart...or at least it hasn't mine. But it is yummy!

Glad you had a good time with the new friends. I have a wok...I only use it for deep frying!

I do still wear my pedometer. I have a little health group here at work during the 4th quarter where we have goals, little challenges, etc. and one of them is to walk X amount of steps per day so I have been wearing it religiously cause I need all the points I can get!!

I should have tried the sweet potato thing last night---I woke up at 3:30am and could not get back to sleep. So I will be getting some potatoes ready tonight. I did look up the aminos in sweet potatoes vs white potatoes and they look like they have about the same amount of tryptophan. Since I still have a ton of winter squash I'm going to look those up too and see if they might do the trick---I love me some roasted squash---even cold.

Unfortunately my day is packed today at work but tomorrow is looking pretty empty on my calendar!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning Linda! I'm all for sharing strategies...if I can figure out some! I agree planning is key---when I go more than a couple of days winging it, I get in all kinds of trouble. Hope you have a successful day!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, so here's my daily totals for today from ***********. They look much nicer there but just posting here for accountability. This is my plan and I'm stickin' to it.

Breakfast
Calories Fat Protein Fiber, total dietary Sodium, Na Cholesterol
All whites, 0.5 cup 60 0 12 0 190 0
Castlewood Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, 1 serving 50 3 7 0 100 10
Coconut Oil (Nutiva Organic Extra virgin), 0.33 tbsp 40 5 0 0 0 0
Apples, fresh, 1 large (3-1/4" dia) (approx 2 per lb) 125 0 0 6 0 0
Black coffee, 16 oz 10 0 0 0 0 0
Meal Totals 285 7 19 6 290 10
Lunch
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp 119 14 0 0 0 0
Chicken Breast, no skin, 4 ounces 125 1 26 0 74 66
Cucumber (peeled), 0.25 cup, pared, chopped 4 0 0 0 1 0
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 3 cup, shredded 24 0 3 3 13 0
Tomatoes, 0.25 cup cherry tomatoes 8 0 0 0 3 0
Yellow Peppers (bell peppers), 0.25 pepper 13 0 0 0 1 0
Wheat Germ, 2 tbsp 50 1 4 2 0 0
Meal Totals 342 17 34 6 92 66
Dinner
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp 119 14 0 0 0 0
Romaine Lettuce (salad), 4 cup, shredded 31 0 4 4 18 0
Sweet potato, cooked, baked in skin, 1 large 162 0 4 6 65 0
Tomatoes 0.33 cup cherry tomatoes 10 0 0 1 4 0
Yellow Peppers 0.25 pepper, large 13 0 0 0 1 0
Lentils, 0.12 cup 28 0 2 2 0 0
Cabbage, Cooked, 1.5 cup 51 0 3 3 18 0
lean ground beef, Publix 93/7, 4 oz 170 8 23 0 70 65
Coconut Oil (Nutiva Organic Extra virgin), 1 tbsp 120 14 0 0 0 0
365 Organic Quinoa, 0.12 cup 77 1 3 1 5 0
Meal Totals 781 38 39 17 181 65
Snack
Baked Potato, with skin, 1 large 278 0 7 7 30 0
Meal Totals 278 0 7 7 30 0

None
Daily Totals 1,686 62 100 35 593 141

Export Data To File
Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey ladies,

Thank you both so much for the kind words, hugs and prayers. I really appreciate having a place to vent.

TERESA...thanks for mentioning meetups! I didn't find an adoption group (although that was an excellent idea) but I may find a group to meet people here in town:jump joy: Are there any groups in your area that you've checked out?

I have checked online for adoption resources and the response is staggering. Way too many choices and I'm not sure which are trust worthy. I think we may seek the advice of an attorney on how to proceed.

How many steps/points are you doing daily on the pedometer?
Did you ever get your Wii fit hooked up???? I'm still waiting for a review (***taps foot impatiently***)
Have you used any of the other Wii stuff? Didn't you have zumba?

Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I hope tonight goes better.
I have used cold roasted butternut squash as a pm snack and it seemed to work just as well as the potatoes. I think the thing is that it needs to be a healthy carb without protein.

LINDA...your menu looks very tasty, filling and healthy!
Do you mix the quinoa with lentils? Is that a casserole type dish for dinner??? I love all of the ingredients but can't figure out how you would combine them.

VICKI...good luck on the juice fast. I hope you have great success.

My menu:
B: greek yogurt, 14g walnuts, 1/2cup froz raspberries, cup almond milk
L: romaine lettuce, orange bell pepper, goat cheese, wine roasted chicken breast, 1/2 cup greek yogurt with cinnamon
S: turkey meatballs with tomato sauce on shirataki noodles, greek yogurt with PB
snack: 1/2 sweet potato
Old 12-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

I am doing a colon cleanse that includes a "juice" fast. I am taking some "laxative" capsules and a toxin absorber daily. Tomorrow when I begin the fast, I am to drink organic apple juice or a vegetable broth made with only organic veggies and filtered water. I am also to drink water throughout the day. I am hoping this will rid me of the yeast I have.

My military son is still here, he spent the last 3 nights at my place and of course was out with friends. We went to the movie We Bought A Zoo and he rented Limitless. He is now on his way to visit his brother in ND. That son was home for a week with his long distance gf whom he met on a Christian dating site. This was the 2nd time they had seen each other f2f and he proposed!

For the past several days I have been organizing and cleaning. I have taken two van loads to the Goodwill and will probably haul another few boxes before going back to work. Hence, the knee is doing pretty good. It was a week on Tuesday and I have full function pretty much without any pain for the most part.

I had better go and get cleaned up, I haven't yet since I started in on organizing etc. I burned out my paper shredder too.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 12-29-2011 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I blew it already so I'm fessing up now to get it out there so I don't continue thru the night. I was hungry at 4pm and I had some Terra chips left from yesterday and finished the bag. I ate a sandwich with it and I will make that my dinner but then I had a square of unsweetened chocolated melted with stevia I changed my food in *********** and will still have the potato tonight but calories for the day now are just over 2000 I learned a lesson though that in the past I have had a 4pm optional snack planned that a nutrtionist advised me to have. So, I'm not letting this set me off further.

Liz, the lentils & quinoa came from whole foods, It was a lentil quinoa tabboulie no oil salad, just lentils, quinoa,tomatoes, lemon juice, onions, parsley salt & pepper.

Vicki, glad your knee is doing better. Don 't overdo it.

Last edited by DENMW; 12-29-2011 at 03:04 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
I blew it already so I'm fessing up now to get it out there so I don't continue thru the night. I was hungry at 4pm and I had some Terra chips left from yesterday and finished the bag. I ate a sandwich with it and I will make that my dinner but then I had a square of unsweetened chocolated melted with stevia I changed my food in *********** and will still have the potato tonight but calories for the day now are just over 2000 I learned a lesson though that in the past I have had a 4pm optional snack planned that a nutrtionist advised me to have. So, I'm not letting this set me off further.

Liz, the lentils & quinoa came from whole foods, It was a lentil quinoa tabboulie no oil salad, just lentils, quinoa,tomatoes, lemon juice, onions, parsley salt & pepper.

Vicki, glad your knee is doing better. Don 't overdo it.
Linda...You didn't blow it...you just ate your dinner early.

Don't let yourself get dragged down into negativity because your day was not "perfect". You can still have a good day!

WTG on not letting it continue and coming here to post.

I think an optional 4pm snack is a great idea.

That lentil quinoa tabboulie sounds amazing! I'll have to get some for DH...thanks for the info
Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
Linda...You didn't blow it...you just ate your dinner early.

Don't let yourself get dragged down into negativity because your day was not "perfect". You can still have a good day!

WTG on not letting it continue and coming here to post.

I think an optional 4pm snack is a great idea.

That lentil quinoa tabboulie sounds amazing! I'll have to get some for DH...thanks for the info
Thanks Lizyou are right. I will not let that ruin my day. I even just went out for a little walk. It was not a long walk or a power walk, just enough to get out of the house and move, probably only 15 minutes. That, too, is progress. I thought of the saying "move a muscle, change a thought". I feel great right now and will have my spud later
Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies! It's Friday before a long weekend---yay! And it's going to be 56 and sunny here tomorrow--double yay!!

Liz---too bad on not finding an adoption group through meetup. If you will be attending a church in your area that might be another good place to check. The minister/pastor/etc. would probably know of others in the congregation who have adopted and could maybe even recommend other organizations in the community. I would think local hospitals/clinics might also be another avenue. A lawyer would also be good just for all the legalities and assuming you will use one that specializes in adoption they could steer you to all kinds of resources I would assume.

I haven't plunged into joining any of the groups yet that I found interesting on meetup but there are a couple I want to look into. Right now I'm just doing 'homework' for my New Years goals.

For our health club we get 1 point daily for 5000 steps and then there are personal goals and other add ons where steps might be involved. We tried 10,000 steps last year and most people couldn't/didn't do it so we lowered it this year. I usually up it to 8-10 thousand for my personal goal. We also have all kinds of other little goals--always taking the stairs, drinking x amount of water, working out, etc. My team has either lost or been second to last every week. And the losers have to do all kinds of things that aren't fun---such as singing and acting out "I'm a little teapot" in front of the whole group!

Wii Fit---I was hoping you wouldn't ask for a few more days!! Nope, was going to do it the weekend before Christmas but didn't and haven't had the time since. I do have the Wii hooked up and have been doing the Zumba but haven't done it at all this week. Honestly, I don't really like it. I think this is one of those things I would need to take a few classes in person to get it down before doing it on my own. But I try to do a couple of segments (they're really short) and it definitely gets my heart rate up. Anyway--I'm not going to make any promises to get the Wii Fit set up this weekend....but since exercise/activity will probably be part of my New Years goals then I had really better get it done!!

Vicki--yay on the knee feeling better already---that is great!! Wow, he proposed, how exciting!! Did she say yes?? Did they set a date? I take it she doesn't live in ND, where does she live and where do they plan to live after getting married? Have you met her? What do you think? Hmmm, lots of questions but that's really exciting!!

Linda---well, there was no sugar involved in your 'I blew it' moment and no binging so I call that a huge victory! And I don't know what your maintenance cals are but I'm guessing you didn't go over those---so for me I always consider that a victory as well. How did the rest of your evening go? Good job on getting out of the house and likely out of your 'head' and getting in a nice little walk. Although I count walking as exercise, I think the real benefits for me a lot of the time is not about the cals burned but the time away from it all, just for me.

Well, so here is my 'confession' for yesterday! I said I was not going to participate in any of the food events here this week....and I did good until yesterday. Lunch was boneless 'wings' from BWW and dessert was cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite place in the world! ). I wasn't going to eat either but I was in meetings until 1pm and when I got out I was starving and too lazy to go get my lunch and fix it---so I ate 8 of the breaded sauced up 'wings' and a few sweet potato and carrot chips. But---I did not have cheesecake even though I was the one that cut them up and had to look at them and handle them for about 15 minutes! The funny thing is with the 'wings' was that I wasn't so worried about the carbs, cals, etc. I just knew it was way more protein than I needed! Interesting how my perspectives have changed about what is good for me---not that breading is good for me but less of an evil than excess protein seems to be. Oh well, all in all it wasn't too bad of a deviation for me. Had I had the cheesecake, I would be off in pig out or binge land, instead I felt fine. Today we are having bagels and cream cheese but I will be abstaining.

Oh, and I have a bad cold---AGAIN!!! 5 years of no colds/viruses/etc. and now 2 in 2 months, and both after a lot of sugar intake....think there is a connection? Although I have had periods of much worse eating and never got sick, so I do wonder what is going on with my immune system. Guess it's just another reminder that if I don't want to feel like crap, I need to eat healthy.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post

Well, so here is my 'confession' for yesterday! I said I was not going to participate in any of the food events here this week....and I did good until yesterday. Lunch was boneless 'wings' from BWW and dessert was cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (my favorite place in the world! ). I wasn't going to eat either but I was in meetings until 1pm and when I got out I was starving and too lazy to go get my lunch and fix it---so I ate 8 of the breaded sauced up 'wings' and a few sweet potato and carrot chips. But---I did not have cheesecake even though I was the one that cut them up and had to look at them and handle them for about 15 minutes! The funny thing is with the 'wings' was that I wasn't so worried about the carbs, cals, etc. I just knew it was way more protein than I needed! Interesting how my perspectives have changed about what is good for me---not that breading is good for me but less of an evil than excess protein seems to be. Oh well, all in all it wasn't too bad of a deviation for me. Had I had the cheesecake, I would be off in pig out or binge land, instead I felt fine. Today we are having bagels and cream cheese but I will be abstaining.

Oh, and I have a bad cold---AGAIN!!! 5 years of no colds/viruses/etc. and now 2 in 2 months, and both after a lot of sugar intake....think there is a connection? Although I have had periods of much worse eating and never got sick, so I do wonder what is going on with my immune system. Guess it's just another reminder that if I don't want to feel like crap, I need to eat healthy.
Excellent job on resisting the cheesecake We all know how I feel about cheesecake It's about progress and not perfection so yay for you. I'm sorry you are sick. You'll have 3 days off soon so just hang in there and hopefully you will get to enjoy the weekend.

I started out my day with a good breakfast and plan to stay on track today. Need to go do my devotions and then get busy around the house. I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Ok blew it, fixed it, blew it again and fixed again. Down to 200.4 today and back on plan. My goal for this week is to check in every day. BBL
Old 12-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Jennifer, glad to see you back.

Linda, I know you can get back in to the swing of things. Hang in there. I am hoping that cheering you on will do the same for me.

Liz, I wish you luck with the adoption process. Just curious, why would someone be denied? I remember reading the Potato not Prozac book, man that was many years ago too. One of those "diets" that didn't last of course. I made baked potatoes for Christmas supper because we grilled out steaks, I also made garlic bread and of course we had salad. There were several potatoes left and I savored every one of them for a couple of days later. Tasted so good. I hadn't had one in quite some time.

Teresa, WTG on passing up the cheesecake. I have eaten at Cheesecake Factory a long time ago and frankly can't remember what the cheesecake was like other than one slice could serve 4 people!!

My son's GF said yes. They are both still in school and will graduate next December. She is in Florida so that is where the wedding will take place. She said she would just like to go to JP and not have all of the hoopla, but her family will want a wedding. Although, it won't be an extravagant one. She is really nice and I like her, the problem will be the distance.

So far today of my toxic absorber and liquids hasn't gone too bad. I am a bit tired, but I am not sure if that is due to what I am NOT eating or what I have done over the past several days. Since fiance' moved in, I have been organizing and tossing and taking stuff to Goodwill. I took 2 van loads earlier this week.

I still have a few more days off before I have to go back to work.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I took a pix of my kitchen area to show the difference paint can make.
It was originally the reddish color. Now it is a neutral....probably too neutral. I'm planning to do some type of window treatments to add some color

The red looked good there, IMO. The problem was the other rooms ...way too much red.

Let me see if I can attach the photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l7a926743-c5m.jpg (18.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0012.jpg (33.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My pix are awful! I just got a new iphone and need practice.

here is the keeping room before and after..... I think the neutral looks much better in here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (20.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg l7a926743-c1m.jpg (16.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does anyone have plans for New Year's?

I'm trying to talk myself down from a food splurge (ya know I gotta get in a pig-out and start over with the new year) DH is really pushing to go to a pizza buffet
Not even good pizza...cici's. I've read that they do a low carb pizza thing with just toppings and cheese. I guess I could do that if he really wants to go

VICKI...congrats on your son's engagement! :jump joy:
Quote:
Liz, I wish you luck with the adoption process. Just curious, why would someone be denied?
thanks! I'm just learning about the whole process so I'm not sure on the denial. Obvious stuff like mental illness, alcohol/drug problems, financial instability etc are not a factor for us (thankfully). My concern is re. infant adoption. The birth parents pick the family who will adopt. My main worry is our age. From what I've read most will pick families that are in their 20's - early 30's.

WTG on organizing and donating stuff!

JEN...howdy!

LINDA...how's it going?

TERESA....that really sucks that you have another cold I hope you feel better.

Thanks for the suggestions for finding adoption resources. I appreciate it.

WTG on passing up cheesecake
Old 12-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey everybody

I took a pix of my kitchen area to show the difference paint can make.
It was originally the reddish color. Now it is a neutral....probably too neutral. I'm planning to do some type of window treatments to add some color

The red looked good there, IMO. The problem was the other rooms ...way too much red.

Let me see if I can attach the photos
Quote:
My pix are awful! I just got a new iphone and need practice.

here is the keeping room before and after..... I think the neutral looks much better in here.
Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!! I love it. You can bring colors in in accessories. I love neutral.

Well, I'm still not doing great. It could be worse, but it also could be much better. Tonight I got into the unsweetend bakers choc squares melted with peanutbutter and stevia SO, what's my plan?? Well, I thought of what you said Liz about what I did after my surgery so I went back to *********** and looked at my food logs and I'm going to recreate the days again with the meals that worked for me. They were healthy, satisfying and I was losing weight. My days were pretty much the same but I enjoyed them. I made a lot of things ahead of time too to make it easier. One thing I did was make a pot of steel cut oats in a slow cooker and cooked up some oat bran in the microwave. I added them together with oat fiber I got from netrition and put it into a plastic bowl for the week. I would eat 1 cp. of that and 1/2 cp. liquid eggwhites w/1 sl. red. fat. red sodium swiss and 1/2 cp. applesauce. It was VERY filling and satisfying and healthy. My lunch was a lowcarb tortilla w/2-3 oz. low sodium meat, 1/2 T light canola mayo, lettuce and 1 sl. cheese and raw veggies. My dinner was protein, potato, veggies and salad and my snack was 8 oz. yogurt, 1/2 cp. berries and 1/2 oz. walnuts. Anyway, that's my plan for now.

Tomorrow night Roger & I are going to meet Yvonne and her husband for dinner and a movie. Liz, she was asking about you. Vicki, I can't remember if Yvonne was posting when you were here or not. I think she was. Anyway, she moved back to England for a while because her mom is ill and she is visiting for a couple of weeks and I haven't seen her since she got in 2 days ago. I'm so excited to see her. We are going to the Tampa theater where Roger & I went before Christmas. It's a historic theater and the architecture is fabulous. We are going to see the Artist which is a silent movie. It has been nominated for a lot of awards.

Then in two weeks guess who I am going to meet????? Our low carb friend Sweetiepie (Steph). She is going to be in Sarasota and we are going to meet. Liz, I know you know Steph, Vicki, not sure. Sorry, Theresa and Jenn, I know you don't know these guys. Anyway, I am REALLY excited to meet Stephie.

I'm planning on a good day tomorrow. See ya

Last edited by DENMW; 12-30-2011 at 06:45 PM..
Old 12-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

I had a major graze-a-thon yesterday. Today is a new day and I will stick to 3 scheduled meals and a snack.

DH is off but we don't have plans to do anything this weekend. He is recovering from a bad on-call night. He didn't get any sleep. I don't know how these guys do it if they have to work the next day

LINDA....I am SO jealous that you're getting to meet Steph!!!
How long is she visiting? How is she doing?

Please tell Yvonne hello for me. I hope she is doing well. Sending many good thoughts to her and her family (Mother).
Your plans tonight sound like a lot of fun!!!

Your meals/menu sounds fantastic!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

I had a major graze-a-thon yesterday. Today is a new day and I will stick to 3 scheduled meals and a snack.

DH is off but we don't have plans to do anything this weekend. He is recovering from a bad on-call night. He didn't get any sleep. I don't know how these guys do it if they have to work the next day

LINDA....I am SO jealous that you're getting to meet Steph!!!
How long is she visiting? How is she doing?

Please tell Yvonne hello for me. I hope she is doing well. Sending many good thoughts to her and her family (Mother).
Your plans tonight sound like a lot of fun!!!

Your meals/menu sounds fantastic!
Today IS a new day for both of us. Sounds like we were both in the pasture yesterday Steph is only here for a week and part of that week I will be away so I'll only get to see her one time. I will say hello to Yvonne for you. Hopefully DH can get some rest today and you can enjoy an evening with him tonight.

I am planning on a good day with my food. As tomorrow is Jan 1 and a new begininng for all of us I thought maybe we could share some of the foods that are most satisfying to us and get some tips from each other. I'll start.

Protein:
2 HB eggs
1 93/7 Publix hamburger pattie (low in fat, calories and sodium)
1 Seapak salmonburger 340 mg. sodium, 5 gm. fat and 110 cal (you buy them in frozen section in Walmart or Publix)

Veggies:
fresh cabbage cooked in coconut oil
Asian stirfy veggies cooked in peanut oil (frozen at Sams)

Well, that's a beginning. Can you guys share some of your favorites? I have to go get in the shower now.

Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!! I have a really bad cold too. Can't breathe and have all this sinus yuck draining in my stomach sooooo sick. UGH!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning and Happy New Year!! It's 2012!!!

I think we need to start a new thread for the new year. The purpose of this thread when I started it...oh, like 4 years ago, has changed so I think we need a new theme. Ideas anyone???? We've all been at this for a long time, most of us have been to goal and have struggled with maintaining (although none of us have gained it all back--yay us!!) and although we all want to lose I think we are all far enough into this to know that it's not just about losing lbs but it's more importantly about figuring out what changes we need to make in our lives so that we can work toward permanent changes....so does that spark any ideas for anyone??

Vicki---sadly I love the CC Factory and I can and have actually eaten 2 slices of their cheesecake...all by myself. Luckily it's about 7-8 bucks a slice and right around 1500 cals per piece (for my favorite one) so those are big deterrents for me! Unfortunately because everyone knows of my love for the CCF, I currently have 4 gift cards and a thing for a free slice...YIKES!! I do love the food there also and there are lots of good choices so I'll be tying to use those gifts for good and not evil!

Liz---I love the nuetral!! You can really have fun with the decorations to bring in some color and this way you can change them around seasonally or whenever you're in the mood and not have to worry much about if they will match or not! Did you end up going for pizza?? We have Cici's here but I have never been. Even in the ads their pizza never looks that appetizing to me.

Linda---hope you had a good time last night. And you are meeting up with a LCF, how exciting! Is she still low carbing and or in some kind of weight loss mode? You should invite her to join us!

Jen---hope you feel better soon! Having a cold sucks! I went and bought some vitamin C and lemons (to put in my water) yesterday and totally doped up on both---and today I feel a million times better!!

For me for the new year---I don't know if this is exactly a resolution or not, but my goal for 2012 is to work on finding BALANCE, in all areas of my life. I've had bits and pieces of that over the last several years but it's time to really focus on that for me---I believe that will be the key to succeeding in many areas of my life. Because I'm an all or nothing person---which always leads to failure for me---this is going to be a 'one thing at a time' kind of deal. I'm going to start with nutrition and as I'm feeling more grounded in that area then work on other areas, both big and small. My plan is to introduce something new or have a new goal each month, but only after I assess the previous months goal(s) and determine if I'm ready to move on. I have tons of things in my mind that I want to do but since this is about balance I keep having to pull myself back and remind myself that starting a bunch of things at once just leads to epic failure for me---so one thing at a time, which I believe plays well into this whole balance thing I am seeking.

So for January it's all about nutrition and really getting back to consistent healthy eating. I'm going to work hard to not get focused on losing, if I'm eating right and taking care of myself the weight will go when it's time. I've been thinking about the last few years when I've experimented a lot with different types of eating, and also thinking over my lifetime of dieting, and I think I have isolated the things that are in common with what works for me (as far as really feeling good) and what doesn't work for me--which are the plans where I may have lost weight but didn't keep it off, felt crappy doing it, etc. Anyway, I could go on and on with this topic and where my brain has been with it over the last few months but bottom line I am re-reading parts of the Diet Cure, Mood Cure and the Blood Type Diet and will be taking my lead from those sources---but of course as always tweaking it to make it fit for me! I've been working my way more and more towards that style of eating for the last year---now it's time to go all the way....but of course one step at a time.

Well, enough rambling for this morning. I'll be awaiting any ideas you ladies have for a name for our new thread and will get it started later today.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and speaking of balance ...yesterday I did my health food stores 'tour' and ended up buying far more organic and 'healthy' type junk food than I need! I usually limit myself to a couple of things but I guess it was my way of 'binging' before making a change. Could have been worse I guess. I think my most interesting buy was a sunflower seed butter dark chocolate peanut butter cup like thing. Haven't tried it yet but for the price it better be good! I also found Zevia on sale for 3.49 a six pack so lets just say with my stock up from a month or so ago and yesterdays stock up, I should be set until spring!

Also yesterday was sample day at the stores and at Sams---and I think I sampled just about everything! I usually just try 1 or 2 things that seem safe or that I'm really considering buying, but yesterday was a 'what the heck' try it all kind of day. Luckily nothing set me off and the only thing I really loved was an organic lemonade cupcake, and the sample was tiny, and at 2 bucks for a small cupcake I wasn't interested in actually buying one. Sometimes it pays to be cheap!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda--I forgot to respond to your question about favorites. Most of mine are really high fat sweets but other than that this time of year my favorite things are soups. I love broc or cauli creamed soups, beef stew, chili, pumpkin sausage soup, southwestern taco soup....I think those are the main ones. I make a huge pot and save some out for the week and freeze a few servings for later. I also love veggie based casseroles and those are also easy to make in large amounts and freeze some if needed. I like broc and cheese with just about anything--rice, quinoa, barley, etc. I also love green bean/cauli cheese casserole, green bean casserole, artichoke casserole, etc. And roasted veggies--esp. winter squash are always great.

One of my favorite Linda Sue recipes is the Thai peanut curry chicken---or something to that affect. Hmmmm, now I want that one!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz---I keep meaning to ask you, how do you use the glucomannan? I tried it a couple of months ago---twice actually---in pudding and both times the texture gagged me. I'm thinking at 20 bucks a bag or whatever it was I really need to try to find a way to use it. Have you used it in baked goods or an OMM before?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Teresa. I woke up feeling such a peace this morning. Not exactly sure why. I didn't eat well yesterday and the scales were not my friend but still the same I feel like 2012 will be a new beginning for me and my family. New home, new outlook on life and a REnewed lifestyle for eating.

No more starting over. I actually looked in the mirror this morning and saw a beautiful face staring back at me. It has taken me so long to love myself. I really never thought I would get to that point, but win or lose, right or wrong, fat or skinny I realize that I am beautiful.

Happy new year everyone. Today is about NEW BEGINNINGS AND OLD ENDINGS!!!

239/195.2/145