Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Teresa, anything would be better than what I am currently doing, palieo etc.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning!

Vicki---hang in there and maybe just try to do 'damage control' as much as possible. This is the worst time of the year to try to make any significant changes as far as eating goes. But this year is almost over, just 3 weeks and maybe then a fresh start or a new plan will make more sense. In the mean time, enjoy yourself and enjoy the season!

Menu for yesterday

b--toppings from breakfast pizza in a sprouted tortilla
l--steak/green bean stir fry and pb brownie
d--well, this wasn't what I intended to have...but it's what I ended up having....several graham crackers (organic) w/lots of pb and a large (500 cal) organic chocolate bar---all told, about fifteen hundred calories

And here's the crazy thing....dropped a lb today. My body is so flippin weird. If I could eat like that every day and lose weight, great but if I did it again today I would gain a couple. Seriously---where is the stupid owners manual for this body!!! On the plus side---I keep remembering that just a year or so ago if I had eaten that much of that kind of stuff I would have been off on a binge (and no, that wasn't anywhere near a binge for me ) but most of the time now it doesn't---so for that I am grateful!

On the pb brownie---I am working on creating a recipe for an actual pb brownie. Not a pb bar, but I want a chewy brownie but not chocolate--pb. I can't seem to find anything on the web like that so I'm going to make my own. AND---I've figured out a pretty easy way to make it single serving so I don't waste a ton of time, ingredients, calories, etc. on versions that are just 'so-so.' I will keep you all posted once I get it figured out.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, you go girl. Experiment all you want and post the successful results! A pb brownie sounds yummy.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
hey ladies,

Back in Memphis. totally exhausted. Met with contractors/interior designers for our house in birmingham and was told that we need to update light fixtures and do granite in the kitchen to appeal to a buyer. UGH. I wish we had done that when we first moved in so we could enjoy the updates. Lesson learned.

I'm doing better with my woe. I've cut out the grazing and have been sticking to 3 meals. I've made pretty good food choices but I need to work on portion control.

Menu:
B: apple with PB, scrambled eggs
L: grilled chicken, small pc. grilled steak, salad, cottage cheese and fruit (buffet)
S: turkey on low carb pita, greek yogurt

VICKI.... hang in there. You've done it before and you can do it again.

TERESA....mmmmm...I want your dinner. but I know it would trigger a MAJOR binge for me. WTG for not letting it turn into a binge.
I would LOVE your recipe for PB brownies! I've been craving PB like crazy

I finally got some decent sleep last night and feel much better, thanks.
I hope you are getting better sleep.

thanks for your responses re. leptin reset and potatoes not prozac. very interesting. I will respond later...DH is calling me to go to walmart
Old 12-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Good evening ladies! I'm too tired to post right now, going to bed. Just wanted to post this here before I shut down so I remember tomorrow.....

Yasso Greek Yogurt bars....I want some!

Night
Old 12-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Glad I wrote that note to myself about the yogurt bars---I already forgot about them!

Liz--that stinks about getting all that lovely new stuff for your OLD home....grrrrr. But I guess if it helps you pull in a better return, especially in this market, then you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Glad your sleep is better, mine has been too the last couple of nights. Hope it continues for both of us!

So you ate pb the other day, and it didn't affect your gb ---or should I say your lack of gb?! YAY!!!

Well ladies, I think I have almost perfected the pb brownie! I liked it right out of the oven, but didn't love it. But I put half in the fridge and ate it later and it was fantastic--nice and chewy and peanut buttery! Now I need to do it a couple more times and play a bit more to perfect it....and I want to see if I can get the same results in the microwave....if it works this could be dangerous!

menu yesterday
b---pancakes w/pb and coconut palm syrup
l---tons of buttercup and delicata squash, roasted, w/parm and sour cream and 1/2 a pb brownie
d---stuffed swai, broc soup w/sour cream and 1/2 pb brownie

WI 161.0

Oh---and I didn't take today off of work. I spent 6 hours here Sat and still didn't get nearly enough accomplished. So, since I only had 2 meetings scheduled for today I figured I would come in and get everything else caught up. Now I'm thinking I might take off this Friday, and since I have next Monday off that would give me a 4 day weekend! And considering I haven't done squat for Christmas yet, I'm going to need it!

I think I am starting to get in a bit of a Christmas mood though---yesterday and this morning I have found myself singing Christmas tunes.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, have you put up your tree yet or done any other decorating?

I go tomorrow for my preop and I know I will have to step on the scale, man not looking forward to that one. I will post it tomorrow regardless of what it is. Funny, as I have gained back weight, much has gone to the thighs, and that doesn't help the knees any.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning

Vicki---I actually don't do any decorating at all. Too lazy. I have tons of decorations (which I wish people would quit giving me ) but they just stay stored in boxes. Maybe I should get a couple of things out....might help with my mood. Just have to be careful because the kitties will probably want to destroy anything I put out!

I am very grumpy today and I totally let the scale set my mood. It said 158.4 but then I thought no way did I drop over 2 lbs in one night so I made the mistake of getting on again...161.8. OK, that ticked me off because I ate really light yesterday (and avoided the huge buffet of chocolate that we had here in the office, including the sf chocolate) so I moved the scale around and reset it...162.4. You know, I never get on the scale more than once anymore--whatever number I get usually makes sense so I don't bother plus when I first got the scale I tested it out many times and it was always the same number. Now I'm wondering what I actually do weigh?? Maybe the battery is low. Anyway--I shouldn't let it take up this much 'space' in my brain but for whatever reason I am. And since I know that I have been a victim (or should I say I victimize myself ) of saying 'screw it' and eating crap when I'm unhappy with the scale and how my body is reacting---I need to be cautious today cause we still have lots of leftovers from the chocolate buffet yesterday.

menu yesterday
b--Greek yogurt w/pb
l--roasted squash, chicken tenders
d--cod, broc/cheese soup

No desserts and way lower on cals/carbs than usual, and I was hungry .....perhaps I need to have another pb and chocolate pig out.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:28 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---I meant to ask---so pre-op is today, then is surgery tomorrow?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

I had my preop appt. today and of course I had to step on the dreaded scale . . . 220, yikes. Surgery is in one week.

Dang, you sound like me Teresa when I was doing the HCG and found that I had to step on the scale 3 times to get an "official" weight, but then who knows . . .

Last edited by vli1127; 12-13-2011 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally here.....long tough day.

Vicki--are you calling me obsessive with that scale remark?? Sadly I can be quite obsessive without HCG or anything else.

On the scale at the Dr's you were dressed, etc. so really maybe you haven't done too much damage...? This time of year sometimes the best we can do is damage control!

menu yesterday
b--Greek yogurt, pb brownie
l--broc/cheese soup, 3-4 pecan/rice crackers, small apple w/pb
d--chicken tenders with cheese, bacon and bbq sauce and a sweet potato w/butter

todays menu
b--Greek yogurt w/honey pb and sf choc chips AND Greek yogurt w/nsa canned cherries AND Greek yogurt w/pumpkin/flax granola (we had a yogurt parfait bar today )
l--my favorite salad w/parm dressing in our cafeteria but with sunflower seeds instead of chicken and a big ole Coke Zero
d--sweet potato w/lots of butter, a big spoonful of dark chocolate almond butter and small spoonful of pb and a grape zevia w/cranberry juice (really wish I had some vodka to throw in this! )

Weird dinner but I was tired and just looking for something easy!

Got the scale issue figured out so feeling much better about that.

Liz???

Jen and Slimmin---where did you ladies go??

1 more day of work and then hopefully a nice long 4 day weekend...hopefully!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Hey ladies. It has been so crazy with me lately. I haven't been eating well and I am at 202. Really not happy about that and can't seem to get a grip. Started out this morning with eggs so hopefuly today will be better. Lunch is chicken and veggies.

I have been so busy with work and getting ready for Christmas I feel like I am in a whirlwind. I am exhausted by the time I get home that I don't feel like getting on the computer. Plus we still don't have TV hooked up so the only way anybody can watch tv is on the computer and most of the time somebody is on it. I will try to be more faithful about getting on here.

Hope everyone has a great day.

239/195.2/145
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I am exhausted and dealing with TOM. DH has returned to work so I feel like I can take a break and relax a bit today.

I'm starting to think this house is out to get me. hahahaha <------crazy laugh.
It is about 5 years old. we wanted a newer home to avoid problems. well, it rained and we discovered that there was a roof issue (bad shingles replaced...not too bad)
then it snowed and the heater broke. brrrrrr
Last night we had a plumbing emergency situation. when I took a shower earlier in the day the shower water control knob thingey fell off. I told DH last night and he decided that he could "fix" it. Nope....when he tried to screw the thing back on water started shooting out from the shower head AND the tub part AND the round thing in the middle. HOT water. I was frantically bailing out the tub!!!! it was actually hysterically funny looking to see DH trying to plug 3 holes and me trying to keep the tub from overflowing. We have no clue where the main water turn off is inside the house. DUH. the plumber couldn't find it either.
Roto rooter to the rescue at 11pm last night. the guy said it was a bizarre incident.....he couldn't fix it either. Needs to have a hole drilled in the wall and everything replaced.
Now the house has "water hammer". very loud knocking, banging, clanging noises when the washer is run.

I'm grateful for emergency plumbers! I'm also grateful that we are able to get everything fixed. When the heater went out it made me remember to think about people that can't afford their heating/electricity bills.

Anyhoo.....enough complainin'
time to make an accountability post.....our realtor sent us a premade meal. It just arrived with a big box of homemade double chocolate frosted brownies. I WILL NOT touch those things. I'm tempted to throw them in the trash but I hate to waste food. DH LOVES brownies but he has been saying he needs to lose weight. UGH.
Should I just hide those things in the trash so DH doesn't see them?!!??!?!?

JEN...... so glad to see you posting! Please try to check in! Love your new pix. You look great and that is a pretty fireplace!!!

someone is at the door....need to run....be back later
Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Can DH take brownies to work or can you throw them in the freezer? Serve them at the holidays?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VICKI...thanks for the ideas for brownie disposal. Fortunately I was able to give them to a guy who came over to do touch-up painting. He practically drooled when I handed them over.
How long is your recovery after surgery? Will you be up and about for Christmas?

TERESA... I'm with ya on the obsessive thing.
What was the problem with your scale? I'm glad you got it figured out.
Are you feeling better? I hope you're over that nasty cold
A four day weekend!!!! YIPPEE! Do you have any plans?
Quote:
So you ate pb the other day, and it didn't affect your gb ---or should I say your lack of gb?! YAY!!!
Yep! I'm thrilled to be able to tolerate fats again!!! I'd like to get PB but I'm afraid of portion control issues. I might try some of the individual packs. I've been seriously CRAVING PB. I wonder if it is contagious (did I catch this from you?!?!?)

speaking of which......
Quote:
Well ladies, I think I have almost perfected the pb brownie! I liked it right out of the oven, but didn't love it. But I put half in the fridge and ate it later and it was fantastic--nice and chewy and peanut buttery! Now I need to do it a couple more times and play a bit more to perfect it....and I want to see if I can get the same results in the microwave....if it works this could be dangerous!
PLEASE don't forget to share your results!

How is the wii going? Did you get everything hooked up?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking for a while trying to stay caught up on you guys.

I am not doing well with my food for some time now. My weight is the highest it has been in years. Don't be fooled by the avitar taken about a month and a half to 2 months ago. I am now 10-15 lb. heavier than the pic. I am so upset. I just have to vent to people who will understand. I'm still teaching spinning but it is becoming so so hard to do. I also took another training in a low impact aerobics class to become certified to teach that. It is 30 min cardio, 30 min. strength. The problem is that this class has stirred up my knee problems. I had arthrocopic knee surgery about 12 years ago and the doctor said some day I would be facing a kneee replacement. I've been in constant pain and not going to go to the doctor. I'm hoping it will go away. So, I can relate to what's going on with you guys. I'm doing well after open heart surgery but had to have a heart cath about a month and a half ago and it was fine. I have been doing a lot of 12 step work which has caused me to do a lot of emotional eating. I finally made the decision to go to a therapist who specializes in addictions. It's just such a slow process though.

Vicki, how did your surgery go? What did they do to your knee? I'm so happy you are still keeping on.

Liz, sounds like LOTS going on with you. So glad for hubby getting a new job and glad you are getting settled in.

Teresa, glad you are keeping this thread going. Please share the PB brownie recipe. Not like I NEED it right now. I understand about the scale ruining your day. It ruined mine today too. But, it was really a wake up call for me today as I know that even though I am heavier at night and have been bingeing. The scale read 180.

Jenn, I feel your frustration about the food. Just keep going forward.

Anyway, I'm tired today and am going to bed soon. I'll be back.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 12-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen--so what's all the craziness about?? Come on, spit it out, you know you'll feel better. So how did today go?

Vicki---so are your boys all there yet? How long will you be 'down' after surgery?

Liz---oh good grief you guys are really getting hit with all the 'new' house crazy stuff at once!! It seems like lots of people experience weird things breaking down or falling apart when they buy a new house---exactly what do the previous owners do to make sure things are patched up to pass inspections and then not fall apart until after they vacate the place?!

Quote:
CRAVING PB. I wonder if it is contagious (did I catch this from you?!?!?)
ummmm, why ever would you think you would get that from me??

Yep, the cold/virus/whatever it was went away pretty quickly. Most people have been dragging on with it for a month now and hearing everyone cough all the time reminds me I'm lucky to have a decent immune system or whatever it is that seems to protect me for the most part from 'bugs.'

Sadly, the Wii Fit is not hooked up yet...pathetic I know. But it is high on my 'to do' list for this weekend, so let's see if I actually get it done!

As for the scale, well, that's kinda hard to explain, you would have to see how it's set up. But basically the base that it sits on was not level. Once I wiggled it around and got it back in the groves where it was sitting it worked perfectly fine and kept giving me the same reading. Oh--not that I'm clapping for the number but I like a reliable scale.

Linda---glad to see you back! I'm pretty sure that we can all say that we totally understand, I know that I do. It is upsetting and scary when things get out of control and it's hard to figure what to try next to get a grip. It sounds like you are taking a lot of positive steps to get through this. Hopefully hanging with us will help with that too.

Here's the basics for the pb brownie recipe---I'm still playing around a bit with it but I doubt it will change drastically:

2t pb
2t butter
2 heaping tablespoons of peanut flour
2T 'sugar'
1T chia gel
dribble of vanilla

I melt the pb and butter (although just room temp would work fine) and then I mix the other stuff in, in no particular order. Bake at 325 in a small ramekin (I think it's probably a 1 cup size). After it's cool, chill in fridge. Not sure how long but a few hours is probably plenty. Overnight is definitely enough.

Tip---if you make it in a ramekin, line it with foil or parchment or something. It's a bit hard to get it out all in one piece if you don't....not that it doesn't still taste good!

OK---key things here:
1. the 'sugar' is going to have to be something other than splenda or a sugar alcohol. I did make it with E and stevia on one of my first attempts this summer and it was good--but it was more like pb cake, not a chewy bar. Sugar is key to texture for a chewy brownie. Coconut palm sugar works perfect.
2. the chia gel is to replace the egg---I didn't want to deal with using 1/4th of an egg so I used the chia, but you could use a powdered egg replacer I'm guessing, or anything else that you have used before to replace an egg. I think maybe flax can be used as well--just add some water to it as you will need some moisture.

The things I'm still playing around with are the butter/pb thing---I plan to try all pb, no butter but haven't done it yet. Also I think the total for the butter/pb could be dropped to a total of 1T instead of 4t and it would likely taste the same....but haven't tried that yet. For the flour I also am thinking about using part pb flour and part oat or quinoa flour or something like that--just to up the nutritional value a bit and also see what that might do to the texture. Last the amount of chia gel I'm using is also probably more than needed---closer to 1/2 an egg than 1/4 equivalent. Not sure if I will play around with that or not, it doesn't seem to be affecting the final product and chia tends to give me a very satisfied/full feeling so I may leave that alone, at least for now.

I want to see how this does in a microwave--maybe I'll experiment with that this weekend.

menu for today
b--left over yogurt parfait bar so today I had some with honey pb and some with pumpkin/flax granola
l--Buffalo Wild Wings---3 naked chicken tenders and about 9-10 french fries and a sf chocolate.....and a Coke Zero this seems to be happening a lot lately when I eat out
d--broc/cheese soup w/sour cream, 1 big spoonful of dark chocolate almond butter and 1 big spoonful of pb

I know I totally love pb but I have also been really craving it lately. Normally I just eat it because I love it, not because I really feel a 'need' to have it. Luckily I haven't had to go totally crazy to 'feed' that craving but really eating pb (or almond butter) right off the spoon isn't typically the norm for me. I suspect not having any desserts prepared and being pooped when I've gotten home the last couple of nights have also made the nut butters an easy choice.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, good to see you posting. I am in the same boat.

Arthroscopic knee scope is on Tuesday. I had the right one done a couple of years ago so I know what recovery is like.

My oldest son will be driving home today and 2nd son is in flight back to the US from Afghanistan as I type.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! Happy Friday!

Vicki--- that your sons make it home soon and safe! Enjoy your time with them! I'm assuming the one coming from Afghanistan is in the service? If so, please thank him for me. How long has it been since you have seen him?

Totally just lounging around today and enjoying the day off! Not sure if I will even leave the house today or not. But I do plan to get my game plan together for Christmas shopping and once that's done I may go out later and tackle a few things, or I may not.

Just made a huge pan of squash brown with peppers cooked in bacon grease and had a big plate of them topped with parm and sour cream Made enough so I have some for tomorrow morning. It's the little things that make me happy.

Need to also make a list of Christmas goodies to make to take into the office next week as well as some for friends....and some stuff to take home for me for Christmas. Hmmmm, my to do list is getting longer and longer. I'm just glad that my brain is finally freed up to figure out what all I need to get done. Hopefully I find some energy and motivation soon so that I can succeed! I did make the 'executive decision' that I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year. Something has to give, and that's what I decided is not going to happen.

So what is everyone else doing today and/or this weekend?
Old 12-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the welcome back

I'm going to try to do better about coming here for accountability. I'm still attending Overeaters Anonymous (OA)meetings and am quite involved. My therapist pointed out to me yesterday that I'm still trying to do this alone. OA is a "WE" program and although I thought I was reaching out for support, I know I'm not doing enough of that so I'll be using this group too for support because we are in the same boat and together we can do it.

OA has 9 tools of recovery and the latest tool is action plan. The purpose of the action plan is to develop a strategy of things to do to help you to stay abstinent (refraining from compulsive overeating/behaviors). I do have an action plan but one day when I was reading in my devotional book it talked about creating a daily to do list and praying about it and asking God for help to get the things done that need to be done and that some things may roll over til the next day or fall off the list entirely. So, I plan to come here to report my daily Action plan/To do list. Oh, and I update my stats too but I'm staying positive because that WILL change.

ACTION PLAN/TO DO LIST
1. Come here to post
2. Have a short reading/devotion time and commit my list to God
3. Clean the house
4. Call my sponsor
5. Make 2 outreach calls
6. Log my food into ***********
7. Commit to eating ONLY what's in my food log
8. Do some form of exercise (cardio or weights)
9. Attend 1 OA phone meeting.

Have a great day everyone. Happy Friday!!

Last edited by DENMW; 12-16-2011 at 07:31 AM..
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Linda--thanks for the info on OA. I was going to go to a meeting to see what it's all about a few weeks ago but the only one that I can find listed on the net for where I live is on Monday night--and it's wayyyy too easy on Monday nights for me to find a million excuses not to do anything! So how did you do on your goals today?

menu
b---squash browns w/peppers and OMM made with quinoa and sprouted wheat and topped with cream cheese
l--Greek yogurt and pb
d--sweet potato w/butter and 2 graham crackers w/pb and choc chips (it was all organic--does that make it better?! )

Well, I definitely need to get some food prep done this weekend, winging it is not working out the best. Tonights potato was an Okinawan sweet potato---anyone had one before? Really good---sweeter than a regular s.p. and it tasted starchier or denser....not sure of the word. The purple flesh was a bit startling at first but the one I had wasn't as deep purple as some I have seen pics of so it didn't freak me out too bad!

I actually went out shopping 2x today and got several things accomplished. Somehow I ended up buying stuff for me too. Besides the sweet potatoes I bought 2 new bottles of Torani syrup. Now actually I almost never use splenda stuff anymore but I couldn't resist the flavors---1 is cinnamon brown sugar and the other lime. They (World Market) had a bunch of new flavors but the others didn't look that appealing to me. Now---in the full sugar line they had one that is bacon flavored! Seriously---what would you do with that?!

Traffic was crazy today, going to need to get an early start tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What happened to everyone Teresa? We did use our deodorant, right?

I did OK with my goals yesterday. I say OK because everything did not get accomplished but the main things did like my devotion time, cleaning and staying pretty much on plan. I ate some extra thing but stayed away from the sugar which has been getting me into trouble lately. I did try to attend the OA phone meeting but the list on the internet must not be accurate as there was no meeting when I called in but I tried.

I have a terrible headache today. I came on after I taught Spinning this morning. Roger & I are goint up to Tampa (about 45. min drive) for dinner and a movie. There is an old movie theatre in Tampa that has been restored and plays old movies. Tonight they are playing It's a Wonderful Life. I've seen it many times but not on the big screen.

Teresa, what are squash browns? You've proably shared before but please share again. And what's up with all the goals on CW world, huh? I just sent you a 6 hr. thyme from the gift apps. Let me know if you get it because I heard that it doesn't work but thought I'd try it again and if it does I'll send it every day.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by DENMW; 12-17-2011 at 10:27 AM..
Old 12-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

I keep losing my posts! We just updated our browser and the mouse is acting crazy

Busy day today. DH is home and has a list of projects for us to complete. We are waiting on several pieces of office furniture to be delivered that is self assembly. I hope it goes well cause DH gets crazy and starts cussin in 3 languages if the instructions are tough

LINDA....I'm so happy to see you posting! Please keep coming back I hope you have a wonderful day and that headache goes away. I adore that movie

TERESA...thanks so much for posting the PB brownie recipe. It looks fantastic!!! I'll definitely have to try it when I get some PB. I'm kinda scared to buy any right now due to mad cravings.

Ooopppss furniture is here...gotta run

I'll try to be back later

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon ladies!

Linda--yay on meeting lots of goals yesterday! So you do telephone OA meetings? How exactly does that work? Can anyone hop on a meeting/call?

LOL on the b.o. chasing everyone away! I'm afraid it's just that time of the year, but hopefully everyone will be ready to start fresh in just a couple of weeks.

Have fun at the movie!

Liz--I hope the furniture is easy to put together, although I wouldn't mind hearing someone cuss in 3 languages! Neighbor was a linguist in the Navy and speaks several languages fluently....maybe I'll have to ask him to do that for me sometime!

Today has been another strange eating day for me, but all is under control so I guess I won't worry about it. Of my many goals for tomorrow---cooking/baking is one. Lots more holiday eating at work this coming week so I want to be prepared!

Got some shopping done this morning and it was realitively tame out there. Going back out again in a bit and I suspect it will be crazy ---but I'm not feeling motivated to do anything else (like cleaning ) so I need to get some more shopping done if I'm going to have a chance of getting everything I have planned for this weekend 'checked off' my list.

Can I just say I 4 day weekends!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been busy the past few days getting fiance' moved in, son home from North Dakota and meeting his girlfriend and other son back in the states along with wrapping up the semester. Surgery is on Tuesday and I am on the interview committee at work looking for a new faculty and we wrap that up on Monday.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! Just one week until Christmas!

Vicki---sounds like everyone is home or almost home for the holidays---yay! So DF moved in with you?

menu yesterday
b--Greek yogurt and pb and 2 pieces sprouted raisin toast w/butter and honey
l--squash browns with peppers and a garlic oat OMM w/butter
d--quinoa w/broc and cheese
s--banana w/ridiculous amounts of pb at 10:30pm when I got home from shopping...starving!

So far I have accomplished nothing today so I need to get my buns in gear!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all. Ok craziness. Well lets see where do I start. First of all I gat up at 5am and start my day. Drive an hour to work work 8 hrs and then home. By the time I get home I am exhausted and the day is about over. It is time to eat and go to bed. Dh has been so worried about getting home for Christmas that he has been a nervous wreck. The kids are all so excited about Christmas that they can hardly stand it. We always go to Gatlinburg the first weekend in Dec for the Christmas parade. This was the first one without DH oh and also the first thanksgiving without him. Did I forget to mention that yesterday was my 22 anniversary which we spent alone because DH hadn't gotten home yet. With worrying about getting thru thanksgiving and Christmas I have been totally stressed to the max. Also finances have been kind of rough (as I know they are for everyone). DH and I have seem to be fighting more than usual. I look in the mirror and I see an old woman staring back. I need to get my motivation back. Struggling with just eating what is in the house and can't afford to go buy nothing special. I try to buy meats when they are on sale or going out of date. Things will be better after Christmas lord willing.

Dh is home and he won't be leaving out until after christmas so I am going to try to enjoy some me time for a while. Other than that everything is great. I think I just relaxed too much on the carbs and they overwhelmed me. WI this morning was 200.4 so at least headed in the right direction now. Today has been better.

Have a great day all. 7 days until christmas.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, busy day here but just checking in to say hi. Eating is not awful but just not where it should be to lose weight.

Jenn, you sound so down. Things will get better.

Teresa, OA phone meetings are great. There is a 6:45am meeting that I really like. There are generally about 150 people on the call. You come in muted so you can just listen and multitask if you want. I go to the Mon. & Tues. morning meeting and listen on my way to work as I have a 45 min. - 1 hr. dr. The website is OA.org and you can click on phone meetings for the times #'s and PIN #. You can share or just listen. What are squash browns?

Liz, how did your busy weekend go?

Vicki, good luck on your surgery Tuesday. I'll say a prayer for you.

Gotta run, Mondays & Tuesdays are my really busy days working so I need to get prepared clothes and foodwise for the next 2 days. So many other things to do too.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning. My last day of my 4 day weekend and I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm really tired which does not bode well for getting everything done that I want to do today.

Jen---sounds like you are missing DH. So I know this is a new career for him which likely means he is getting rough routes and schedules, will that get better in the future? Is he hoping to eventually get a position with a local route? Not too long ago I know it was stressful when he didn't have a job, now his job is placing stress on ya....but I'm guessing the latter is a better option and I suspect in a matter of time there will be changes for the better!

Make sure those kids are helping and that you aren't doing everything and playing super woman! You have this little tendency to not take care of your needs--and you NEED to!

Love the new avi pic by the way---you look great!!

Linda--thanks for the info on OA calls. Too bad I didn't check in here earlier, might have been able to catch a call today. So if you come in muted, how exactly do you share? Not that I plan to, just curious.

Squash browns---basically think fried potatoes but using winter squash instead. I add various veggies but mostly I use bell peppers and add generous amounts of onion powder and a bit of garlic. Sometimes I add meat---bacon, sausage, chicken, steak, whatever...but most of the time I make it as a side and just add some parm and sour cream (and sometimes ketchup). Delish! You can use whatever kind of winter squash, I typically use butternut, delicata or my new love buttercup and frequently mix a couple of kinds together. And frying them up in bacon fat is the bomb! Here's Kevinpa's recipe:

Bacon Squash Browns 101 - A Story in Pictures

yesterdays menu
b--cheese omelet and raisin sprouted toast w/butter
l--buttercup/cinnamon pancakes w/butter and maple syrup---yum!
d--couple of bites of bbq chicken (wasn't in the mood for it), roasted squash and green beans and 2 graham crackers with pb and chocolate (nope, didn't get any baking done )

WI 159.2

Need to serously get on the food prep thing today, and then some shopping...oh yeah, and I need to get that Wii hooked up! Reminds me, I did a 2 mile walk with hand weights yesterday....we had a beautiful 'warm' day yesterday....I really miss summer.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I miss him a lot. He is looking into another company that will hopefully be better in the future.

Eating has been well today.

Tired and have a sinus infection, going to bed early. Have a great night all.