Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Liz---I meant to say that I can relate to the emotional eating (or wanting to eat)--and it can hit out of no where for me sometimes. Like something at work can annoy me and I'm thinking about hitting the candy bowl. It's weird because it's not all the time, not all emotions, and not even the same ones will always set it off. And I also do the 'delayed reaction' overeating thing too at times....get through the immediate emotional thing and then later overeat anyway. I don't know what that's all about---just more crazy stuff to have to stay on top of.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimmin
Stats: 235/221.4/135
WOE: Atkins (Induction for now)
Start Date: November 2011
Thanks for the welcome.

Been one crazy Thanksgiving weekend for me. I did fine on Thanksgiving and right on up until last night. I have a problem with artificial sweeteners and I know I do, but do I listen to my body -- nope! I have cup of hot cocoa with artificial sweetener....and an hour later binge on whatever I can find. I feel like I've been run over this morning. And I did away with what little progress I made.

It's okay though. I've always let screw ups keep me from going forward, but this morning I am back on plan and I'm sending the sugar free cocoa to my sister's house.

I'll be back this evening to read all the messages. Just wanted to check in and say Goodmorning to everyone.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Man, I hate coming down with colds. I hope you get to feeling better Teresa.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning. This cold sucks. I felt so much better by mid morning yesterday and then I woke up feeling icky again.

Slimmin---ahhhh, been there and done that. I hate when I do something even when I know it will possibly set off a chain reaction like that...yet I still do it anyway. But you haven't lost the progress you've made---just some water weight and a bump in the road...and of course another 'lesson' to learn from. Hopefully you learn from those 'lessons' quicker than I do! Hopping back on right away, even if you trip a few more times before getting fully back, is the key to success in my opinion!

Vicki---how are things going for you? When does your Christmas/winter break start?

Liz---did you get lost in all the boxes?? So are you guys still planning to move this Friday??

menu yesterday
b--lots of hot tea w/c.o.....couldn't stand the thought of food even though I was hungry
l--broc/cheese soup with quinoa and applesauce w/cinnamon--this all went down just fine
d--2 bowls of Greek yogurt with pb---which also went down just fine

I made chilli last night but meat still isn't sounding appealing. Maybe this 'quasi vegetarian thing' will be even easier than I thought!

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slimmin
Stats: 235/221.4/135
WOE: Atkins (Induction for now)
Start Date: November 2011
A cold is working its way through our family and now it is my turn. On a good note a sore throat means less eating. I was back down to where I was before.

Liz -- I don't envy you. I love the excitement of a new place, but I hate the unpacking. We moved in July and I still have things in the garage to go through and either donate or find a home for.

Teresa -- Hope you are feeling better.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Teresa sorry about the cold. Hope you feel better soon. It has really been crazy for me. I had a colonscopy yesterday which was good. They didn't find any polyps this time so don't have to do another one for five years.

Sorry i have been mia. can,t really seem to get caught up. Weigh in this morning 200.8 Not happy but it could have been much worse. I hope to stay accountable for awhile.

Have a greatday all.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:38 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning.....blah.....

Jen---so good to see you! Yes, you need to get your buns in here daily and be accountable! Plus I miss you when you're gone. Are you all getting settled in the new place?

Slimmin---I'm sorry you're getting this crud too. That's funny though that you mentioned the 'good note' as I was thinking that myself---if I had to get sick I'm glad it was right after a period of horrible eating as it has kind of forced me to get back on track, and nothing really sounds or tastes very good. I guess there's a silver lining to everything!

menu yesterday

same as Monday but I had oatmeal for breakfast.....bad choice cause that just made me hungrier since I had no fat with it but I ate lunch early and was fine. I tried to eat some fish and veggies for dinner last night but after a few bites I gave up and went for the Greek yogurt w/pb.

Today I feel even worse than the last few days....shouldn't I be getting better?! Mostly I just feel really dizzy or spacey. Cough isn't horrible, throat is just sore in the mornings and a bit at night, blowing my nose quite a bit but I can typically make it through a meeting (like an hour) without having to. Just not sure what the weird feeling is in my head. Basically I think I'm just a wimp since i haven't been sick for so long!

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning to me!

Menu yesterday
b--Greek yogurt and pumpkin bran muffin w/cc
l--tuna salad sandwich, celery, apple w/pb
d--fish, roasted winter squash and blackberries w/whipped cream

Much better eating day. Dizziness is going away and now the cold part is breaking down--but I feel much better.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Tomorrow is the official moving day. HELP!!! DH has gone to work today (even though he has officially resigned AND is on vacation) to do a complex procedure on a patient. The patient would probably have to go out of state to find someone to do this so I'm glad DH is able and willing to do it. However, I'm wishing he was still here for packing. I feel proud of DH and grateful but also a bit stressed and selfish for wanting him here. I'm a mess hahaha
Packing/moving has brought out the perfectionist in me. Not a good thing. I want all boxes labeled and inventoried. Plus I like the labels to be neat and everything to be packed "correctly". Now, I'm getting to the point of throwing stuff in from half-way across the room.
Plus I'm feeling PMS coming on.
/end of crazy vent

TERESA.... so sorry you're sick. I'm glad you're feeling better.
Sorry I've slacked on posting menus.
All I can say is OINK OINK OINK. I've been a grazing machine but have kept it healthy UNTIL I had a wild craving for PB cups. I made DH take me to the store and bought a bag of sugar free reeses. I ate the ENTIRE thing and paid the price. WOWZA...I forgot how cruel the sugar alcohols can be.
I looked for the half pound PB cups but luckily wasn't able to find any

SLIMMIN....
I hope you and your family kicks that cold quickly

VICKI....your birthday lunch sounds really delish! I hope you had a good day

JEN....It's great to see you posting! You are missed. I hope you get a chance to post more

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 12-01-2011 at 08:02 AM..
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning..it's Friday! But I am going to have to come into the office tomorrow.

I woke up this morning at like 4am and I was pissed off---I mean like totally irrate. I have no clue why. I dozed off for about an hour and woke up still very annoyed/irritated. I kept thinking that everyone is going to want to stay away from me today but by the time I got to work I felt perfectly fine. I just have no idea what the anger was all about??

Liz---good luck on moving today!! I'm sure it will be a horrible day, moving days pretty much always are, but once you get everything there you will feel so much better! I'm the same way with packing....well, maybe not quite so 'anal' but I start out very organized and purge things as I'm going and organize what's in the boxes so they are easy to unpack, etc. By the end I'm stuffing anything and everything into whatever box or container I can find! I often find things when I'm unpacking and think hmmmm, why didn't I just throw this away! But luckily you will have time to unpack and set up your home the way you want it---so just breath and get through the move and it will all work out OK!

Sorry about the Reeses cravings---I'm sure I'm the instigator of that. I'm glad you didn't find the lb one, but those sf ones are evil!! I've found that the organic ones, like Newmans, are basically good, but not fantastic, so I get those from time to time. They're not bad---they just aren't at all addictive like the sugar filled and sugar free ones are. Also---since they are so expensive there's no way I could afford to binge on them!

Menu for yesterday---you don't want to know. Let's just say my appetite came back full force and I ate tons of nuts (creme brulee almonds are evil ) and lots of pb and chocolate stuff. No blatant white sugar although I'm sure the almonds and some of the other spiced nuts I had did have sugar in them, but I didn't have any of the sugary kinds of stuff that sets off all out binges for me. Tom came last night so I'll put part of the 'blame' there, but I also think it was just from not eating enough or the right kinds of stuff for the last several days when food wasn't tasting very good. Today I need to get back in line. This has been 2 weeks now I think of my eating being less than ideal so I need to get this nipped in the bud! Today there is a table full of baked goods calling my name....I am not listening!!!

Dizziness has gotten much better, now the cough is settling in. But really, I can deal with the cough/cold stuff---that dizzy thing was kind of freaking me out!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey everybody!

I survived the move! what a relief! Our stuff will meet us in Memphis on Monday.

One of the movers accidentally locked the bathroom door when he left. I tried picking the lock but no luck. Now I have to try and find a locksmith to come out on a Saturday.

TERESA...I'm glad the dizziness has passed. I hope that rotten cough/cold goes quickly.

I hate when I get PO'ed for no reason. Usually, for me, it is hormones.

thanks for the kind words re. the move

I blame hormones/stess for my reeses cravings...not you
Now I'm craving some homemade "butterfingers". Wheat thins held together with PB and then dipped in chocolate. YUM.. so easy and so tasty. I could probably make them heathier with almond crackers.
I've made those before dipped in white chocolate with red & green sprinkles for Christmas. people were fighting over those

Creme brulee almonds?!?! say what???? Did you make those or buy them?

Did you resist the table of baked goods?

My menu for today....not so great
B: Kay's natural cereal (from netrition...yummy) with almond milk
L: tuna with egg whites on low carb pita, pear
S: (hotel FREE buffet...you know those calories/carbs don't count, right????) 2 small baked potatoes with a gob of yellow cheese like substance and a scoop of mystery meat, a few carrot sticks AND 2 tiny glasses of white wine (also FREE). I can't remember the last time I had wine or booze.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TERESA... I forgot to tell you about my new horse friend I met on Thanksgiving. Her name is Betsy and she belongs to my SIL. She lives in a gorgeous pasture with some other horses. I being around those horses. (except when they pass gas...O.M.G.)

Betsy is white with tiny grey/black spots which is called "flea bitten". SIL offered to let me ride. Unfortunately I didn't think my surgical incisions were up for a ride. I was SO tempted.
I found it interesting to learn about the different horses ...their personalities and riding styles. My SIL told me that some are smooth like riding a luxury car (I think they are called trotters or gait horses??) Others are like riding in a 20 year old toyota with bad shocks.

Do you plan to go horseback riding again any time soon?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

I am counting down the days to the end of the semester. I have great plans for the break. The best thing: all my sons will be around on Xmas. My middle son is coming home from overseas too. The downside: colonoscopy and knee scope.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Yay, I'm so glad I'm not just talking to myself!

Vicki---yikes, you're going to have your body overhauled during Christmas break! Well at least it will be nice to get those things over and done. How wonderful that your sons will all be there for Christmas! How many kids do you have?

Liz---yay---you are in Memphis!! I agree, free buffets do not count at all! How did you do pain wise with the yellow cheese like subtance? Seeing the low carb pita on your menu....have you tried sprouted ones at all? Ezekiel ones are great---I'm eating one right now. I can't do the low carb ones anymore---one of the ingredients has a weird twang to me so I had to give up on them. But I'm glad that the sprouted ones work just fine.

The creme brulee almonds were store bought---basically just think of toffee covered almonds. On the baked goods....unfortunately the brownies did me in....big time. I'm really trying to get back on the straight and narrow but keep 'failing'.... And the scale is going up and up and up and I just feel crappy overall. Today is a new day though--right?!

I'm very jealous that you have a horse in the family!! I want one sooo bad, but they don't allow them at my apt! Maybe when I retire I'll get one.... What color is Betsy's tail? I love the ones with the little spots that have the dark gray manes and tails---so pretty.

I hope you find a cheap locksmith to come and get your bathroom door open! I also hope that the movers didn't leave any unwanted surprises in there like the painters did!

Well, I'm at work, so I should consider getting some work done! There are lots of groups here today so we are all apparently feeling the end of the year crunch. It will all be over soon enough.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, I have 3 boys and soon to have 2 step daughters and a step son. Just call us the Brady Bunch.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

I have gotten 3 DVDs for chair exercises: aerobics, salsa and yoga in anticipation of needing something to keep me active after I have my knee scope. I have done two of them and they aren't too bad. I do work up my heart rate. They are only 30 minutes in length (I am used to doing 45-60 minutes), but it is better than nothing.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---wow, look at you being all prepared to exercise no matter what---that is awesome!! Me, I tend to look for excuses to not exercie, even when they don't exist!

Yesterday, eating was a disaster. The worst it's been in probably a year or so....ugggg. Today has been good, not sure if it was because I got it all out of my system yesterday or it's cause I of course wasn't very hungry (although that doesn't usually stop me! ). I also took some aminos which probably helped. I need to get my head back on straight and get back to healthy eating....the holiday parties and eating events are already gearing up and I really really don't want to end this year in a worse place than I started it.

The cold also seems to be going away. Haven't felt dizzy for a couple of days and this afternoon I had a bit of energy for the first time in well over a week. That also might be the aminos...too bad I didn't think to take them when I was sick!

Going to have lab work in the morning. I think my thyroid is still off---I have no other explanation why I haven't been able to lose (when I was honestly working at it) and have had less energy for the last couple of months. I really hope that is it--at least that's a simple fix.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

boy Teresa, I hear you about the holiday indulging. I feel like crap from all of the carby stuff too.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning....wait, it's Monday, how can that be good?!

Well, labs are done and should have the results in a couple of days---hoping the T3/T4 thing is off---that will make me feel much better! Oh and hopefully everything else looks good!

menu yesterday
b--none
l--chili w/cheese and sour cream, apple w/almond butter
d--fried flounder, squash browns, brocolli w/butter and a pumpkin oatmeal cookie

Todays menu will be exactly the same. I felt good yesterday and slept great last night so we'll see if the same foods will have the same impact. Plus I had to fast this morning for lab work so the no breakfast thing again works out well.

WI---162.8 and my pants are tight.

Only 1 meeting scheduled today (at least so far)---yipee cause I have lots of work to get done. Thinking I am going to take off the next 2 Mondays, and then we have the Monday after Christmas and after New Years off--so that would be 4 weeks of not working on Monday!

OK ladies, time to check in. This month is going to be a rough one---at least for me---so support, accountability, etc. is crucial!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Christmas decorating and carols playing.

Teresa, I promise to check in daily and report whatever. Not so sure what it will be yet. I received my Blessed Herbs colon cleanse kit and plan to get started on it. If I do the Best method, I do 3 days of precleanse then follow with 5 days of juice fasting.

I am hoping that will relieve the symptoms of itching that I have.

Man oh man, it sounds as though you are having difficulties with food as I am and dealing with the clothing thing. I hate it big time.

Well wishes to you.

Where is everyone else???

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everyone,

We're finally in our new house and just got cable/internet back. Very busy with unpacking and getting house set up.
It is really really cold here. Lows in the 30's and one of the heaters is not working brrrrrrrr.

I've been over eating. I eat out every meal and justify eating too much due to stress from moving. NO more! I must get accountable and back on track!
I will get to the store today and hopefully unpack enough stuff to cook simple meals.
I'm doing much better with fats No more pain/indigestion! Maybe I can try a lower carb/higher fat again soon.

The city I moved to is a suburb of Memphis called Germantown. It has a lot of horse farms. In fact, I have some horse neighbors!
I saw about 6 of them standing around a huge thing of hay eating. Like a horse buffet.

TERESA...YAY on feeling better and woooohoooo on those Mondays off! You certainly deserve it! Any plans for the off days?
I hope your thyroid just need a tune up to zip up the weight loss

VICKI...have you done that blessed herb cleanse before? Let us know how you like it. Good luck on relieving the itching.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki---decorating and carols, sounds like a good way to spend the day! I'm not in the Christmas mood yet at all ....need to get there because it's going to be here so quick!

Glad you are going to be here daily, I get lonely. Hope the clense works for you! Have you ever juice fasted before? Do you get really hungry when you do that?

Liz---glad you are getting all settled in! So is that weather typical for your new local? Our highs are in the mid 20's to mid 30's for the next 10 days, although they are saying we might have a 'heat wave' and hit 40 on Sunday!

I'm so glad that you are dealing with fats better! I can imagine that eating out all the time would be hard not to overeat, but truly I love it when I have the chance because it means no cooking and no cleaning!

Horses??? (do we have a jealous smilie?!) You lucky duck!!

Menu yesterday went as planned. Today:

b--greek yogurt w/pb and zuch/carrot muffin
l--broc/cheese/quinoa soup and medjool dates w/cream cheese
d--chicken and zoodles alfredo and sweet potato w/butter....I really want something sweet but I'm trying not to....

Breakfast is just not the same without my banana! It's probably only 80-100 cals but I suspect it's the starchiness that fills me up. Trying to find something different to have in place of it but no luck yet.

Tomorrow at work we have cookies and hot chocolate, Thursday we have brownies (it is afterall National Brownie day ) and lunch out. I need to keep a grip on things, I love bakery cookies and brownies.....grrrrrr! I will stay strong, I will stay strong, I will stay strong!

Jen----???

Slimmin---how are things going for you??
Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

I went to bed with stomach cramps and woke up to them around 4ish. Didn't eat until later, yogurt, peaches and protein powder. Since my knee scope was moved up to the 20th (my choice), I will wait until after Christmas to do the cleanse. The direction said not to cleanse if having surgery. So, I figure if I wait a week and then do it, I can finish out my break that way.

Today, cookie and candy baking with my mother for the holidays. I know, not low carb, but oh well.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Vicki--yuck on the cramps! Good idea not to do the clense before surgery. Plus the reality is eating is probably not going to be all that clean during the holidays so then you might just undo whatever it is the clense 'fixes.' Enjoy the day with your mom! I need to start thinking about doing some holiday baking as well---I just am not in the mood yet.....hopefully soon!

Be back later.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all

Quick post. Taking a break from unpacking. I'm doing better with my eating because I got some quickie foods to heat and eat at home. I got some frozen grilled chicken strips which are actually pretty tasty.

VICKI...I hope you feel better.

TERESA...according to the locals snow is not common here. I'm just a wimpy southerner. Anything below 50 is FRIGID. brrrrrr

Your menu looks awesome! WTG for staying on track! Any plans on how to avoid the work temptations? Will you bring your own healthier snacks?
National brownie day?!?! hahaha

I'm worried for the neighbor horses. It is snowing and it doesn't look like they have a barn. Maybe it is behind some trees. I wonder if horses are ok in the cold?

Gotta run. DH is calling.
I'll try to sneak back later to post more
Old 12-08-2011, 03:33 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, it sure sounds like your new place is awesome. I am okay with looking at horses but they kind of scare me. My aunt and uncle had many horses years ago and while I was riding one, it took off running. I have never been on one since.

Teresa, I hope your eating plan is going better and the numbers are going down.

I watched a youtube clip last night about a woman who reversed her MS by eating primal. I am not sure if I can post that here, but google Dr. Terry Wahls. Her story is amazing.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

omg, I'm so tired I couldn't remember if I'd been here yet today or not?! Guess not! Long and not so great day ....just glad it's about over!

Liz---yeah, it sounds like it will be an adjustment weather wise but if they don't typically get snow maybe it won't be too bad. My sister and her fam lived in mid/upper Michigan for several years, then Florida for a few years and now in Minnesota for 10 years. Very extreme differences in weather but after they have gotten through the first year in each climate it just becomes normal to them, so I bet you'll adjust just fine!

Horses do fine in the cold. There is a point where I think you need to get them shelter but it's likely when it gets below 0, not really sure. I was always amazed by horses (and cows for that matter) that would have a barn available but would choose to stay outside. They do typically huddle together when it's cold, so maybe that provides enough warmth.

Vicki---so how did the decorating, baking, etc. go? Are you ready for the holidays? I probably won't get a chance to check out that story on youtube until this weekend but I definitely will. I don't know exactly what a primal diet is---but I'm pretty sure it involves whole foods. I'm becoming a huge believer that food is the root of virtually all non-congenital diseases/illnesses/ailments/etc. that we encounter....and I gotta wonder if food/nutrition pre-birth might even contribute to some of those disorders--not really thought about that before.....but anyway, I am seeing through my own life/journey how really powerful and complex it all is. And eating the right things definitely fixes/heals more than just weight issues.

As far as eating, it's going well now. The scare of my pants being too tight usually does the trick. I got rid of all my clothes larger than my present size, and I really really don't want to have to buy any, so I gotta get my buns in gear. Too bad it takes that to get me motivated.

OK--menu for yesterday....I'm gonna try to remember....
b---Greek yogurt w/pb and apple oatmeal muffin
l--chili w/cheese, handful of pecan/rice crackers and sf mac nut cookie (store bought, not that great)
d--pancakes w/pb and coconut palm syrup

Todays menu
b--same as yesterday
l--my favorite salad w/parm dressing---today she made it jumbo size so as hard as I tried I actually could not finish it ---and a few Sun chips
d--chicken w/zoodles alfredo and sweet potato w/butter and a couple of spoonfuls of pb

I've had a hard time falling asleep the last 2 nights. Usually that is not the problem with me, I usually wake up way too early and can't get back to sleep. Not sure what it's all about. To make things worse Mr Jader Face and Ms Squeaker Face (aka Jaden and Chloe ) were playing 'Super Kitty' at 3:30 am. Too tired to explain now---it was funny and very cute but since I had only had a few hours of sleep at that point and then couldn't fall back to sleep, it left me very tired for the day.

Going to go get in my jammies and wind down for the night.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, seems when I got rid of my "fat" clothes is when I started inching and regaining back up the scale

Paleo is eating like cave men mostly. Grass fed meat and organ meat, veggies and fruit, primarily berries and stone fruits. No dairy, legumes or grains. Sounds simple.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're going to Birmingham today so I won't be online. Need to go pack up a few more things and bring my car to Memphis. Also will be meeting with someone to do painting/decorating/staging to sell that house.

I woke up at 4am and have been unable to go back to sleep. I find that I'm having more sleeping problems lately. I'm hoping it is just stress Usually I sleep 7-10 hours like a rock.
The nights that I've slept the best are when I've eaten a baked potato or sweet potato for dinner. I vaguely remember a book, "potatoes not prozac" which advocated eating a potato at night. I'm thinking about keeping breakfast and lunch low carb and eating all of my carbs (sweet potato) for dinner.

I'm also considering eating more protein at breakfast. I read something from a doctor (dr. kruse) re. leptin reset and he recommended consuming a large amount of protein for breakfast (I think it was 50g).
Has anyone read anything by Dr. Kruse? If so, what are your thoughts on his whole leptin reset theories?

I'm not sure what to believe, but I'm willing to experiment and see what works for me.

VICKI...I'll have to check out that youtube clip when I get a chance. thanks for sharing. I'm always fascinated by stories like that where food = cure.
ITA with Teresa regarding the potent effect that food has on our health.
I hope your cramps/tummy issues are resolved.

TERESA...thanks for the info on the horses! The horses were huddled together munching on hay. Very sweet looking

I'm sure I'll adjust to a the colder weather. I seem to be gradually creeping up north. I started in the deep south (New Orleans), moved up to Birmingham and now even further north to Memphis. (<----------reminds me of elvis/Memphis)

WTG for getting back on track with eating! Tight pants are a great motivator! (unless you're like me with a few pairs of stretchy pants as a back up It seems like most pants have some lycra stretch stuff)

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping I hope you are zonked and sleeping like a rock. Do you find that eating more carbs at dinner helps with sleep?

Awww....super kitty sounds adorable!! but not if it interupts your sleep

My menu yesterday:
B: greek yogurt, blackberries, sardines (YAY I can eat sardines again!!!!
L: grilled chicken strips, salad, apple
S: turkey, low carb pita wrap, laughing cow cheese, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, pear

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 12-09-2011 at 04:42 AM..
Old 12-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning....I'm at the office so not so good!

Vicki---interesting on gaining after getting rid of the clothes! I wonder what that's about? Well---I would say no more getting rid of clothes for you!

I agree, those cave man type plans sound pretty simple, and are probably really healthy. Are you thinking about doing something like that or have you ever followed one of those plans before?

Liz---so how did you sleep last night? Hopefully it is just stress/change in routine/etc. and will get better as you settle in.

I have read some about the Leptin reset thing. I think it's worth a try. I already do a lot of those things---eat a big breakfast, although I probably only get about 25 grams protein not 50---I eat 3 meals, no snacks.....hmmmm, can't remember his other rules but those were some of the biggies. I think for the typical American who eats tons of carbs and/or processed foods daily this would definitely be a great thing, also for people with active eating disorders of various kinds. For low carbers who are eating 'right' to begin with I wouldn't think it would make a lot of difference....but maybe?? In theory the aminos shouldn't have made a big difference for me since I was already eating plenty of good clean protein and other healthy foods but they made a world of difference--cause I think my body wasn't processing those proteins correctly. So maybe overloading the protein at the top of the day would be the 'magic' bullet for some people. Eating 3 good meals and no snacks might be the cure for others (this definitely was key for me). Who knows, these bodies of ours are strange things and even when we get them figured out---they go and change on us!

On the potatoes not prozac thing, I haven't read it but I do agree that I need a good dose of carbs at night to get some sleep. I find anything starchy, including grains, really does the trick. I went through a long long stretch of only sleeping a few hours a night--and often that was broken up into a few 45 min or 1 hour increments. It was horrible! Greatly upping carbs helped that. It never got me to the 'normal' 8 hours a night thing but I do average 6 now most of the time and have restored most of my sanity!! I really should start paying attention to that and see if there are specific carbs/foods or a certain amount that makes it better....hmmmm, food for thought!

Menu yesterday
b--Greek yogurt w/pb and 2 oatmeal pumpkin cookies
l--chili w/cheese, celery w/pb and applesauce w/cinnamon
d--pizza/zuch casserole, sprouted garlic toast and a big ole spoonful of chocolate almond butter

I'm not doing well with cutting out meat. I keep servings very small---like yesterday I probably had a total of 4-5 oz because I reduce the meat by roughly half in most recipes--but I really want to work at finding non-meat alternatives and play around with all that. I think right now however I'm just a bit too busy and stressed so I'll play around with it where I can and just keep taking some aminos through the end of the month. Then when things settle down sometime after the first of the year I can start working on a semi-vegetarian plan. I really have a feeling that I will feel much better focusing on different forms of protein.

Got lab results back yesterday----all thyroid tests were good. I'm sure that should make me happy, but it doesn't. I need to figure out why my body is not reacting/feeling like it should. I'm not willing to chalk it up to getting older. Some of it could be the change in seasons and activity level....but I don't think that is all of it. Probably some stupid hormone stuff.

Well, suppose I should get back to working---or I will be here all day.

Have a great Saturday everyone!