Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 12:11 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sapphira
Stats: 287/273/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2011
Day 52, February 21 ~

Today's Weight: 270 (+1)
Today's Vitamins: Forgot.
Today's Water: 56 oz so far.

I've been so bad about my vitamins. I need to write "TAKE YOUR VITAMINS" on my forehead so that I'll remember. Didn't make it out shopping today because our loan rep had even MORE stuff for us to do. OMG, is this ever going to end? I want my stinkin' house! I'm calling it an early night so that I can get as much done tomorrow as possible before the snow starts. If it starts.

On another note, my mom mentioned she is also seeing a difference in my face. Could it really be true?

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: 3 Minute Chocolate Cupcakes

1/4 cup almond flour ($0.87)
1 tablespoon cocoa ($0.12)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder ($0.03)
1 teaspoon Steviva ($0.08)
1 tablespoon Davinci Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup ($0.23)
1 drop Ez-Sweetz ($0.05)
2 tablespoons butter ($0.12)
1 egg ($0.12)

Recipe Cost: $1.62
Cost Per Serving: $0.81

Lunch: Fried Eggs w/ Sausage Links

3 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links ($0.53)
3 Large Eggs ($0.32)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1 tbsp Butter ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $0.92
Cost Per Serving: $0.92

Dinner: Taco Skillet

2 lbs ground beef ($5.47)
4 cups shredded cabbage ($0.60)
1 can diced tomatoes ($0.80)
1 tablespoon chili powder ($0.10)
1 teaspoon ground cumin ($0.05)
1 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
2 tablespoons green onion ($0.25)
2 cups cheddar cheese ($0.66)
4 tablespoons sour cream ($0.16)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $8.20
Cost Per Serving: $2.05

Total Cost: $10.74
Cost Per Serving: $3.78

Here's a screenshot of my totals for the day:

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
I sure hope this loan gets wrapped up quickly! What a pain.

I'm sure it's true. You're really doing well!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYA View Post
I sure hope this loan gets wrapped up quickly! What a pain.

I'm sure it's true. You're really doing well!!!
Thanks! Hubby had a closing interview with the loan peeps over the phone a few hours ago. Everything is a go once we get two more papers from my brother. Woohoo!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Day 53, February 22 ~

Today's Weight: 270
Today's Water: 48 oz

Had a few more carbs than usual today, but I've been pretty good all month, so it'll even out. That said, prince charming and I hit up Winco today to pick up enough groceries for the rest of the month. While there, I ended up stocking up on a few extras just because the prices were right. Ended up paying $109.40... leaving us about $50 under budget for groceries this month! Needless to say, I am stoked!

However, once we got home I realized that what I had planned to make for dinner would take too long to cook and I had some chicken I forgot about that needed to be boiled for another meal before it expired, so we just decided to spend the rest of our restaurant budget and have a night out, hence the higher carb count.

A winter storm is supposed to hit us tomorrow, but I'm hoping it'll wait until we at least get the papers back from my bro. Once we do, those things will be be sent overnight to get this thing rolling! I'll move in the snow if it means we can move out this weekend.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Braekfast

Lunch: Pork Carnita Tacos

8 Mission Carb Balance Tortilla ($4.24)
3 1/2 lbs pork carnita meat ($4.87)
2 cups romaine lettuce ($0.50)
2 oz cheddar cheese ($0.33)
4 tablespoons sour cream ($0.16)
1 cup orange juice ($0.54)
4 cups water (free)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $10.65
Cost Per Serving: $2.66

Dinner: Ate Out @ Red Robin

5 Buffalo Wings
1 burger in lettuce wrap
1 side salad
2 sugar free raspberry light lemonades

Recipe Cost: $30.75
Cost Per Serving: $15.37

Total Cost: $41.40
Cost Per Serving: $18.03

Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Looooooove Winco! Grocery cart packed full for $100! Yeah!

I forgot to tell you that if you ever do see me out and about at grocery haunts-- yell my name in my face! I'm an oblivious robot when I shop and don't look at people, I just fill the cart and get the hell out. I'd love to bump into you out there!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
hello!

I like the concept of tracking foods and costs... Weight and spending are always things on my hotlist...

Do you coupon at all when you grocery shop? There are several websites that lay it all out for you and make it simple (search for "southern savers"). I am still working on being efficient with but when to the grocery store yesterday and walked out paying only $45 and having saved just over $50 on the bill (so the total would have been around $95)

I got ALOT for that amount too..stockpiling a few things (canned veggies I got for $.12 each and shredded cheese that ended up being free after coupons). I have a girlfriend who is able to make money on coupons (a few bucks here and there... but hey... hard to argue with that!). She and her husband are taking a trip to europe this spring with the money she saved from couponing. I also do similar things at drugstores and shampoo, makeup and such things end up being free.

Just a thought!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

LOL, Angela... I'm exactly the same way, I don't really pay attention to anyone around me when I'm in shopping mode. I'm sooo shy in person, but if I saw you, I'd be geeking out and would HAVE to say hi.

Hi GatorEng2007! Yes, I'm a HUGE believer in the power of combining coupons with store sales! A few years ago when I was living in Georgia, I did this and got many, many things for free. It was so easy to go overboard, I had like 8 tubes of FREE toothpaste, 5 bottles of FREE BBQ sauce, 15 boxes of cereal that were less than $1 a piece... I realized after the fact that I only had to feed two people, there was no reason to be buying so much food! We ended up donating all of it to the food bank right before we moved to Oregon.

What kinds of grocery items do you find yourself using coupons for? I mean, besides toiletries and health and beauty items... from experience, it seems like there aren't very many low carb foods couponers can stockpile? You did a great job on your shopping trip though, WOW... more than 50% saved! You rock!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Day 54, February 23 ~

Today's Weight: 268 (-2)
Today's Water: 56 oz

FINALLY! After weeks of fluctuating, I finally dropped below 269. We'll see if it sticks or not.

Got the power of attorney and copy of marriage certificate from my brother and had them sent overnight to the loan company. We should be good to go now that they have everything they needed, so hopefully they'll get the docs tomorrow and will cut the check. We sign the park lease on Friday. I'm so excited!

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Strawberries & Whipped Cream

5 strawberries ($0.59)
1/2 cup whipped cream ($0.32)

Recipe Cost: $0.91
Cost Per Serving: $0.91

Lunch: Steak & Eggs

16 oz Sirloin Steak ($5.53)
6 Large Eggs ($0.72)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 tbsp Butter ($0.12)

Recipe Cost: $6.38
Cost Per Serving: $3.19

Dinner: Chicken Divine

2 16oz packages frozen broccoli ($2.50)
2 cups shredded chicken ($1.15)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese ($0.33)
1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom ($1.79)
1 cup mayonnaise ($2)
1 cup sour cream ($0.75)
2 cups cheddar cheese ($1.25)
1 tablespoon lemon juice ($0.05)
1 tablespoon curry powder ($0.25)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder ($0.10)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $10.28
Cost Per Serving: $1.71

Total Cost: $17.57
Cost Per Serving: $5.81

Old 02-24-2011, 03:24 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins (Induction)
Start Date: 1/14/2014 (again)
hello. i'm guilty of lurking your thread to get ideas on saving money while low carbing. i just had to post though because yesterday i found out about something called AngelFoodMinistries . com. they sell various food packages and accept cash money orders and food stamps. they are all over america, so if you go to the website, you can find something near you. most of the packages have high carb items, but they also have some fruit and veggie packages and also some meat packages. this program was designed to help people better afford food for their families. The idea is that you can get a $31 package and feed a family of four dinner for a week, but it follows their menu plan. I still say the meat and fruit and veggie packages are worth it. and i get the $31 package for the rest of my family since I am feeding 3 sometimes 5 more a day.

There is also SHARE. I'm not too familiar with it, but I hear it is a great help also for some people. I may be looking into it here shortly.

Also wanted to say thank you for doing all that math and work so that others may see how you are doing. you have been a big help to me in my life. I'm still struggling to try to cut down my food bill due to my low-carbing. sometimes i almost feel guilty, but i know i have to take care of myself or i will be of no help at all, or maybe even a burden, to the ones who need me most.

Proud mom of:
Jessica-23; Brooke-10; Kaitlyn-9; David-5; Sarina-3

Proud grandma of:
Ian-5 and Ethan-3

Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GatorEng2007
Stats: ht: 5'7" wt: 212.8/165/140
WOE: MWL
Start Date: 11/15/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
Hi GatorEng2007! Yes, I'm a HUGE believer in the power of combining coupons with store sales! A few years ago when I was living in Georgia, I did this and got many, many things for free. It was so easy to go overboard, I had like 8 tubes of FREE toothpaste, 5 bottles of FREE BBQ sauce, 15 boxes of cereal that were less than $1 a piece... I realized after the fact that I only had to feed two people, there was no reason to be buying so much food! We ended up donating all of it to the food bank right before we moved to Oregon.

What kinds of grocery items do you find yourself using coupons for? I mean, besides toiletries and health and beauty items... from experience, it seems like there aren't very many low carb foods couponers can stockpile? You did a great job on your shopping trip though, WOW... more than 50% saved! You rock!

I am shopping just for myself, so I don't go nuts with stockpiling. But if it is something I will use, it won't expire before I get to it, and I have space for... then I will take advantage to get the deal. My biggest issue is always saying (with my bf), "we'll just swing by publix and get something...". MY goal is to have things I need in stock. My it isn't always what I WANT to make.. but I have something I can make that might scratch the itch for whatever craving I have.

I have a limit on space in my apartment, so it really just enforces a limit how much I can get. I could have gotten a TON of frozen veggies last week for cheap... but then I would max out my freezer space :-).

You are right in that is is difficult to do on a low carb diet... the $.25 cereals don't really do anything for me, lol. But, when I do see things that are stables in my diet, i go for them. In general this is veggies, meat, cheese (esp string chees :-) ), bacon, eggs (though i won't stockpile these... but if I can get 2-3 and get a deal, I know I will use them before they go bad), water (I drink from a filter... but when the 1.5L bottles go on sale I will get some so I can replace the ones I have been carrying around...1.5L=50oz, so if I drink two bottles full I know I am good on my water ), sugar free gum. Alot of can be frozen until use so I take advantage of that (definiately have an avocado, bacon, sour cream, butter, and cheese in my freezer now)

Toiletries I just limit myself on it. I make sure I have a few extras of everything. When the stockpiles diminish I will replenish or start looking to replenish so that by the time I start to actually get low (on my last tube of toothpaste) I will have already found something. I have to put blinders on and not just get something because it is free. In some cases though, through cash back type rewards at drugstores, I might get something I know I will use to get the cash back rewards to use on something typically more expensive or that I know isn't going to be on sale much (keto sticks, supplements, contact solution) or if it is something I just plain old want, don't have and it isn't on sale :-)
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bethany, you should also get the Rewards Card from Fred Meyer-- free-- and you get a % back 4 times a year in the form of a cash coupon from what you spend there (on anything) and also they send THE BEST coupons EVER-- like $$ off meat, produce, frozen foods, etc.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke&kaitlynsmom View Post
hello. i'm guilty of lurking your thread to get ideas on saving money while low carbing. i just had to post though because yesterday i found out about something called AngelFoodMinistries . com. they sell various food packages and accept cash money orders and food stamps. they are all over america, so if you go to the website, you can find something near you. most of the packages have high carb items, but they also have some fruit and veggie packages and also some meat packages. this program was designed to help people better afford food for their families. The idea is that you can get a $31 package and feed a family of four dinner for a week, but it follows their menu plan. I still say the meat and fruit and veggie packages are worth it. and i get the $31 package for the rest of my family since I am feeding 3 sometimes 5 more a day.

There is also SHARE. I'm not too familiar with it, but I hear it is a great help also for some people. I may be looking into it here shortly.

Also wanted to say thank you for doing all that math and work so that others may see how you are doing. you have been a big help to me in my life. I'm still struggling to try to cut down my food bill due to my low-carbing. sometimes i almost feel guilty, but i know i have to take care of myself or i will be of no help at all, or maybe even a burden, to the ones who need me most.
brook&kaitlynsmom, I'm glad you decided to post. Thanks for sharing the tip about Angel Food Ministries. I've heard of them before, but had written them off for low carb because of what you said, but if they have some meat and fruit/veggie boxes now, that would definitely be worth checking out! I'll take a look and see if it's something that would work for my hubby and I.

Also, thank you for letting me know the recipe cost and breakdowns are helping you out. That makes it even more worth it to me to put in the effort. I know what you mean about feeling guilty, I've definitely been there... this WOE can be so expensive, but I'm learning very quickly that it doesn't have to be. I'm determined to get our budget back down to what it was pre-low carb. I don't even know if it's possible, but after applying some of the tips I've gotten from these wonderful ladies here, I am seeing a huge difference already, so I'm hopeful.

The things that are helping the most right now are:
  • Plan a menu every week based on what's on sale
  • Make a shopping list and stick to it
  • Buy extras of the deals that are REALLY good to stockpile
  • Shop at lower priced stores (Winco/Walmart/etc) for most items
  • Shop at warehouse stores (Costco/Sams Club/etc) for eggs, cream and salad fixins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorEng2007 View Post
I have a limit on space in my apartment, so it really just enforces a limit how much I can get. I could have gotten a TON of frozen veggies last week for cheap... but then I would max out my freezer space :-)
I'm with you. The house we are buying is only around 850 sq feet, so we're going to have very limited space also. I have grand plans to buy a chest freezer as soon as we can, but I honestly don't know where we'll put it. But seriously, that's the only way I can think of really being able to shop the sales and take advantage of the coupons that are available for the things I can eat, such as the cheese, meat and frozen veggies and fruit. Even if I only buy toiletries, cleaning products and the like, every little bit saved sure makes a difference. Sounds like you've got a great plan outlined for yourself, thank you for sharing with me, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Bethany, you should also get the Rewards Card from Fred Meyer-- free-- and you get a % back 4 times a year in the form of a cash coupon from what you spend there (on anything) and also they send THE BEST coupons EVER-- like $$ off meat, produce, frozen foods, etc.
Great tip! I got the rewards card sometime last year, but only used it once or twice because we don't go to Fred Meyer very often. However, I'm sure we'll start using it more this year because a new Fred Meyer store is opening here in Wilsonville this spring just down the street from my parent's house and only about a mile from our new house. Can't wait!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Also wanted to say.... WE GOT THE HOUSE!

We're approved and they are overnighting the check tomorrow. Not sure if it'll arrive this weekend or on Monday, but it's just a matter of time now. The next few days will be busy... have to sign the park lease, set up utilities, schedule a carpet cleaning, meet with my brother to decide on a phone/internet/tv package (he runs a business), etc...

I'm a sad panda because my precious Netrition order was on it's way for delivery today, but somehow got damaged in transit, so UPS is sending it all back. Noooo, my peanut butter bar dreams are coming to an end! Where's the smiley for a drama queen?

Hope you guys are having a great day!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

I'm so happy you got the house. that is so wonderful.

Smileys all around!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
WTG on the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats, homeowner! Now you can kiss all your extra cash you're saving on food goodbye! lol
Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Congrats, homeowner! Now you can kiss all your extra cash you're saving on food goodbye! lol
Ain't that the truth!?!

Congrats, Sapphira! I'm really happy for you.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! We signed the park lease today and spent the rest of the day setting up utilities/shopping. We did find out that they will get the check on Monday, so we won't be moving until early next week, but I babysit tomorrow and then afterward we have to go shopping for furniture & appliances and start packing what we do have. It's weird moving out with next to nothing. We only have a bed, tv stand and tv right now. Priorities, am I right?

Anyway, I don't see myself having much time to post here until the middle of next week, so I'm going to take a short break from my daily posts. Don't worry though, I'll continue to stay low carb as much as possible throughout the whole moving process and will definitely start posting again once we're a little more settled.

I hope you guys have a great weekend!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

see you soon!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

April 18 ~

Today's Weight: Didn't weigh.
Today's Vitamins: Didn't take.
Today's Water: Didn't track.

Oh my! I've been gone much longer than I intended to be. We moved into our new house and in the midst of getting settled, unpacking, buying things for the house and starting a garden (and being lazy, just keeping it real), lost track of time. I temporarily went off of low carb after we first moved in due to not having a microwave or range/oven. I put back on a few pounds, but since getting back on plan several weeks ago, they have been steadily falling back off. I forgot to weigh today, but when I weighed over the weekend I was at 273. My short term goal is to be back down to 268 by the end of April, which was the lowest weight I was at before moving. My goal of losing 100 lbs this year is probably shot, so I'll have to reevaluate once I'm back at 268.

How are my dear friends? I hope you all are still doing well on your eating plans. I will be checking in on each of your journals right after I post this.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Eggs & Sausage

3 eggs ($0.36)
3 sausage links ($0.57)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1/2 tablespoon butter ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $1.00
Cost Per Serving: $1.00

Lunch: Taco Salad

1 romaine heart ($0.66)
1/2 lb ground beef ($1.50)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese ($0.34)
2 tablespoons green onion ($0.05)
16 black olives ($0.60)
4 tablespoons ranch dressing ($0.80)

Recipe Cost: $3.95
Cost Per Serving: $1.97

Dinner: Alice Springs Chicken w/ Broccoli

2 chicken breasts ($2.35)
3 slices bacon ($0.84)
6 medium mushrooms ($1.21)
1 cup cheddar cheese ($0.68)
1 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.20)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
16 oz frozen broccoli ($0.51)
1 tablespoon butter ($0.12)

Recipe Cost: $5.92
Cost Per Serving: $2.96

Snack: Magic Peanut Butter Pudding

1 tablespoon peanut butter ($0.10)
3 tablespoons heavy cream ($0.12)
1 drop Ez-Sweetz ($0.01)
1 drop vanilla extract ($0.01)

Total Cost: $0.24
Cost Per Serving: $0.24

Total Cost: $11.11
Cost Per Serving: $6.17

Old 04-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

April 19 ~

Today's Weight: Didn't weigh.
Today's Water: 48 oz.

Today was a Tex-mex food day, I guess. Forgot to weigh again this morning. I need to get back into a routine so I'll be less forgetful. Oh well, I'll try to remember tomorrow.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Breakfast

Lunch: Hamburger Salsa Quiche

1 lb ground beef ($2.99)
3 large eggs ($0.36)
1 cup salsa ($0.32)
1 cup cheddar cheese ($0.68)

Recipe Cost: $4.35
Cost Per Serving: $1.08

Dinner: Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef ($2.99)
1/2 cup onion ($0.12)
10 medium mushrooms ($2.01)
2 teaspoons minced garlic ($0.10)
1 tablespoon cumin ($0.10)
1 teaspoon chili powder ($0.05)
8 oz cream cheese ($1.25)
20 oz Rotel ($1.98)
1 tablespoon beef soup base ($0.35)
3 cups water (free)
1/2 cup heavy cream ($0.32)

Recipe Cost: $9.27
Cost Per Serving: $1.54

Snack: Magic Peanut Butter Pudding, Beef Jerky

1 drop Ez-Sweetz ($0.01)
1/3 package beef jerky ($1.33)

Total Cost: $1.57
Cost Per Serving: $1.57

Total Cost: $15.19
Cost Per Serving: $4.19

Last edited by Sapphira; 04-19-2011 at 10:51 PM..
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WELCOME BACK!!! You'll get back into the swing of things right quick. Have a great day!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Sapphira, it is so great to see you back, feels like ole home week now.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

April 20 ~

Today's Weight: 273
Today's Water: 56 oz.

Thanks Angela and Laura for the warm welcome, it's good to be back.

The cost for lunch ingredients today are my best guess because most of the ingredients were purchased shortly after we moved in and I don't have the receipt anymore. I think it's a pretty good estimate, though.

I also remembered to weigh today! The weight hasn't been coming back off like I hoped it would. I'm hoping I can drop 5 more pounds by the end of April. 10 days left, will I make it?

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Eggs & Ham Steak

6 large eggs ($0.72)
1 ham steak ($2.49)

Recipe Cost: $3.21
Cost Per Serving: $1.60

Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad

1 cup romaine lettuce ($0.25)
4 oz grilled chicken strips ($1.00)
1 oz feta cheese ($0.25)
8 kalamata olives ($0.25)
2 tablespoons caesar dressing ($0.25)

Recipe Cost: $2.00
Cost Per Serving: $2.00

Dinner: Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef ($2.99)
1/2 cup onion ($0.12)
10 medium mushrooms ($2.01)
2 teaspoons minced garlic ($0.10)
1 tablespoon cumin ($0.10)
1 teaspoon chili powder ($0.05)
8 oz cream cheese ($1.25)
20 oz Rotel ($1.98)
1 tablespoon beef soup base ($0.35)
3 cups water (free)
1/2 cup heavy cream ($0.32)

Recipe Cost: $9.27
Cost Per Serving: $1.54

Snack: Magic Peanut Butter Pudding

1 drop Ez-Sweetz ($0.01)

Total Cost: $0.24
Cost Per Serving: $0.24

Total Cost: $14.72
Cost Per Serving: $5.38

Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 AM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great day sweetie
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

maybe put the scale where you will see it first thing in the morning...i put mine on the toilet since i am the first one up each day...that way i CAN'T miss it.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Laura, I did and I hope you did as well!

And brooke&kaitlynsmom, that's a really good idea! I forgot again this morning, but tomorrow I'll try to find a more visible place for it. Right now it's in the cabinet under the sink, not a place I think to check first thing in the morning.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

April 21 ~

Today's Weight: Forgot.
Today's Water: 48 oz.

Oops, forgot to weigh again this morning.

My hubby was able to cash in a rewards coupon today for Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for Xbox Kinect. It's this really cool game that scans your entire body and puts it on the screen while you're working out with a virtual trainer. You absolutely cannot cheat! LOL It tells you when you're out of rhythm, to go lower into your squats, to kick your legs higher... it tracks every part of your body and tells you when you're doing something wrong. There seem to be a lot of different work out routines, but I started out on beginner since I can't even remember the last time I exercised... and it seriously kicked my butt. My poor thighs!

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Breakfast

Lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad

1 cup romaine lettuce ($0.25)
4 oz grilled chicken strips ($1.00)
1 oz feta cheese ($0.25)
8 kalamata olives ($0.25)
2 tablespoons caesar dressing ($0.25)

Recipe Cost: $2.00
Cost Per Serving: $2.00

Dinner: Italian Casserole

1 lb italian sausage ($2.74)
24 oz whole mushrooms ($3.99)
1 teaspoon minced garlic ($0.05)
1/2 cup onion ($0.12)
1 teaspoon italian seasoning ($0.10)
8 oz can tomato sauce ($0.33)
1/2 cup sour cream ($0.37)
1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.50)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese ($0.66)
4 ounces mozzarella cheese ($0.20)

Recipe Cost: $9.16
Cost Per Serving: $2.29

Snack: Swiss Miss Mousse w/ Strawberries

2 cups heavy cream ($1.30)
2 packets Diet Swiss Miss Cocoa Mix ($0.20)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ($0.15)
Pinch of salt ($0.01)
4 strawberries ($0.25)

Total Cost: $1.91
Cost Per Serving: $0.47

Total Cost: $13.07
Cost Per Serving: $4.76

Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Sapphira, your menus as always look fantastic, Have a great day.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

April 22 ~

Today's Weight: 274 (+1)
Today's Water: 56 oz.

Spent most of the day out and about with my parents while hubby was at work. They were so nice to treat me to lunch... and then hubby and I went out for dinner, so my carb count is a little higher than I'd like today. Still did well for eating two meals outside of the home, though.

Busy weekend ahead of us. Hope it's a good one! Are you guys ready for Easter?

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Fried Eggs w/ Sausage Links

3 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links ($0.53)
3 Large Eggs ($0.32)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1 tbsp Butter ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $0.92
Cost Per Serving: $0.92

Lunch: Buffalo Wings & Drink

Recipe Cost: Free
Cost Per Serving: Free

Dinner: Chicken Cobb Salad & Drink

Recipe Cost: $14.38
Cost Per Serving: $214.38

Total Cost: $15.30