Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sapphira
Stats: 287/273/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2011
Day 42, February 11 ~

Today's Weight: 272 (+1)
Today's Vitamins: Forgot.
Today's Water: 40 oz

Running late and don't have time to do all the math tonight because I have to be up early to babysit tomorrow. But here is a list of what I ate today:

3 fried eggs
3 sausage links
10 buffalo wings
2 cups salad
2 oz ranch dressing
1 sugar free ice cream bar
A handful of peanuts

And my totals:

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure, I've never done this before. We don't have a real estate agent and neither does my brother, so we're kind of just making it up as we go along. I'm going to look into these title companies you speak of...
I'm glad you'll look into it. I'm surprised the lender didn't suggest it. Sure, it will cost something (you may have to ask your brother to pay closing costs or the lender to adjust the loan to cover it if it's more than you can afford to put out up front) but it's a good safety net for all concerned. Not having a realtor is not a big deal in this situation, but the title thing is another story altogether. Also, title companies know everything that has to happen, so they can help make sure that things go as they should... covering everyone's behind!

Knitting burns 100 calories per hour and is full of fiber.
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/extremeknitter/sigpic.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ter/sigpic.jpg</a>
my granddaugher

1 Jan 11 272.6 [start]•1 Feb 11 260.8•1 Mar 11 253.6•15 Apr 11 243.0 ~††[-27.6 lbs since start!!!]
Old 02-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
I'm really enjoying your posts!! Love your style of posting recipes/budget/weight loss.

How is the loan business going? A title company is a good idea. Can't remember if it is the title company that requires an appraisal as well or the mortgage lender or both? (We have been in our house for 18 years now! so things have probably changed) Have you contacted local banks/mortgage lenders to see if the request for the title by the lender before issuing the check is common practice? Or maybe ask a realty company? I know that I wouldn't want to let loose of the title without knowing the exact process for doing so.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. Best of luck!!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYA View Post
I'm surprised the lender didn't suggest it.
I think the reason they didn't suggest it was because it's more time consuming? One thing they mentioned early on in the application process is that if we aren't working with real estate agents, the funds can move very quickly once we are approved because they don't have to gather as much information or cut as many checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I'm really enjoying your posts!! Love your style of posting recipes/budget/weight loss.

How is the loan business going? A title company is a good idea. Can't remember if it is the title company that requires an appraisal as well or the mortgage lender or both? (We have been in our house for 18 years now! so things have probably changed) Have you contacted local banks/mortgage lenders to see if the request for the title by the lender before issuing the check is common practice? Or maybe ask a realty company? I know that I wouldn't want to let loose of the title without knowing the exact process for doing so.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. Best of luck!!
kcmama! I'm glad you dropped in to say hi.

What the lender told us is that they need the title to make sure it is clean. They have a copy, but said that there have been previous instances where people have edited or whited out info on the original title and when they got their hands on it, it was a big mess to get all of the lien holders off of it and they absolutely will not cut a check until they know for sure that it is free and clear of any liens. Apparently they don't need it signed though, so... IDK. I think it will all work out, though. Thanks for asking!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Day 44, February 13 ~

Today's Weight: 272
Today's Vitamins: Not Taken.
Today's Water: Didn't track it.

Confession time: I cheated. Today was a scheduled cheat day for my husband and I, but I wanted to do a test run using the carb blockers before blowing a whole day. After all, if they didn't work, I didn't want to completely undo all the hard work I've done up until now.

So last night we each took 3 capsules of NOW Phase 2 Starch Blocker and went all out. We had carby appetizers, carby entrees and hubby had a carby drink, but I had water. Of course, I was fully expecting to be thrown out of ketosis, but this was for very important research, you know!

Well let me tell you something... the food wasn't as good as I remembered. The french fries were OMGAMAZING and the breaded and fried chicken strips were oh so tasty, but the rest of it was just kind of.... blah. The honey mustard dipping sauce I had was SO. SWEET. I couldn't eat it! And it was super artificial tasting too. It was like my taste was heightened or something... I could taste all the crap in it. It wasn't real. Well, the neon yellow color could have been my first clue... LOL!

So anyway, I woke up this morning with 1 lb gain, but hubby lost 1 lb. Since I've been losing and gaining the same 1-2 lbs all month, I didn't think much of it because I was expecting MUCH worse!

So since our experiment worked out so well, we decided to proceed with our scheduled cheat day. We had mexican food for lunch but the chips and salsa were the best part for me, the rest was good but not cheat worthy. I had intended to come home and throw a roast in the oven with some veggies and resume our LC diet, but I ended up passing out and napping for 3 hrs! What the heck! Talk about a food coma! By the time I woke up, it was too late to start the roast, so we just grabbed some quick fast food and that ended our cheat day.

So all in all, some of it was incredibly satisfying... I really miss potatoes and hope to one day be able to add them back into my diet, even if only once or twice a week. But the rest? They just aren't as good as I remember. I can have so many wonderful foods on this diet and can replicate many of the same flavors I ate before low carb that cheating just isn't worth the set back. I will weigh in again in the morning and see if the carb blockers did their job.

Back on plan, starting tomorrow~
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
wanted to say hi! Been crazy busy here and havent had a chance to read teh boards.....but stopped in here just for you!

I will comment laters.....I need to run today and get some stuff done before I go to work.........talk too!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYA View Post
Happy Valentine's Day!
Thanks! Right back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
wanted to say hi! Been crazy busy here and havent had a chance to read teh boards.....but stopped in here just for you!

I will comment laters.....I need to run today and get some stuff done before I go to work.........talk too!
You're so sweet, thanks for popping in. How's the new job going? I hope it's working out better for you. Update your journal when you have a spare moment, I'd like to catch up.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
ok I updated for you!!! Be prepared.......its bad.......I had a bad LC weekend.........I acknowledged it and am moving on back to plan!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Day 45, February 14 ~

Today's Weight: 273
Today's Water: Around 40 oz or so.

I didn't get a chance to post this last night, so here it is!

~Today's Menu~

Brunch: Fried Eggs & Bacon

3 large eggs ($0.36)
2 slices bacon ($0.40)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $0.77
Cost Per Serving: $0.77

Dinner: Beef Roast w/ Onion, Turnips & Carrots

2 lbs Beef Bottom Round ($6.39)
1 bag baby carrots ($1)
2 large turnips ($2.80)
1 large onion ($1)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $11.20
Cost Per Serving: $2.80

Snack: Blue Bunny Sugar Free Ice Cream Bar ($0.41)

Total Cost: $0.41
Cost Per Serving: $0.41

Total Cost: $12.38
Cost Per Serving: $3.98

Here's a screenshot of my totals for the day:

Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
I don't know how you manage to keep all your records straight. My head would explode. BRAVO! You are doing so well!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
I don't know how you manage to keep all your records straight. My head would explode. BRAVO! You are doing so well!
It's actually not too bad. I just save receipts so I can determine what I paid for an item, add up the cost of each item in a recipe and then divide it by the number of servings. Plus things that I eat a lot I tend to remember after writing it out a number of times. I know by memory that a single egg costs 12 cents or a can of tuna is around 48-50 cents a can, depending on where I bought it. And the math that I already did has been posted each day, so I can come back here and do a quick search.

So even though it takes a little bit of time to do the math, I think over time it will help me identify the meals that are really inexpensive to make, which is my goal since I need to eat low carb for the rest of my life!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Day 46, February 15 ~

Today's Weight: 272 (-1)
Today's Vitamins: Taken.
Today's Water: 40 oz so far.

Day 2 back on low carb and so far so good. No major cravings following the cheat day until just now. For some reason peanut butter fudge sounds like pretty much the most amazing thing in the world right now. I wonder if there is a LC recipe for that? On second thought, I probably shouldn't act on that craving...

As far as my weight is concerned, I'm happy to see the water starting to come back off and I hope it continues to do so.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Fried Eggs w/ Sausage Links

3 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links ($0.53)
3 Large Eggs ($0.32)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1 tbsp Butter ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $0.92
Cost Per Serving: $0.92

Lunch: Chorizo Spinach Quiche

10 oz mexican chorizo ($1.15)
10 oz frozen spinach ($1)
1 cup monterey jack cheese ($0.66)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese ($0.31)
6 large eggs ($0.64)
1 cup heavy cream ($0.65)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $4.42
Cost Per Serving: $0.73

Dinner: Picante Chicken w/ Salad

2 lbs chicken breasts ($5.02)
1/2 cup pace picante sauce ($0.50)
3/4 cup monterey jack cheese ($0.49)
3 tablespoons green onion ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1 romaine heart ($0.66)
4 tablespoons ranch dressing ($0.80)

Recipe Cost: $7.58
Cost Per Serving: $2.52

Total Cost: $12.92
Cost Per Serving: $4.17

Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

yeah...probably best not to act on it.....

yay for that pound!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

I resisted... and was surprised by a nice 3 lb whoosh.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Day 47, February 16 ~

Today's Weight: 269 (-3)
Today's Water: 48 oz so far.

All I can say is... FINALLY! After two weeks of fluctuating up and down, the water weight has finally come back off and I'm back down to the 17 lbs I lost in January. With more than half of February gone, I wonder if I'll still be able to meet my goal of losing 8 lbs?

Tonight I wanted something sweet without a lot of carbs, so I decided to try making coconut bark with the coconut oil and Steviva I picked up last week. It turned out really bitter except for a few parts where the Steviva caramelized... that part was AH-MAY-ZING! It tasted like the real thing! So I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I'm going to have to try again.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Breakfast

Lunch: Buffalo Wings w/ Blue Cheese Dressing

10 chicken drummettes ($0.98)
2 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Sauce ($0.26)
1 tablespoon butter ($0.06)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing ($0.34)

Recipe Cost: $1.65
Cost Per Serving: $1.65

Dinner: Steak w/ Sauteed Mushrooms & Broccoli

32 oz sirloin steak ($6.61)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
Large pack of mushrooms ($3.99)
16 oz frozen broccoli ($1.25)
1/4 cup butter ($0.24)

Recipe Cost: $12.10
Cost Per Serving: $3.02

Snack: Coconut Bark ($0.15)

Total Cost: $0.15
Cost Per Serving: $0.15

Total Cost: $13.90
Cost Per Serving: $4.82

Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Hello, Sapphira! Great experiment you did with the carb pills. I may have to invest in some for my overseas trip this summer. I have read where folks have put on somewhere near 20 lbs in a very short time when they go off and eat carbs. I so do not want to return from vacation with a huge weight gain. 'Course, I may be borrowing trouble and may end up eating quite healthily but it might be good to take those along anyhow.

Congrats on the weight loss!! How are things with the house/trailer?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Well, I intended to post yesterday and was in the middle of typing it all out when my parent's dog was being naughty chasing the cats and somehow managed to get caught on the laptop cord, dragging it across the table and knocking over the cup of water I had next to me. It not only ended up all over me, but all over the laptop as well. So I quickly shut it off without saving anything. So no update for last night!

No update for tonight either since I have to babysit first thing in the morning and don't have the time to do the math. I weighed in at 270 this morning though and ate 25 carbs today. Forgot the vitamins and didn't get all my water, but close.

kcmama, I'm a believer in the carb blockers. In the past if I cheated, I'd gain all the water weight back... usually around 5 to 8 lbs. Considering how many carbs I consumed that weekend, it's a miracle I only gained 2 lbs. It came off a lot faster afterwards, too.

As for the house, we got the title from my brother and sent all the paperwork back to the lender on Thursday, which was overnighted via FedEx and they should have received them today. So now it's just a waiting game. I really hope we get the money soon because the park called to tell us we have until the 27th to sign the lease or we'll have to pay for new background checks. Ridiculous!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was NOT a good day. The previous night I only got 3 hrs of sleep and then I had to babysit my 3 month old nephew and almost 2 yr old niece for around 8 hrs. Although I love those babies, it was so exhausting. By the time I got home, I immediately started cooking the pork carnita meat I had in the fridge, but it had to cook in the oven for 2 hours which would put us eating dinner at 7:30 - 8pm. I was starving about halfway through and didn't have anything on hand, so DH and I downed some carb blockers and grabbed some fast food. I was too tired and cranky to care.

After 12 hrs of sleep, I feel so much better. And I weighed this morning at 269, down 1 lb from yesterday. With only 8 days left in the month, I highly doubt I'll meet my goal of losing 8 lbs this month, but if I can at least break the 269 barrier, it will be better than nothing at all.

Okay, I'm done ranting. This journey can't be done without bumps in the road, I suppose and I need to learn to be more forgiving of myself when they happen. That's part of the reason I've had an eating problem my whole life and I wish to end that starting now.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH NO! Don't let fast food derail you! Just shake this one off-- but next time, just low carb the fast food! Seriously! Any restaurant within a 50 mile radius of you can be low carbed-- and I know, because I live here, too! It seems about twice a month life is too bumpy and dinner just can't be made and must be ordered. It can be done! I also keep a few bonehead meals in the freezer for just these occasions-- notice all the wings I've been eating? Yeah, too lazy to make a real meal, lol!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Angela, I wanted to make wings sooo bad, even though I already had them for breakfast (I'm an addict ), but the pork was in the oven so I couldn't make them (but I am making them now... for lunch). And I briefly considered driving out to Tualatin for Carls Jr since they do lettuce wraps, but I was too hungry by that point to even care. But I definitely could have made some better choices, like a SALAD instead of a COMBO. Or losing the bun altogether. The bun was disgusting anyway, it tasted like dirty socks.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dirty socks-- where in the world did you eat? lol! Even at Mcdonalds you can order one of their salads and dump a bunch of burger innards in there. I need at least a 1/2 pounder burger to go on top the salad to fill me up, if I order one of their dainty burgers it is just too skimpy for me. Once you get used to what will fill you up when stripping away all the buns and chips and fries, it is so much easier, and you always have a back up plan when days are just crazy or you're out and about.

Which ones are nearby?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

We had Wendy's, lol. Hubby didn't have the same issue I had with the bun, so it's probably just me.

Uh, let's see... here in Wilsonville we have Sonic, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's and Taco Bell as far as fast food is concerned. And I mentioned before, but if we drive a few mins north Tualatin has Carls Jr and Jack in the Box.

That said, I never know what to order besides salads anywhere except Carls Jr. I just wasn't in the mood to drive out there and back since I was so hungry and tired.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Day 51, February 20 ~

Today's Weight: 269
Today's Water: 64 oz so far.

We're running out of food and I've been putting off a major grocery trip since it seems silly to do one right before we move, but snow is supposedly headed our way, so I'm going to go shopping tomorrow to get enough food in the house to last us a week.

If we DO get snow, we're anticipating that we'll be moving right in the middle of it. Tomorrow is President's Day, but our loan rep will be in the office anyway to work on processing our loan, so... crossing our fingers that the check gets cut THIS week. If not, I'll be pissed off... I really don't want to pay $70 for ANOTHER background check!

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Breakfast

Lunch: Buffalo Wings w/ Ranch Dressing

10 chicken drummettes ($0.98)
2 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Sauce ($0.26)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 tablespoon ranch dressing ($0.40)

Recipe Cost: $1.65
Cost Per Serving: $1.65

Dinner: Pork Carnita Tacos

3 1/2 lbs pork carnita meat ($4.87)
2 cups romaine lettuce ($0.50)
2 oz cheddar cheese ($0.33)
4 tablespoons sour cream ($0.16)
1 cup orange juice ($0.54)
4 cups water (free)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $6.41
Cost Per Serving: $1.60

Snack: Swiss Miss Mousse

2 cups heavy cream ($1.30)
2 packets Diet Swiss Miss Cocoa Mix ($0.20)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ($0.15)
Pinch of salt ($0.01)

Total Cost: $1.66
Cost Per Serving: $0.41

Total Cost: $9.72
Cost Per Serving: $3.66

Old 02-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Oh shoot, I almost forgot! I tried on a pair of jeans that I bought back in November and they actually zip now! I'm excited because I tried them on at the beginning of the month and they were close, but wouldn't zip. That means that although I haven't dropped a single pound so far this month, I must be losing inches. I haven't been able to track because my measuring tape is in a box somewhere, but there is no other way to explain it.

Hubby also mentioned that he is seeing a noticeable difference in my face. I don't see it, but I trust his opinion more than my own.

Sweet.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice work! Congrats!

Hey, just keep it in your head that you can eat at any of those places, any time, and stay on plan. BURGER INNARDS ON SALAD. Easy, quick, no drama. DIscard bun, no fries, that is all. Just dump the burgers on top of the salad, cut it all up and VOila! Meat salad. Delish.

Wilsonville is a great little area-- my husband is a tech head so we go to Fryes every so often, and of course Bullwinkles! We are actually not too far north of you!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

hope you get that check ASAP!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

I'm guessing you're in the Lake Oswego/Tigard area since you frequent Low Carb Nation, Winco, Burgerville, etc. I love it out there! I was actually looking at townhomes in that area before my brother told me his house was for sale. How funny would it be to run into you out there!

Wilsonville is so tiny, but has grown a lot. My family moved here from Washington when I was 3 years old. I pretty much lived here up until I moved to be with hubby. I remember when it was still mostly farm land, hah! Well, times sure change!

I'll have to remember burger innards on salad.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beaverton! Same diff, they all blur together. (Lake Oswego is my home town, class of '87, baby!) We should meet at Low Carb Nation one of these days! We can blahbedy blah over one of their mediocre sugar free ice creams!