Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BWYA
Stats: started 1 Jan 11: 272.6/243.0/140
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1 January 2011
My oldest (25+) uses melatonin. He swears by it. I just bought some for dh. He's had sleep issues for years. I think it's helping. I am sure that I could get better quality at "health arena" but I picked it up at the grocery store. DH takes 3mg 30 -60 min before bed.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sapphira
Stats: 287/273/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2011
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to go see if the drug store down the street has some after dinner.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Day 20. Ventured out to Low Carb Nation in search of the Chocoperfection bars I've been hearing so much about. Didn't find any, but while I was there I picked up some almond flour, another bottle of Da Vinci's syrup and some LC ice cream. I tried the ice cream.... really good, but I'm not sure I believe the carb counts, so I'm going to have to watch how it affects me.

It was also really expensive and I'm confident I could duplicate it easily. Something to try once I get the ice cream maker part for my Kitchenaid mixer, perhaps?

Also picked up some melatonin and I think I feel it kicking in. Good night, friends!

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Skipped Breakfast

Lunch: Chicken Divine

2 16oz packages frozen broccoli ($2.50)
2 cups shredded chicken ($1.15)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese ($0.33)
1 can Cream of Chicken & Mushroom ($1.79)
1 cup mayonnaise ($2)
1 cup sour cream ($0.75)
2 cups cheddar cheese ($1.25)
1 tablespoon lemon juice ($0.05)
1 tablespoon curry powder ($0.25)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder ($0.10)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $10.28
Cost Per Serving: $1.71

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Soup

2 cans Cream of Chicken & Mushroom ($3.58)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream ($0.97)
5 cups water (free)
1 cup sour cream ($0.75)
1/4 cup hot sauce ($0.25)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $6.71
Cost Per Serving: $1.11

Snack: German Chocolate Ice Cream, 10 Cashews

Total Cost: $9
Cost Per Serving: $1.05

Total Cost: $25.99
Cost Per Serving: $3.87

Here's a screenshot of my totals for the day:

Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
They still make LC Ice cream? lol! I thought when the whole LC craze died down they quit making it. Well I never ate it, I am one of those wierd ppl that dont like ice cream!

I stopped in to tell you that I bought the stuff to make the mushroom pizza's for this weekend. Steeler game on sunday and hubby has to have a snack when watching so I thought I would try it and see how it turns out! I am sure it will be good!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
They still make LC Ice cream? lol! I thought when the whole LC craze died down they quit making it. Well I never ate it, I am one of those wierd ppl that dont like ice cream!
I don't like ice cream either!!!!! Do people look at you like you have two heads when you tell them??

My husband eats lc and he eats Bryers LC ice cream. he loves it.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWYA View Post
I don't like ice cream either!!!!! Do people look at you like you have two heads when you tell them??
My kids laugh at me! I prefer coffee over ice cream! My hubby laughes cause when we would take the kids to get ice cream, I would get deep fried clam strips lol!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Breyers makes a pretty decent line, as does Blue Bunny, but the kind I got was made locally. They use Whey Low for sweetener, which I didn't realize is made from several real sugars until I came home and researched it. But oh my goodness, it was good! LOL

On the other hand, still maintaining at 275 today.

So what is it about ice cream that you ladies don't like? The texture? Temperature? Sweetness? I'm intrigued...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphira View Post
Breyers makes a pretty decent line, as does Blue Bunny, but the kind I got was made locally. They use Whey Low for sweetener, which I didn't realize is made from several real sugars until I came home and researched it. But oh my goodness, it was good! LOL

On the other hand, still maintaining at 275 today.

So what is it about ice cream that you ladies don't like? The texture? Temperature? Sweetness? I'm intrigued...
Yay for maintaining!

It's all of the above. Though I will admit that I have, when pregnant craved just a tiny bit of blue bell vanilla. I ate about 1/2 cup per pregnancy (2 of the 6) and was done! It was weird to me and my family thought I'd lost it! It was good. The next day I would think, wow that was good and try again and YUCK! Just some weird pregnancy thing, I guess.

Have a great evening!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Day 21. Today marks my 3rd week eating low carb! Mom was home today and decided to cook dinner, so rather than step on her toes in her own kitchen, the hubs and I ate out again. Our restaurant budget is used up for the month, so I'm going to have to make sure we have a few things available to reheat on the days mom wants to cook.

Can I just say that I'm loving Red Robin, though? They have been super low carb friendly and have a lot of things to choose from that I can actually have. I wish more restaurants would follow suit... especially with the lettuce wrap. Yum!

Also, I tried the 1 minute muffin for the first time today. I attempted to make a breakfast sandwich with it, but it kind of fell apart, so I just ate it with a fork. It was really good!

Oh yeah, also... the melatonin knocked me out last night! I slept about 12 hours! I only took one 5mg capsule, so I'm hoping that was just my body trying to make up for lost sleep.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: 1 Minute Muffin, 1 Egg, 2 Sausage Links

1/4 cup Almond Flour ($0.87)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder ($0.05)
1 Large Egg ($0.12)
Pinch of Salt ($0.01)
1 tbsp Butter ($0.06)
2 Banquet Brown 'N Serve Original Sausage Links ($0.20)
1 large egg ($0.12)

Recipe Cost: $1.43
Cost Per Serving: $1.43

Lunch: Chicken Tenders w/ Dipping Sauce

4 oz chicken tenders ($0.74)
1/4 cup mayonnaise ($0.50)
2 tablespoons sugar free ketchup ($0.32)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce ($0.05)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.05)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $1.67
Cost Per Serving: $1.67

Dinner: Ate Out @ Red Robin

Bacon Cheeseburger w/ Lettuce Wrap ($9.79)
Side Salad (free substitute)
5 Buzzard Wings ($4.49)
2 Sugar Free Raspberry Light Lemonades ($2.79)

Total Cost: $17.07

Total Cost: $20.17
Cost Per Serving: $20.17

Old 01-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Day 22. Up 1 pound from the last 3 days of maintaining. I have a theory that it might partially be the water I drank this morning a few hours before I weighed. I woke up thirsty, got some water, went back to bed and then weighed once I got up. Usually I don't drink anything until after I weigh, so who knows.

Just in case, I was very careful today and drank a few extra glasses of water, so hopefully within the next few days that pound (and hopefully others) will come back off.

Time to plan next week's menu and shopping list. Hope you all are having a great weekend!

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Cheddar Omelet

2 Large Eggs ($0.24)
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese ($0.15)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1 tbsp Butter ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $0.46
Cost Per Serving: $0.46

Lunch: Tuna Salad in 1/2 Pita

1 can tuna ($0.59)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise ($0.13)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1/2 Josephs Low Carb Pita ($0.24)

Recipe Cost: $0.97
Cost Per Serving: $0.97

Dinner: Chili Garlic Chicken & Broccoli

2 lbs chicken breasts ($3.98)
1 package frozen broccoli ($1.00)
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce ($0.14)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder ($0.10)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $5.33
Cost Per Serving: $1.33

Snack: 10 Cashews ($0.05), 12 Almonds ($0.25)

Total Cost: $5.00
Cost Per Serving: $0.30

Total Cost: $11.76
Cost Per Serving: $3.06

Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: time2getfit
I got caught up on your journal a bit and got hungry reading it! LOL! I want to eat at your house! Your a more creative cook and now I know what Buzzard wings are! Your avatar pic is adorable!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hate the cold of it! I love coffee way to much and ice cream hurts the teeth! Dont get me wrong give me a bowl of mint choc chip and I am in heaven but thats the only flavor I like and will eat! Loved when Mcds had the mint milkshakes every march, well they still do but I just cant have right now lol!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:43 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rawben
WOE: Low Carb - per MD 45 carbs per meal
Start Date: December 2010
Sapphire - you must shop at Winco as another reader posted. My closest Winco is 25 miles (one-way) from my home. I'll do a once a month shopping to pick up my staple items and save a ton! They do have various LC friendly foods and every little bit you save her and there really add up. Personally, I don't purchase any pre-packaged foods other than the Breyers ice cream bars. Everything else I cook or bake from scratch the LC way. I truly believe this helps in keeping costs down. The only other treat I do buy are the really high percentage chocolate bars (recommended on the Belly Fat Cure) and when I have the urge I break off a square. That's all I need. The BFC also has BBQ sauce and various other items that you can make from scratch (even ice cream) that really cut down on the cost. Good luck to you!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2getfit View Post
I got caught up on your journal a bit and got hungry reading it! LOL! I want to eat at your house!
That happens to me a lot on these forums... there are so many posts with recipes and pictures that cause a rumbly in my tumbly!

Quote:
Hate the cold of it! I love coffee way to much and ice cream hurts the teeth! Dont get me wrong give me a bowl of mint choc chip and I am in heaven but thats the only flavor I like and will eat! Loved when Mcds had the mint milkshakes every march, well they still do but I just cant have right now lol!
Ooh, mint is my weakness! Thank goodness Breyer's still makes a low carb mint choco chip ice cream. On the other hand, I can't keep it in the house or I'll eat the whole container. Self control? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawben View Post
Sapphire - you must shop at Winco as another reader posted. My closest Winco is 25 miles (one-way) from my home. I'll do a once a month shopping to pick up my staple items and save a ton! They do have various LC friendly foods and every little bit you save her and there really add up. Personally, I don't purchase any pre-packaged foods other than the Breyers ice cream bars. Everything else I cook or bake from scratch the LC way. I truly believe this helps in keeping costs down. The only other treat I do buy are the really high percentage chocolate bars (recommended on the Belly Fat Cure) and when I have the urge I break off a square. That's all I need. The BFC also has BBQ sauce and various other items that you can make from scratch (even ice cream) that really cut down on the cost. Good luck to you!
Hi Rawben, thanks for dropping by! Thank you for sharing your experience on Winco, I think I'll check it out next month. I used to plan menu's a month at a time too, but since moving in with my parents, it's harder to buy that much at once because we aren't eating the same things. As soon as I move my butt into my own place, I may consider doing that again.

The closest Winco to me is about 15 - 20 mins, so not too far of a drive, but I like to be prepared and have a list when I shop and don't really know what they sell. So I think maybe the first time I go, I'll just take my normal grocery list and see how much I can pick up at Winco and then get whatever I can't at my local grocer. What do you think? What kinds of things do you specifically like to stock up on at Winco each month?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Day 23. Back down to 275 today. I really wanted peanut butter today, so I decided to finally crack open that jar of PB2 I bought at the start of the month and give it a try. Um... YUM! I picked up some sugar free strawberry preserves made with splenda at the store today and made myself a good ol' pb&j on half of a pita. I'm really loving those pitas, by the way... there are so many things you can do with them. I just wish I could find them locally.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Peanut Butter & Jelly Pita

2 tablespoons PB2 Peanut Butter ($0.26)
1 tablespoon water (free)
1 tablespoon Smuckers Sugar-Free Strawberry Preserves ($0.12)
1/2 Joseph's Low Carb Pita ($0.24)

Recipe Cost: $0.62
Cost Per Serving: $0.62

Lunch: Chorizo Scramble

1 link of Mexican Chorizo ($1.49)
6 Large Eggs ($0.72)
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese ($0.15)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 tbsp Butter ($0.12)

Recipe Cost: $2.49
Cost Per Serving: $1.24

Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Tenders

8 oz Chicken Tenders ($1.24)
4 tablespoons Frank's Buffalo Sauce ($0.60)
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder ($0.05)
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder ($0.05)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing ($0.47)

Recipe Cost: $2.42
Cost Per Serving: $1.21

Snack: German Chocolate Ice Cream ($0.81)

Total Cost: $0.81
Cost Per Serving: $0.81

Total Cost: $6.34
Cost Per Serving: $3.88

Old 01-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Day 24. I seem to be a yo-yo on the scale these days... keep losing and regaining the same pound over and over again. I can't wait to see any number under 275! I have noticed that my calorie intake for the last three days has been under 1000. Could that be why?

My mom is freaking out that I'm eating so few calories... I keep telling her it's not like I'm starving, I am eating quite well... at least 2, usually 3 whole meals a day, often with a snack or two if I'm hungry. It's just that the things I have been eating are fairly low cal. Today was a little bit "better" in that respect, but still well under the calorie deficit required for me to lose at the weight I am. I'm confused, too... do calories even matter or should I be strictly counting carbs for the time being?

I'm doing this based on past knowledge of the Atkins diet with a few tweaks here and there to make it work better for me, but it's been a very long time since I've read the book. Maybe I should see if the library has a copy and give it another read.

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Tuna Salad in Pita, 5 Green Olives, 1 String Cheese

1 can tuna ($0.59)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise ($0.13)
1 romaine leaf ($0.05)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
10 green olives ($0.35)
1 mozzarella stick ($0.16)

Recipe Cost: $1.53
Cost Per Serving: $1.53

Lunch: Roast Beef, Ham & Swiss Pita

2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Roast Beef ($0.33)
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Smoked Ham ($0.33)
1 slice Tillamook Swiss Cheese ($0.18)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $2.28
Cost Per Serving: $1.14

Dinner: Coney Island Chili Dog Pie

1 pound ground beef ($2.33)
1/4 cup onion ($0.10)
2 tablespoons chili powder ($0.05)
1 teaspoon cumin ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 teaspoons yellow mustard ($0.05)
1 tablespoon hot sauce ($0.12)
8 ounce can tomato sauce ($0.59)
5 hot dogs ($2.50)
2 eggs ($0.24)
1/2 cup mayonnaise ($1)
1/4 cup heavy cream ($0.16)
1 cup cheddar cheese ($0.62)

Recipe Cost: $7.87
Cost Per Serving: $1.31

Total Cost: $11.68
Cost Per Serving: $3.98

Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Most days my calories are about the same. I don't think it's too little. We are trying to lose weight after all. But I can see where your mom is coming from, too. That's what moms do!

Where are you in your cycle? You may have that whole bloat thing going on. I saw that last cycle. For the last 2 weeks of my cycle (from about ovulation to the end) it was up, down, up, down and then at about day 5 of my period things turned around and I had a little "whoosh" and my weight has been going steadily down for these past few days. I am expecting that I'll hit that stall/bloating thing in another week or so.

If you think about it, it really is unlikely to be fat that you're gaining/losing. They say it requires 3500 calories (either surplus or deficit) for a pound. Do you really think one day you ate 3500 too much and the next 3500 too few? It's got to be mostly water.

Now the question is, what is the water from? Cycle or foods?

It helped me to not weigh for a bit. Your mileage may vary!

Knitting burns 100 calories per hour and is full of fiber.
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/extremeknitter/sigpic.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ter/sigpic.jpg</a>
my granddaugher

1 Jan 11 272.6 [start]•1 Feb 11 260.8•1 Mar 11 253.6•15 Apr 11 243.0 ~††[-27.6 lbs since start!!!]
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Most days my calories are about the same. I don't think it's too little. We are trying to lose weight after all. But I can see where your mom is coming from, too. That's what moms do!

Where are you in your cycle? You may have that whole bloat thing going on. I saw that last cycle. For the last 2 weeks of my cycle (from about ovulation to the end) it was up, down, up, down and then at about day 5 of my period things turned around and I had a little "whoosh" and my weight has been going steadily down for these past few days. I am expecting that I'll hit that stall/bloating thing in another week or so.

If you think about it, it really is unlikely to be fat that you're gaining/losing. They say it requires 3500 calories (either surplus or deficit) for a pound. Do you really think one day you ate 3500 too much and the next 3500 too few? It's got to be mostly water.

Now the question is, what is the water from? Cycle or foods?

It helped me to not weigh for a bit. Your mileage may vary!
Thanks for the input... you're definitely right, it has to be water. It's probably food related. I haven't been getting nearly enough vegetables and I think they are what really help me to lose. I need to be eating more salads and veggie sides or at least make a vegetable soup to have with all of the protein I've been consuming. When I make things like stir fry or casseroles, I seem to do okay in the veggie department, but the last few days have been quick, no fuss meals... usually all protein and fat.

I suppose it could also be my cycle, although that has always been very unpredictable for me. In fact, up until just recently, I hadn't even HAD one for over a year. I did have a short period for two days earlier in the month, though. So who knows...

Oh well, I'm content that I met my goal for the month and then some. As long as I can lose 4 more pounds by the end of February, I'll still be on track. I'm in this for the long haul, so a few pounds gained here and there are just something I'm going to have to work around.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

My opinion on the yo yoing is, you should cut the pita's to maybe once or twice a week and add lettuce to make a wrap. I learned way back when, that not being able to add white starches but being able to add whole wheat was killer for me. It would stall me in a heart beat or the yo yo would happen. Cause I would find meals to make life easier using it everytime I could. Once I cut them to a "special treat". I would start losing again. Everyone is different but its a place to look at first.

Here try this recipe for buffalo chicken soup, less carbs and quite good!

1/4 cup butter
5 stalks of celery, (diced)
1 small onion
1/2 cup half and half
3 cups water
1 cube chicken boullion
3 cups cooked and cubed chicken
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar
1/4 cup ranch dressing
salt and pepper to taste

(on maintance you can add 1/2 cup of rice for texture thing)

simmer in a pot for about 1/2 hour or so. Can be frozen!

I seen your recipe for the buffalo chicken soup with the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup added, lots of carbs you can take out with the above recipe!

Well off to the grocery store myself in a bit. Read the up til the first phase for south beach, got my list and gonna start it then read about the second phase!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!

Last edited by krow134; 01-25-2011 at 05:58 AM..
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I suppose it could also be my cycle, although that has always been very unpredictable for me. In fact, up until just recently, I hadn't even HAD one for over a year. I did have a short period for two days earlier in the month, though. So who knows...
Thats great!!! Means the WOE is working!!! Dont be surprized by the more and more it works to actually have spotting from time to time now too! Hormones stores in the fat and once its released it does what it was suppose to do in the first place!!!! Yeah you!!!!! Thats a big step forward in progress! You just didnt realize it!!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

The short period also could have been breakthrough bleeding, prior to ovulation and it might be that you're trying to ovulate and have a "real cycle". LC definitely improves my cycles in most ways. Last spring through fall I was having short, anovulatory cycles. 23 - 25 days, but with lighter flow. Now I am ovulating again, but my flow is a bit heavier. The cramping was almost nonexistent though! Yippee! I also don't get cycle related acne when I LC. That is extremely awesome as you feel really stupid and yucky when you're zitty at 45!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My opinion on the yo yoing is, you should cut the pita's to maybe once or twice a week and add lettuce to make a wrap. I learned way back when, that not being able to add white starches but being able to add whole wheat was killer for me. It would stall me in a heart beat or the yo yo would happen. Cause I would find meals to make life easier using it everytime I could. Once I cut them to a "special treat". I would start losing again. Everyone is different but its a place to look at first.
The first package of pitas was used up today and the other two packages are in the freezer, so it'll be easier to stay away from them. They are just so convenient and tasty! I always only use half of one despite the serving size because it's more than enough once you get all your fillings inside. I really hope they aren't stalling me, but I'm going to try giving them a break for the rest of the week to see what happens.

Good luck with South Beach and your shopping! Hope it works great for you!

Quote:
Thats great!!! Means the WOE is working!!! Dont be surprized by the more and more it works to actually have spotting from time to time now too! Hormones stores in the fat and once its released it does what it was suppose to do in the first place!!!! Yeah you!!!!! Thats a big step forward in progress! You just didnt realize it!!
That's what I told my hubby... I don't think it's a coincidence that I can go months and months and months without a cycle, but a week into eating low carb foods (which also happens to be the diet recommended for women with PCOS), I see some spotting. It's very encouraging!

Quote:
The short period also could have been breakthrough bleeding, prior to ovulation and it might be that you're trying to ovulate and have a "real cycle". LC definitely improves my cycles in most ways. Last spring through fall I was having short, anovulatory cycles. 23 - 25 days, but with lighter flow. Now I am ovulating again, but my flow is a bit heavier. The cramping was almost nonexistent though! Yippee! I also don't get cycle related acne when I LC. That is extremely awesome as you feel really stupid and yucky when you're zitty at 45!
Very good point. I think this is something I'm going to have to track over the course of many months to see if there is a pattern. I honestly don't know when my cycle begins or ends because it is so sporadic and sometimes there aren't any signs until I start bleeding, which makes it even harder to track. But if my weight is any indication of what's going on internally, it will be helpful to know when to expect it.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Day 25. Back down to 275 today. The heartburn is back. I noticed it last night and have had it off and on all day... not a huge deal, as it's not nearly as frequent as it was before I started LC, but still kind of annoying. I took some TUMS... um, whoooooaaa... talk about being as sweet as candy!

Hey you guys, have you noticed any changes in your skin while on LC? My face is soooo dry and flaky these days and I can't for the life of me figure out why! I've always had combination skin... you know, the oily t-zone and somewhat dryer cheeks, but lately my entire face has been as dry as a desert! No amount of exfoliating or moisturizer is helping. I'm beginning to wonder if it is diet related...

~Today's Menu~

Breakfast: Roast Beef, Ham & Swiss Pita

2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Roast Beef ($0.33)
2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Smoked Ham ($0.33)
1 slice Tillamook Swiss Cheese ($0.18)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise ($0.06)

Recipe Cost: $1.14
Cost Per Serving: $1.14

Lunch: Coney Island Chili Dog Pie, Salad

1 pound ground beef ($2.33)
1/4 cup onion ($0.10)
1 teaspoon cumin ($0.10)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)
2 teaspoons yellow mustard ($0.05)
8 ounce can tomato sauce ($0.59)
5 hot dogs ($2.50)
2 eggs ($0.24)
1/2 cup mayonnaise ($1)
1/4 cup heavy cream ($0.16)
1 cup cheddar cheese ($0.62)
1 cup romaine lettuce ($0.25)
1 tablespoon sunflower kernals ($0.05)
2 tablespoons ranch dressing ($0.40)

Recipe Cost: $8.57
Cost Per Serving: $2.01

Dinner: Pepperoni & Feta Pizza (Cheese Crust)

1/4 cup mozzarella cheese ($0.20)
1/4 cup cheddar cheese ($0.07)
9 slices pepperoni ($0.24)
1 teaspoon feta cheese ($0.08)
Dusting of Seasonings ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $1.20
Cost Per Serving: $$0.60

Total Cost: $10.91
Cost Per Serving: $3.75

Old 01-26-2011, 04:44 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

The skin change I've noticed is that I no longer get acne related to my cycle. I was surprised it was gone right away! I didn't think I'd been eating on plan long enough for it to stop it 2 weeks in, but it was long enough! I love, love, love it!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The skin change I've noticed is that I no longer get acne related to my cycle. I was surprised it was gone right away! I didn't think I'd been eating on plan long enough for it to stop it 2 weeks in, but it was long enough! I love, love, love it!
You did mention that before. That's really great news! I also have noticed less blemishes, but the dry patchiness just started this week.

After my post last night I started the Oil Cleansing Method. It's still dry and patchy, but I'm going to keep this up daily because I've done this in the past with great results and you just can't beat the cost.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Day 26. Woohoo, finally! Right on down to 274!

Hey guys, wanna know a secret? Hubby and I are trying to get financing to buy a house from my brother. He and his wife just had their second baby a few months ago and have outgrown their current house, so they are closing on a new one tomorrow and have put the other on the market. It's an older mobile home that my brother completely renovated, but so far the two loan applications we've put in have been denied due to the age of the house. Please keep us in your prayers! We're really hoping a lender will come through for us.

~Today's Menu~

Brunch: 3 Fried Eggs, 3 Sausage Links

Banquet Brown 'N Serve Original Sausage Links ($0.30)
6 eggs ($0.37)
1 tablespoon butter ($0.06)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $0.74
Cost Per Serving: $0.74

Dinner: Tex-Mex Chicken Soup

1/4 cup onion ($0.10)
1 can Rotel ($1)
1/2 cup salsa ($0.50)
1/2 can black olives ($0.75)
5 medium mushrooms ($1.33)
10 oz frozen spinach ($1)
1 tablespoon cumin ($0.30)
Salt & Pepper ($0.01)

Recipe Cost: $6.31
Cost Per Serving: $1.05

Snack: 10 Whole Cashews ($0.05), 1 Russel Stover Chocolate Truffle ($0.06)

Total Cost: $0.11
Cost Per Serving: $0.11

Total Cost: $7.16
Cost Per Serving: $1.90

Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Great news on your 274! Yeah you!

Oh fingers crossed on the loan!!! Good luck!!! We have an older mobile that we completely remodeled and I totally love this place! Lived here 10 years now! Unfortunally, the banks are NOT very good about giving loans for them. Unless you go personal loan route. Which then they only allow so much and you might end up with a couple personal loans.

Maybe your bro can do a rent to own thing with you....

I remember when we were trying to get a new mobile....went threw all that with the bank to be told no cause it was a trailer. So we had given up hope! Then like a month later, some guy my hubby worked with had car troubles couldnt get another car and was walking to work....told hubby we had 3 cars at the time and we didnt need the 3rd. So we agreed to give him the old bronco 2 we had for winter purposes sitting in the driveway. It was old and had a few things wrong with it but nothing major. Well the guy was sooooooo happy and so was his father in law......cause his father in law gave us the trailer we have now. He said it needed fix up a bit but he was gonna tear it down and scrape it, but if we could move it we could have it! So we laugh still that we traded a car for a trailer! Hubby ran all new electric wires and we remodeled all but the one bedroom and other than the outside looking its age for now, you would think it was new! We are gonna paint it this spring. Was gonna last spring but we couldnt agree on a color lol!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great news on your 274! Yeah you!

Oh fingers crossed on the loan!!! Good luck!!! We have an older mobile that we completely remodeled and I totally love this place! Lived here 10 years now! Unfortunally, the banks are NOT very good about giving loans for them. Unless you go personal loan route. Which then they only allow so much and you might end up with a couple personal loans.

Maybe your bro can do a rent to own thing with you....

I remember when we were trying to get a new mobile....went threw all that with the bank to be told no cause it was a trailer. So we had given up hope! Then like a month later, some guy my hubby worked with had car troubles couldnt get another car and was walking to work....told hubby we had 3 cars at the time and we didnt need the 3rd. So we agreed to give him the old bronco 2 we had for winter purposes sitting in the driveway. It was old and had a few things wrong with it but nothing major. Well the guy was sooooooo happy and so was his father in law......cause his father in law gave us the trailer we have now. He said it needed fix up a bit but he was gonna tear it down and scrape it, but if we could move it we could have it! So we laugh still that we traded a car for a trailer! Hubby ran all new electric wires and we remodeled all but the one bedroom and other than the outside looking its age for now, you would think it was new! We are gonna paint it this spring. Was gonna last spring but we couldnt agree on a color lol!!!!
Banks are very stingy on giving out personal loans these days. We looked into it and even with an excellent credit score, zero debt and a down payment, they wouldn't loan us the amount we need.

We did find a lender that specifically finances mobile homes that has pre-approved us and said that as long as we can get the rest of the info they need by Monday, they may be able to cut the check as early as next Friday! So keep those fingers crossed for us!

That is amazing how things worked out for you guys! My brother had an interesting story, too. The previous owner had defaulted on payments to the park and they gave him 30 days to sell or they would acquire the home. He couldn't sell, the park got the home and with it, about $500 in back taxes. They were just going to tear the thing down, but my brother asked them if they would let him have the house if he would pay the back taxes and space rent. So essentially he bought the house for $500 bucks! It was in bad shape, but he completely remodeled it, put a new roof on, new carpet, new cabinets and newer appliances. It looks like new, despite being my age!

He and his wife just bought another home in the same park, just down the street from the one he wants to sell to us and plans to remodel that one as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I am so glad you found financing! How exciting to get on your own (again) and to be close to your brother!

You are rockin' the weightloss, girly! Keep it up!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I hope you get your loan!!!! That would be so good for you guys!!! Keep us in the know!!!!