Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Past Amazing Posts! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/past-amazing-posts/)
-   -   Thanks for the troops (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/past-amazing-posts/649798-thanks-troops.html)

Pati 12-03-2009 09:15 AM

Thanks for the troops
 
My mom just sent this to me in an email - really cool, IMO. Check it out. You can send thank you cards to troops serving overseas - no cost to you and very little time. :up:

Let's Say Thanks

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...ctions1024.gif

BigBravesGirl 12-03-2009 09:48 AM

:up: Thanks Pati and Pati's Mom! :up:

Sheridan 12-03-2009 10:19 AM

:cool: Thanks!

Pati 12-03-2009 10:19 AM

:love: Bumping.

Thanks Lisa.

BigBravesGirl 12-03-2009 10:20 AM

I asked for this to be a sticky! ;)

Pati 12-03-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheridan (Post 12817932)
:cool: Thanks!

And Thank you Sheridan!

Sun_Luvin 12-03-2009 10:27 AM

Thanks and done!!

Just scrolling through the card options had me choked up. :cry:

BigBravesGirl 12-03-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun_Luvin (Post 12817994)
Thanks and done!!

Just scrolling through the card options had me choked up. :cry:

I know. And I was emotional already today. It's okay. Nothing wrong with a good cry! ;)

Pati 12-03-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBravesGirl (Post 12818017)
I know. And I was emotional already today. It's okay. Nothing wrong with a good cry! ;)

As long as its a good one, and not a bad one!

:hugs: Thank you Amy.

I do know that the majority of our troops really do appreciate the little gestures like this. It helps them to know that they are not forgotten. Because sometimes it can feel like it to them.

Pati 12-03-2009 12:45 PM

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...mages/bump.gif

Sharon 12-03-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBravesGirl (Post 12817945)
I asked for this to be a sticky! ;)

Great idea.

Pati 12-04-2009 06:20 AM

:love: Thank you Mods. For anyone who's doing this - Whether you post in the thread or not. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You may warm the heart of a soldier far from home and lonely.

wifey 12-04-2009 04:33 PM

Thank you so much for posting this! I did it a couple times so far.

Bluqq 12-06-2009 04:46 AM

I posted it on my FB! Great stuff Pati!

Spider_Lily 12-06-2009 04:56 AM

Someone sent me that e-mail last week too.I thought it was a great idea.I went to the site and made a card from my family.

GetFitNYC 12-07-2009 01:22 PM

Very cool!
Actually trying to find a way to get the band out to play for the troops overseas!
Anyone has any suggestions or friends who can help, let me know. We'll go right away.

Pati 12-07-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadsinger777 (Post 12834504)
Very cool!
Actually trying to find a way to get the band out to play for the troops overseas!
Anyone has any suggestions or friends who can help, let me know. We'll go right away.

:clap: That would be awesome! See if you can find a contact for the USO.

turbotex 12-08-2009 10:42 AM

Done!

GetFitNYC 12-08-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wife of a Vet (Post 12834668)
:clap: That would be awesome! See if you can find a contact for the USO.

Sent an email to the USO. Hope they come back with good news.
Also posted the link to FB...

Stormyskies 12-10-2009 11:22 AM

This is such a great thing to do. :heart:

Queenie324 12-15-2009 12:06 PM

Thank you for the link. I sent mine today!

Pati 12-15-2009 12:15 PM

:hugs: Thank you everyone!

batwing 12-15-2009 01:56 PM

I just sent mine too :)

Southern-Dahlin 12-16-2009 12:45 PM

Can you do it more than once?

Now i feel like hugging a soldier

GetFitNYC 12-16-2009 01:02 PM

Waiting on a contact at Fort Hood to get back to me about the band performing for the troops.
In the meantime, if any of you has a contact please let me know.

Rick

Priest 12-24-2009 10:22 AM

A very Merry Christmas to all of those serving and their families. You sacrifice and not being with your loved ones allows me to be with mine and for that I am truly grateful.

JanMarie3 03-24-2010 01:02 PM

My baby girl and her husband are headed to Taji, Iraq right now. They will be there for about a year and a half. I went to Fort Riley, Kansas for the deployment ceremony, it had been changed four times, then it was changed again at the last minute so I couldn't be there for that. :mad:

GOD BLESS AND KEEP SAFE ALL OF OUR ARMED FORCES:heart:

Pati 03-26-2010 02:21 PM

Jan - :hugs: Good thoughts to both of them.

SweetPoison2 03-28-2010 08:53 AM

Prayers and good wishes to all troops!!:aprayer:

GetFitNYC 03-30-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanMarie3 (Post 13291948)
My baby girl and her husband are headed to Taji, Iraq right now. They will be there for about a year and a half. I went to Fort Riley, Kansas for the deployment ceremony, it had been changed four times, then it was changed again at the last minute so I couldn't be there for that. :mad:

GOD BLESS AND KEEP SAFE ALL OF OUR ARMED FORCES:heart:

Wishing them the best...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 AM.