Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dredaye9
Stats: 171/156/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: August2014
Is there a dollar store by you? Yesterday I found pepperoni, cream cheese ,eggs, all sorts of LC stuff there. Also, ifyoure on the go the mcdonalds dollar menu side salad and mcdouble plain minus the bun

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chiody
Stats: 245/153/165 6'0" Diabetic T2, No Meds 22 yrs.
WOE: LC/Paleo/IF (Maintenance) HbA1C 4.5 2011
10 Patties of beef....yummmm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredaye9 View Post
Is there a dollar store by you? Yesterday I found pepperoni, cream cheese ,eggs, all sorts of LC stuff there. Also, ifyoure on the go the mcdonalds dollar menu side salad and mcdouble plain minus the bun
I get mine (5 of them) minus ketchup, extra "reconsituted" onions, extra pickles too...no buns consumed of course.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Ditto on the SOUP! I always end up with WAYYY more soup than I intended to make and will eat it for days. Its a great way to clean out the vegetable drawer.

Right now, I have tons cabbage soup (its made like the the minestrone at Carrabbas). Just a head of napa cabbage, an onion, celery, carrot, diced fresh tomato, and a can of green green beans - add chicken stock, rinds of parmesan cheese (I think I added an end of sharp white cheddar too since I didnt have a lot of parmesan), garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper. You could add other stuff as well, squash or zucchini come to mind, or garbanzo beans if you eat higher carb.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: steady
Stats: 110/95 5'2
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Ditto on the SOUP! I always end up with WAYYY more soup than I intended to make and will eat it for days. Its a great way to clean out the vegetable drawer.

Right now, I have tons cabbage soup (its made like the the minestrone at Carrabbas). Just a head of napa cabbage, an onion, celery, carrot, diced fresh tomato, and a can of green green beans - add chicken stock, rinds of parmesan cheese (I think I added an end of sharp white cheddar too since I didnt have a lot of parmesan), garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper. You could add other stuff as well, squash or zucchini come to mind, or garbanzo beans if you eat higher carb.

Funny, right now, I am eating leftover soup of napa, onion, celery, carrots w. veal & shrimp meatballs in an Asian broth.

I agree, soup goes so far and great way clean the fridge.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
At the top of the Main Low Carb Lobby Forum is a sticky called "eating within your low carb budget." LOTS of great budget ideas.