Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Please don't poop in other peoples threads... it's not a litterbox

Now that we have your attention... We have gotten a lot of complaints from members that their threads end up being played on. So much so, their topic gets completely lost. Please have respect for others and do not threadjack other members threads. If a thread you are reading brings to mind something that is not on topic please just start another thread...

Plus I wanted to remind you to not use profanity. This does include typing the word in a different way to get around the censor. If the word is censored then it shouldn't be used or implicated. You all are creative people and know how to get your point across without having a pottymouth. There are several reasons why we have this rule so please be more careful... We also have noticed there has been an awful lot of sexual innuendo comments on threads.. Please refrain from doing that as it isn't allowed either. When you play on someones thread sometimes people have their threads deleted because others can't help themselves and end up ruining their entire thread... this isn't fair to them so please think before hitting the submit button. If any of these things are happening in your thread please bring it to the admins attention by clicking on the triangle with the exclamation point inside it (located on the bottom left hand side of the post and looks like:) to report it so that we can fix it before it gets too out of hand...

We want you all to have fun.. but please be considerate of others.

Thanks!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Queen Mab
Yes ma'am.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
formerly Mum22

Gallery: Tennis4.0
Start Date: 12/1/06
Yes ma'am.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shirrell
Stats: crap/ok/sigh
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2000
"When you play on someones thread sometimes people have their threads deleted because others can't help themselves and end up ruining their entire thread... this isn't fair to them so please think before hitting the submit button. "

Thank you
Old 08-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Not Jake

Gallery: Jake
WOE: Plain old Atkins
Start Date: 8/22/1973
Thank you Cheri - I hope I haven't caused this sort of situation, but I suspect I may have. I really do apologize to anyone on this board that I have irritated, upset, or disturbed. I tend to let my fingers type ahead of my heart, and if anyone here has felt compromised by my interjections, I really do apologize.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Pauly Paul
Are My Kellie Pickler threads safe now?

Nice post Cheri
Old 08-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #7

Location: The Ninth Ring of Hell, cleverly disguised as Phoenix
Gallery: DivaHerself
Stats: My ass is still big enough to kick yours
WOE: Wedding Cake Martinis, Darvocet & frozen Twinkies
Start Date: As if. Fix your own damn dinner.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 AM   #8
Miss Innocent

Gallery: Crohnie
Stats: 196/179/149
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 07/01/10

Old 08-03-2007, 05:55 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Acura
Stats: 5'9 Start BMI 53.3 310 7/22/2007
WOE: RNY exercise, lots and lots of cardo
Start Date: 7/22/2007
After posting here and getting such good advise from caring people on weight loss, I thought this would be a good place to vent about my issue with my step son.

I just wanted to thank those that posted about the topics and tried to assist.

Last edited by Acura; 08-03-2007 at 05:56 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 06:24 AM   #10

Gallery: catkin
Stats: Made Goal! 132 lbs.
WOE: hhcg
What, no soap? Where's Lo?

(((Cheri)))
Old 08-03-2007, 07:04 AM   #11

Gallery: melsybop
Stats: praying in the Grotto
WOE: waiting for the prayers to take hold
Start Date: no time like now
Old 08-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #12

Gallery: Jenbo
Old 08-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #13

Gallery: auntiem59
WOE: Let me count the ways..
Start Date: Every day at 8:00 a.m. sharp!
It's Jormy's fault.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #14

Gallery: karenb
Thankyou Cheri. I feel that too many of mine have been threadjacked by people. If you don't care about the thread don't play with it. If I don't like your thread I just ignore it. We all have things we're not interested and things we want to talk about.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
Psi
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psi
Stats: 30 yr old 5'5"
WOE: foods that satisfy my palate& dissapoint the scale
Start Date: 1/16/2006 @ :( 188
that's exactly why there are spin off threads
I just don't understand why if one goes out of their way to create a new thread to address a topic that would have offended/distorted the op and their questioning in the old/original thread they get deleted

and if there are people easily offended nobody is forcing them to enter or stay in the offensive threads...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #16

A HA!!!!

I knew it existed!!!

Maybe for those who do not care to have their serious threads go *off topic*(in the off topic forum*shrug* ) could go post all their problems here..... http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/he...upport-groups/ and their feelings will be spared.

Just a thought?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #17
Playground Sweetheart

Gallery: Nancy Pancy
Stats: 160/146.4/WTHk
WOE: LowerCarbs/Plenty of Walking
Start Date: 03/03/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsybop View Post
A HA!!!!

I knew it existed!!!

Maybe for those who do not care to have their serious threads go *off topic*(in the off topic forum*shrug* ) could go post all their problems here..... http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/he...upport-groups/ and their feelings will be spared.

Just a thought?
An excellent idea Mel! I seriously thought the playground was for playing in. No offense is meant in playing in threads, in just fun play.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #18
Cake Lover

Gallery: chefchick66
Stats: 14/6-8/Solid 6
WOE: Eating to Run and Running to EAT!
Start Date: August 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Pancy View Post
An excellent idea Mel! I seriously thought the playground was for playing in. No offense is meant in playing in threads, in just fun play.
Some people are just WAAAYYY too serious... If they get THIS bent out of shape on a message board imagine how they react to stuff IRL.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #19

Gallery: BeyondClueless
Quote:
A HA!!!!

I knew it existed!!!

Just a thought?
Good idea.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #20
Psi
Blabbermouth!!!

**** threadjack****

And i thought mel has gone soft before the edit

hahaha

end threadjack

sorry cheri
lolol

Last edited by Psi; 08-03-2007 at 08:20 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Acura
Stats: 5'9 Start BMI 53.3 310 7/22/2007
WOE: RNY exercise, lots and lots of cardo
Start Date: 7/22/2007
I would like to state for the record. I didnt not report what was going on in the thread I started.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura View Post
I would like to state for the record. I didnt not report what was going on in the thread I started.
That may very well be but someone did.Plus you started another thread complaining about it.

Instead of doind that you should have reported it,then no one would be bent out of shape.

It is a hard decision to make and even us old timers slip but if there is something in a thread bothering you do NOT start a new one complaining about it.

~oops!~ this is actually Cheris job,,,,I am not an admin nor do I play one on TV
Old 08-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rimom1969
Stats: fluffy not fat
Start Date: orig 3/2004, two more times since then
Excellent post, Cheri. I actually have tried to post over in the support thread with only 1 response. If I need advice or want a serious off topic thread, I will post it on the PG. That's where I get the best response that isn't filled with religious postings (no flaming please - I just don't like when the responses I get are filled with "God" references as I am an agnostic)
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #24
Psi
Blabbermouth!!!

UMm

Can we have a Playground/litterbox spinoff?

everyone is welcome to poop in my litterbox
It's pink

invitations are in the mail

Last edited by Psi; 08-03-2007 at 08:35 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oreo2
WOE: lc
Maybe we can add PDM to the end of a thread title (Please don't move) for temporary forum posting? The playground gets certain poster traffic that other forums don't get and sometimes threads are posted here for that reason even if they do belong elsewhere. Recipe threads are just one example that comes to mind. Maybe the admins will allow a set time before a thread is moved, say 24 hrs? I have seen threads linger before moving. By adding PDM posters recognize that it isn't necessarily a "playground" joking thread, but a poster-traffic-targeted thread. Clear as mud? Or maybe some other abbrev. can be added to the title to indicate t/j may offend.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo2 View Post
Maybe we can add PDM to the end of a thread title (Please don't move) for temporary forum posting? The playground gets certain poster traffic that other forums don't get and sometimes threads are posted here for that reason even if they do belong elsewhere. Recipe threads are just one example that comes to mind. Maybe the admins will allow a set time before a thread is moved, say 24 hrs? I have seen threads linger before moving. By adding PDM posters recognize that it isn't necessarily a "playground" joking thread, but a poster-traffic-targeted thread. Clear as mud? Or maybe some other abbrev. can be added to the title to indicate t/j may offend.

I don't think this is about the thread being moved.I have never seen a support thread being lifted from the playground.I was actually suggesting they SHOULD be moved if people are offended by off topic OR just not be posted here at all.

One poster suggests there is not enough traffic on the support forum or the wrong kind(religious based) but where do we draw the line?

We can never make everyone happy...so if you don't like *off topic* like support-go directly to the above support forums and do not post problems in here.

If you don't mind a few quirky messages...go ahead and if it gets out of hand report it, but be forwarned since you decided to post it here.

Maybe a thread saying "Please go supposrt me,problem posted in support forum.." and a link to your thread.We have done that with supporting other posters in other forums where we might not venture daily.

Last edited by melsybop; 08-03-2007 at 08:42 AM..
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: flutterbyu
Quote:
I don't think this is about the thread being moved.I have never seen a support thread being lifted from the playground.I was actually suggesting they SHOULD be moved if people are offended by off topic OR just not be posted here at all.

One poster suggests there is not enough traffic on the support forum or the wrong kind(religious based) but where do we draw the line?

We can never make everyone happy...so if you don't like *off topic* like support-go directly to the above support forums and do not post problems in here.

If you don't mind a few quirky messages...go ahead and if it gets out of hand report it, but be forwarned since you decided to post it here.

Maybe a thread saying "Please go supposrt me,problem posted in support forum.." and a link to your thread.We have done that with supporting other posters in other forums where we might not venture daily.
Melsy! You're on a roll this morning! That's a great idea
Old 08-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oreo2
WOE: lc
I get that its not about moving threads, I was just thinking that some threads that should be posted in other forums are posted here b/c there is traffic here and the thread will be read and replied to.

For example, if you had something you wanted to post about seriously with your friends, I would not expect you to go in some other forum b/c that is where it belong, I would expect you to post here, where your friends are. I would feel bad if you were offended by a t/j that was unintentionally hurtful (or intentionally, for that matter).

I like your idea about directing people to another forum, but I would be worried that it would drop off the page b/c people wouldn't be posting to it. That's why I was suggesting a time limit/label.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #29

Also may I point out that if I were to post an issue I would HOPE that some of you would come in with something lighthearted and joking in order to make me feel better.But that is just me.

Mind you I hardly ever have posted anything too deep.But that is just me.

Signed;
Shallow Mel.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mushmush
Stats: 172/138/133
WOE: WW
Start Date: 1/7/2007 (Start WW)
Maybe some posters should just exercise a little self-control and refrain from posting quircky and "fun" messages in threads asking for support or advice. Being considerate of other people's feelings and problems is not that hard.

Otherwise it sounds like some people feel that the whole PG is their sand- or litter-box and if someone doesn't like it, well, they should find their own sand-box.

Sasha