Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: starry sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Just returned from three weeks in Europe, two of which were on a cruise. Found out it is possible to eat out for three weeks straight and not gain. Weighed exactly the same when we returned home. Every time the menu had a potato or rice product, I asked for grilled veggies. No bread, no sugar. Either cheese or sliced cantaloupe or honeydew for desert. Ate only the filling on the luncheon quiche at one of our tour stops (only choice). Bearnaise and Hollandaise were yummy. Never would have touched them before. Everyone at our table of eight wanted to know exactly what kind of diet allows all the fat we were consuming. LOL

Airports are a trick. Carried cheese and nuts with us, but found a few nuts at the airport as well. McDonald's is at most airports and they have a great grilled chicken salad with a real fat dressing. Nice to lose the fear of eating while traveling.
Congrats Hollie on vacationing without gaining!
This is great info on the airports! Going to Mexico in September and hoping I don't gain, gain, gain!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #1142
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spacecataz
Start Date: August 8th 2010
I'm a newbie as well! Hi all! Looking forward to success!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #1143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: larina_roses
Hello. I'm new here, just checking things out, but thought I'd say hello. This looks like a great place, I'm so glad I was told to check it out. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life, and weigh a couple of pounds more than I did at my heaviest in pregnancy. I'm super motivated and feeling better after just three days back in the no carb world!
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #1144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spacecataz
Start Date: August 8th 2010
Hi larina, fellow newbie!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #1145
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cooter Brown
Hello all, newbie to the website but not new to the lifestyle. I started on the LC way of life almost 8 weeks ago and I've lost 50 lbs. I love Love LOVE the ease of this WOL. I guess you could say that I'm "in the zone" since I have zero temptations and refuse to break my regimen. I'll try to post pictures once I figure out the site.

My success has caused my sister and mother to join me and they have lost about 9 lbs each over the past 10 days. : )
Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #1146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: karlyn
WOE: Vegetarian, Low carb
Start Date: 2009
Hello, I just joined. My name is Karlyn (pronounced care-lyn) and I'm in So. California. I am vegetarian, enjoy low-carb and get moderate exercise. Low-carb has always worked well with me for weight loss, but it never "*stuck* with me until I went vegetarian in 2009. Now it's all falling into place for me.. especially with the added exercise.

This site and it's BB look great! I can't even remember how I happened upon it, but SO glad I did. What a wealth of knowledge, tips and resources! I especially look forward to meeting many of you because I feel the need, now, more than ever, to surround myself with people who share my interests and goals.

Read my profile if you get the chance to and send me a hello if you care to.
Thanks for reading!
Karlyn
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #1147
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tim0129
Stats: 278/228/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2010
Hi, I'm definitely a newbie...to both this site AND the whole "low-carb" lifestyle...

My name is Tim. At the moment I am a student in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. I started the Atkins diet last month (July 2010) because I'd seen the results of this diet with a few family members. I figured I'd at least try it to get family members to stop bugging me about this diet and about losing weight. I am very pleased with the results so far, and I'm sticking to it!

Anyway, I stumbled upon this site while searching the net regarding caffeine during induction. I hope to stick around for awhile, so feel free to message me and I'll try to respond asap!

-Tim
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #1148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Woohoo!! Welcome Everyone!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Not-so-newbie Newbie. Was on this site 7yrs ago. But not for long had babies gained weight.

But im back for the long haul ya'll!!

Thanks for the love @ here! and welcome to all!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Question????????????

Any recommendations for exercising after neck and back injury? Walking, standing has been painful in excess.

Started induction 8/16/10.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM   #1151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: okcupid
Hi All,

I am new to the boards. I used to post but that was yeard and years ago. My SO and I are doing Atkins. While she has lost 8 pounds so far since Thursday, I am not sure if I lost anything. I was too chicken to weigh in before I started. I do know I lost 0 since yesterday. I will continue to weigh in regardless. I will say that my keto stix are turning a nice purple shade so I hope tht means that I am indeed burning fat and it will show on the scale soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel great adn I have no cravings adn I am not starving during the day like I am on any other program. I want to lose 50 pounds. Thoughts???
Motivation??? Is it possible to be in ketosis and not lose weight??
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #1152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hingle
Stats: 213/202/150
Start Date: August 2010
Hello!! I am a newbie as of today but have been lurking for a month now. Have doe the low car woe for awhile but always seem to go back to those dreaded carbs. This time I am feeling really good about it. I have lost 5 lbs this first week....I have received alot of great recipes from this site...Love it!!!

I look forward to posting my progress!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 AM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Welcome everyone!! jump right into the threads.. ask questions and you will find everything you need!

Eat good and live well!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #1154
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
Question????????????

Any recommendations for exercising after neck and back injury? Walking, standing has been painful in excess.

I would check with the doctors office and ask them what you can do hun.. Especially since walking is painful. If you have a neck/back injury (I have a bulging disk in my neck myself) you will find you use your neck muscles more then you thought you did.. I am sure there are some really good stretching exercises that will help you.. If you don't want to go to the doctor they might be able to tell you some things over the phone. If you are having a lot of pain you may be able to start going to physical therapy.. I know they helped me a lot and showed me some neck exercises I can do at home to help strengthen it. Also icing your neck and back will help them feel better.

Here is a good article on exercising when you have back pain.. their suggestion is to wait until you are healed and to consult a physician..

http://www.backpainfixed.com/lower-b...399&OVNDID=ND2

Here is a video that will show you some exercises you can do that should be neck and back friendly.. This might be a good starting point.. again.. you might want to check with your doctor to make sure of your limitations..

http://www.webmd.com/video/exercise-...desk-exercises

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jillo
Stats: 247/197/175 5'7"
WOE: MEDI on my own
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone! I am only 3 hours away from my first MediWeightLoss appointment. I'm nervous, excited, jazzed, terrified - you name it, I'm feeling it. But I am so miserable right now in my current way of life that I am willing to try anything.

I have already gotten lots of support and I can't wait to share my own experiences with this.

Thank you SO MUCH for having this message board!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #1156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qzonna
Stats: 200/195/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 7/27/10
Hello Im a newbie and I guess this is where I state that fact. Im looking forward to all the info and incite I can gain from this website...Q
Old 08-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #1157
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brean
Stats: 145/143/120 5'3"
Start Date: 08/13/10
I'm new to the site, I found it while searching for answers about drinking coffee during Atkins induction. I am considering giving up my 6oz daily iced coffee for green tea, but I have not yet made a full commitment. Maybe tomorrow. Seems like a great, supportive, and informative site.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brean View Post
I'm new to the site, I found it while searching for answers about drinking coffee during Atkins induction. I am considering giving up my 6oz daily iced coffee for green tea, but I have not yet made a full commitment. Maybe tomorrow. Seems like a great, supportive, and informative site.
I traded my Diet DrPepper for green tea, and if nothing else, I feel like I'm breaking out of my old bad patterns of eating by letting it go.
Please let me know if you do trade in the coffee for green tea and if you feel like it helps.

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #1159
Senior LCF Member

Welcome everyone!!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #1160
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AlohaPoi
Stats: no scale; goal is 150 or size 10
Start Date: 8/24/2010
Hi, all! Have come back to the pleasant reality that low-carb is the best means for me to reach and maintain my goal weight. Been off and on for far too long, so have been browsing your threads, and searching for all kinds of recipes....and, the pounds are finally falling off. thanks for all the great comraderie here and the support. You all actually helped me to finally give it a go again, and to get back on track. If ANYONE has a really good Spinach Dip recipe out there, drop me a PM, k? TIA
Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #1161
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lola1010
Stats: 267/267/120
Start Date: 09/13/10
Hi! I am also a newbie. I am reading up on all of the interesting stuff on this great website. I plan to begin Sept. 13th. I am researching and taking notes. I have done low carb before but it has been several years. I have over 100 lbs to lose. I am looking forward to this. Glad I found you guys!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola1010 View Post
Hi! I am also a newbie. I am reading up on all of the interesting stuff on this great website. I plan to begin Sept. 13th. I am researching and taking notes. I have done low carb before but it has been several years. I have over 100 lbs to lose. I am looking forward to this. Glad I found you guys!
Howdy, fellow Texan!
I applaud you for your decision, and I applaud you for taking the time to learn about it and get ready.

You don't have to lose 100 pounds. Just one pound. Then another. And another. And another...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mews
wonderful way to look at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillo View Post
Howdy, fellow Texan!
I applaud you for your decision, and I applaud you for taking the time to learn about it and get ready.

You don't have to lose 100 pounds. Just one pound. Then another. And another. And another...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Been lurking for awhile

Hello from another Newbie. I have been lurking here for several months but not really posting or getting involved.

Iím still trying to figure out my plan for life. Iíve been on WW since April 2010 and am having success with it. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid in July 2010. I started on Armour along with bio-identical hormones at that time. Hubby and I gave up Soy, Gluten and dairy in July. Iíve always been sensitive to a lot of chemicals so I have to watch the sugar free, MSG stuff also.

My big weakness is red wine. I quit drinking in April 2010 and tried not to replace the wine with sugar. Red wine is still my Kryptonite.

Iím still weighing in with WW every Tuesday. I really need the support and accountability. Iíve given up all grains and most packaged food and am basically doing Primal Blueprint. Iím still experimenting with what works for me and what I can maintain for life.

I love this site!! It has been a wealth of info so far. Thanks to all of you who post such good advice and recipes.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erin57
Stats: 220/158/145 5'9"
WOE: Moderate Carb/IF
Start Date: April 2010
Back pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
Question????????????

If you are still healing from an accident I wouldn't push the exercise right now. I have had 4 back/neck surgeries in the past 10 years and have to be careful also.

Start small and stop often. I started a walking program by just walking down to the corner and back. I tend to walk in 10 minute spurts. I still clean and do housework in spurts. 20 minutes of work, 20 minutes of rest. If not my legs will be in alot of pain by the end of the day.

I've learned to do what I can and leave the rest. I might have avoided a few of the back surgeries if I had accepted this earlier.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #1166
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissDeb
Hello everyone--I'm a newbie to this site! I've been reading through some of the threads and there is A LOT of info here. I'm interested in trying a low carb lifestyle. I'm a diabetic, hypothyroid, menopausal mess right now!! LOL---I need to find a way of eating that I can tolerate for life. I currently weigh 240 lbs and stand 5'10"--I'm feeling sluggish and tired all the time--so I don't have to motivation to even think about exercising but understand that I need to. Right now I need to concentrate on lossing some weight....I would like to lose about 75 to 85 lbs. I have countless numbers of diet booksthat I have purchased over these many, many years but don't have the Atkins book----should I purchase it to get the full understanding of that WOE or do you feel I could get enough understanding of it here to follow it propoerly?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeb View Post
Hello everyone--I'm a newbie to this site! I've been reading through some of the threads and there is A LOT of info here. I'm interested in trying a low carb lifestyle. I'm a diabetic, hypothyroid, menopausal mess right now!! LOL---I need to find a way of eating that I can tolerate for life. I currently weigh 240 lbs and stand 5'10"--I'm feeling sluggish and tired all the time--so I don't have to motivation to even think about exercising but understand that I need to. Right now I need to concentrate on lossing some weight....I would like to lose about 75 to 85 lbs. I have countless numbers of diet booksthat I have purchased over these many, many years but don't have the Atkins book----should I purchase it to get the full understanding of that WOE or do you feel I could get enough understanding of it here to follow it propoerly?
Hi Miss Deb... WELCOME... I have been LC'ing since March 1st and I have lost 40 lbs.. my stats are on my profile.. I could probably be doing better if I did have the book however.. I havent done so bad on my own... The bright side is that because I dont know the "rules", its impossible for me to "break" the "rules". I kinda like it... I eat bacon, sausage, cheese, steak, taco meat, sour cream, salads, tons of ranch dressing etc etc... I have lived a life of dieting and deprivation... I just try to count under 20 carbs a day and IT WORKS!! Like I said, for years I have felt the overwhelming GUILT of "being bad" or "going off my diet".... I dont really know the "rules" of Atkins, but being concious of what I put in my mouth and keeping the FATS high and the CARBS low.... SOMETHIN' is working, so I dont plan on changing it!!! "FAT IS WHERE ITS AT!!!" Good Luck to you, whatever direction you plan to take....
09/29: 260.8
10/06:
10/13:
10/20:
10/27:
11/03:
11/10: Fall Challenge Goal Weight 250 lbs
Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #1168
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissDeb
WOW!! 40 lbs. since March--that is awesome!! Thank you for the welcome and for letting me know what you've been doing! Keep up the good work--if it's working, don't change a thing, that's for sure!!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #1169
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dragon7
Stats: 364/292/240
WOE: IF/Low Carb
Start Date: 8/01/10
WOW, I just found this site I have been on some other site's for 2 months. There is a lot of great information on here. This is my first post here, I see many of you have been posting a long time. I want to thank all of you for the info.
I started LC diet 6 weeks ago I have lost 35 pounds. For me this is going to be a new life style instead of a diet. Again thank all of you so much
Old 09-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeb View Post
-definitely purchase the book, no one explaions it like Dr.Atkins!

-welcome