Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #1051
Junior LCF Member
 
AnnieLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 17
Gallery: AnnieLC
Stats: 153/132.5/136
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/13/10
Doing well, but getting totally sick of eggs for breakfast. Need to find something else for a change.
AnnieLC is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member
 
misspiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Trailerhood
Posts: 83
Gallery: misspiggy
Stats: 278/189/165
WOE: Atkinsishy
Start Date: January 2010
Hey everyone!!! im a newbie here, im 26 and live in nova scotia canada, doing atkins, still missing sugar but loving the results!!
misspiggy is offline  
Old 05-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!
 
kristie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New york
Posts: 1,130
Gallery: kristie88
Stats: 320.6/249.8/239 6th Goal restart 317.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/28/10 re-start 12/7/11
hey im a newbie.. I started Atkins on 5/28/10 and for fun I weighed myself today 5/31/10 and it said i was down 5lbs.... so I changed the batteries in my scale because I thoughy I was seeing things and it was right I changed the batteries for nothing I was 5lbs down so need less to say i was very happy!!!! anyone have any tips fpr this newbie : )
kristie88 is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 AM   #1054
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 10
Gallery: loobyloulou
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 03/06/2010
Morning everyone,

What a great resource, and wow! people have done/ are doing so well!!

Have been advised to go low carb after experiencing RAPID weight gain after just 2 depo provera shots. Darn stuff has really messed up my body and mind, have a tyre around my middle and large sore boobies to get rid of I swim 2 miles a day and walk 4 miles a day but i'm still gaining, I don't get it - thought I was pregnant but 20 tests say No -
So am starting LC today, just about to go shopping. I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish - I hope this wont slow the process down too much?

Anyway, I dont have any scales as of yet, so i can't weigh myself - it will just be nice to fit into my clothes again!

Much love and good luck all

Lou
loobyloulou is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #1055
Blabbermouth!!!
 
luvslipstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: rain country
Posts: 6,694
Gallery: luvslipstick
WOE: something
Quote:
Originally Posted by loobyloulou View Post
Morning everyone,

What a great resource, and wow! people have done/ are doing so well!!

Have been advised to go low carb after experiencing RAPID weight gain after just 2 depo provera shots. Darn stuff has really messed up my body and mind, have a tyre around my middle and large sore boobies to get rid of I swim 2 miles a day and walk 4 miles a day but i'm still gaining, I don't get it - thought I was pregnant but 20 tests say No -
So am starting LC today, just about to go shopping. I don't eat meat, but I do eat fish - I hope this wont slow the process down too much?

Anyway, I dont have any scales as of yet, so i can't weigh myself - it will just be nice to fit into my clothes again!

Much love and good luck all

Lou


The Depo shot was the WORST thing and where all my weight issues came from,other issues also.The doctor kept telling me stay on it and your body will regulate out with it...NOT!!!!!! I gained over 60 pds in 3 mths,I was frinking, after the 3rd shot I was done,told them NO MORE!! This was 15 yrs ago,it was very hard yrs after dealing w/all the hormone change that stuff did to me,longgg story but I wish you the best of luck
luvslipstick is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #1056
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 10
Gallery: loobyloulou
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 03/06/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslipstick View Post
The Depo shot was the WORST thing and where all my weight issues came from,other issues also.The doctor kept telling me stay on it and your body will regulate out with it...NOT!!!!!! I gained over 60 pds in 3 mths,I was frinking, after the 3rd shot I was done,told them NO MORE!! This was 15 yrs ago,it was very hard yrs after dealing w/all the hormone change that stuff did to me,longgg story but I wish you the best of luck
Thanks luvslipstick, Darn Depo is poison, really cross with myself for taking it in the first place. Can't go back though. Am on day 4 of this new LC WOE now and im sure my belly is going down, so here's hoping it will work. Feel dreadful tho!

Thanks again, keep well my dear X
loobyloulou is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #1057
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Gallery: Bess Cook
You Can Have Your BREAD!!!

Here's a great recipe for Low Carb Bread

You Can Have Your Bread & Eat It Too!!! | Best Low Carb Cooking
Bess Cook is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #1058
Senior LCF Member
 
kaybie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 235
Gallery: kaybie
Stats: 160/128/125
WOE: 20-30 grams a day
Start Date: May 24, 2010
Hello. I started low carbing because of the possible links between carbs and Alzheimer's Disease. This is a big problem in my family so low carb is my new life. If anyone has any good resources on Alzheimer's, I would love to see them. There's nothing in this life that I hate more than that disease. I hate it more than I love sugar, so here I am. The weight loss is an added bonus so I am curious how low I will get! I lost 12 pounds the first 2 weeks, but then stopped completely. But that's okay. I'm doing this for my health and my family, not my weight.

This site is amazing and I've gotten sooo many good ideas and recipes. Who knew I could eat like a queen and it's actually HEALTHY? LOL. I think my friend on WW is jealous of all the cheese I get to eat. I can eat a lc cheesecake for breakfast and it's perfectly acceptable haha.. cracks me up.
kaybie is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!
 
MarcyDarcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Angelo, Texas
Posts: 1,661
Gallery: MarcyDarcy
Stats: 195/180/173 goal: 135 or maybe lower
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybie View Post
Hello. I started low carbing because of the possible links between carbs and Alzheimer's Disease. This is a big problem in my family so low carb is my new life. If anyone has any good resources on Alzheimer's, I would love to see them. There's nothing in this life that I hate more than that disease. I hate it more than I love sugar, so here I am. The weight loss is an added bonus so I am curious how low I will get! I lost 12 pounds the first 2 weeks, but then stopped completely. But that's okay. I'm doing this for my health and my family, not my weight.

This site is amazing and I've gotten sooo many good ideas and recipes. Who knew I could eat like a queen and it's actually HEALTHY? LOL. I think my friend on WW is jealous of all the cheese I get to eat. I can eat a lc cheesecake for breakfast and it's perfectly acceptable haha.. cracks me up.
So glad you're here! This is a great place for support...WELCOME!
MarcyDarcy is offline  
Old 06-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #1060
Junior LCF Member
 
dirtyfacedangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dundee, Scotland, Uk
Posts: 1
Gallery: dirtyfacedangel
Stats: currently 15st 210lbs
WOE: interested in the Stillman diet
Start Date: june 2010
hey there all im new to dieting/healthy life style, im tash 26 from scotland and weigh about 15 stone or 210 pounds iv never been on a diet or ristricted foods before, suffer from m.e/c.f.s and fibro, recently had a bad fall and broke my right ankle in three places have plates and pins in my leg so it hurts when walking and trying to exercise. any help and tips would be amazing!!
dirtyfacedangel is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
AngieCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,293
Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfacedangel View Post
hey there all im new to dieting/healthy life style, im tash 26 from scotland and weigh about 15 stone or 210 pounds iv never been on a diet or ristricted foods before, suffer from m.e/c.f.s and fibro, recently had a bad fall and broke my right ankle in three places have plates and pins in my leg so it hurts when walking and trying to exercise. any help and tips would be amazing!!

I would just focus on healthy eating depending upon what plan you're on. You should let your ankle heal up before you begin excercising. Right now is the time to plan your menus and focus on eating to plan. Good luck to you and welcome!
AngieCakes is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #1062
Junior LCF Member
 
Pollyanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 2
Gallery: Pollyanna
WOE: Suzanne Sommers
Start Date: June 22, 2010
Hi Everyone, new here. My sister found you all and called me right away so excited, expect to see her here also. We are doing Suzanne Sommers....I wish she had her own little place like Atkins. I am new to SS but my sister is a pro. I have done Atkins many times and it works really well for me. The reason I am doing SS this time is because you can have some fruit, alone by itself. And , she is obviously a great role model. I have much to learn and 100 pounds to loose. My sister and I have been playing around with HCG for the past year or so, but wow, it is sooooo hard to stay on a 500 cal diet. I have wasted a lot of money on HCG, but like most diets it works if you do it. The only thing I have ever really been good at is LOW CARB....because I actually get to eat. This is a really, really big place.....really big. I will probably be on here ALL the time learning and getting inspired. I pray....for INSPIRATION and STRENGTH and STICKTOITIVNESS. and new friends to go along with on this path. at 52 and 100 pounds over weight for many, many years and with Diabetes and Heart Disease running marathons in my family.....I MUST succeed. Looking forward to meeting you all this place is soooo big
Pollyanna is offline  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
AngieCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,293
Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Hi Everyone, new here. My sister found you all and called me right away so excited, expect to see her here also. We are doing Suzanne Sommers....I wish she had her own little place like Atkins. I am new to SS but my sister is a pro. I have done Atkins many times and it works really well for me. The reason I am doing SS this time is because you can have some fruit, alone by itself. And , she is obviously a great role model. I have much to learn and 100 pounds to loose. My sister and I have been playing around with HCG for the past year or so, but wow, it is sooooo hard to stay on a 500 cal diet. I have wasted a lot of money on HCG, but like most diets it works if you do it. The only thing I have ever really been good at is LOW CARB....because I actually get to eat. This is a really, really big place.....really big. I will probably be on here ALL the time learning and getting inspired. I pray....for INSPIRATION and STRENGTH and STICKTOITIVNESS. and new friends to go along with on this path. at 52 and 100 pounds over weight for many, many years and with Diabetes and Heart Disease running marathons in my family.....I MUST succeed. Looking forward to meeting you all this place is soooo big

Welcome!
AngieCakes is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #1064
Administrator
 
cheri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Illinois
Posts: 40,015
Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Hi Everyone, new here. My sister found you all and called me right away so excited, expect to see her here also. We are doing Suzanne Sommers....I wish she had her own little place like Atkins. I am new to SS but my sister is a pro. I have done Atkins many times and it works really well for me. The reason I am doing SS this time is because you can have some fruit, alone by itself. And , she is obviously a great role model. I have much to learn and 100 pounds to loose. My sister and I have been playing around with HCG for the past year or so, but wow, it is sooooo hard to stay on a 500 cal diet. I have wasted a lot of money on HCG, but like most diets it works if you do it. The only thing I have ever really been good at is LOW CARB....because I actually get to eat. This is a really, really big place.....really big. I will probably be on here ALL the time learning and getting inspired. I pray....for INSPIRATION and STRENGTH and STICKTOITIVNESS. and new friends to go along with on this path. at 52 and 100 pounds over weight for many, many years and with Diabetes and Heart Disease running marathons in my family.....I MUST succeed. Looking forward to meeting you all this place is soooo big
Hi Pollyanna...

I know this site is really big as you said and can be a bit overwhelming.. BUT.. Since you are just starting out you may start by looking for some induction groups if you are doing Atkins.. You can have some fruits after the first two weeks of the Atkins plan. There are a few challenge groups that will be able to help as well.. If you have questions post them and there are a ton of people here on the site who will be more then happy to help. This site has helped me lose about 150 pounds so I do know it works. I wish you well and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Take a look at the newbie site.. it has a lot of information for anyone starting lowcarb. You will be sure to find something that will help you there.

Take care and good luck!!

cheri
__________________
Cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 AM   #1065
Junior LCF Member
 
Pollyanna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 2
Gallery: Pollyanna
WOE: Suzanne Sommers
Start Date: June 22, 2010
Thank you Cheri (I have a cousin with same spelling ) and AngieCakes for the welcome. Today is my first day after having been on a sugar binge for months....lost track of time. Starting out simple with eggs and turkey, cheese...just pretty basic stuff. Has anyone used the new sugar sub Truvia? how is it? I love Splenda but hearing that Truvia comes from Stevia and is purer and healthier...just wondering. Scared , but the first couple of days when you are coming off of sugar is the rockiest road I guess...I will try to make a journal and find out where I am suppose to be later this evening. Have a good day all....a successful day. BTW awesome losses Cheri....150 #'s WOW!
Pollyanna is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #1066
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 6
Gallery: Maria05
Stats: 224/224/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: June 24, 2010
Newbie here, too.

This is not my first time LC'ing since it has worked for me before. This is however my official first day back on this WOE. Hope to make a few good permanent changes. A real first for me is that I started a journal here....never did one of those before.

I am 46 yo...I live in Southwestern New Jersey...the Garden State and I hope to make progress, encourage others, live my example and make some really great LC friends.

So...good luck to everyone (and to me).
Maria05 is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
AngieCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,293
Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria05 View Post
Newbie here, too.

This is not my first time LC'ing since it has worked for me before. This is however my official first day back on this WOE. Hope to make a few good permanent changes. A real first for me is that I started a journal here....never did one of those before.

I am 46 yo...I live in Southwestern New Jersey...the Garden State and I hope to make progress, encourage others, live my example and make some really great LC friends.

So...good luck to everyone (and to me).
Welcome!
AngieCakes is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #1068
Senior LCF Member
 
Twirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Gallery: Twirl
Stats: 295.9/247.7/140
WOE: low carb, hhcg
Start Date: lc 6.24.10, hhcg 10.22.11
Hi Everyone, I'm a Newbie

Cheri, thank you for all your information. The wealth of experience from everyone here is so helpfull. I'm gratefull, sniff. I'm just a short time into discovering Low Carb. I'm overwhelmed and excited. I put something into my mouth and I think, think, think...Ooops. Or think, think, think...This Works.

I did so much starvation dieting, started when I was 11 years old...my first fast? Sigh. Walking around this planet feeling yukky and guilty about still being fat.

My goal is to live life to the fullest in my body that moves gracefully. I've been walking and would like to begin yoga as well as weights.
Twirl is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
AngieCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,293
Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirl View Post
Cheri, thank you for all your information. The wealth of experience from everyone here is so helpfull. I'm gratefull, sniff. I'm just a short time into discovering Low Carb. I'm overwhelmed and excited. I put something into my mouth and I think, think, think...Ooops. Or think, think, think...This Works.

I did so much starvation dieting, started when I was 11 years old...my first fast? Sigh. Walking around this planet feeling yukky and guilty about still being fat.

My goal is to live life to the fullest in my body that moves gracefully. I've been walking and would like to begin yoga as well as weights.
Excellent!! welcome to the board!!
AngieCakes is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #1070
Senior LCF Member
 
Twirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Gallery: Twirl
Stats: 295.9/247.7/140
WOE: low carb, hhcg
Start Date: lc 6.24.10, hhcg 10.22.11
I started officially Yesterday!

Hi Everyone,

I had been struggling all month to start my new way of life living low carb. I found that night would have me wandering into the kitchen, pivoting on one foot because I was half way out the kitchen and grabbing a piece of bread...with butter. This was followed by several days where I was unable to maintain focus on low carb. I would simply plan to have chips! I could not get through even one day completly low carb.

I headed straight to this website and all of your positive suggestions, knowledge, understanding. What I got here? It is possible to lose the weight. I just was stuck in the belief that people at My Size would, could actually never lose weight to any significant degree. The possibility wasn't even there for me.

But I read what you have to say. I heard what you all are saying.

More of what I got out of my reading on this site was...Yes, those cravings can be vicious! And the best way to get through cravings is to Hold On and not eat those carbs! No Cheating is the easiest way to do it!

I am no stranger to abstinence having dieted all of my life. And last night, I didn't eat any carbs! Though I did chew on cheese. I feel better today.

I made cinnamon/hibiscus tea! Yum. It's so good I'm wondering if it is sf? I made a Linda quiche yesterday and I'll make another today.

It begins for me because of you. Thank you!
Twirl is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
AngieCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,293
Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twirl View Post
Hi Everyone,

I had been struggling all month to start my new way of life living low carb. I found that night would have me wandering into the kitchen, pivoting on one foot because I was half way out the kitchen and grabbing a piece of bread...with butter. This was followed by several days where I was unable to maintain focus on low carb. I would simply plan to have chips! I could not get through even one day completly low carb.

I headed straight to this website and all of your positive suggestions, knowledge, understanding. What I got here? It is possible to lose the weight. I just was stuck in the belief that people at My Size would, could actually never lose weight to any significant degree. The possibility wasn't even there for me.

But I read what you have to say. I heard what you all are saying.

More of what I got out of my reading on this site was...Yes, those cravings can be vicious! And the best way to get through cravings is to Hold On and not eat those carbs! No Cheating is the easiest way to do it!

I am no stranger to abstinence having dieted all of my life. And last night, I didn't eat any carbs! Though I did chew on cheese. I feel better today.

I made cinnamon/hibiscus tea! Yum. It's so good I'm wondering if it is sf? I made a Linda quiche yesterday and I'll make another today.

It begins for me because of you. Thank you!

Welcome Good for you on your progress so far! Wishing you great success!
AngieCakes is offline  
Old 06-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #1072
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 1
Gallery: Fizzbin
Stats: 291
WOE: Diabetic low-carb diet of my own
Start Date: June 10, 2010
I'm a newbie here. Just today, in fact. I started a low-carb diet when I was diagnosed with diabetes a month ago. I don't have really high glucose meter readings, but I'm still diabetic. I started weighing 310 and today I'm at 291. Not doing too bad. I'm trying to figure out ways of eating my favorite foods (mostly pizza) in low-carb versions. So a low-carb pizza crust recipe is what I'm really looking for.

Thanks,
Fiz
Fizzbin is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #1073
Senior LCF Member
 
Twirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Gallery: Twirl
Stats: 295.9/247.7/140
WOE: low carb, hhcg
Start Date: lc 6.24.10, hhcg 10.22.11
3rd day, er going into 4th day, need to vent

I was really hungry today. I didn't eat out right carbs...but I was snacking too much. I have been making the Linda quiches, and I sliced small pieces all day long. Maybe I need to vent and I don't have anywhere else to do it in my life right now. If it's not alright to vent on this site don't read this. But I have to do it right now.

I'm in emotional upset. I'm in my 40's. I take care of my 75 yo mom who's on oxygen 24/7. I care for her deeply, and she has always been...not so nice, honestly. She picks someone in her life and creates an enemy out of that person. Then she works on them. People love her until they get to know her. She's always done it, I've known it. Since I've been with her, I was shocked to realize that she's turned me into one of those enemies.

My older brother and sister don't aprove of me and relish telling me about how bad I am. They say that they can't get me to understand all of my faults. They say that I am a bad caretaker and that I'm doing a poor job with my mom. They tell me that I'm mentally ill. My brother is a drug addict and my sister is on SSI for mental illness. Several years ago I told both my brother and my sister seperatly (I'm dyslexic, geez, on top of it all...lol, spelling is challenging for me. I'm venting, is there spell check on this site?!) that I would no longer relate to them in the way that we always had. I told them that I had something to say, I wouldn't stay silent, and they had been abusive to me all our lives. I wasn't going to put up with it...It's been war ever since. It's like an extreme case of sibling rivelry.

I'm outnumbered and I'm tired. I've been the invisibe one in the family. Always fat. Never accepted in my own family. I've had many times in my life where I empower myself, like I'm doing now with low carb, (it just made so much sense, I'm so ready,) and I've always had to get out of the sphere of influence from my family to do it. So, since I've started this way of eating my mom has been vicious.

I thought that I would do well enough when I first came to be with my mom, moms doctors seem to love me, and I thought that I had grown enough as a person that I could still make a positive difference in my moms life. I had wanted to aid in making this the best time of her life. But she is angry at me so much. And she complains to my brother and sister and whoever will listen. My brother and my sister call the doctors and tell them I am hurting my mom. The doctors have seen me with my mom. They know that I consciencly work to meet her needs. Actively learning about her condition and what to do for her. But my brother and sister confront me. They threaten to call the police on me when I object to what they say or stand up for myself in any way? It's so unbelievable ridiculous that lately I look at em and say, "Go ahead, I've done nothing wrong."

They are winning, folks. Diagnosed with deathly high blood presure and diabetes two months ago. Can't bring my BP down. I'm stressed out. I tell my mom, "I'm stressed is there any way she can be nice?" I've been with my mom for two difficult years. I suggested to her the other day that when she's so nasty to me that it doesn't help her. I've enrolled into a caretaker study where they help point you toward resources. At this point...is that enough?

I do my best, and I'm not perfect, for sure, but I'm doing my best. I thought that I would be able to work at least part time but my mom is so difficult to handle that I am drained. I'm anguished. Feel guilty even seeing my friends, who have become sparse in the last two years, bi-monthly. My car broke down year and 1/2 ago. Livin in LA is difficult without a car. You know, this hole that I got myself into seems to be the deepest of my life and I'm tired in my 40's.

But I have this quote and I have it on my wall in my room next to my door at eye level!

"The difference between just living and living when you're really on your game is dramatic." Colette Heimowitz

I want to know what it's like to live when just living isn't a physical struggle. What would that be like? So I wrote this on the same paper below the quote.

"I am loved and supported. Eating low carb will support me. Move! Laugh and enjoy."
Twirl is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member
 
Twirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Gallery: Twirl
Stats: 295.9/247.7/140
WOE: low carb, hhcg
Start Date: lc 6.24.10, hhcg 10.22.11
Reread my own Vent...

What I got out of a good nights sleep? I have choices.

I got that My Siblings are loaded with hot air. I got that my mom has had a long and eventfull life. It is my responsibility to back off when she gets vicious. Care for her and not take it personally. I do a good job and I love her.

Today, What I can do is Walk, Walk, Walk. I was craving and I ate a full on leafy salad for breakfast. This week I will find a donation only yoga class and see if the instructor will allow me in class for a min. donation that I will increase with time.

I'll get my car fixed or get another one in time. As I feel better I will be able to work and take art classes again. As my body repairs so will my life.

I am going to call all of my friends and see how they are doing today.

Though, I haven't weighed since my last doctors visit...I feel smaller today.
Twirl is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #1075
Senior LCF Member
 
Autuamnsprite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Posts: 423
Gallery: Autuamnsprite
Stats: 180/180/120
WOE: Lo Carb Baby
Start Date: 6/29/10
Wow Twirl you go girl. Sometimes it really does help to just write it all down and vent. We need to release the pressure that builds up inside us. I'm glad you ranted and then slept on it. I'd really glad that you resolved some issues inside you enough to deal with your situation. You're right, if you're doing nothing wrong, let them call the police. One of my best friends has a mother like yours. It's very frustrating and exhausting, physically and emotionally. Welcome to the boards. I've been on and off them for a long time. Unfortunately not very good at the whole weight loss thing yet though.
__________________
Vicki D.

Autuamnsprite is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #1076
Junior LCF Member
 
AnnieLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 17
Gallery: AnnieLC
Stats: 153/132.5/136
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/13/10
Hit my goal this morning. Feel like I've found a new religion. I LOVE low-carbing. I'm never hungry and I sleep like a baby at night. Going on a two week cruise on Monday and feel very in control. Only problem = all my cruise clothes are too big. Yippee!
AnnieLC is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #1077
Junior LCF Member
 
AnnieLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 17
Gallery: AnnieLC
Stats: 153/132.5/136
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/13/10
Oh, and my best suggestion: Make sure you eat enough fat! When I added more grams each day, the last few pounds came off.
AnnieLC is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #1078
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: northern PA
Posts: 226
Gallery: dBailey
Stats: 209/175/175
WOE: maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Hit my goal this morning. Feel like I've found a new religion. I LOVE low-carbing. I'm never hungry and I sleep like a baby at night. Going on a two week cruise on Monday and feel very in control. Only problem = all my cruise clothes are too big. Yippee!
Congrats! Great job! I see you and I are friends...can't remember if I invited you or how it happened but I think it means you have to treat me to that cruise you're going on...lol...anyway, have a great time but don't ruin your hard work with all the carbs you'll be offered!
Dennis
dBailey is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #1079
Junior LCF Member
 
AnnieLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 17
Gallery: AnnieLC
Stats: 153/132.5/136
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/13/10
Thanks, Dennis, and don't worry. We had a practice run last night at Goodwood Barbecue. Ordered wings, coleslaw, veggies and a half rack of baby back ribs. Had saved most of my carbs for dinner, realizing that there was sugar in the sauce. Down another pound this morning. I am truly converted to this WOE. Now back to my eggs and butter. Yummo.
AnnieLC is offline  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #1080
Senior LCF Member
 
slo02eeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 352
Gallery: slo02eeee
Stats: Final Goal: size 10/160#
WOE: low carb (try and stay under 30 net)
Start Date: restart 11/21/2011
is this where newbies introduce themselves?? i didn't see another place.

i have done every diet known to man, including low carb versions (i remember back in the day doing what was called a caveman diet, aka eating things cavemen could eat like meat, plants, fruits, seeds, etc). I have been successful one time doing Suzanne Somers but then I went to college and on my budget and with all the rules, I failed and gained back everything plus tons more. I tried low carbing it last year and did pretty good but then holidays rolled around and my "I'll just cheat on thanksgiving" turned into gaining it ALL back.

I kept telling myself I would eventually lose weight when I got engaged as a sort of, OK now i Have to do it, but my wedding is in September so that didn't work. I finally realized I have to do this for me, for my health, plus I really want to have a baby! I have seen people do the pregnancy while fat thing and it just scares me. I have about 150 lbs () to lose to get even close to where I would want to be but I think I can do it I have been doing this plan way stricter than I ever have before, eating very little highly processed/takeout stuff, and trying to stick with what works. In the past i would make all these crazy recipes for every meal, now my meals are boring but tasty and they work!

In less than a week I have lost 11.2 lbs! I have never been this successful in my life. I never even experienced the induction flu before, and I am now hardcore plus my appetite is like nonexistant. It rules! This site keeps me sane and keeps me motivated so I am so grateful for it!!!
slo02eeee is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsŪ is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.