Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #991
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiMarshall View Post
Thank you for the support! Today is day 10 of induction and it is my Birthday. Yikes, I figure there is always gonna be something that would allow me to put this lifestyle change off, so I will treat today like any other day and it too will pass. I am at a stall, after dropping 1-2 lbs a day for the first 6-8 days. I know, a 2 day stall is nothing compared to weeks and months, but I dont want to loose my ZEST! The more I read posts the more confused I get. I dont understand how people can be on and off a day at a time. I cant do that, if I am "bad" one day, it will be all over for me... I feel like I will never be healthy or be able to say I am half the size. I have carried this weight forever. I bought a size 16 jeans when I was about 22 yrs old if I remember correctly I may have been about 200 lbs then and I looked HOT!!! I am 48 years old TODAY and we are now talking 28 years fluxuating between 275 and 300 lbs. I dont know any different... I will reach the 270's soon and then begin to tell myself that I can go back to eating with my old habits... because I now have room to grow (if you know what I mean). I am at 290.2 this morning and I am just starting to feel hopeless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!! And don't feel hopeless!!! Usually after a week or so of losing 1-2 pounds a day there WILL be a little stall for a lot of people. Make sure you are using your tape measure because you are more likely losing inches right now.. and you know what??? That is better because inches SHOW!!! So please don't get discouraged and keep doing what you are doing.. I am sure you will do great! I started about where you did and am nearly at goal and if I can do it you can do it too!!!

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #992
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Chelsea
Excess Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee-light View Post
One week of lc eating and I lost absolutely NOTHING! ?
2rd time on Atkins, induction going well. But not familiar w/ the Excess Protein comments. Could someone explain further for me? thanks!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #993
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nataliewill
Stats: 220/206/160
WOE: atkins
Start Date: feb 11 2010
Happy Belated Birthday!

I'm 43, the way I look at Birthdays now is;It sure beets the alternative! lol

I've been overweight my whole life and I often think, I will always be overweight, with a bad back (I had surgery in '03) and the depression that my weight has brought on(I do not leave my house, except grocery) because I am so uncomfortable with myself and I do not look good in anything I wear .
So I've made up my mind,"This is It"! I feel so much better & I actually have hope that I am doing something about it , for a change!
We can't do any thing about our age but we can surly do something about our weight!!!
I am so grateful for this website; the before and after pics, the recipes, the advise of those before us that have actually done it and the opportunity to meet and share with people in similar situations as ourselves is great.
A lot of the senior members have blogs and they really do help to inspire(check some out, when you get a minute).
I hope your day is going good, Oh you can join a challenge group, I joined 'Spring into Action' It helps to be accountable to others & not just ourselves.
*Close your eyes and imagine yourself slim, healthy and sexy(if that is what you want) in an outfit that you have always wanted to wear for your next Birthday! Hey, hey looking fine for 49..lol
Old 03-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #994
Junior LCF Member

To Nannyfairy

you posted that you were "sitting eating a muffin" May I ask,
where in the world did you get a low carb muffin?
It sounded so good, just to 'eat a muffin', I am so burnt out on meat and eggs, im not griping or trying to be negative ...
I just want to eat a "muffin" , I'm a newbie on induction.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #995
Junior LCF Member

to mimi marshall

:I am sorry I forgot to address this message to you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliewill View Post
I'm 43, the way I look at Birthdays now is;It sure beets the alternative! lol

I've been overweight my whole life and I often think, I will always be overweight, with a bad back (I had surgery in '03) and the depression that my weight has brought on(I do not leave my house, except grocery) because I am so uncomfortable with myself and I do not look good in anything I wear .
So I've made up my mind,"This is It"! I feel so much better & I actually have hope that I am doing something about it , for a change!
We can't do any thing about our age but we can surly do something about our weight!!!
I am so grateful for this website; the before and after pics, the recipes, the advise of those before us that have actually done it and the opportunity to meet and share with people in similar situations as ourselves is great.
A lot of the senior members have blogs and they really do help to inspire(check some out, when you get a minute).
I hope your day is going good, Oh you can join a challenge group, I joined 'Spring into Action' It helps to be accountable to others & not just ourselves.
*Close your eyes and imagine yourself slim, healthy and sexy(if that is what you want) in an outfit that you have always wanted to wear for your next Birthday! Hey, hey looking fine for 49..lol
Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #996
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MimiMarshall
Stats: 303/260.8/145
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: March 1, 2010
Thank you for the encouraging words.. my birthday was really nice.. we went out to eat and I ate corned beef and cabbage (I'm a little Irish). It has been 20 days since my start date and I have definately "stalled", but I am losing inches. I can tell and my husband too. I need to buy a measuring tape so I can focus my obsession on my numbers to inches and break my obsession with the scale. I fluctuate on the scale between the same 3 lbs up and down and it is making me crazy. However, I wore a pair of jeans this weekend that have not fit in a year!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I just want to slap myself! LOL... Have a great Sunday everyone...
09/29: 260.8
10/06:
10/13:
10/20:
10/27:
11/03:
11/10: Fall Challenge Goal Weight 250 lbs
Old 03-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #997
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kellys
Stats: 195.4/186.0/145
WOE: LFL
Start Date: 3/18/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliewill View Post
...and the depression that my weight has brought on(I do not leave my house, except grocery) because I am so uncomfortable with myself and I do not look good in anything I wear .
So I've made up my mind,"This is It"! I feel so much better & I actually have hope that I am doing something about it , for a change! We can't do any thing about our age but we can surly do something about our weight!!!

Natalie,

I'm back on low carb (LFL) and boy could I relate to your post. Today is day 4 for me and I am staying focused because you're right, we cant do anything about our age (I just turned 46) but we can do something about our weight.

I'm just gonna take it one day at a time and like you said, look at all of those before us and let them help me. This site is truly inspirational to me and I see so much help and encouragement (and the kick in the bu** when needed)... Anyhow thank you Natalie and all of you here for giving me the inspiration to move forward.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #998
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrMoonstruck
Greetings! Low Carbed successfuly a few years ago, and tried off and on here and there when i let anything and everything go in my mouth - but never seriously. Back on plan for a few weeks, and doing well - in the first two weeks or so - about 15 pounds! Now week three - and I am in the typical stall - Seeing body changes, but not scale changes, and I confess, I am a daily weigher - but it helps me.

I know I am likely to experience the "whoosh" before long - I have had literally no movement since last Friday - so hopefully it doesn't last too long -

Anyway - Thought I would post, and say - since moral support always helps get through times like these.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #999
Senior LCF Member

ummmmmm...

I really want something BAD.............
Old 04-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMANDA320
Stats: 340/328/250
WOE: ATKINS
Start Date: April 4 2011
There's alot of great info here. Im starting induction tomorrow. Im 320 lbs and scared lol.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #1001
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cadycaines
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2010
I started induction about 6 weeks ago. I just found this forum, while searching for new recipes, and I'm loving it. I can't wait to try all the recipes! I'm learning so much from all of you. I have been stalled for about 2 weeks and now I think I can get through it with all this wonderful information. Thank you, I'm very glad to be here
Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #1002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadycaines View Post
I started induction about 6 weeks ago. I just found this forum, while searching for new recipes, and I'm loving it. I can't wait to try all the recipes! I'm learning so much from all of you. I have been stalled for about 2 weeks and now I think I can get through it with all this wonderful information. Thank you, I'm very glad to be here

Thats exactly how I found this place too. It's a wonderful environment of encouragement, motivation and learning opportunities. Stick around awhile. You'll absolutely love it here!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANDA320 View Post
There's alot of great info here. Im starting induction tomorrow. Im 320 lbs and scared lol.
I started on 4/05/10 also. I am not going to weigh myself so I don't have a start weight, but I have a start size. I am a 23 or 24.

Minigoals: Do induction and don't cheat.
Reach a size 20 by May 5th.
Once I reach these goals, I will encorporate exercise into the routine and set new goals.

I was a size 9 before I started all my yo-yo dieting back in my 20's, so if I am not sure if that is a realistic long term weight goal, but I'd sure like to see single digit clothing sizes again. Hey a girl can dream. Right now I'd like to be able to fit into some designer clothing besides Lane Bryant. If I could get down to a 14 or 16 I could shop somewhere other than the woman's department.

These goals are of course vanity. I would really like to just be able to exercise without being out of breath and go to sleep without sounding like I am sawing logs. And getting off my antihypertension meds would be nice. I was able to stop them before when I lost weight and exercised regularly.

I am scared too Amanda, but less about the diet and more about my tendency to submarine myself due to food addiction behaviors. Hopefully this forum can give me the encouragement and inspiration to do it differently this time.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pattial
Stats: 307/276/140
WOE: south beach
Hi everyone
just joined the site and getting to know my way around....looks so good and welcome here!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #1005
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CooperAlly
Stats: 273/273/150
WOE: Eades 6 Week Cure then Atkins
Start Date: April 2010
I am also new to the low carb dieting having just started. This site is so helpful!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #1006
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarcyDarcy
Stats: 195/180/173 goal: 135 or maybe lower
Start Date: November 2009
NEWBIES!!!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #1007
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
I really want something BAD.............
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMANDA320 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadycaines View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattial View Post
Hi everyone
just joined the site and getting to know my way around....looks so good and welcome here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperAlly View Post
I am also new to the low carb dieting having just started. This site is so helpful!
Hello ladies (and gentlemen if any). Wish you all success in your WL efforts. This is a great place to meet and exchange ideas with people. I would also like yo invite you to stop by and visit us at the 300+ thread at the Century Club. Everyone of any weight is welcome!
300+ Support Group Getting Thin In 20-10! APRIL 2010
Old 04-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
Hiya! Newbie here.

I've been low carbin' it for close to a month now. I've lost 10 lbs already and I feel *fantastic*!!!!!

I was seriously addicted to soda. I was eating lots of bagels, bread, bread, pasta, and more bread...not to mention a lot of other processed foods. A recent Dr. visit revealed I am in serious danger of diabetes and need to watch my cholesterol and blood pressure. I knew immediately what needed to be done.

Strangely enough, I haven't picked an official diet yet. This past week, I read Atkins, South Beach and Living the Low Carb Lifestyle, which was so good I devoured it in one night. I'm going to check out Protein Power and try to find a couple others next time. I'm already past the "induction phase" but am still keeping my carbs down between <20-35 per day.

I'm excited to find this place. Lots of great info and accounts from "real folks" out there actually living this way. Happy to be here.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
Hiya! Newbie here.

I've been low carbin' it for close to a month now. I've lost 10 lbs already and I feel *fantastic*!!!!!

I was seriously addicted to soda. I was eating lots of bagels, bread, bread, pasta, and more bread...not to mention a lot of other processed foods. A recent Dr. visit revealed I am in serious danger of diabetes and need to watch my cholesterol and blood pressure. I knew immediately what needed to be done.

Strangely enough, I haven't picked an official diet yet. This past week, I read Atkins, South Beach and Living the Low Carb Lifestyle, which was so good I devoured it in one night. I'm going to check out Protein Power and try to find a couple others next time. I'm already past the "induction phase" but am still keeping my carbs down between <20-35 per day.

I'm excited to find this place. Lots of great info and accounts from "real folks" out there actually living this way. Happy to be here.
Happy you're here!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #1010
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
Hiya! Newbie here.

Welcome and much luck in finding the right LC plan for you!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #1011
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: martiangurll
Stats: 250ish/201.5/138???
WOE: HCG at the moment R3P2VLDC33
Start Date: 4/01/10 (Atkins restart)

nice user name

The great thing about low carbin' is you can personalize it. I wasn;t ready to give up diet coke, and I didn;t have to (I may in the future, but not yet)

welcome aboard! good job hanging in there the past month
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: randomusername
Stats: 162/137/120
WOE: Protein Power Lifeplan
Start Date: March 2010
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

After getting off the "hard stuff" the natural thing was to switch to diet. The one diet soda I could tolerate was diet Dr. Pepper. So I drank that for about a week. Tried some diet dew and it was okay after not having any sugar for 2 weeks. Now, I barely touch the stuff. I refuse to give up my coffee. Lucky for me I drink it black.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #1013
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rishthedish
Hiya, recycled newbie!

I used to refer to LC Friends all the time a few years back, when I went LC and lost 50 lbs, and down to a size 6. my emotions got the best of me and I ended up packing it back on over 5 or so years.
In those 5 years Ive had heartburn and gallbladder issues and more, and have never felt right again. So I got the bajeebers scared out of me when my husband was diagnosed with diabetes last week. Just a bit of research lead me right back down this familiar LC path. So I got The new Adkins book and read it cover to cover, and have been looking at recipies online, there seem to be a lot more choices than I remember back then! YUM!
But today I am sad. My husband said today that he would rather die than give up his pop and pizza. And while I understand why,(long bloody story with family of origin issues and a painful childhood) It will be hard for me not to be sad for him.
I am excited to be going this way again, I started 3 days ago and am pretty close to ketosis I think. Anyway it feels good and Im glad Im doing something good for myself. My current goal is to loose enough to be able to run comfortably again.
I am so glad to be back!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #1014
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gembabe
Stats: 300.2/288.2/???
Start Date: 4/5/10
Hi All, new to the site

Just wanted to stop by, introduce myself and say thanks for such a wonderful site. I've been lurking about for a couple of days, admiring all the site has to offer and decided to say hello. This is my 2nd time doing low carb, lost 40 lbs a couple of years ago and well I guess everyone knows the rest :blush:. This is just what I need a friendly place to stay strong, sometimes doing it alone just isn"t enough.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #1015
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Falcon Fan
Stats: Fat
Start Date: 04/26/2010
New to the site. I am 33 years old and seriously am at a crossroads where I want to live to see both of my children have grandchildren. Today is the day I have to start. I have been putting it off for way too long. I'm a former athlete who has basically let himself go. 6'3" 300 plus pounds with a high percentage of body fat.. Just looked at some pictures from my recent trip to New York and was disgusted by the man boobs and double (okay triple) chin .. On top of that I am starting to have issues with acid reflux and back pain..I'm too young to feel and look this way...I feel motivated as heck but don't we always on the first day?

Here goes nothing.....(it really needs to be "something")
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're here Falcon Fan! You'll do great!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Welcome everyone!

Yesterday marked 8 weeks on plan for me and 21.5 lbs gone... Nearing my own crossroads as well. I have lost this same 25-30 lbs numerous times over the past 20 years. However, like many, dieting has always been a struggle for me 'cheating' and 'going off plan' then not getting back on... losing and then gaining it back and then some.

THIS TIME, it seems the most difficult part, "cheating" isn't really an issue. After the first week, those 'bouts' of hunger disappeared. Even 8 weeks later, I am not hungry. THIS IS REALLY GREAT!

In addition, the things I am allowed to eat are what would have been considered "cheats" in the past. High fat food has been my downfall. Now, I eat cheese and meat etc. Its working... for me!!

I know when I see the 270's and then the 260's, HELL, I will know I am on my way....
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #1018
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Falcon Fan
Stats: Fat
Start Date: 04/26/2010
Quote:
Yesterday marked 8 weeks on plan for me and 21.5 lbs gone... Nearing my own crossroads as well. I have lost this same 25-30 lbs numerous times over the past 20 years. However, like many, dieting has always been a struggle for me 'cheating' and 'going off plan' then not getting back on... losing and then gaining it back and then some.

THIS TIME, it seems the most difficult part, "cheating" isn't really an issue. After the first week, those 'bouts' of hunger disappeared. Even 8 weeks later, I am not hungry. THIS IS REALLY GREAT!

In addition, the things I am allowed to eat are what would have been considered "cheats" in the past. High fat food has been my downfall. Now, I eat cheese and meat etc. Its working... for me!!

I know when I see the 270's and then the 260's, HELL, I will know I am on my way....

Congrats and I can relate to the short lived results of yo-yo diets.. Lose 30 gain back 40 has unfortunately been my m.o. the past few years. That's why I'm looking for a lifestyle change that I can realistically maintain long term.

Good luck..
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #1019
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fibronurse
Hi Everyone
Just started induction today and am thankful to have found such a great site with such a wealth of information. Have gone up and down with my weight for many years and am ready to lose and keep it off. I am a little worried about how to stay on the plan and still cook meals my family enjoys and also about breakfast. I am not a big egg eater and was wondering if the Atkins bars can be used in the induction phase.
Thanks so much
Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #1020
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilianacatspawn
Stats: 183/130/120
Start Date: October 2009
Hello!

I've been lurking around this board since September 2009 when I first thought of going low carb as an alternative to lap band surgery. I sort of half-way low carbed for that month, cutting out bread, pasta, potatoes and rice to see if I could exist without my comfort foods and started Atkins Induction for real on October 1st. I have since lost 35 pounds and 14 inches off my hips! I've been hovering around 150 for the past month and a half, but I am not worried, because I am still losing inches.

I have also started a wonderful exercise program (Raquel Welch's Total Beauty and Fitness) which is mostly about toning, and giving my muscles back the strength they had lost due to inactivity in an easy and relaxed way.

I have to say that this board is one of the best that I've visited. Very encouraging and informative, with lots of long term members who inspire me. Thanks to everyone!

IlianaCatsPawn