Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Kitty, so glad you came out of lurking. Keep posting, it helped me stay accountable.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #872
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Low Carb
Stats: 256/217/215/213/210/ 270 :(
WOE: Low Carb under 30 per day
Start Date: June 2009
Hello I am new to this site and I would say it a great one! I am grateful to have a support group like this.

Here is my story in a nut shell
I was in a motorcycle accident about 5.5 years ago. I broke my knee and I wasn't mobile for a few years. Over that time I gained 70Lbs. I had 4 surgery on my knee this far and my knee is in good shape now so I wound say I have no reason not lose the weight I put on. I have been on a low carb diet now for 4 months and I have lost 33Lbs. I noticed that I am not losing weight as fast any more. I try not to taken in more that 20 carbs a day and Im good with this amount but again I noticed the weight loss slowing. Is there a reason for this?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #873
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jerusha
What a find this place is!

I'm really impressed with the ideas and resources here!
A friend told me about Low Carb Friends, and I'm looking forward to
visiting here often !

Thanks to all of you who contribute and to the friend who sent me here!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #874
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MBTreacy
Stats: 170
WOE: Starting Atkins TODAY
Start Date: 10/16/09
So SO happy to have a message board for sharing thoughts, fears, recipes and (of course) SUCCESS stories! :-) I'm just tired or being tired and want to stop the weight gain madness! :-)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Ready!

Hi!
I am new here but am sure I've lurked around here and there for years. I've tried everything and I know I fail because I'm not consistent. I will try something new and then return back to old bad habits and to being lazy again.
I ordered the Firm Wave today and hope to start a new Low Carb lifestyle along with it. I'm reading up on the different low carb plans to see which one would fit my lifestyle the best.
I've Somersized before and had the best results but it was very hard with the food combining.
Look forward to finding some great support and recipes here!
Old 10-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #876
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Arubabound10
Stats: 144/138.5/120
WOE: LC/ Love Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2011
I need of some direction. I have been on the Atkins Induction for one month. I didn't loose any weight. After searching through the boards I realized some things that I had done wrong in the beginning like have a glass or two of wine and not enough water and cut back on veggies and cheese.I corrected those mistakes. I am just at a loss. I have done this in the past and lost 30 lbs. I dont want to give up because I know it works and I like all the foods.
Maybe someone out there has experienced the same this and can help me with any suggestions.
You all have such inspirational stories. Tomorrow is a new day. I am going to try to cut some calories. Meat and egg diet seems like it has worked for some, not sure how long I can do that for.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #877
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Aruba - Maybe you should post some of your menus and then we can see what you're eating/drinking. Have you exercised at all?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 AM   #878
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chiody
Stats: 245/153/165 6'0" Diabetic T2, No Meds 22 yrs.
WOE: LC/Paleo/IF (Maintenance) HbA1C 4.5 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrakat View Post
Hello all! I am new to this board but not to the Low Carb life, I am restarting a Low Carb diet after a re-gain...about 8 years ago I lost my post baby weight gain doing LC, I was 198 at my last sons birth dropped to 175 and stuck at that weight, I did the LC and dropped to 130 I even had a tummy tuck to get rid of all the extra skin I had, now over the past year or longer I have let myslef go crazy on the eating, I maintained for years just by staying away from to much bread, pizza, potatoes etc...and it did well for me...but lifes stresses stepped in and the rest is history, back up to 170 and on a 5'2" body it really shows! Not to mention 40 is knocking on my door! I joined this board to find out some new ideas for LC-ing, as I am sure over 8 years new things have come up. I have been reading for a couple weeks now and have some new recipies I am going to try..thanks and wish me luck!
Regarding pizza, if you can ditch the crust, and minimize some of the tomato sauce/paste, it will still comply with low carb requirements. I know it has worked as I love the Costco "supreme" pizza slices with mushrooms, bell pepper, sausage, pepperoni, black olives, onions and of course cheese and "some" sauce. Just this weekend, our family went through 2 whole Costco pizza's and last nights Bear football game (lost of course), we had 2 sausage and 1 pepperoni Little Ceasar's Pizza's as a game snack. Our all time favorite pizza is Edwardo's deep dish spinach BTW.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #879
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spotman47
Stats: 365/349/285
WOE: atkins/moderate carbs
Start Date: 10-19-09
newbee!

Hi all
Just wanted to say hi to everyone this is a awsome site and looks like with a little time spent should be a awsome motaviator also.Have been on various ways to lose weight but this style of proteins and lack of carbs is the only thing that seems to work!Long over due for a change, its only been a few days and feel good all ready!First two days felt sickly but now I HAVE A FEELING OF CONTROL ALREADY!Don't be shy and drop aline would love to hear from ya! Mike
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #880
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chiody
Stats: 245/153/165 6'0" Diabetic T2, No Meds 22 yrs.
WOE: LC/Paleo/IF (Maintenance) HbA1C 4.5 2011
Welcome...and best to you continuing with the new regimen! It's the toughest in the beginning but the rewards in the end make it all worth it. You'll find plenty of helpful advice and support on these forums.

Hang in there!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #881
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chene
newbie from spicewood

Just completed book. Beginning first week of deplete tomorrow. Not a water drinker. Does coffee count toward water requirement. Love your helpful hints. Thanks, Chene
Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #882
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jackiegg
Stats: 229/215/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 6 2009
Hi everybody!
Im new to this board. I started the atkins woe on October 6, 2009 and have lost 15lbs so far!! this is the best woe out there! no cravings, no hunger and more energy than I've ever had!! my goal is to lose about 75 lbs....15 down, only 60 to go! This website is a great encouragement. Thanks for all the tips!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #883
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wendarling
WOE: TNT low carb
Start Date: November 2009
Hey there I'm new to the forum and hoping to find a place to call home. I've been a TNT low carb gal with great success in the past.... in fact never felt better when following low carb..... but have had some serious health issues past 20 months which have laid me very low.... consequently now doing what I think is probably a great impression of a beached whale .. and being confined to bed so much of the time find TV and food my greatest comforts.... now the idea of being out and trying to look OK when my partner is a TTT (Trim/Taut/Terrific) athlete is so frightening!!!!

But... the good news is I can now see some light with diet/exercise/attitude my focus. I've tried other plans but just don't feel right on them and usually starving... so going to TNT for 4 weeks and get my low carb regiment going. Need to drop 25kgs / 55Lbs :blush:..... just want to cry when I see that amount... has gone on so quickly... but am determined to give it my best shot!

Looking forward to meeting new people and also helping others if I can.

Ciao

Wen
Old 10-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #884
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: twinzie02
Stats: 241/234/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 20,2013 Restart
Starting Again!!

Well success was fleeting about 2 years ago I lost 50lbs. I was so happy and vowed never to gain it back. I gave away all my fat clothes and purchased some lovely stylish clothes. Well life got in the way. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in November. She passed away in February. In April my daughter (19 years old) began suffering severe seizures and up until July was having multiple seizures every day. After a visit to UCLA in July it was determined she did not have epilepsy, but a conversion disorder. Which is due to stress. Probably the loss of my mom, her grandmother. My dad had hip replacement and my grandmother had to be moved into a senior facility. I just lost all my willpower to stay with my eating plan. Fast and easy became the mainstay. Those carbs that were my enemy became my best friend.

After much soul searching, I have realized the only thing that will make me happy is to pick up and start again. I need to do it for my health and lose the 35 lbs I have gained back. I need to break the bad habits and realize I am an addict. A Carb Addict. Always subject to falling off the wagon. Own up to my mistakes and move on. So here I am. )
Old 10-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #885
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsSweet
Hello I am new here, I had done a search for diet cherry limeade from sonic and it gave me this site.. So i found this by accident. Boy what a find. I have enjoyed somethings I have read. and I am looking forward to getting to know others that are doing the carb diet. I started this journey August 17th, after a trip to California and looking at the pictures I was in such shock at how ugly and fat i was. I decided to do something about it. I have made up in my mind ! I Don't want to be FAT any longer. I started off at 218lbs. That was 2 and 1/2 months ago. I am not at 189. I enjoy this diet. I know that carbs are my enemy. I have to watch them for the rest of my life.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #886
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heidi.em
Stats: 210/183/175
WOE: Rosedale Diet
Start Date: October 27 2009
Hello everyone!

My name is Heidi. I'm a student of education, a workaholic, and a chef extraordinaire. In the hopes of kicking Candida in the butt, I started the Rosedale diet a few weeks ago. So far, it's been fantastic!

I'm hoping to find some likeminded people here-- I've been reading the forum all night and you all are such a supportive bunch! I'm excited to be here

Talk to you soon!

Heidi
Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #887
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BlingDangie
WOE: Consistent Carbs/Low Carbs (Diabetes)
Start Date: July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuzi View Post
wonderful site!! thank you for making this journey easier
I'm unable to see the site. I get a Geocities error. Has it moved?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #888
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: strega*luna
Stats: 166.6/163.8/130
WOE: modified South Beach
Start Date: October 2009
me, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzie02 View Post
Well success was fleeting about 2 years ago I lost 50lbs. I was so happy and vowed never to gain it back. I gave away all my fat clothes and purchased some lovely stylish clothes. Well life got in the way. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in November. She passed away in February. In April my daughter (19 years old) began suffering severe seizures and up until July was having multiple seizures every day. After a visit to UCLA in July it was determined she did not have epilepsy, but a conversion disorder. Which is due to stress. Probably the loss of my mom, her grandmother. My dad had hip replacement and my grandmother had to be moved into a senior facility. I just lost all my willpower to stay with my eating plan. Fast and easy became the mainstay. Those carbs that were my enemy became my best friend.

After much soul searching, I have realized the only thing that will make me happy is to pick up and start again. I need to do it for my health and lose the 35 lbs I have gained back. I need to break the bad habits and realize I am an addict. A Carb Addict. Always subject to falling off the wagon. Own up to my mistakes and move on. So here I am. )
Twinzie, I left you a message on your profile as well. We have a lot in common, looking forward to getting to know you and hoping we can support each other!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #889
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: strega*luna
Stats: 166.6/163.8/130
WOE: modified South Beach
Start Date: October 2009
site down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsuzi View Post
wonderful site!! thank you for making this journey easier
Cheri's site doesn't appear to be working for me, anyone else?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #890
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: macanaw
Stats: 205
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/01/2009
Today is the first day back on Atkins. HELP!

Hello Everyone!

I've done Atkins for the past 4 years. I've done it more less frequently than frequent. It works. It takes SO much willpower to stay on path but it's SO worth it. I was really great the beginning of this year and then the past few months, i've strayed. It shows. I've gained all of my weight back after saying that I wouldn't gain any back after all the sacrafice I've made to lose it. I think I was so upset at myself for not eating properly that I simply gave up. I gave up on myself and now i'm so upset that I let it get this far. All I can do now is start all over again.
Today is the day. Today is the day I'm starting over with a clean slate. The first 2 weeks are the most difficult. I'm a major carb addict. I love potatos, beans, rice and bread. The cravings are almost unbearable at times but I WILL RESIST.
I've always lurked this website. This is the best site for anyone looking to succeed. I've just now posted because i'm ready to join you all in accountablility.

Anyone else out there just now starting their healthy eating habits?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ViolaVixen
Stats: 155(2002)/142(PreAtkins)/128.3(wt now); 5' 7.5''
WOE: Atkins / general LowCarb / Lifting Weights
Start Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by macanaw View Post
The first 2 weeks are the most difficult. I'm a major carb addict. I love potatos, beans, rice and bread. The cravings are almost unbearable at times but I WILL RESIST. ....
Anyone else out there just now starting their healthy eating habits?
Hello! This sounds a lot like me

I've never done Atkins before but after hearing from the low-carb diet from a friend, I've decided to give it a go (along with my boyfriend, for a support system!). I am so reluctant to give up the pastas and breads (I've got Italian roots) but I ransacked my pantry and got rid of all temptation and restocked with low-carb alternatives! But it's very encouraging to hear that although it's tough it WILL be a success and is worth it!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #892
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Qteepie
WOE: lowcarb
New here. Looking forward to all the great resources that I see.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 AM   #893
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 230/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Sept. 2014
Geocities cite not working for me either.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 AM   #894
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I have been low carbing the last 9 days or so and lost a couple of pounds but more inportiantly my diabetes is in controle now! Has anyone tried following the eat fat grow
thin type plan 4 or 5 days a week and then using the Medi weight loss type plan the
other 2 or 3 days a week to try to speed up weight loss.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #895
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IntheWind
Stats: 230/230/150
WOE: General Low Carbing
Start Date: March 2011
Hi everyone,

Been a member of LCF for 3 years off and on which is just about how long I have been "Low Carbing It". Finally decided to do something about it now before the aches and pains got the better of me. Just started back Monday and already notice a difference. Looking forward to meeting many low carbers.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #896

Gallery: supermouse35
Stats: 295/257/150
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Started for real 10/15/09
Hi, I'd love to see the site but now that GeoCities is gone I'm wondering if the information has been posted elsewhere?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #897
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkInNy JeAnS
Stats: 01.8/95.6/30
WOE: as lc as i can keep it
Start Date: march 2012
where did your site go? IN NEED lol
Old 11-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #898
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fire27503
Stats: 157/136/125
Start Date: Restart date: Feb. 25, 2013
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #899
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
We are moving the newbiesite elsewhere since geocities went down.. I should of moved it a long time ago but was so busy I missed the cut off... I will let you all know when there is a new one up.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #900
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkInNy JeAnS
Stats: 01.8/95.6/30
WOE: as lc as i can keep it
Start Date: march 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
We are moving the newbiesite elsewhere since geocities went down.. I should of moved it a long time ago but was so busy I missed the cut off... I will let you all know when there is a new one up.
Thanks so much! I really need it lol