Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dragonballz
Stats: 214/210/180-first goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/23/13
Thanks for such a wonderful site...so informative!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #842
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pippi819
New to Low carb eating

Hubby has type 2 diabetes and both he and I need to get rid of the excess weight we are carrying around. Since his KRS, he has lost almost 15 lbs. but needs to shed about 20-30 more. I need to get rid of lots more than that. I have been reading about this low carb and are trying to gradually go that way. Our biggest downfall is potatoes, rice and bread. We have started eating out of smaller plates and cutting down on our portions. We only eat brown rice, and Nature's Own honey wheat or 100% wheat bread..we have even cut back on the potatoes. Our biggest challenge is making ourselves get out and walk or go to the exercise center. You'll see me post often until I get the hang of this low carb way. Copied a lot of Dana Carpenter's simple recipes down this morning when I wasn't able to sleep.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 AM   #843
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nicolletta
Stats: 166/162/120
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: August 10, 2009
Hello all! It's nice to be here in the LC community.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Dragonballz, pippi, and Nicoletta

Jump right in and find a forum you can relate to and get to know the posters and you will become part of a smaller community of wise and wonderful LCers.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #845
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pchick
Stats: 197/180/135
WOE: plain low carb/ NO gluten /low glycemic
Start Date: June 28 2009
sweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLyn View Post
Oh well, I guess I will give up all sweets, and yes I am highly allergic to all low sweetners, all brands and it is on my list that I carry with me all the time. Actually had the problem of discovering that I was allergic to them when in hospital and they gave me a diet soda which caused me to stop breathing. So if I can avoid them like the plague, then I will avoid all sugar food.
What about Stevia or Agave Nectar? Both "sweeteners" are actually plants with no additives or preservatives. It's the only sweet stuff I can eat without having issues. I have gluten intolerance ~ and can't seem to eat ANY grain or sweetener... I have to be very careful with whole fruit too, just a half cup at most. Carbs are deadly to me as they actually cause a toxic buildup in my small intestines which causes an autoimmune reaction which causes leaky gut.

Good luck to you ~ I wouldn't know how to avoid Olive oil and garlic though... what do you use for those?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #846
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mysosophist
Hi all, another newbie
I just started a vegan diet and so far, so good Also feels good to help out making the planet green. I'll keep you updated!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysosophist View Post
Hi all, another newbie
I just started a vegan diet and so far, so good Also feels good to help out making the planet green. I'll keep you updated!
Good luck to you. I don't know of very many vegans on this low carb site, but I am sure there are some. Most people on here eat animal protein.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blaze
Stats: 285/207/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 08/07/2009
Hi everyone, this is my first post. This site has been so informative and inspirational, you all are awesome. lost 60lbs 6yrs ago on low carb, gained it all back plus a whole lot more. Started Atkins august '09 at 285lbs, weighed 263.5lbs this morning. Goal for sept is to loose 15lbs. Plan to remain on induction for at least 6months. Thank you all and have a glorious day.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009

Hi eveyone. I have been reading the posts on here and find it very motivating, and the recipies make me hungry. I had to stop for now. I just signed up today. So, here is my story. I tried Atkins Back in April 09. I lost 7 pounds in the first 5 days and I had plans on staying on Induction for a couple months until I was closer to my goal. I some how gained 2 pounds back and my weight wouldn't budge for 2 months. During my Induction I worked out like usual. I would do my daily run of about 5-8 miles, and lift weights. Finally, with all the fustration, and no more weight loss, I gave up on the Atkins. Still excersizing, just not low carbing. I really liked the Atkins way of life. So I am going to try it again. Back with a vengance!! lol I practically have the DANDR book memorized, so there is no reason why this won't work. Everyone else seems to keep losing after months. I just have 15 pounds, thats all. I am 5'7" and 145, My all time goal is 130. I weighed that up until 2008 and I was really happy there. I have been able to get down to 140, but it just stays there for a blink and then back on it goes.
So, I'm excited to start this journey over again. Good luck to everyone,... and to me
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #850
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KellyJoy
Stats: 220/220/150
Start Date: September 14, 2009
Hello! I am a fresh newbie, just 18 and going off to college and ready to start a whole new life.

My parents and aunt lost a bunch of weight doing low carb and I thought, how about me? So I am starting today, weighing at 220, and hoping by christmas to be 180? Too ambitious? Thoughts?

I also need help starting... Im getting a lot of mixed messages. I have been told FLAXSEED FLAXSEED FLAXSEED! But on the website, in the induction section, it says no nuts or seeds for two weeks???? IM SO COFUSED!!!

Hoping for Success! Determined for Results!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #851
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJoy View Post
Hello! I am a fresh newbie, just 18 and going off to college and ready to start a whole new life.

My parents and aunt lost a bunch of weight doing low carb and I thought, how about me? So I am starting today, weighing at 220, and hoping by christmas to be 180? Too ambitious? Thoughts?

I also need help starting... Im getting a lot of mixed messages. I have been told FLAXSEED FLAXSEED FLAXSEED! But on the website, in the induction section, it says no nuts or seeds for two weeks???? IM SO COFUSED!!!

Hoping for Success! Determined for Results!
You go girl, forget the Freshman 15
Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #852
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 38momoffour
Stats: 145/140/127
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: September 2009
Hi everyone. I am sure I am replying to someone but I am not real great with computers and I want to ask some questions about induction and I can not seem to find a way to do it. Today is day 6 and have lost 6 pounds but feel like crap and am wondering what is wrong. I used to be anorexic around 105 and 5"7 tall. Now I have a 14 month old girl and have been at 145-150 and feel O.K. but am really bummed about weight and I want to lose weight instead of just not eating and going back to bad habits. I exercise 4-5 times a week but my metab is low I think from years of abuse and does not want to give up weight. I am happy to be going down but need help.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #853
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Getting_To_Goal
Stats: 320/315/170
Start Date: September 2011
Thanks for posting this!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #854
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jshep
Stats: 186.2/182.2/117
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 10/17/13
new here

Thanks, cheri for all the useful info. I can't wait to get started looking around!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #855
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahleigh81
Stats: 220/215/120
Start Date: Sept 17, 2009
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site, but not so new to LC. I did a few months of LC a couple of years ago and lost 30 pounds. I've managed to gain it all back and then some.

I have about 90 pounds to lose. My boyfriend is trying to go LC as well, but he's rather thin, he just has a bit of a tummy to lose.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #856
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mimms002
hi all! new to sight. started the hcg protocol with thursday being my husband and i's first vlcd day. well its saturday and and i have lost 5 lbs. love the hcg program did iting t last summer lost 25 lbs n 25 days but had to quite due to surgery so didnt get to finish 40 day round. starying again, gained10 back, still need to lose 30-35. love all the info and recipes and support! it sures makes it less difficult knowing not doing it alone!
thanks
mimms
Old 09-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have a question. When counting carbs, do you go by the package label, or a generic carb counter such as the internet or book? I have always counted an egg as .6 carbs, but i bought some egglands best eggs and they say they have 0 carbs. I have heard from a LC-er, who's been in this for 8 years, and she states to go by labels? I also bought some pepperjack cheese, label says 0, book says to count it as 1. One to me is a big difference, at least now being on induction.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 AM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
I have a question. When counting carbs, do you go by the package label, or a generic carb counter such as the internet or book? I have always counted an egg as .6 carbs, but i bought some egglands best eggs and they say they have 0 carbs. I have heard from a LC-er, who's been in this for 8 years, and she states to go by labels? I also bought some pepperjack cheese, label says 0, book says to count it as 1. One to me is a big difference, at least now being on induction.
I am not sure of this since I don't count carbs. But, I think for a nutrition label, they can claim 0 carbs if it less than one. I am not sure on this, but guessing. There are other ways that the labels of products can be classified as "organic", "natural", "diet" etc.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks vli1127
Old 09-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #860
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarina
Stats: 185/185/160
WOE: Ultimate Fat Burning Guide
Start Date: Technically August 20th
: hello! think i found the newbie section? glad i found you guys. i'm just a month into adopting a low carb lifestyle and while i'm doing pretty well, i could sure use some help and support!!! i swear my body REFUSES to give up ANY weight. i'm 5'10" 185#. weekends are the toughest cuz i'm home with the old man and the routine is off and we traditionally have a nice big late morning breakfast and then promptly go down for a nice nap. not saying it's HIS fault, that's just the part of the whole program i struggle with....during the work week i do fabulous, got a morning workout going now, pack a nice lunch, have some atkins products here on hand IN my office, drinking more water, fiber supplement, all that GOOD stuff. so go me on that.

ya'd THINK all this would shake things up. ya'd think my scale needle could hit any other notch but 185, but noooooooooo. so that tells me a couple things:

1) it's a work in progress
2) time to take a more focused approach

anyway, that's all about me for now. off to go read.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Arubabound10
Stats: 144/138.5/120
WOE: LC/ Love Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2011
Thanks, I am looking for a place to start. I started LC 6 days ago and have gained 4 pounds. I woke up today feeling like a stuffed sausage. I am starting a journal to see where I am going wrong. I LC'd years ago and lost 30lbs. I gained 20 lbs over the past year. Agter reading alot of your posts I realize, more water less wine and off the cheese for a while

Last edited by Arubabound10; 09-22-2009 at 11:34 AM..
Old 09-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #862
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 38momoffour
Stats: 145/140/127
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: September 2009
Hi I can't really fiqure out how this site works yet and who to ask. I just finished induction and lost 6 pounds. Should I move to OWL or can I stay on induction until I lose 4 more. ( 1st mini goal).
Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #863
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bellyrubz
Great site! The fun begins tomorrow! Again.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #864
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherart
Stats: 215/211/160
WOE: Serotonin-Plus Weight Loss Program
Start Date: September 25, 2009
Hi everyone!

I am really happy to have found this site because I'm fairly new with the low carb thing, and being an absolute carb junkie I will definitely need help! I'm a juvenile diabetic with several autoimmune-related conditions, and my husband just found out he'd type 2 diabetic. We have an 8 yr old little girl who is our motivation - if we can make these healthy changes now maybe she won't have to go through so much of the health issues that we have endured.

My naturopathic doc just started us on a program called Serotonin-Plus which includes a low carb & low fat diet, along with serotonin supplements that are supposed to help with carb cravings, as well as help mood & autoimmune issues. It's a pretty new program and designed along the lines of the Zone, South Beach, etc. I'm so ready to begin this new change in our lives, but I have to admit I'm really freaking out about the no carb thing. It's always been my staple and I've failed pretty miserably in the past. I'm hoping that this time, with my family involved, and finding others who have been through all this, plus all the great information on this site, I will finally be a successful.

Thanks all.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #865
Blabbermouth!!!

Sherrie, do share how this works out as you go. I am into naturopathic medicine, but there aren't any practitioners in my area.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #866
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherart
Stats: 215/211/160
WOE: Serotonin-Plus Weight Loss Program
Start Date: September 25, 2009
I will do that Vicki. The Serotonin Plus is working with naturopathic MDs to disperse info & oversee the medical side of the program. It's primarily a high protein, low fat version and takes into account those who are vegetarian (& vegan as well, I think). I'm not a vegtn but I'm finding many of their recipes really helpful.

If you're interested in the program the website is: Serotonin Plus Weight Loss Program by SP Weight Loss
They provide supplements, the main one being a direct source of serotonin which is proprietary in the marketplace, and it is supposed to help immensely with carb cravings that are due to a serotonin deficiency. Pretty interesting stuff. I haven't started on the supplements yet, but I'm really looking forward to see how useful they are.

I'm thinking of creating a new thread in the diet/program area here for this program. I hope that's okay.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #867
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildcatome
Stats: 245/168/170??
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7-5-2009
Hello everyone! I am a new poster here, although I have lurked on and off for awhile :-). I'm 3 months into eating LC and as of yesterday....40 pounds lighter! Yay!!
I still have quite a way to go... about 30 to 35 pounds at least. The weight loss is s-l-o-w-i-n-g now---so I am jumping on here posting in hopes of finding support. I started a journal in that section, too. Angela's Journal if anyone is interested in reading a little more about me. Nice to meet you all!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 PM   #868
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilsuzi
WOE: lc-vlc
Start Date: 9/14/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of the new webpage I made that is completely for newbies but also has tons of items for the most seasoned of lowcarbers!! It has the rules for induction... an acceptable food list... a carb/nutritional counter... a weight/BMI/calorie calculator... Hidden carb information... Exercise info... Frequently asked questions... Advice from experienced Low carbers and several other things. I hope that you will find it useful...I have gotten lots of feedback on how much the people like this page. Let me know if you like it or even if there is something you think needs to be included. Thanks!!

A BEGINNERS' GUIDE TO LOWCARBING

cheri
wonderful site!! thank you for making this journey easier
Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nhrakat
Stats: 157/128/125
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 5/16/2012
Hello all! I am new to this board but not to the Low Carb life, I am restarting a Low Carb diet after a re-gain...about 8 years ago I lost my post baby weight gain doing LC, I was 198 at my last sons birth dropped to 175 and stuck at that weight, I did the LC and dropped to 130 I even had a tummy tuck to get rid of all the extra skin I had, now over the past year or longer I have let myslef go crazy on the eating, I maintained for years just by staying away from to much bread, pizza, potatoes etc...and it did well for me...but lifes stresses stepped in and the rest is history, back up to 170 and on a 5'2" body it really shows! Not to mention 40 is knocking on my door! I joined this board to find out some new ideas for LC-ing, as I am sure over 8 years new things have come up. I have been reading for a couple weeks now and have some new recipies I am going to try..thanks and wish me luck!

They say my ideal weight is 115..ha ha I have not seen that since 8th grade!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #870
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kittycross
Stats: 217/208/170
Start Date: Start again Date 10/5/09
I am so excited to be able to finally post on this sight! Im a long time lurker but never posted. I started eating low carb in November of 08 after eating up my kids halloween candy:blush: Needless to say, they weren't happy and I wasn't happy with myself. I initially lost about 25 lbs, then Christmas came around and I gained I've had 2 false starts so far this year. I've been tryin to get it together so that I can finish all the levels of Atkins the way that they should be. I think with all the help here I just might be able to stay on track!