Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #721
Senior LCF Member
 
Miss Linda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 294
Gallery: Miss Linda
Stats: 220/207/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/2/09
need a little help

Hi everyone;
I started atkins on 3/2 and the first week went from 220.5 to 212. The second week went to 205
The third week went to 206.5 and this week went to 207. I don't understand what's up. I am eating the same foods as the first 2 weeks and drinking the 64oz of water or more eachday. I do water arobics every morning for an hour and then do the stability ball for core strength for 30 minutes. If I don't do the ball, I'll do the treadmill for 30 minutes. I haven't seen any changes in inches since starting. I have the ketone strips which are the darkest purple on the pack. I can't understand why I am not losing but gaining. This is starting my 5th week and I'm getting frustrated. I'm never hungry but I eat 3 times a day even if I don't feel like it. You all sound like pros. Maybe someone can give me some insite since nothing has changed except for adding another exercise.
__________________
[b]~*~Linda~*~
__________________
*~Linda~*
Miss Linda is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Linda View Post
Hi everyone;
I started atkins on 3/2 and the first week went from 220.5 to 212. The second week went to 205
The third week went to 206.5 and this week went to 207. I don't understand what's up. I am eating the same foods as the first 2 weeks and drinking the 64oz of water or more eachday. I do water arobics every morning for an hour and then do the stability ball for core strength for 30 minutes. If I don't do the ball, I'll do the treadmill for 30 minutes. I haven't seen any changes in inches since starting. I have the ketone strips which are the darkest purple on the pack. I can't understand why I am not losing but gaining. This is starting my 5th week and I'm getting frustrated. I'm never hungry but I eat 3 times a day even if I don't feel like it. You all sound like pros. Maybe someone can give me some insite since nothing has changed except for adding another exercise.
__________________
[b]~*~Linda~*~

Hi Linda - same name here

You have done great so far - so pat yourself on the back before you read on.

1) Give your body a change to adjust. It's re-organizing so to speak.

2) Do measure yourself. The measuring tape is your best friend - not your scale.

3) You gain muscle when you excercise (a good thing because it burns off more calories and fat) but know that muscle weighs more than fat.

4) Post a couple of days worth of menus so we can see if you need to adjust. Do ******.com to count your carbs, proteins, fats, calories.

5) The fact that you are in ketosis is a great thing. You WILL lose the lbs. Be patient and abide by the book.
__________________
Blue Topaz
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #723
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
Gallery: xtracex
Hi all, i started Atkins on monday, so far I have lost 12Lb and Im very pleased, I did atkins quite a few years ago and lost a lot of weight which I quickly gained again after having a baby, I tried the plan again time and time again but never lost a thing, this time I am determined and focused, I have 70Lb to lose but take it one step at a time xxxxxxxx
xtracex is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #724
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2
Gallery: susanevans73
WOE: Crack the fat loss code
Start Date: 12/30/08
self proclaimed nooob

hi all. i started the low carb thing right around the new year. i jumped ship from weight watchers and haven been doing the 'crack the fat loss code' and i love it. so far for me it's the only thing that's worked. i've cut WAY down on carbs, processed food and sugar. i love the new WOE and if i have a bad day food wise i get right back on plan. anwyays, i'll be around...just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
susanevans73 is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanevans73 View Post
hi all. i started the low carb thing right around the new year. i jumped ship from weight watchers and haven been doing the 'crack the fat loss code' and i love it. so far for me it's the only thing that's worked. i've cut WAY down on carbs, processed food and sugar. i love the new WOE and if i have a bad day food wise i get right back on plan. anwyays, i'll be around...just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
Hi Susan,

What is "Crack the Fat Loss Code" about? Is that high protein/low carb?

Are you going to go to Atkins WOE?

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 04-09-2009 at 03:52 PM..
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #726
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2
Gallery: susanevans73
WOE: Crack the fat loss code
Start Date: 12/30/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Hi Susan,

What is "Crack the Fat Loss Code" about? Is that high protein/low carb?

Are you going to go to Atkins WOE?
hey-
CTFLC is a woe developed by personal trainer wendy chant and recently made the NY times best seller list. it's basically carb up carb down depending on the week and day and focusing when in the day to eat things. i've done well on it, but it's tough some days. (like today for instance when i had brownies in the kitchen staring at me from when i made them for my husband). anyways...it's basically an 8 week "boot camp" to retrain your body on what to use for energy, then after that you "maintain". then you can go back and do a week or two to get back on track etc. the great thing is - is that nothing is off limits, you just can't have everything all the time. it makes sense if you take the time to read the book and understand it's concepts.
susanevans73 is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 AM   #727
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 36
Gallery: MrsChesterDogg
Hello everyone. I've been posting and commenting on other posts so I thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Sharon and live in WV. I'm new to the board but not new to LC. I was eating this way several years ago and managed to lose about 20 lbs. Don't know why I quit. I've been back on track for a week now and managed to loose 13 lbs! I'm feeling better, my blood sugars are down (I'm diabetic) and I even feel like I have a bit more energy. Thanks so much for this forum I think it's going to help me a lot.
MrsChesterDogg is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanevans73 View Post
hey-
CTFLC is a woe developed by personal trainer wendy chant and recently made the NY times best seller list. it's basically carb up carb down depending on the week and day and focusing when in the day to eat things. i've done well on it, but it's tough some days. (like today for instance when i had brownies in the kitchen staring at me from when i made them for my husband). anyways...it's basically an 8 week "boot camp" to retrain your body on what to use for energy, then after that you "maintain". then you can go back and do a week or two to get back on track etc. the great thing is - is that nothing is off limits, you just can't have everything all the time. it makes sense if you take the time to read the book and understand it's concepts.
Sounds interesting. My doc has me now on South Beach. Having trouble adding carbs and eating enough calories. CTFLC sounds interesting - perhaps something I can look into if I get into a stall w/SB. Right now, I'm gaining but it is to be expected going from Atkins to SB for now until my body adjusts to the carbs.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #729
Senior LCF Member
 
uvgottabkidding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 138
Gallery: uvgottabkidding
Stats: 197.7/149./141
WOE: hhCG Detox Formula Phase 3 starts 9/17
Start Date: April 10 1st VLCD of R1
where to buy hcg

Hi, everyone. I am new here and love to read all your enthusiasm and support for each other. I'm on R1P2Day6 and have lost 4 pounds. It's been tough. I should not have started my VLCD on Good Friday. Not very smart of me. I just couldn't wait.
I saw several people asking where to buy the hCG. I found a pre-mixed sublingual from Mediral on the changesforlife.net. I was able to buy 3 13 day vials for $64.00 total and I receivced it in 3 days. I just stumbled across the website. If you check it out, click on her Simeon's Protocol tab.

Anyway, thank you for your inspiration-all of you. I will keep reading until I get to my goal or need break whichever comes first.
uvgottabkidding is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #730
Junior LCF Member
 
ElfredaLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PDX
Posts: 15
Gallery: ElfredaLC
Stats: 208/200/150
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: 11/08
New and looking for a home!

Hi! I guess it's time for me to introduce myself, instead of just playing word games!

My DH and I started doing low carb last November, after I started reading Dana Carpender's blog, and got the Glycemic Load Diet book from the library. It's worked fairly well for my sweetie, but I've only lost 8 lbs, and have been hovering at 200 for about 4 months.

I'm embarrassed to say, I don't like most veggies, so rotate around green beans, spinach and occasionally peas. (Mothers, don't let your babies be picky eaters, because they might grow up to be picky adult eaters, too!) I'm doing sort of generic VLC because of that, 20-50 carbs a day per ******. (Carbs 8%, protein 30%, fat 62%, averaging < 1500 calories/day.)

I'm pretty good about not cheating, and even begged out of the family Easter dinner, because though they love us, they don't get it. "We wanted to help, so we bought you low fat sour cream for your baked potato!"

So, I'm a little frustrated about the non-weight loss, but on the other hand, I'm totally committed to this WOE for life, whether I lose weight or not. I've read voraciously about LC and health issues, and "Good Calories Bad Calories" sealed it. I still check the scale every day, though. Next up: more exercising, and maybe I'll learn to drink coconut oil...

And if my DH thinks he's getting off LC, he can forget it - I've seen the recent studies about Alzheimer's possibly being a 3rd type of diabetes, and his dad is in a locked door 'memory care unit' from that now. No way DH is going back to the old carbage way of eating!

So thanks everyone for the great posts, I appreciate you sharing your time and knowledge and experiences.
__________________
--------------------
Elfreda
in sunny Portland, OR
(well, sometimes it is...)
ElfredaLC is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Hi everyone,

So glad to see fellow low-carbers still hanging in there!

I tried Atkins for the 1st time waaaaaaay back in 1980 and lost 20 pounds, but I just couldn't keep it up. The diet was much more strict, just meat, cheese and a little salad.

Then, in April of 2003 I read one of Dr. Atkins' newer books. I lost about 80 pounds in 14months and kept it off for 2 years. I got so sick of grilled chicken breast I thought I'd scream! Plus, I was going through a big depressive episode, so I fell back on my old crutch of junk food and gained back 30 pounds very quickly. I stayed at about 180 for the past 3 years until this winter when I gained another 25 pounds.

I've tried several times to get back eating low-carb, but it's been difficult, which is why I was so, so careful not to cheat after I lost the weight. I new it would be really hard to stop eating chips and fries--my biggest weaknesses--if I started again. However, I am totally determined to get this weight off again and keep it off. Type 2 diabetes runs in both sides of my family and I do not want to ever develop it. I started again 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds.

My biggest obstacle--other than myself--is the fact that I can't exercise very much. I have severe nerve damage in my low back and pelvis, as well as a pinched nerve in my left knee, so even walking can be very painful, especially any kind of power walking.

That's my story. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you and giving and receiving the encouragement that I think is vital to keep going.
__________________
NickiM
--Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels
--I can control what I put in my mouth, even when I'm depressed or sad

Last edited by NickiM; 04-21-2009 at 10:30 AM..
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #732
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Hi ElfredaLC,

I'm curious about the studies showing Alzhheimer's possibly being a type of diabetes. I had heard a long time ago that a lower carb diet make help--and look at the horrible high starch garbage they serve in nursing homes--, but I'd love to read the info you found. Could you send me a link or web address? Thanks
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Welcome Nicki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiM View Post
Hi everyone,

So glad to see fellow low-carbers still hanging in there!

I tried Atkins for the 1st time waaaaaaay back in 1980 and lost 20 pounds, but I just couldn't keep it up. The diet was much more strict, just meat, cheese and a little salad.

Then, in April of 2003 I read one of Dr. Atkins' newer books. I lost about 80 pounds in 14months and kept it off for 2 years. I got so sick of grilled chicken breast I thought I'd scream! Plus, I was going through a big depressive episode, so I fell back on my old crutch of junk food and gained back 30 pounds very quickly. I stayed at about 180 for the past 3 years until this winter when I gained another 25 pounds.

I've tried several times to get back eating low-carb, but it's been difficult, which is why I was so, so careful not to cheat after I lost the weight. I new it would be really hard to stop eating chips and fries--my biggest weaknesses--if I started again. However, I am totally determined to get this weight off again and keep it off. Type 2 diabetes runs in both sides of my family and I do not want to ever develop it. I started again 2 weeks ago and have lost 7 pounds.

My biggest obstacle--other than myself--is the fact that I can't exercise very much. I have severe nerve damage in my low back and pelvis, as well as a pinched nerve in my left knee, so even walking can be very painful, especially any kind of power walking.

That's my story. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you and giving and receiving the encouragement that I think is vital to keep going.


I understand your position on exercise. I have a bum knee and also Spina Bifida (not crippling but painfully stiff and achy). Someone told me about Callenetics for Beginners and I tried it out last night and it's great. It's slow, graceful movements with people demonstrating that all have physical maladies. I went thru the DVD and did a few just to test the waters. She even gives a 10 min demonstration at the end for help with back pain. The instructor has it herself. I tried it in bed before I got up and I did not have the stiffness that has plagued me for 20 yrs! If you want more info on this DVD, let me know. It's an option for you to think about It burns calories and tones the bod all over from neck to legs. Excellent inner and lower thighs, butt and tummy! None of it hurts!
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Whitedov Linda,
I had the Callenetics book years ago and the leg exercises hurt my back, actually my sacro illiac(pelvis)--just the positions required, I guess. But, thanks. I can walk, and need to a lot more. It's just not the fast walk that really burns the fat, plus I have a major problem with overheating. I take a medication that makes me very hot--dangerously hot--so I have to be extra careful that way too.
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #735
Junior LCF Member
 
Amber2250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 2
Gallery: Amber2250
Thanks for the site..it's awesome!
Amber2250 is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
The DVD shows you alternative ways if you have back problems or knee problems etc. Does your book show these too? Even if you can't do all the exercises, it will benefit you to use muscles that walking alone can't provide.
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #737
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Gallery: Shakita
I'm so glad I found this place, I have managed to go from 215 LB to 180 on my own. No books, no especial diets just low carb and plenty of exercise. However I'm stuck now, all the info I have found here will help me reach my goal!! Thank you!!!
Shakita is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakita View Post
I'm so glad I found this place, I have managed to go from 215 LB to 180 on my own. No books, no especial diets just low carb and plenty of exercise. However I'm stuck now, all the info I have found here will help me reach my goal!! Thank you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS Shakita
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
The DVD shows you alternative ways if you have back problems or knee problems etc. Does your book show these too? Even if you can't do all the exercises, it will benefit you to use muscles that walking alone can't provide.
Actually, I don't have the book anymore. Maybe I should look into the DVD.
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiM View Post
Actually, I don't have the book anymore. Maybe I should look into the DVD.
[COLOR="Blue"]
You can buy it used on amazon cheap. It's called "Beinning Callanetics" by Callan Pickney. I bought the 10/10 one - the next step up from beginners as well but I won't be using it for quite some time.
[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #741
Junior LCF Member
 
ElfredaLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PDX
Posts: 15
Gallery: ElfredaLC
Stats: 208/200/150
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: 11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiM View Post
Hi ElfredaLC,

I'm curious about the studies showing Alzhheimer's possibly being a type of diabetes. I had heard a long time ago that a lower carb diet make help--and look at the horrible high starch garbage they serve in nursing homes--, but I'd love to read the info you found. Could you send me a link or web address? Thanks
Hi, Nicki - here's a couple links, looks like it's not brand new news, (it was to me!)

Alzheimer's Disease Could Be A Third Form Of Diabetes

Is Alzheimer's a Form of Diabetes? - TIME

and there're several articles around about the risk of Alzheimer's being much higher if you already have diabetes.

Scary stuff, isn't it?!
ElfredaLC is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member
 
NickiM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MO
Posts: 223
Gallery: NickiM
Stats: April 2003--230, got down to 150--April 2009 206
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 6,2009 ultimate goal is 130
Thank you ElFredaLC, that's very interesting info. Makes me so sad to think how many people will develop Alzheimers before the medical establishment will accept this, plus how they push drugs instead of dietary changes.
NickiM is offline  
Old 04-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #743
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Gallery: robinson raj
Hi

Hi,

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

robinson

How to Lose Weight
robinson raj is offline  
Old 04-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #744
Senior LCF Member
 
lyrical_dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan.
Posts: 50
Gallery: lyrical_dancer
Stats: 122
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 26th, 2009
Hello

I'm brand new on this. But, let me tell you guys a bit about myself:
I'm 12, turning 13 on June 6th.
My mom is 2big4britjez. [a.k.a. Val]
I'm doing low-carb, because it's the only healthy way to eat!
I need to lose my stomach before June 17th, my dance recital...
Otherwise, I'm pretty skinny. My thighs need some work though...
Also, I WANT to get away from the hydrogenated crap! All that sugar brought me down and packed on pounds!
I'm going to miss my pizza and ice cream, but sooner or later, I will be very happy I got away from it!
I do lyrical dancing, and what it is, is a mix of jazz and ballet, and you dance to the lyrics of beautiful music.
I can be very random sometimes.....
Okay, well any questions, just ask ;D

Anja
__________________
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]~Anja~[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]
In order to 'survive' on a low carb diet, you must be strong like a brillo pad![/COLOR]

Happy 13th Birthday To Me! [June 6th]
lyrical_dancer is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #745
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 23
Gallery: canaed
Hello all,

I am new here. I have been doing LC for the past 6 weeks. I have been doing Protein Power and for the past 6 weeks I have actually stayed on this WOE better than any I have been on in a long time. I am recording what I eat and staying in the range of carbs and proteins pretty good. I rarely ever go over the carb levels, sometimes I have trouble getting my protein high enough, so I have been doing protein shakes to get enough protein. I have only had one time in the past 6 weeks that I have truly slipped and had a piece of cake at a baby shower I was at.

The problem..... I have not lost any weight!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! I am playing yo-yo with the same 2 or 3 pounds. I don't want to give up on the LC WOE, but maybe I need to try another plan. But there are so many of them that I confused as to which one I should try. I am hoping that someone might help me with suggestions.

I have slipped into that 50+ age group and am struggling with my hormones (not to an overwhelming extent, just think I can feel better). I am seeing a Dr about that. But I am so committed right now to losing weigh that I really don't want to stop this WOE right now....

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
canaed is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #746
Junior LCF Member
 
rentawitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Essex in England
Posts: 24
Gallery: rentawitch
Stats: 195/174/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1st 2009
OK I am starting today. I tried once before a couple of years ago and did not stick but now I am single and don't have a man moaning at me about both being fat and dieting!

I am 57, have a sedentary job and currently weigh 13st. 13 lbs. NO cheating. no leaning to the left on the scale. That is the truth per my scales.
My figures therefore are 195/195/165 and I would like to achieve this by September 1st when I am heading for Phoenix and hoping to meet my LD boyfriend (been together since 28 January 2008 - the whole relationship has been conducted on-line. Thank the Gods and Goddesses for messenger, blackberry, skype, webcams and Second Life)

I have just had a bacon (no sugar i checked) omelette with a little butter for breakfast.
I have herbal tea as well.

Wish me luck everyone as I wish you all luck, health and willpower.

OHHH I meant to say the primary reason for the diet is because I have got so heavy (I am only 5feet 5inches, that I have been having backache, swollen legs and trouble with one heel. And I cannot afford to buy a new wardrobe!
rentawitch is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 02:39 AM   #747
Junior LCF Member
 
rentawitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Essex in England
Posts: 24
Gallery: rentawitch
Stats: 195/174/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1st 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Hi Linda - same name here

You have done great so far - so pat yourself on the back before you read on.

1) Give your body a change to adjust. It's re-organizing so to speak.

2) Do measure yourself. The measuring tape is your best friend - not your scale.

3) You gain muscle when you excercise (a good thing because it burns off more calories and fat) but know that muscle weighs more than fat.

4) Post a couple of days worth of menus so we can see if you need to adjust. Do ******.com to count your carbs, proteins, fats, calories.

5) The fact that you are in ketosis is a great thing. You WILL lose the lbs. Be patient and abide by the book.

thank you for the hint about fitplan. What a great resource. It has even told me that my planned target weight is still overweight so I have changed my target my numbers are now 195/195/150 but my target date is November 1st.
rentawitch is offline  
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 92
Gallery: sofl
Stats: 190/147/?
WOE: Low carb/kinda Atkins
Start Date: June 2007
Thank you LCF!!!!

I think it's time I join in on the fun. I've been LC for almost 2yrs now and could not have done it without LCF. The support I've read and the recipes (yum, yum, yum) have made all the difference. I LC'ed 8-10 years ago and didn't stick with it. With LCF it has become my WOE and I love it. I can't express my thanks enough. You guys and gals are the best!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
sofl is offline  
Old 05-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #749
Junior LCF Member
 
rentawitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Essex in England
Posts: 24
Gallery: rentawitch
Stats: 195/174/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1st 2009
I know it doesn't work like that but this morning I weighed myself and the scales quite clearly show 13st 8lbs. 5 lbs less than yesterday.
It could be water although i have been drinking up a storm but it is very encouraging.
Just off to make my bacon egg and mushroom brunch

Can anyone tell me how to upload an avatar - it keeps telling me the 'upload failed'
rentawitch is offline  
Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #750
Junior LCF Member
 
rentawitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Essex in England
Posts: 24
Gallery: rentawitch
Stats: 195/174/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1st 2009
the one i have here is an avatar from Second Life - I would like to put an honest one up
rentawitch is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.