Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #661
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbarbie23 View Post
hi
im kiyana and my goal is to lose @ least 80 pounds in 2009
Welcome to the Low Carb World. Good luck. You'll find alot of support on these boards!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #662
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snowflakes4me2
Stats: 197/197/135
WOE: low to moderate carbs
Start Date: February 22, 2009
Hi everyone. I have been on/off low carb since atkins came to be in 1972. You would think, as much as I know about it, and as often as I have been on low carb, I would be thin and healthy. Not so, however. I did try some other programs, but I think they "pointed" me in the wrong direction.

So, here I am, going the way I should have to begin with. Thanks for all the great posts. there is so much information on here. I really thought low carb was pretty much a taboo way of eating, but I see it has really regained popularity. That is such good news, since it works like magic.

Hope to be part of this site on a daily basis.

Sharon
Old 02-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakes4me2 View Post
Hi everyone. I have been on/off low carb since atkins came to be in 1972. You would think, as much as I know about it, and as often as I have been on low carb, I would be thin and healthy. Not so, however. I did try some other programs, but I think they "pointed" me in the wrong direction.

So, here I am, going the way I should have to begin with. Thanks for all the great posts. there is so much information on here. I really thought low carb was pretty much a taboo way of eating, but I see it has really regained popularity. That is such good news, since it works like magic.

Hope to be part of this site on a daily basis.

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Yes, alot of us have strayed, took different routes, saw no results and have been back, me included. Every diet but this one had me starving and not losing weight. As long as I feel good, I'm staying on it irregardless of what the stigma may be this being dangerous and it's not. More and more studies are saying that Dr. Atkins was right afterall and look at all the low carb diet books that have followed his. If you stick with it, it's healthy. If you go high protein, fat, low carbs for a couple of weeks, then, go jump off and eat carbs to the kazoo, that's when you gained more than before you started. It takes commitment and patience. Welcome to the journey!
Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Hi everyone...you're all so interesting and so encouraging...been trying to do this LC way of life...but but but i'm having such a hard time...been counting calories for most of my life i'm 52 years old.... started when i was about mid twenties...so for awhile..but now it just doesn't seem to help me anymore..i need a challenge and my only problem is i'm addicted to potato chips can't go without them ...sweets don't really care for them...put chips don't you dare take them away from me :blush:...it's crazy...but on my calories days...as long as i could eat my chips all day i was o.k....but i wasn't healthy either...developped colon cancer...no fiber no vegies no fruits no noting but chips...so now i've got to find a way to cut down or get them completely out of my eating program......or control portion...any suggestion ..not doing well with LC....

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-23-2009 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Mommy Gates

I think that alot of us have "addictive" personalities in one form or another - - your's is potato chips. Ok, I'll advise the obvious - get them out of the house!

How long have you done low carbing? How long have you been doing Atkins?
Atkins has a high success rate of eliminating cravings for carbs. Potatoes are carbs too. If you do the Atkins induction for 2 weeks strictly - see if you feel differently about those taters!

Low Carb friends are very supportive...we are from all walks of life but our journey is the same.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Welcome Mommy Gates

I think that alot of us have "addictive" personalities in one form or another - - your's is potato chips. Ok, I'll advise the obvious - get them out of the house!

How long have you done low carbing? How long have you been doing Atkins?
Atkins has a high success rate of eliminating cravings for carbs. Potatoes are carbs too. If you do the Atkins induction for 2 weeks strictly - see if you feel differently about those taters!

Low Carb friends are very supportive...we are from all walks of life but our journey is the same.
Hi Linda

I know the solution would be to get them out of the house(chips) but can't punish the husband he enjoys them too and i figure he deserved them at the end of a day....but mind you he keeps them in the rec room but during the day i'm all alone so the temptation is always there and not far enough ...again i guess i would need willpower, it seem all my life the weight issue always been such a big thing it's crazy it's taken so much of my time....i guess i'm just in a rut right now..and i will get out ,i always do.

I've started Atkins in January of this year...read the book,read the blogs and read some more i'm always reading ...i know it's the right way of eating...been diagnose with prediabetic at the end of last year..so i know things has to change cause there's no way i'm taken pills.... and like the doctor told me i have to cut down on the carbs .....i am doing better with blood count cause i did cut down on carbs but not much on my chips ...i know i'm a big cry baby...

I'm afraid to do the induction for 2 weeks...my husband is very supportive it's me ....i will at one time decide to go at it but for now i'm undecided ....i'm still reading about it..mind you i have about 20 pounds of loose...so that's why i figure well maybe i don't have to do the induction ???? all i have to do is cut down on the amount of carb i eat...

Thank you for your concern....i don't have any friends that beleives in LC they say it's all crap...so it's hard to get support but i know i will get by i always do...

have a good day

I'm sorry if i've babble on for so long...didn't mean too...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-23-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday 2/23/09 - Day 7 Induction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post

Hi Linda

I know the solution would be to get them out of the house(chips) but can't punish the husband he enjoys them too and i figure he deserved them at the end of a day[COLOR="Red"]...[COLOR="Red"]Mommy (what is your real name) ::: feel funny callilng you that - we just met!::: Do you know what my husband eats every single night for 25 yrs of our marriage? POTATO CHIPS !!! among other things like chocolate bars, bagels etc - every single night. And I swear that every time I start a diet - I can hear him smacking his lips from across the room. I have to go somewhere else. Drives me insane He is 6'1" and thin. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]I never had an addiction to potato chips but gosh darn it, when I want them, they'd better be the greasiest, saltiest ones I can buy. Sweets? not addicted but when it's my TOM - I would make some, eat one and give the rest away or freeze it. Thankfully, there are flours that are low carb and many great recipes (especially by LindaSue) that I don't feel deprived. Potatoes are a no-no and by the way, they are like sugar right in your bloodstream. Instead, I eat pork rinds. Another alternative would be to thinly slice zucchini, drizzle with olive oil salt and bake them crisp. Then, there are low carb recipes for crackers that you can add spices and put cream cheese on them. There's your salty/crunchy. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]My business partner/friend/boss has been diagnosed with pre-diabetes last year after his heart attack last Feb. He weighs 310 lbs and is 5'8". He needs to lose 150 lbs ideally but all he had to do was lose 20 lbs. doc said. I've been trying different diets on him all year but he found something wrong with each one of them. I left him to his own devices and he gained. Five years ago, he did Atkins for 3 mos. and lost 40 lbs. but quit. Sadly, I took him for his physical this past Friday and he is now DIABETIC and doc wants him to get a stomach band procedure. He is scared and won't do it. Today, he told me he'd rather do Atkins with me then to suffer thru the procedure and be sick for months afterwards. The doc said if he loses now - he can still reverse the diabetes. Time will tell whether he sticks to it.[/COLOR] [/COLOR]

it seem all my life the weight issue always been such a big thing it's crazy it's taken so much of my time....i guess i'm just in a rut right now..and i will get out ,i always do. [COLOR="red"] we are here to help each other.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I've started Atkins in January of this year...read the book,read the blogs and read some more i'm always reading ...i know it's the right way of eating...been diagnose with prediabetic at the end of last year..so i know things has to change cause there's no way i'm taken pills...

[COLOR="red"]My business partner got the pills on Friday but had to do research before he would try it. He had his 1st pill at lunch today. Doc said he'd lose about 6 lbs right off the bat.[/COLOR]

.... and like the doctor told me i have to cut down on the carbs .....i am doing better with blood count cause i did cut down on carbs but not much on my chips ...i know i'm a big cry baby...

I'm afraid to do the induction for 2 weeks...my husband is very supportive it's me ....i will at one time decide to go at it but for now i'm undecided ....i'm still reading about it..mind you i have about 20 pounds of loose...so that's why i figure well maybe i don't have to do the induction ????

[COLOR="red"]My advice would be to kick start your metabolism by doing the induction, especially since you are pre-diabetic.[/COLOR]
all i have to do is cut down on the amount of carb i eat...

Thank you for your concern....i don't have any friends that beleives in LC they say it's all crap..

[COLOR="red"]Me neither and that's the same people that persuaded me to quit 5 yrs ago. I'm not listening anymore - it's my body anyway. Besides there's more studies showing up all the time now that Dr. Atkins was and is right all along.
You don't even have to say you're on Atkins. Just say you gotta watch your carbs because you are pre-diabetic. If they still insist you eat their carby crap, then they don't have your best interests at heart.[/COLOR]
.so it's hard to get support but i know i will get by i always do...

have a good day

I'm sorry if i've babble on for so long...didn't mean too...
[B][COLOR="Red"]KEEP ON TALKING - we'll get through the hump![/COLOR][/B]
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #668
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Craigy Pooh
OK here's my story ., I was on LC eating last year to get my blood work back in order.ie;Sugar,Triglycerides,cholesterol,weight etc;,
my Dr. was TOTALLY against this diet.
Soooo, I went on it without telling him,4 months later ,when I went to see He said whatever your doing keep it up, sugar was perfect, Tri's were down Choles,was down and so was my weight 15 lbs.
Felt great!!!!!!!!!!!!, Then Grandchild was born ,Holidays came and went and lo and behold All I had accomplished was goneAlso been feeling lousy for awhile now.

Well the good news is now I'm back and I will never (i know never say never) but I will try never to go off The LC WOE because of my health and I want to stay around for my family.

Don't want to bend your ear so I'll go and I'll be talking to you in the near future.

CYL,
Craig
Old 02-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Craig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy Pooh View Post
OK here's my story ., I was on LC eating last year to get my blood work back in order.ie;Sugar,Triglycerides,cholesterol,weight etc;,
my Dr. was TOTALLY against this diet.
Soooo, I went on it without telling him,4 months later ,when I went to see He said whatever your doing keep it up, sugar was perfect, Tri's were down Choles,was down and so was my weight 15 lbs.
Felt great!!!!!!!!!!!!, Then Grandchild was born ,Holidays came and went and lo and behold All I had accomplished was goneAlso been feeling lousy for awhile now.

Well the good news is now I'm back and I will never (i know never say never) but I will try never to go off The LC WOE because of my health and I want to stay around for my family.

Don't want to bend your ear so I'll go and I'll be talking to you in the near future.

CYL,
Craig
[COLOR="Blue"]
Thanks for your story because if you read my last post, I have my hands full with my co-worker. I will share your story because it will be inspirational for him to hear this. His doc told him "Look, you've tried diets and they haven't worked, right? This is the only solution - operate".

I cook our lunches and provide some of his dinners if there are leftovers. I feel kinda responsible for getting him on track. I did tell him to do what the doctor says and get the procedure. I do not have a medical degree and I'm not Jesus, ya know? [/COLOR]
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #670
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jlujin
Stats: size 24/14/10
WOE: LC
Start Date: June 2008
Just wanted to say 'Hi!' and introduce myself. Really excited to find this group - seems to be just the extra motivation I was looking for! I started doing the LC thing this summer and dropped 70lbs by the holidays. Thankfully I managed to maintain thru the holiday season but really seamed to get off track in the last month. I started induction again last week and think Ive finally made it back to ketosis (got that metallic taste back in my mouth again, yay!). Im starting out at a size 16 this go around and my current goal is to get down to a size 12 for summer.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

doing a lot better

Hi Linda

My name is Gaetane (Gaets)..it's a french name in case your wondering or never heard of it...

Thank you so much for your kind words ...you really help me through this rough time...and with that story about your boss/partner/friend it's enough to get me thinking that if we don't take charge of own life nobody else will do it for us.... including the doctors..nobody know our body better than ourself...and to have to go through an operation no thank you,been there done that.. because of my stupid way of eating .. a couple of foot of my intestin were taken out cause of my poor eating habits(colon cancer) ...again it's crazy...i was eating to much junk food..didn't know vegetable exited ..i knew but didn't care for them..it's a very big adjustment but i'm starting to like it more every day...

Again [COLOR="Red"]THANK YOU SO MUCH[/COLOR] for taken the time to answer me and to encourage me,i'm going to do the induction for a couple of weeks and we'll see from there..
i started today...i'll be thinking of your friend and hope that things works out for him/her.

But you know the best news you could of given me ....there's no carbs in [COLOR="Red"]PORK RINDS[/COLOR]AND I LOVE THEM....there my switch from chips to rinds...it's perfect...again thank you so much

Keep up the good job

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-24-2009 at 10:24 AM..
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #672
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yeokum
Stats: 166/159/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2009
Quote:
Yeokum!

How are you making out?
Hi Linda!

Went to ****** and put my menus in and was only getting in between 500 to 600 calories daily Have upped my calories and fat intake and am averaging 1000 to 1800 Little more butter and heavy cream go a long way! I guess I had my body in starvation mode. (not intentionally!) Have dropped 2 more pounds eating more and am finally getting the burst of energy everyone else was talking about! Thanks so much for your help..

Gail
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jlujin - HI

Hi and welcome !

Fantastic weight loss, 70 lbs in 6 months! Sounds like you will meet your Size 12 by summer if you stay on track w/Atkins, hands down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlujin View Post
Just wanted to say 'Hi!' and introduce myself. Really excited to find this group - seems to be just the extra motivation I was looking for! I started doing the LC thing this summer and dropped 70lbs by the holidays. Thankfully I managed to maintain thru the holiday season but really seamed to get off track in the last month. I started induction again last week and think Ive finally made it back to ketosis (got that metallic taste back in my mouth again, yay!). Im starting out at a size 16 this go around and my current goal is to get down to a size 12 for summer.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gaets,
You are so welcomed and I'm glad to be of help.

Are you still living in France? I would love to visit. The pastries in the windows would even make me (a controlled sweet eater) go bonkers!

By the way, you can smash up the pork rinds and use it as breading for your meats.

Check out the recipe boards on this site. You'll be able to find a low carb danish recipe to make - not recommened for Induction; but down the road.

Keep writing and let me know your progress and if you have any questions. If I can't answer them, there are people on these boards that have a lot more experence than I.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YEOKUM!

Hi! Glad you have upped your calories and at the same time make your food tastier and lost weight. What more could one want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeokum View Post
Hi Linda!

Went to ****** and put my menus in and was only getting in between 500 to 600 calories daily Have upped my calories and fat intake and am averaging 1000 to 1800 Little more butter and heavy cream go a long way! I guess I had my body in starvation mode. (not intentionally!) Have dropped 2 more pounds eating more and am finally getting the burst of energy everyone else was talking about! Thanks so much for your help..

Gail
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Gaets,
You are so welcomed and I'm glad to be of help.

Are you still living in France? I would love to visit. The pastries in the windows would even make me (a controlled sweet eater) go bonkers!

By the way, you can smash up the pork rinds and use it as breading for your meats.

Check out the recipe boards on this site. You'll be able to find a low carb danish recipe to make - not recommened for Induction; but down the road.

Keep writing and let me know your progress and if you have any questions. If I can't answer them, there are people on these boards that have a lot more experence than I.

Linda...No i'm not from France... lived in Canada all my life...no pastries please got enough problems as it is....

[COLOR="Red"]PORK RINDS WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT..LOL[/COLOR]

Again Thank you !!!!....how are you doing with your LC journey ???

Have a nice day!!!!

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-25-2009 at 07:01 AM..
Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #677
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda...No i'm not from France... lived in Canada all my life...no pastries please got enough problems as it is....

[COLOR="Red"]PORK RINDS WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT..LOL[/COLOR]

Again Thank you !!!!....how are you doing with your LC journey ???

Have a nice day!!!!
Gaets,
I'm plugging along. Started induction this past Monday a week ago 2/16. losing inches more than lbs. Got my TOM yesterday - typically gain 3-5 lbs but holding steady. My late night eating thru this WOE has really curbed - which was really a problem with other ways of eating (woe). When I evaluate other diets in the food category of what it is allowed, I like Atkins food the best. I am more of a "savory" eater than anything else. I also have noticed throughout my life that carbs, especially breads, refined or whole grains, makes me bloat with water retention. In only 2-3 days, I could feel the water weight go down dramatically. I feel my muscles getting stronger with the red meats I eat. I am not weak and hungry and want to move around more. Not to mention, my mind is sharper.

A couple of years ago, my HDL cholesteral got lower than my LDL. I weighed about 140 lbs and considered thin. This was a 1st for me because usually my HDL was higher than LDL. My doctor said go low fat/high carbs. Did that and was so weak and hungry, I wanted to sleep all the time so I wouldn't be hungry. Not to mention depressed. My cholesteral went down a few points but I still had to be put on statin drugs to lower my cholesteral. That helped - cholesteral was 260, now 130 - even though I went back to red meat! My doctor noted that I was Blood Type O and said he was too and that we need protein! He went low carb and now he's thin! Well, if it's good for the goose, it's good enough for the gander! Here I am - back on Atkins/low carb I hope for good!

As a side note, I had gestation diabetes and was put on a diabetes diet which I lost so much weight the doctor yelled at me for losing too much weight. I ate like a pig - following the diet to the letter. It was low carb.
Since I had gestation diabetes, I have a 38% chance more of getting diabetes II later on in life. That's why I watch my weight.

How are you doing thus far?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #678
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: whoop
Stats: 216/196/145
WOE: Low Carbing
Start Date: January 2009
Great Site!

Love the site, I hope to follow it often. As a couple Bill and I started this Journey 1/3/09. He has lost over 30# and I right at 20#.

What began as support for him is now diligence for me. Bill is on two blood pressure meds, fluid pill and an anti-diabetic pill. His goal is to get rid of his medicine. This is attainable and he has been coached by his pcp. My goal is to keep him as long as I am blessed to do so.

I look forward to following you and having you assist me by being supportive and holding me accountable!

Whoop
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilW
Stats: 175/117/120 GOAL!!!! 5'4 36 yrs. old
WOE: Atkin's
Start Date: Oct. 2007
I'm a newbie sort of. I used to come here all the time about 5 years ago and post but I fell off the low carb wagon. I have been back on it a little over a year and have lost 44 pounds so far. I tend to lurk, I just love reading all of your posts. You give me inspiration and you don't even know it.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #680
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lulu2009
Stats: 192/192/140ish
WOE: Atkins....again
Start Date: 9/27/09
I am with you guys!! I have been reading and getting info on this site for about a week... what a great place! I have finally decided to join and get back on the atkins WOE. I have had great sucess before so here goes nothin! I started induction on 2/23 so im on my 3rd day and feeling a little crappy but not awful. I have 30 lbs to lose and Im really excited to get started. So far Ive seen the scale move down about 2lbs..... so keep me motivated!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu2009 View Post
I am with you guys!! I have been reading and getting info on this site for about a week... what a great place! I have finally decided to join and get back on the atkins WOE. I have had great sucess before so here goes nothin! I started induction on 2/23 so im on my 3rd day and feeling a little crappy but not awful. I have 30 lbs to lose and Im really excited to get started. So far Ive seen the scale move down about 2lbs..... so keep me motivated!!!

Go LuLu...you can do it ...me i've never done the LC i've always been a calorie counter kind of person for 20 years of my life...so now i'm trying to go that route (LC) and i'm having a hard time..i will eventually go to it :blush:...i know everybody is having such good results...that it is a no brainer it's the way to go...You've tried it in the past with good results so that should encourage you..and you know your not waisting your time ...

I've done some changes in my eating habits...so i'm going at it a little bit at a time ..with time and patience we will do it

Keep it up ...hey 2lbs already that's not too bad...good start

Gaetane
Old 02-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Newbies!

Big Welcome to:

lulu2009: Get thru your day and look forward to feeling great soon.. ..one day at a time. My 3rd day on Induction was hard too. I felt weak and craved big time. It's the body and mind revolting against change. That too will pass.

AprilW: Yeah, me too, 5 yrs ago I was on Atkins and then tried others but now I'm back. Feel like it's full circle now.

Whoop: Congrats on both of your weight loss! My boss just started this diet because he was put on anti-diabetic pills last Friday and he has to lose weight, get a stomach band or risk his life. He's 305 (lost 5lbs yesterday - day 1 of Induction) 5' 8" and 58 yrs old with a heart attack under his belt last February. It is great that you and hubby can do this together.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lulu2009
Stats: 192/192/140ish
WOE: Atkins....again
Start Date: 9/27/09
Thank you everyone!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MOMMY GATES!

[COLOR="Blue"]Hey Gaetane,

Thought of you last night....

Had Brie cheese that I dipped with Pork Rinds.

What have you changed so far in your eating?

It's not a bad idea to wean yourself slowly on a new diet; however, it is a little risky in eating high protein, high fat and high carbs at the same time. :::blowing cheeks out:::: Weight will increase. [/COLOR]
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]Hey Gaetane,

Thought of you last night....

Had Brie cheese that I dipped with Pork Rinds.

What have you changed so far in your eating?

It's not a bad idea to wean yourself slowly on a new diet; however, it is a little risky in eating high protein, high fat and high carbs at the same time. :::blowing cheeks out:::: Weight will increase. [/COLOR]
Hi Linda...

Oh!!!!.. that sounds so good that Brie cheese with Pork Rinds ...haven't had the chance to go out yet...it's been snowing all week.....so i'm finshing my chips that i've got at home...i know i'm bad don't get mad..from there only pork rinds for me...

But what i've done in changes.... lowering my carb portions of the day and i did loose 3 lbs up to now...and i know with time i will have to cut down even more...but i took inventory of the carbs i was eating before and was consuming close to 150 to 175 a day....wow unbeleivable :blush:....so now i try to keep it between 80 to 100...and then i'll lower it again more...and from there probably do the induction....tried the induction for one day...major headache and i didn't feel well...so went back to my old ways...

I"m eating more proteins and fat in my day....so it's a lot of adjustment...but i'm getting there....

I know with good people like you, i'll will accomplish my LC way of eating .... and another thing i forgot to mention i exercise between 1 to 2 hours everyday...just to try to be ahead of the game...

Later ...take care

Gaetane

Last edited by mommy_gates; 02-27-2009 at 07:34 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gaetane

Quote:
Hi Linda...

Oh!!!!.. that sounds so good that Brie cheese with Pork Rinds ...haven't had the chance to go out yet...it's been snowing all week.....so i'm finshing my chips that i've got at home...i know i'm bad don't get mad..from there only pork rinds for me...

But what i've done in changes.... lowering my carb portions of the day and i did loose 3 lbs up to now...and i know with time i will have to cut down even more...but i took inventory of the carbs i was eating before and was consuming close to 150 to 175 a day....wow unbeleivable :blush:....so now i try to keep it between 80 to 100...and then i'll lower it again more...and from there probably do the induction....tried the induction for one day...major headache and i didn't feel well...so went back to my old ways...

I"m eating more proteins and fat in my day....so it's a lot of adjustment...but i'm getting there....

I know with good people like you, i'll will accomplish my LC way of eating .... and another thing i forgot to mention i exercise between 1 to 2 hours everyday...just to try to be ahead of the game...

Later ...take care

Gaetane
That is wonderful that you excercise 1-2 hrs a day. That is my weakness. My daughter is coming home from college this weekend and show me the excercise routine she laid out for me. I was born with a slight spina bifida so my lower back is always stiff and achy plus my left knee has been weak and arthritic feeling (not swollen). So, basically, I am excercise-challenged and if you feel pain - it's hard to "wanna" excercise. Will work on that. Your lost of 3 lbs is great too. Good job!

I could never be mad at you! We all have our vices, fears and challenges and never could we be perfect human beings. We just do our best and try to get some inspiration and hope from others so we can stay motivated and that's what this low carb board is all about.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is wonderful that you excercise 1-2 hrs a day. That is my weakness. My daughter is coming home from college this weekend and show me the excercise routine she laid out for me. I was born with a slight spina bifida so my lower back is always stiff and achy plus my left knee has been weak and arthritic feeling (not swollen). So, basically, I am excercise-challenged and if you feel pain - it's hard to "wanna" excercise. Will work on that. Your lost of 3 lbs is great too. Good job!

I could never be mad at you! We all have our vices, fears and challenges and never could we be perfect human beings. We just do our best and try to get some inspiration and hope from others so we can stay motivated and that's what this low carb board is all about.
Linda ...You're such an inspirational person...you are so very special ...with all this challenges you still find the time and the wisdom to help others....

I hope the exercise program that your daughter has lined up for you will be of some help to get you back to a pain free state cause like you say it's not very encouraging to live with pain...and try to exercise on top of that...

You are my motivation...to keep on going...thank you so much

gaetane
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mommy Gates

aw, shucks, thank you
Old 03-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
aw, shucks, thank you

You're very much welcome ...I finally got my pork rinds...and i've got no more chips...my hubby.....i told him take your chips and hide them...and no matter what , DO NOT give me any no matter what...we'll see how it's going to go...i feel so much better already knowing i've got a plan going...

Have a nice day!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #690
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaki8233
Hi

I just wanted to say hi. I have been lurking around for quite a while. I have been doing Atkins off and on since 2001. This time I feel it is going to be different. I will lose this weight!

I guess I will tell everyone alittle about me. I'm married, and have 3 kids that I homeschool. I have always been a little chubby when I was younger. Before I had kids my lowest weight was 125. After each baby I held on to more and more weight. Then it just went up and up. What can I say. I like to eat. I would diet and exerise and go down some then cheat. Now I know I can't do that. This is something I'm going to have to stick to for life.That's why Atkins is the best fit for me. If I feel hungry I can eat.

Well I look forward to posting more and getting to know everyone. Even though I know a lot of you. You just don't know me. Which sounds creepy. I promise I'm not!
Jackie

Last edited by Jaki8233; 03-03-2009 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: I can't get my picture to show up