Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jacky_ks
WOE: Low carb low cal
Excellent info...good job!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #572
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 245
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 01 2008
Hello everyone new here!!

Im Erica and started this WOE on monday and I feel great!!! I am excited becasue I do have a lot of energy now and looking forward to finishing my entire workouts now!!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #573
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TraciRNump
Stats: 197/197/150
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 5, 2009
Just wanted to say hello! I have just started back on the Atkins diet...again for the last last time! I lost 50 lbs in 3 months ten years ago. That was back when they looked at you with two heads for ordering the LC way! There were NO products to buy to help either. But I never felt better than I did while eating LC. I used the diet for years after when I started to gain. I have, for the last couple years been doing other diets, but I'm up to the highest I've been since that initial loss. I'm motivated and happy to have found this site to meet others and find yummy recipes. My bf and son are doing the diet as well! My son was the reason for me doing it the first time...it was right after he was born!
Cheers.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #574
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: surfgal
Treadmill Desks

Has anyone had an experience using a treadmill desk? They let you walk all day while you are working and I wanted to hear about the success some of you are having using them.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatbrat
Stats: 213/184/155
WOE: ATKINS!!
Start Date: 12/15/2008
Hi y'all. I'm Leah. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I'm starting back on the LC WOE tomorrow. I weighed 269 at my heaviest in 2004, gradually lost down to 175, then quickly got down to 155 only to find out I had cancer.

I had successful surgery but could not exercise for a while and started rewarding myself with food. I also was crazy busy with going to college fulltime, working part time and being a single parent. I started really packing the weight back on in June, by October I was exhausted and feeling awful, brain fog and disoriented. I was testing my blood sugar and it was checking out normal. (My meter was not functioning properly). I am now a HUGE 213 lbs and getting close to needing insulin if I don't get this back under control quickly.

I hate that I'm in this shape again when just a year ago I was close to being off all my meds. Now I have additional meds to take.

So I'm looking for support and suggestions as I seem to be surrounded by people who can't relate to my issues.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedCrafty
Stats: 228/205/175
Start Date: restart 1 May 2009
Atkins...my long lost WOE

Back again! Not only to Atkins, but to LCF as well! I do so much better with you guys and gals as my support group!

OK, here's the quick n dirty~
AGE~ 38 (39 on Jan 2nd)
HEIGHT~ 5 feet, 4 inches
CURRENT WEIGHT~ 225 pounds
CURRENT SIZE~ 18 pants, 20-22 tops…I have bodacious ta-tas…38G…would be nice to be a DD!
TARGET WEIGHT~ 175 pounds

Goal is to lose 50 smackers by the time Rambo comes home from deployment. Goal is by end of May; even though he is not slotted to be back until July/August 09.
~Weight Loss Blog~
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #577
Junior LCF Member

Start Date: November 2006
Hello everyone,

I am Jennifer newbie here just started this WOE and I feel great!
I am so excited to see results...

Old 12-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCrafty View Post
CURRENT WEIGHT~ 225 pounds
CURRENT SIZE~ 18 pants, 20-22 tops…I have bodacious ta-tas…38G…would be nice to be a DD!
TARGET WEIGHT~ 175 pounds
LMAO I understand about the ta-tas that was the best part of being thin last year, was my boobies actually fit into a 38-D bra and my thighs no longer rubbed together!

The worst part about being big again is I threw away the hugemongous boulder holders and I've been to broke to go buy many 'cafeteria lady' heavy duty bras. I refuse to invest, I'm going to loose this weight!

We are about the same size right now, so we'll have to stick together and get smaller....maybe start a Bodacious babes thread!

Last edited by Fatbrat; 12-18-2008 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: because I wrote boobie like I had a uniboob...uh wait I do right now.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbrat View Post
LMAO I understand about the ta-tas that was the best part of being thin last year, was my boobies actually fit into a 38-D bra and my thighs no longer rubbed together!

We are about the same size right now, so we'll have to stick together and get smaller....maybe start a Bodacious babes thread!
Oh, do I hear ya on that one! The thighs rubbing together... I call it rolling thunder... and where there's thunder there's lightning... aka the inner thigh burn.

A Bodacious Babes thread might be a good one! I enjoy having people around the same stats to lose with!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Start Date: July 2008
I'm Jay Johnson, radio guy. Currently residing in Meade, KS and can be heard daily on kjil991.com from Noon-3pm Central. I've been involved in Christian radio since 1984. My nickname is moonius maximus.

I've struggled with weight all my life and have ballooned all the way up to 380 pounds several years ago. I joined Weight Watchers back in 2002 and subsequently lost 100 pounds. At that point I was able to come off my High Blood pressure and Diabetes medicines. Unfortunately I gradually went back to my old way of eating and put all of the weight back on.

In July 2008 I started on Atkins. I borrowed Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution from a co-worker and read it voraciously. Then through my research I found Dr. Richard Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, I bought it and quickly read though it. My initial weigh loss was rapid, but then things began to really slow down. I tried many things to tweak my WOE, like the Fat Fast, Intermittent Fasting, increasing fat, limiting protein and eventually eliminating artificial sweeteners.

I have learned what my body needs for optimum health and also what it does not need. The biggest and most important lesson was learned when I eliminated artificial sweeteners in October. Since I challenged myself to live sweet free, I have lost 20 more pounds for a total of 51 pounds. My blood glucose readings and other lipids are now normal. I don't have all the aches and pains and health problems that I had before eating low carb.

moonius

The moonius files

Poetry in Motion

Perseverance + patience = progress
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DEEDLYNN
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonius View Post
I'm Jay Johnson, radio guy. Currently residing in Meade, KS and can be heard daily on kjil991.com from Noon-3pm Central. I've been involved in Christian radio since 1984. My nickname is moonius maximus.

I've struggled with weight all my life and have ballooned all the way up to 380 pounds several years ago. I joined Weight Watchers back in 2002 and subsequently lost 100 pounds. At that point I was able to come off my High Blood pressure and Diabetes medicines. Unfortunately I gradually went back to my old way of eating and put all of the weight back on.

In July 2008 I started on Atkins. I borrowed Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution from a co-worker and read it voraciously. Then through my research I found Dr. Richard Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, I bought it and quickly read though it. My initial weigh loss was rapid, but then things began to really slow down. I tried many things to tweak my WOE, like the Fat Fast, Intermittent Fasting, increasing fat, limiting protein and eventually eliminating artificial sweeteners.

I have learned what my body needs for optimum health and also what it does not need. The biggest and most important lesson was learned when I eliminated artificial sweeteners in October. Since I challenged myself to live sweet free, I have lost 20 more pounds for a total of 51 pounds. My blood glucose readings and other lipids are now normal. I don't have all the aches and pains and health problems that I had before eating low carb.

Hi Moonius!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #582
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: infernooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheri View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to make everyone aware of the new webpage I made that is completely for newbies but also has tons of items for the most seasoned of lowcarbers!! It has the rules for induction... an acceptable food list... a carb/nutritional counter... a weight/BMI/calorie calculator... Hidden carb information... Exercise info... Frequently asked questions... Advice from experienced Low carbers and several other things. I hope that you will find it useful...I have gotten lots of feedback on how much the people like this page. Let me know if you like it or even if there is something you think needs to be included. Thanks!!

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynn82000/Newbiepage.html

cheri
Very nice work - I really appreciate people who contribute so readily to the community!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCrafty View Post
Oh, do I hear ya on that one! The thighs rubbing together... I call it rolling thunder... and where there's thunder there's lightning... aka the inner thigh burn.

A Bodacious Babes thread might be a good one! I enjoy having people around the same stats to lose with!
LMAO!!! I think I will better go start a Bodacious Babes Thread in the challenges section!! Meet me there 'k?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cookie57
Stats: (2003 229/195) 2013 216/210/175
WOE: Cheat to lose
Start Date: 8-1-2013
Hello
Just lurking as hubby and I both need to lose weight. I lost 50 lbs on Atkins about 5 years ago and have gained about 30 back + I never got down to desired weight.
We both need to lose about 50 lbs as a starter.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #585
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moreluvr
Start Date: Haven't started yet
Have lurked for months and have gotten alot of info!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #586
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: squirrel88
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonius View Post

Hi moonius!
I'm new here also and I live just up the road from you in the Des Moines area.
I also began Atkins in July of this year. Lost about 8 so far, but I feel great!
Nice to have a "radio guy" here! Love my blues and soul!

P.S. Since you're a "radio guy", I'll bet you know who that is in my avatar.......................

Last edited by squirrel88; 12-20-2008 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: additional info.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #587
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JMMC
Hi guys

Happy Christmas Eve!

I'm looking for a big health kick as of the 26th, so come to say hello and have a look around. Seems like there's lots of knowledgeable people on here, so I'll be reading closely!

Have a good holidays

JC
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonius
Stats: 380/308/200
WOE: low carb
Hi Dee! I've been missing you at the other forum!

Hi Squirrel, I'm in SW Kansas...quite a few miles away.
I can't make out the pic. Maybe if he was looking forward...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #589
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: richandfamous
Stats: 252/164/140
WOE: chic breast/green stuff/fiber suppliment
Start Date: April 21 2008
Howdy! I'm new here but wish I had found this place sooner. I started on a low cal, low fat, low carb diet on April 21, 2008. (about 700 to 900 calories a day). I have lost 80 pounds so far. My motivation was my daughter. She joined the Marine Corp and went off to boot camp on April 21, 2008. I figured if she could endure all the struggles and hardships it took to become a United States Marine, I could certainly endure a few small discomforts to lose the weight! I promised her if she could succeed, so could I. It worked! She did and I did. OMG, I feel so much different now. I have 32 pounds to achieve my goal.

Last edited by richandfamous; 12-30-2008 at 08:50 AM..
Old 12-30-2008, 09:12 AM   #590
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lconlyway
Stats: 325/270/160 (?)
WOE: LC-enough to hold down BG
This is an excellent board, and it would be good for me to stay around for a long time. I've been on another board which is also excellent. The problem for me is that many people there are going to no carb or practically no carb, and that's not for me at this time. It's so nice to see guides and help with eating vegetables. As my mother got older, she quit liking meat. I couldn't understand that. Now, that I'm a senior citizen, I'm finding that I have to force myself to eat meat. I cannot tell you how helpful it is to see that there are LC-ers who are eating fruits and vegetables. I eat 1-2 lemons a day with very little salt (quite an advancement for me).
Old 12-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #591
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dietdemon

Hi Cheri I'm from England and a newbie to the website and this way of dieting. I have tried unsuccessfully to lose wieght other ways and thought I would try the low carb way but I'm hoping for support from this site. Your information is so useful. Thank you. Here's hoping to a fantastic new year for all at low carb friends.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbrat View Post
LMAO!!! I think I will better go start a Bodacious Babes Thread in the challenges section!! Meet me there 'k?
okie dokie! Finally back from holly day vacation at in laws, and back to my internet!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #593
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 99Sporty
Stats: 289/277.5/160
Start Date: 1/2/09
Wow this site is almost overwhelming - lots and lots of info to absorb. I've done low carb a few times and done well on it. Had a rough year in '08 with some health issues, nothing super major but enough to really knock me off track. So I am ready to really do it right in 2009. I did read the Atkins book about 5 years ago, but the info on the newbie site will be great to remind me. Thank you!

Amy
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #594
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 99Sporty
Stats: 289/277.5/160
Start Date: 1/2/09
Oh yeah, I'm also quite bodacious so I'll be going to look for that other thread
Old 01-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Seems to be a lot of us Bodacious ones
Old 01-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #596
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RubyRoo
Hi, my name's Amy. I weight 244 lbs, I'm 5'1", and I'm following the Insulin Resistance diet with by using mostly South Beach recipes. I currently workout for only 20 minutes every other day. I'm also trying to get my general activity up by increasing my steps per the Step Diet.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #597
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hello everyone!! I hope everyone is ready for the new year! This is a fantastic place for support and I am sure everyone will do well. I posted an update on my weightloss journey here if anyone wants to take a look.. I do need to add some new photos since I have lost weight since I took the after photos.. I will add new ones soon! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...s-photo-s.html

If you have any questions or help feel free to PM me or email me.. the addy is on the newbie site!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #598
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sureskip
Stats: (170/159/135)
Start Date: Jan 5 2009
Thanks,
This answered a lot of my questions.

Liz
Old 01-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #599
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsMidd
Stats: 188/183/135
Start Date: December 4, 2010
One mo' gin!

Hi All!

I lost 40 pounds using Atkins two years ago. I stopped doing what I knew was right and allowed my addiction to sugar to overcome. As a result, I gained 30 pounds back!

However, I am leaving it behind in 2009! I began my lc lifestlye again on January 1st, and I am already down 6 pounds! I need all of the encouragement I can get.

The hubby is WONDERFUL, but he is like 0% bodyfat. I need other motivation!

Smooches,
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

0% body fat? I have a mom like that...it ain't natural kwim!