Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 11:22 AM   #31

Gallery:
Hi Cheri, I went to your website last night and was there for at least a couple of hours. Love it, love it, love it. Thank you so much for helping us out. My husband came in to take a look at what I was up to because he thought I was buying it up on eBay!

I posted something on a wrong thread here on the BBs and am so happy to see there is a Newbie thread going now and nice to get to meet other newbies. I started last Monday, day 6 for me. I am deep in ketosis (I love the color purple), but am discouraged because I am not losing any weight. I have not lost 1 darn pound and can't understand why. I am exercising daily and logging everythingi that I eat and my carbs are between 15 to 20 per day. My pants are fitting loser though so I know all is not lost.

If you are like me, I know nothing about the lingo and acronyms but learned something today. WOE means Way Of Eating.

My goal is to lose 25 lbs. So...here we go!!!!!!
Laura

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 AM   #32
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Christy Jo
Stats: 150/117/130 (Avatar pic is 125 lbs) size 4.
WOE: Lean For Life/Atkins 72
Start Date: Nov/3/2003
Thank You!!!!!

It's sooooooooooooooooo nice to have all the newbie info in one spot. I can easily refer to your site for any questions I may have. Whatta Godsend while I'm feeling kind of yucky with a 2 lb wt. loss after 7 days.

Christy Jo
Quote:
Ban Fluffy Butts
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #33

Gallery: fluffybear2
Hi Cheri,

Thanks so much for making the Newbie webpage. I am new to lo carbing and Low Carb Friends.com. I haven't actually started to go low carb yet. I will begin this next Sunday (because I have to go to the grocery story on Saturday to get the foods I need). I am spending this week saying good-bye to all the high carb foods in my pantry, (sob sob) but I know I must do this in order to change my eating style and lose weight. I now weigh 250 libs. and hope to lose 100 lbs.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:38 AM   #34
Thyroid Patient Advocate

Gallery: nonstickpam107
Bumping this up for Jamy.

Pam
Old 11-14-2003, 06:20 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiRedkitty
Stats: 247/165/150, or so
WOE: Atkins with a twist
Start Date: August 21, 2003
What is "BUMP"?

New to this site and wanted to know what "Bump" means. Can anyone tell me?
Old 11-14-2003, 02:21 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 195/195/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 9, 2006
Thank you for this site! I used it to find the sample induction menus here and have found some great things to eat! I'm on day 7 since starting induction and have lost three pounds!

Bonny
Old 11-15-2003, 01:07 PM   #37
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Re: What is "BUMP"?

Quote:
Originally posted by MiRedkitty
New to this site and wanted to know what "Bump" means. Can anyone tell me?
Bump means to post on a thread to make it go to the top of the page... this thread Tom or Dottie made into a sticky after several requests so it would be stuck to the top so it will be much easier to find.

Glad everyone likes the newbie site!!!! If anyone has anything they feel would be a good addition to it feel free to PM me and let me know!! I am always wanting to make improvements!

Thanks!!!

cheri
Old 11-17-2003, 07:11 PM   #38
weezerchic78

Gallery: weezerchic78
thanks for website

hey thanks u for ur website the Brita thing let me know how much water i should drink i also found out that i lost my appetite probably cause i am dehydrated i actually had about 3 signs of dehydration

Old 11-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kristina
Stats: Pant size 22W Petite
Start Date: July 17, 2014
I just started a couple days ago, and will be reading this! Thanks for posting it. I'm so grateful to have this board...it will be helpful to have the support of others who are doing this (I've done Atkins in the past, and am starting over after realizing the low-calorie just wasn't working...
Old 11-19-2003, 02:46 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: andrew76040
Stats: 360/309/200
Start Date: November 2003
This is great! Thanks for the page...
Old 11-27-2003, 07:55 AM   #41

Gallery: winnie54
Stats: 200/180/155
Start Date: August 2003
Hi cheri..really great site..I put it in my favorite!..is that really, really, your before & after pix?...I'm gettin down on the floor.. soon as I'm outa here!!...I've got some ab work to do!!...
Old 12-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nena1717
Stats: 8/03: 178/140/140 after baby 12/04-214lb,183,187
WOE: Low-carb and excercise
Start Date: August 2003, again June 2006, again 5/26/08
Hi all!
I lost 30 pounds now. I started low carbing in August 2003. How did I lose it all so fast....maybe it was the gym workouts 5x a week. lol
Don't forget to workout. It makes the weightloss much quicker. It gets all that stretched out skin toned up too.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KLO1
I like the idea of links opening in a new window also. Sometimes it's a lot of work to get back to your original page!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:56 PM   #44
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by KLO1
I like the idea of links opening in a new window also. Sometimes it's a lot of work to get back to your original page!
I am going to revamp the newbie page right after the first and will make sure I find out how to do that.... not real sure... or if I can figure it out before (if someone knows PM me!!) I will do it sooner!!!

Thanks for your opinion!!!

cheri
Old 12-09-2003, 04:58 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bubs
Stats: start 174 now 155
WOE: Low fat
Start Date: Feb 8th 2004
Hi Cheri
I tried your newbie page but had no scroll bars I guess I need to use opera rather than moz.
I have only just joined the list and started Atkins on 10th November.
I lost 6lbs the first week put 2lbs back on the following week and have stuck ever since. I have lost an inch on my thighs and hips and have now cut out the salad and veg to see if that helps. My strip thing has now changed from boring biege to the first pale pink so I am hoping that this will do something.

Bubs
Old 12-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #46

Gallery:
staring akins tomorrow any advice

I have decided to give Atkins a try and am starting tomorrow morning. I need to lose about 10lbs to make it to my goal weight and I figure that this will be the boost that I need to do it. I know it won't be easy but I have to try and see if I can do it. Any advice on how to make it easier would be greatfull. I have been on weight watchers off an on since March of this year and have lost a total of 30lbs. I went off of weight watchers at the end of Sept and gained 5lbs of my weight back.
I figured that I didn't want to gian anymore so on Dec 15 I went back on the program. As well as doing a little bit of Atkins along with it. I relost those 5lbs in no time. But then Christmas came and I decided that I would enjoy it instead of worry about counting my points, mind you I did write everything down that I put into my mouth. I think because of that it helped me.
I weighed my self this morning and was happy to find that I only gained back 2 of the 5lbs that I lost. So tonight while checking out info about Atkins and post on other boards that I belong to I decided that I would fully try atkins. And that is what I am going to do. I hope. The best that I can do is try and the wroste that I can do is not.

So any help for a newbie to Atkins would be greatfull.
thanks in advanced and sorry for the long post.
Angie

Old 12-27-2003, 09:06 AM   #47
Administrator

Hello!!!

I hope everyone is doing well on their programs... Just remember to keep lowcarb snacks readily available... that way.. there is less temptation to eat off your chosen plans. On the newbie site there is a grocery shopping list.... take a good look at this as it has tons of foods that will be quick to grab... such as cheese... veggies... beef jerky and the like!!!

Make sure you drink your water!!!!!

cheri
Old 12-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Help,
Am I eating too much too? Just 3-4 oz. of meat is not enough for me. I usually eat this in a day. Is this okay, Cheri?

B-3 eggs boiled, tea with 1 T. cream and splenda

D- 16 oz. steak or 2 chicken breasts, 4 cups salad with 1/2 cup ranch, 1 Atkins ice cream cup, diet coke
Old 12-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #49
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by oriana
Help,
Am I eating too much too? Just 3-4 oz. of meat is not enough for me. I usually eat this in a day. Is this okay, Cheri?

B-3 eggs boiled, tea with 1 T. cream and splenda

D- 16 oz. steak or 2 chicken breasts, 4 cups salad with 1/2 cup ranch, 1 Atkins ice cream cup, diet coke
Hi there...

Atkins recommended 6-8 oz meat per meal.... It looks like you are doing great although you are skipping a meal... is that because you are not hungry or that it isnt convenient to eat lunch?.... maybe even 1/2 your dinner and have 1/2 for lunch... 1/2 for dindin... it is better to split up your carbs in the day instead of having them all in one sitting. also... try getting your water in as well... it makes a big factor in losing weight!!!

cheri
Old 12-28-2003, 08:21 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,
I'm a newbie but maintaining. I was 96 yesterday and after 20 carbs and 2500 calories I only gained to 96.5 but I don' think I stuck to the program or did I by sabbatoging the sabbatogers! Everyone was eating fudge and junk and I pigged out on Carbolite bars and Atkins ice cream but did I do the right thing? I feel guilty. This is what I had.

Brunch: 3 Carbolite bars
Dinner: 15 oz. fatty ribeye, 4 cups salad with 1/2 cup ranch, 1/2 cup Atkins ice cream, diet pepsi
Has anyone ever done this?
Feeling guilty,
Oriana
Old 01-01-2004, 08:37 PM   #51
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by oriana
Hi,
I'm a newbie but maintaining. I was 96 yesterday and after 20 carbs and 2500 calories I only gained to 96.5 but I don' think I stuck to the program or did I by sabbatoging the sabbatogers! Everyone was eating fudge and junk and I pigged out on Carbolite bars and Atkins ice cream but did I do the right thing? I feel guilty. This is what I had.

Brunch: 3 Carbolite bars
Dinner: 15 oz. fatty ribeye, 4 cups salad with 1/2 cup ranch, 1/2 cup Atkins ice cream, diet pepsi
Has anyone ever done this?
Feeling guilty,
Oriana
You weigh 96 pounds? Are you lowcarbing to lose weight or are you lowcarbing for the health benefits (such as cholesterol)? I noticed on another thread that you are 5'4"... so at this weight you are underweight... I am not sure why you are dieting if you are trying to lose.... if anything you should be on maintenance... if you are thinking you are heavy then exercise is what you should concentraite on hun... it will help tone you up so you can have a better body image.

About your menu:

One thing that wasn't quite good was you didn't eat until dinner time except for the candy.. Also you had all your carbs in one meal... it is best to split the carbs throughout the day... or at least in 2 meals... You did over do it on the sweets though hun... might want to eat it in moderation.

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
Old 01-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #52
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Heathersfield
Stats: 190ish/donuts are evil/135ish
Start Date: When I'm in the mood...
Hi Cheri!!
Thanks for putting this info on here...I'm going back into induction Monday and the grocery list is really going to help!! It's a great website.....sooo much info.
btw...thanks for all the picture help in the past
Heather
Old 01-03-2004, 07:56 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cheri,
Thanks for the reply. I am not on Akins to lose but to get healthy. I have real problems with not being able to stop eating and have dieted all my life with high fruit diets. Felt hungry, starving and miserable and maybe even a little hypogycmic. So I am still a newbie and learning.

I just love to eat the bars in the day and a nice protein meal at night with a small Atkins 1/2 cup serving of ice cream. Since I am on maintenance and even need to gain a little do you think I need to limit my bars and ice cream? Do you have a little menu that you stick to eat day that I could look at?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:27 AM   #54

Gallery:
how hard was it

hi Everyone

I was just wondering how hard it was for you to stop eating your favorite things. (they could be icecream , chips ,chocalate, whatever. Something that you liked to have way to much before you started atkins.) my devil food if you want to call it is donuts. I don't like a verity of them but the ones I do like I can't stop eating. Even though my body tells me that it doesn't really like them anymore.
I need some advice on what to do to break this habit. I know that if I stopped eating them that I would be able to follow this diet no problem. Any ideas on what i can do to stop this????? i have already given up chocalate, pop and other drinks that contain caffiene in it. It hasn't been easy but i am doing it. I know that it is probably the sugar that is in the donuts that I want . anyway if anyone has any ideas as what i should do they would be greatful

thanks in advanced

angie

Old 01-03-2004, 03:06 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: thebraudgroup
Stats: 205/150
Start Date: January 2004
Newbie website

Hi, I'm new to the site and to Atkins. I will be starting next week. Your site is fabulous. Thanks a lot. I'm looking forward to reading everything!

Kim
Old 01-03-2004, 09:56 PM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen_proctor73
Stats: 185/180/135
Thanks!

I just started on January 1st and could use all the help!

Karen
Old 01-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #57

Gallery:
measurement question

i measureed my self when i first started to give low carb a try.

here are my start measurements:

hips 85 inches
chest 81 inches
waist 95 inches
upper arm 27 inches left and right
tighs 51 inches left and right

that was Nov 30 2003

Today Jan 6 2004 here are my new measurements

hips 36 inches
chest 35 inches (would explain why one of my bras are falling off lol)
waist 35 inches
thighs 50 inches both righ and left
arms 10 inches both right and left.

my question is how do i figure out how many inches i have lost of each body part? i have never done this before so if some one could figure it out for me or tell me how to do it that would be great
angie

Old 01-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen_proctor73
Stats: 185/180/135
Bread Question

I have seen many low card breads with 6g of net carbs. I just found one with 3g of net carbs per slice simply called Low Carbohydrate Bread. Can anyone tell me if they have tried it and if so, is it any good?

Karen
Old 01-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #59
rdhd382

Gallery: rdhd382
Newbie here!

Hello Cheri and newbies!

I just started on the Second of January and I am so excited to be doing something that makes me feel so good. I tried for about a day and a half about 5 years ago, but it was when Phen-fen had been taken off the market and I was so angry about my weight gain from that and remembering how I ate during that diet that I just couldn't see the truth. I've tried every diet in the world and have even had gastric bypass. The bypass surgery helped me lose 100 pounds, but it wasn't nearly enough. I'm already in the fat burning mode... got a dark pink ketostick!.... and I'm feeling pretty darn good today!

I like this site. It really is very helpful. I look forward to talking to others who are doing this wonderful program... low carb world... I have a great support system here at work. Three of my co-workers are following the same plan and its so helpful. My husband is supportive and my cravings are gone... All is good...

I'll check in later and let you know how I did for the week...

Old 01-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #60
Neil

Gallery: Neil
Great site.....