Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #481
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzbryce
Stats: 190/170/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Aug 2006
loved your site wow very inspirational and full of knowledge Job well done

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #482
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Good to see all the new people here and I am glad posting is finally working for ya Thenailtech. This is a really great group of people that are very happy to help also so don't be shy... Post your questions on a separate thread so everyone can see the topic and help you the best that they can!!!!

cheri
Old 10-29-2006, 03:20 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: piglet8
Stats: 291/241/168 (did reach 196 in 2003)
WOE: atkins`72/m+e
Start Date: restart january 8th 2007
Hello everyone, and sorry i think i should have posted this here....

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...49#post7665349
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GlosRob
Hi all another newbie here and a bit of a rarity because I am male and it appears predominatley females here. My wife and I have started induction today but I have a few more pounds to lose than her. I am a 35 year old male from Gloucester in England I think I am reasonably clued up about Atkins as I have done induction before but gave up soon after. I now realise that eating carbs is what makes me fat !
Old 10-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #485
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stevozz2
Hi all, quick question...whats the deal with psyillium husks and the carbs they contain..Is it alright to consume?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #486
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome Rob... you will be surprised there are a lot of men here on the site... just search them out... there used to be a mens thread but I am not sure it if that is still going. Post alot and I am sure the men will welcome you to the site also.

Stevozz2... psyillium husks are great to keep you regular... it is fiber so I wouldn't worry about carb content... it would be next to nothing.

Hope that helps!!

cheri
Old 10-31-2006, 06:35 AM   #487
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BitterGeek
Stats: 223/216/190
WOE: Atkins - Induction
Start Date: 10/16/2006
I'm teh forum n00b, heh.

I'm not new to Atkins (lost 30 lbs. in 2004). I'm back on induction since 10/16/2006 and it's really been fustrating. Haven't lost any weight and I'm doubting if I should continue.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:42 PM   #488
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Penny Tuckahoe
Stats: 140/130
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/27/06
Joined before but never posted. I am eager to learn how to take off this stubborn 10 pounds and to flatten my tummy!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MNLisaB
Stats: 222/155/140??
WOE: low carb, portion control
Start Date: 9/1/06
Hi Bitter and all:

Don't give up. I had a similar story, had been a successful low carb dieter in the past, but slowly got complacent and regained weight back. Restarted 9/1/06 and only lost 4 lbs. It wasn't until I began to work out and watch my fat and portion control that I started losing again.

So, here I am 8 weeks later and I finally feel like I have a handle on it all. Combo of metabolism slowing to a whisper and insulin resistance, I guess. Sometime you just have to kick it up a notch- and don't forget drinking water. Also, diet sodas and things like Crystal Light may stall weight loss; I learned that too, this time around.

Let's do this together, lots of great support and wonderful products available now, there's no reason to feel deprived.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshineonetoo
Stats: 206/im gettin there/135
WOE: LFL/Low Carb
Start Date: 11/2/2006
Hi there everyone. Ummm, first time poster-due to my lack of confidence. Tomorrow I start my low carb journey for the second time in 5 years (which isn't bad). Was very successful the first time, and I am looking forward to trying this seriously this time. Things that are different this time around, I work out- and execise which is something i did not do before. I feel like I am at a good place in my life to dedicate myself to this whole thing. Plus honestly, I am embarrassed. I am embarrassed that I am at what I call "max density" for my body, my clothes don't fit, I feel HUGE and most of all, I am uncomfortable. Time for change. Any support is good thats why I am here. Tomorrow will be my day one, and I alrealy cleaned out the fridge and cabinets in preperation. Sigh. I am glad I am not doing this alone

Glad to be here!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:22 AM   #491
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CaroleKI61
Stats: 414/ 270 /255/ 245....199
WOE: Dr. Atkins- I love you!
Start Date: many restarts
Hi welcome everyone, this is the best place eer! love CaroleI just put my address in the Christmas Card Exchange at the top of the page in the lounge, I'll be searching for names of friends is yours there? love Carole
Old 11-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stelakate
WOE: gastric bypass 5.21.07
I cant tell you how good I feel when I see these pictures. It is very motivating! Keep them coming!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Sunshine:
Hope you get this, I can't quite figure out how to email you...or even comment to you in the gallery. I am not so proficient in this arena.
Just wanted to say-GOOD LUCK! Together we can get this started and stick with it!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Cheri,
You are awesome!! I have passed the site along to two other co-worker (friends, that are doing this too!) and everyone loves it! It's nice to not be alone!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #495
Camminatore del Vento

Gallery: Edin
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 2006
hi everyone, may i join you all?? i have been reading posts and info on the site and it is so informative. i am reading re the south beach diet, and though i find the concept wonderful and know it is how i should eat for many reasons, i feel overwhelmed. i dont have the time or energy to make so many recipes. is there just an easy list of foods per meal/ snack that i can follow, w/o making it all so fancy? i saw one list here, but it was more of an update of changes to south beach. thank you so much to all, and i hope htat i can be of help and offer encouragement to others!! God bless
Old 11-03-2006, 09:14 AM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sammo
Stats: 150/121/old goal 136/ new goal 125-ish/ 5'5"
WOE: Kimkins,then self control-maintaining since Feb 06
Start Date: oct '06
What a great site! I am so happy to find so much information & from what I have read such a nice community.

thanks for doing this Cheri - I know admin-ing is hard work & goes way underapprecaited.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zigzaggity
Stats: 195/195/110
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2009
Hi Everyone,
I am officially starting Atkins tomorrow (11/06/06). I tried it 3 or 4 years ago and really liked it. I lost 16 pounds and it wasn't as difficult as other diets! The biggest problem I had, and I eventually let it be my doom, was taking the time to prepare enough meals and snacks ahead of time. This willl probably still be a challenge for me.

I have just been lurking here on and off for a long time. This time, I told myself that joining in on some disussions is exactly what I need! I really need support from others that are trying to change their lives. I don't really have any family or friends for support, so I am hoping that this time, with the help of this message board, I will make it!

The last time I did Atkins I had 55 pounds to lose. Since then, I have gained back the weight I lost-plus more!! I now have 75 pounds to lose. I am so depressed about this. I really hate the way I look. I have never felt so bad about myself. I don't even like to look in the mirror!

So, I know I need to get passed all of that and move forward, so that is why I'm here.

I am going to search around the different threads here. There is so much information!

Ok, nice to meet all of you!
zig
Old 11-05-2006, 07:35 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KirbyTris
Stats: 252/230/150
WOE: Low Carb
Hi everyone! I just recently celebrated my one-month anniversary doing low carb and what a celebration. I cannot believe that I have taken off 25 pounds with hardly any effort. In fact, I've enjoyed this past month. Coming to this site has been a TREMENDOUS help. Using the fabulous recipes has really helped as well as reading all of the support here and reading everyone's success stories.

I thought that losing weight was an impossibility for me. No matter what diet I tried, I could never control the cravings that made me eat thousands of calories a day. It was so depressing and I had no energy. It worried me so much that there was something very seriously wrong with me.

Well, that is not the case no more. I can't believe how much energy I have and this WOE is so easy for me. No more cravings! No more binges!

Thank you so much for this wonderful site and all the wonderful people who post here.

Cheryl

Last edited by KirbyTris; 11-05-2006 at 07:36 AM..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:09 PM   #499
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: work-n-progress
Stats: 209
Start Date: 04/13/2007
Thanks so much for equipping us with all of this information. I'm a newbie! After successfully losing 75 pounds last your after the birth of my second child, I've gained back 45 pounds. I lost weight eating low fat, but have come to realize that sugar is my true addiction. I started low-carb today and plan to keep it up! All of the support and success stories have really inspired me.

thanks again
work-n-progress
Old 11-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChrisJ UK
Great site Cheri...

Helps alot for my reinducting
Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #501
Lovely, Luscious, Luxurious Loungie Brat

Location: KENTUCKY, Heart is in Essex, England (No white heels, blue eyeshadow, or dancing around my bag)
Gallery: CosmicMuffin
Chris in the Challenges there is a UK group
Old 11-09-2006, 06:23 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vegasgirl81
Stats: 135/135/115
Start Date: December 9, 2006
This is a great website. Thanks for all the info. I started atkins back in March and still have questions. This pretty much answers them all. I am looking foward to talking to new people who are doing the same diet as me.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #503
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trishh
Stats: 244/200/150
Start Date: October 2006
new

Hello everyone. I am new and just wanted to get started posting. I started my diet in Oct. of this year. I weighed 244.4lbs. I have been going to a diet Dr. to help lose. The first month i lost 14.6lbs. and this month 7.lbs so with diet change and walking and medications i have done pretty good i have been told. I have been lurking in the back ground for awhile and i must say there is alot of great successful stories and it has kept me on track for most. This last week i have had a very hard time of keeping on track. But i will just keep going one day at a time. This is the best site and i came by it accidently. Alot of good and useful information. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Thenailteck
Stats: 260/230/150
Start Date: July 2006
Trishh

Congrats on your starting weight loss!

I have been LC'ing "seriously" since July and have lost 27 lbs so far. I too lurked in the background for a while before starting to post. I found this site just for searching the web for LC recipes....and WOW there are definately a lot of them here. I love this place.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #505
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Thenailtech: Your doing great as well. Its easier knowing that there are people out there just like me that struggle with weight. And its easier for me to see the posts and know what others go thru as well. One step at a time has got me thru alot of changes. No caffine and no soda pop, no sugar, no breads and all at once but i did it and fill better now that the withdrawls have stopped. And lets not forget the portion control. I did make the extra loop today walking and now am offically doing over the one mile mark. Hurray. This is a big accomplishment for me. I also thru out all the left overs from thanksgiving that were a temptation to me. My husband was disappointed that the pies and cakes were no more.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Thenailteck
Stats: 260/230/150
Start Date: July 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishh View Post
No caffine and no soda pop, no sugar, no breads and all at once but i did it and fill better now that the withdrawls have stopped. And lets not forget the portion control.
Wow...that's an amazing feat...all at the same time. I still drink one or two diet sodas per day...one in the morning for my cafeine and one after work if I did good and drank at least 90 oz of water. But I used to drink more than a 6 pack a day so I'm doing good.

As for Thanksgiving I binged...but it was at my Aunts house. I had no leftovers to tempt me. And directly back on plan starting Friday morning.

Keep up the Great work!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #507
Junior LCF Member

Thenailteck: Thanks again, i am determined. I confess i miss the diet soda pops and coffee. It is snowing and sleeting here so i didn't walk today. I will pull out one of my vhs tapes and exercise to the oldies in the morning.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:45 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
Hi all,
I am new here today, although I have been lurking for a while. I did really well with Atkins about 5 years ago, but kept using all of the "fake" goodies, you know, low carb pasta, bread, sauces, you name it, and that was just a step away from going back to the full carb, full sugar version. Wham. The pounds came back with a vengance. I am really commited to going all the way with it this time. I am having a heck of atime getting back into ketosis this time, but today, after 9 really strict days, my stick finally turned pink! Hurray! I know that with the support that I find here, I will really be able to go the distance this time! Onward and upward, uh.. I mean "downward", weight wise that is.

Thanks ~
Nim
Old 12-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MNLisaB
Stats: 222/155/140??
WOE: low carb, portion control
Start Date: 9/1/06
Hey!!

Welcome, lots of good info here and other sites.

Maybe if you're still a twenty something can you eat low carb desserts every single night and still lose weight, and if you can, more power to you.

You are so right, low carb does not necessarly mean no weight gain. I fell into the same trap, my friend, gained back the 40 lbs I had lost.

Best wishes on your journey!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: espressox2
WOE: Atkins-Induction