Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #331
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Malisa
Stats: 270/270/180
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/05
Nice page! I need a refresher : )

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimGoody
Stats: 292/280/170
Start Date: October 9, 2005
Cinshad: What do you mean by Flaxseed!!!! Nuts!!!! I love nuts especially cashews and pecans. I usually have a snack of sugarfree jello, whip cream and pecans. Is it okay to have pecans. I'm really trying to get this extra person off of my body...I'm 282 and would love to reach my goal of 160. I'm in desperate need of advice. SlimGoody.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpea704
SlimGoody: My advice would be to find vegetables that you like and eat them and then add meat and fat so that you are not hungry. Also, drink water and start walking. I started at 279 and have lost 20 lbs since the beginning of August. I started out just walking 1 mile in about 30 minutes.
Now, I can do a mile on the eliptical trainer in under 13 minutes. I also ran a funrun mile with my kids....and I wasn't last!! One thing. The exercise - they always say it gives you energy. Well, it does, but it took a lot of pushing myself and being tired at first.
Yes, you can eat some pecans. Eat about 17 halves. If you quit losing, cut the nuts. I am at about 30 carbs a day and still be in ketosis, but I think it is the exercise.
I have cut almost all the "low carb" products, however, to break a stall.
Read the info at the start of this thread about newbe stuff.

Sweetpea704
Old 11-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: moudy4
Stats: 247/178/145
Start Date: October 2005
Such great inspiration!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cagmom
Stats: 176/171.5/150
WOE: CAD/CC W) PC
Start Date: June 1,2009
Hi Low Carbers

I'm new to the format but not new the the low carb lifestyle. I currantly on the CAD/CALP. Lost 6 lbs within 3 weeks doing this WOE.

I'm a retired receiptionest that live in Cape Cape. The beachs are wonderful to walk along . I have 2 grownup kids that live in another state from us.

Hope by the time I see them again for the holidays I will be at my goal weight.
I have 9 more pounds to go,than the fun time starts maintaining for the rest of my live. I heard its not as easy as one thinks.

I need alot of support,from you as I'm on 5 other messages boards,and hopefully I be able to help support & movotive you in return. Have to run, dinner is almost ready. Will post tomorrow. Hugs CAG

155/149/140
Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #336
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimGoody
Stats: 292/280/170
Start Date: October 9, 2005
Cheri: Could you tell me how to place my picture(s) on LCF website. I started 9 Oct and I'd like to track my progress with my before and after pics. I'd also like to include information such as Join Date, Location, Posts, Gallery, Stats, WOE, and Start Date: 10/09/05. Thanks for your help. I love this website. SlimGoody.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Caly1
Start Date: November 2005
good page, thanks for the post.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:20 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
Thanx Cheri,

I have been hooked on this site for a couple of days now. I cannot take being overweight anymore and I had decided to do LFL. I am more familiar with Atkins though . I've been on it before and never stuck to it long enough to lose what I need to. I think it is great that u are so helpful and giving. I have about 100# to lose and I don't want to be doing it for years (I know that I have to change my lifestyle to maintain the loss) . I feel that the low carb lifestyle is the best for my bodytype and age . Can u give me some idea about the difference btwn LFL and Atkins? I'm thinking Atkins would be simpler for me to follow. I have accessed your newbie page. Again I think u are very kind and generous. Thank u
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #339
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdee54
Thanx Cheri,

I have been hooked on this site for a couple of days now. I cannot take being overweight anymore and I had decided to do LFL. I am more familiar with Atkins though . I've been on it before and never stuck to it long enough to lose what I need to. I think it is great that u are so helpful and giving. I have about 100# to lose and I don't want to be doing it for years (I know that I have to change my lifestyle to maintain the loss) . I feel that the low carb lifestyle is the best for my bodytype and age . Can u give me some idea about the difference btwn LFL and Atkins? I'm thinking Atkins would be simpler for me to follow. I have accessed your newbie page. Again I think u are very kind and generous. Thank u
Hi sweetie...

First I want to say congratulations on deciding to not only lose weight but also to follow a healthier lifestyle!! Here is the description about the Lean for Life plan... I also want to tell you I will be updating the link on the newbie site that compares plans to include the LFL and a few other plans.. I appreciate the heads up on me missing the diet on that page... Here ya go...

[Color=red]Lean for Life:[/Color]

What is Lindora's Lean for Life Program and how does it differ from other weight loss programs?

Lindora's Lean for Life® program is a personalized weight management system that delivers rapid, safe results. Since 1971, people of all ages and weights have successfully lost weight and learned to keep it off using the Lean for Life program. Whether you want to lose five, 50 or 500 pounds, the Lindora Lean for Life program can help you lose weight and learn to keep it off. And while you're doing it, you'll eat a healthy variety of foods that you can find in any grocery store and order in restaurants. You don't have to prepare separate meals for yourself, because your family can eat the same foods.

The Lindora Lean for Life program is not one of those trendy low carb, high protein and oftentimes high fat diets. Lean for Life has been called the "smart carb" approach because we combine healthy eating with individualized therapeutic lifestyle adjustment. This comprehensive program addresses the physical, mental and lifestyle issues of weight control. The program includes a Weight Loss phase that is followed by Lifetime Maintenance.

The program is presented in a step-by-step, day-by-day format that participants find easy and convenient to follow.

During Weight Loss, the menu plan is low calorie, low carbohydrate, low fat and moderate protein. Participants enjoy three meals and at least three snacks a day, choosing their foods from a selection of lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, grains and lettuce. Lindora also offers a variety of delicious and convenient protein nutritional products such as bars, shakes, soup, hot and cold drinks that can also be used during the program, but are not mandatory. (They're great for between-meal snacks!)

During Lifetime Maintenance, the menu plan transitions into a more "traditional" balance of low fat, moderate carbohydrate, moderate protein foods. Participants learn to eat a wide variety of foods while maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle.

When followed correctly, the Lean for Life program helps participants achieve a rapid, safe, healthy and comfortable weight loss result. Although the exact rate of weight loss varies among individuals, the average weight loss for participants who follow the program correctly and are reasonably active is approximately two to five pounds per week. Other benefits of the Lean for Life program include decreased hunger and cravings, improved mood and increased energy and protection of lean muscle mass.

[Color=red]Atkins:[/Color]

Dr. Atkins' original Diet Revolution helped millions lose weight and maintain their weight loss for life. His sensational follow-up, Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution, concentrated on total wellness in addition to weight loss -- and spent more than four years on the New York Times bestseller list. Now the world's #1 diet and complementary medicine expert has updated his proven program for a new century-offering essential new information based on scientifically supported controlled carbohydrate principles that helps people re-energize their life by re-balancing their nutrition so that they look good, feel good, lose weight and keep it off.

The new updated diet revolution includes:

All you need to know to jump-start your weight loss and lifetime of well-being
New controlled carbohydrate recipes for delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts
Brand-new case studies
Detailed information in the Atkins Nutritional Principles and the solid foundation of medical and scientific research to support them

With Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution, you can eat the delicious meals you love-from cheeseburgers to mouth-watering gourmet entrees (recipes included)-- and kick-start your metabolism so that you burn fat for energy. You can reduce the risk factors associated with certain major health problems, including chronic fatigue, diabetes and high blood pressure. And, you can increase your energy level, improve your overall health and well-being and apply the knowledge and tools you need to truly achieve and sustain permanent weight loss.

I hope this helps ya!! Don't forget to come here a lot for both support and motivation!!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #340
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGoody
Cheri: Could you tell me how to place my picture(s) on LCF website. I started 9 Oct and I'd like to track my progress with my before and after pics. I'd also like to include information such as Join Date, Location, Posts, Gallery, Stats, WOE, and Start Date: 10/09/05. Thanks for your help. I love this website. SlimGoody.
Hi sweetie...

If you want to put your picture in the faces page you just go there and log in... You may have to sign up first. Then you will see on the top right "upload pictures" ... click on that and a window will pop up that will allow you to browse your computer for your picture...

If you want to post a picture in a thread you have to put your picture on a photosharing site (or have it in faces) and get the properties for it (http address) One such sight is Imageshack.

If you need additional help or if you need to shrink your picture down feel free to send it to me at cherilynn8@hotmail.com and I will be happy to help.

cheri
Old 12-29-2005, 01:24 PM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ELVIS75
Stats: 270/205/220/210-goal 200
Hello and Thank you

My wife and I have been watching this site for 3 years now and after reading the thread "What made you decide?" it prompted me to get started again .
Before back sliding we had both lost a huge amount by using a little of this and a lot of this website. After trying everything under the sun this life style is the only one that has worked, I have lost 70 pounds (but have gained 15 of it back), my wife has also gained back pounds and inches ( I dont dare ask).

After being the fat kid all my life I am tired of excuses and am ready to finish what I started 3 years ago.
Thanks to all of you I have figured out I am not an island in a sea of beautiful people, rather realized it is time for me and baby to enjoy life!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 PM   #342
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: marystites
Stats: 195/190/145
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 01/06/06
As a "newbie" I just want to say THANK YOU! You have put a worth of information together for us and it is very much appreciated.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krisfrogten
Stats: 240/193.6/165
WOE: low carb
Start Date: restart Dec 2012
Thanks so much Cheri! Great Information, will definately use!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ast595
First day, feel like crap, any advice?
Old 01-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #345
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: debbiedoo
Stats: 204/196/160 5 "8
Start Date: Round 2 new start 1st jan 2006
Just started low carb plan, was finding it very hard, but now with your webside for help I THINK I CAN DO IT

Many thanks
Old 01-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #346
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suzie516
Stats: 217
Start Date: 1-8-06
Just started induction yesterday! After years of slowly putting on the pounds I have become totally disgusted with myself. I am 54 5'6 and weight 217. I tried a low carb diet about 6 years ago...at that time I only weighed 185 and lost 15 lbs. I changed jobs and have really packed on the extra weight, also with menopause setting in I have no energy. Hopefully this low carb diet will help me increase the energy so I can get up and exercise. So now I need to really stick with this.

You are all such an inspiration and I am so hooked on this board.

Thanks for being here!

Suzie
Old 01-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jdeitz
Stats: 215
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: Jan. 4
Thanks a bunch for this website! I'll need all the help I can get!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweet8
Stats: 230/205/160
WOE: LC
Start Date: Re-Started 05/19/2008
NEWBIE WEBPAGE

Thanks for the great info. I just started a week ago.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dew4j
Stats: 185/140.4/135
Start Date: 9/1/04, reinduction 1/15/09
Can we have cool whip?
Old 01-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jensims117
Stats: 260/260/170
Start Date: 01/16/2006
I just wanted to say hello again...... I was here about 2 years ago and did great loved the support I got here and lost alot of weight. Well as time went on I fell off the wagon so to speak and I gained all of it and some more back so I am gonna turn 31 on Tuesday so I am gonna start to get if off again and this time keep it off.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #351
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frozenrope
Great resource!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:32 AM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FoodAddict
Stats: 198/195/175
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Jan 2003
How did you do that? If my math is correct you went from 164 to 115 in 10 weeks. WHAT is your secret?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:07 AM   #353
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KitaRavenMoon
Stats: 210/175/130
Start Date: September 2005
Wow Cheri! TY so much for making this website.. I have it bookmarked and it will be SUPER useful!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #354
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jennifer72
Stats: 177/174/140
Start Date: 2/13/06
Newbie Webpage

Thanks so much for the newbie webpage Cheri! It is very informative!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #355
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lose4me
Stats: 195/190/125
Start Date: Jan 2006
Great Page Thanks a Bunch!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: eloise
Stats: 316/265/170
WOE: lowcarb most of the time
Start Date: oct. 09 started again
Fantastic for us beginner induction dieters!! Just found I am diabetic, it took 4 days for atkins to kick in and now I am feeling good!!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stuckon240
Stats: 245/235/190
WOE: Protein Power Plan
Start Date: Feburary 22, 2006
Love your website Cheri. Got it bookmarked.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mschellep
Stats: 204/190/145
WOE: Atkins/SouthBeach
Start Date: 01/01/08
Just wanted to say hi...I just started the plan March 1st lost 3 lbs. I fighting to stay on it I'm just trying to find variety in my meals to stick with it.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:05 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nana Lee/MA
WOE: Gastric by-pass surgery
Start Date: Nov 20 2009
mschellep
You'll find many very helpful people here. Good luck!

Lee
Old 03-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #360
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: palmsprings1957
Thanx Cheri. Great info.