Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2004, 04:36 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bzy911gal
Stats: 222/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/25/2004
hello, i am new to Atkins and just found this site tonight. i am looking forward to meeting and being able to share my journey with others who know what it's all about.

starting at 222 and working down to 130 hopefully!!

have a great day everyone!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2004, 06:25 AM   #302
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Location: MANHATTAN NYC - click on ''MAMZELLE" directly below for more photos.
Gallery: MAMZELLE
Stats: LIFETIME MANTENANCE
WOE: ATKINS "ORIGINAL" DIET - why tamper with success!!
Start Date: as Patient when the Maestro's FIRST book came out
lemon

AnnieFrannie.... Atkins always said ''the juice from 1 lemon per day'' on induction is 'allowed' but I never did that, nor am one who feels the need for lemon except for with seafood/shellfish or in my V8, in which I always used tons of it but cut out all tomatoe products, and miss them the most :-( Everything depends on how it effects each individual, but I never wanted to even 'test' things that weren't that important to me.... I only tested dreamfields pasta, which IS very important to me because I can't face a life without pasta, so thank God for it!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:11 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbmax
Stats: 152/149/105/5'
WOE: Back to LC 2/1/10
Start Date: November 2004
Hi Cheri, thanks for making that webpage for us newbies. It's so user friendly. I love that article about newbies doomed to fail. Boy, I was like that. One day I decided to go on low carb and went on shopping spree. It's a no-no. I learned that the hard way plus extra 9.5 lbs, that was last year. So earlier this month I started again and so far so good, except for that one day (Thanksgiving) when I gained all 2 lbs that I worked so hard to lose for a week. But I'm back and lost that lost 2 lbs and today I'm another 1 lb lighter. YIPPEEE!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi
Stats: 173/163/135
Start Date: 11/16/04
Hi! I started Atkins on 11/16/04 (brave doing this just before Thanksgiving). I lost 10 pounds the first week, but seem to have gained 2 back!!!! I bought the Keto sticks, and am in Ketosis (is that right?) Will I begin losing more weight now that this is happening???? I REALLY need to lose another 30 pounds (or more). This is all so new to me. My brother in law has lost 70 pounds in approximately 5 months!!
Thanks,
Kandi
Old 12-07-2004, 01:17 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tmtdiva
Stats: 169/162/110 (5'1 and a half!)
WOE: low-carb, lower fat, watching calories!
Start Date: November 29, 2004
Hi, I just started low-carb, but I am also doing the Lean for Life plan which differs from Atkins, in that it is low-cal and low-fat. I'm a little confused by some of the posts about low-carb diets needing to be high in fat-- if your body is going to use fat as fuel, wouldn't it be better for your body to use the fat it has rather than new fat you are adding? just curious about the difference if anyone knows! thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 12:11 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheJoannShow
Stats: 235/196/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 08/10/08
Another newbie here...

My name is Joann..I am 22 years old, and I live in Tampa, Florida. I have done this WOL before, with sucess...but I fell off the wagon living with my ex. Now that I am living @ home again, it will be easier for me to lose the weight.

When I was in high school, I weighed 160...since graduation, I have gone up to 225. I'm sick of it. My boobs are too big for my 40E bra...they kind of pop out the sides.

Not that I am losing the weight FOR him, but I have a relativly new boyfriend, and I want to be thin, so I can be happy in the relationship physically, emotionally and well as sexually.

I am a CSR for a cell phone companies billing department...and I am also a photographer.

I hope to be able to teach you guys a few things as well as learn from you as well. I was an avid member on the "other" low carb forum that is no longer active.

Nice to meet you guys!

Old 12-07-2004, 06:12 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sarakatmom
Stats: 212/195/165
Start Date: April 14th, 2007
New Too...

I've been "lurking" around the board for years! I got some really great ideas since.

Life has croped up and thankfully I've be reintroduced to this board and so far, love the atmosphere!

I know a few friendly faces and look forward to meeting new ones!

Nice to meet you.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 PM   #308
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally posted by Kandi
Hi! I started Atkins on 11/16/04 (brave doing this just before Thanksgiving). I lost 10 pounds the first week, but seem to have gained 2 back!!!! I bought the Keto sticks, and am in Ketosis (is that right?) Will I begin losing more weight now that this is happening???? I REALLY need to lose another 30 pounds (or more). This is all so new to me. My brother in law has lost 70 pounds in approximately 5 months!!
Thanks,
Kandi
You could of had some water gain... or if you started working out remember your muscles tend to hold in water for a bit but will definately release it again. Keep on your plan... work out... drink LOTS of water and you will see the scale go back down.

cheri
Old 12-07-2004, 06:31 PM   #309
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tmtdiva
Hi, I just started low-carb, but I am also doing the Lean for Life plan which differs from Atkins, in that it is low-cal and low-fat. I'm a little confused by some of the posts about low-carb diets needing to be high in fat-- if your body is going to use fat as fuel, wouldn't it be better for your body to use the fat it has rather than new fat you are adding? just curious about the difference if anyone knows! thanks!
Here is a link to why low carb works... it is on the newbie site and I think it helps explain what happens to your body when you restrict your carb intake... if you have more questions feel free to ask!

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynn82...?1050697734486

cheri
Old 12-07-2004, 06:34 PM   #310
Administrator

Welcome everyone!!!

It is so nice to see so many new faces here!!! You will find that this is one of the best support systems you can have... Feel free to ask questions here... in the bb.. and take a look at our own Atkins Nutritionals Nutritionist board... They are here from Atkins Nutritionals to help with any questions you may have...

Feel free to PM me if you need help as well...

Take care!!!

cheri
Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 AM   #311
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kandi
Stats: 173/163/135
Start Date: 11/16/04
Quote:
Originally posted by cheri
You could of had some water gain... or if you started working out remember your muscles tend to hold in water for a bit but will definately release it again. Keep on your plan... work out... drink LOTS of water and you will see the scale go back down.

cheri

Thanks. I STILL am not showing ANY difference on the scales. The keto sticks show I am burning fat, and I am staying under 20 carbs per day, plus have began walking on the treadmil this past week (I had a horrible chest cold when I started Atkins, so could not do it until this past week). I am trying not to become discouraged, but it is getting difficult. I know it has only been 3 weeks, and I keep telling myself that. Some of my clothes feel looser, but I want to SEE the difference on the scale. I was told that it can take 3 weeks, after the start of induction, to actually start losing a lot of weight. Is that true? I don't think I am eating anything I shouldn't. Eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, salad (or Subway wrap) for lunch, and whatever I can find at dinner. (Usually tuna on lettuce if I have a wrap for lunch). I REALLY appreciate all of your help!
Thanks,
Kandi
Old 01-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1day@atime
Stats: 199/199/160
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: July 15, 2009
Cheri, thank you so much

Thank you so much for making Atkins make sense to me! I got caught in the "low-carb" junk food vortex(YIKES).

I put myself back on induction and am giving it another shot..this time being fully informed of the do's and dont's!!

Thanks so much
Old 01-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #313
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kandi
Thanks. I STILL am not showing ANY difference on the scales. The keto sticks show I am burning fat, and I am staying under 20 carbs per day, plus have began walking on the treadmil this past week (I had a horrible chest cold when I started Atkins, so could not do it until this past week). I am trying not to become discouraged, but it is getting difficult. I know it has only been 3 weeks, and I keep telling myself that. Some of my clothes feel looser, but I want to SEE the difference on the scale. I was told that it can take 3 weeks, after the start of induction, to actually start losing a lot of weight. Is that true? I don't think I am eating anything I shouldn't. Eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, salad (or Subway wrap) for lunch, and whatever I can find at dinner. (Usually tuna on lettuce if I have a wrap for lunch). I REALLY appreciate all of your help!
Thanks,
Kandi
Kandi... I didnt see this before but wondered how you are doing hun? You seeing the scales drop? How did you do during the holidays? Keep us posted!!!

cheri
Old 01-04-2005, 02:20 PM   #314
Administrator

Re: Cheri, thank you so much

Quote:
Originally posted by 1day@atime
Thank you so much for making Atkins make sense to me! I got caught in the "low-carb" junk food vortex(YIKES).

I put myself back on induction and am giving it another shot..this time being fully informed of the do's and dont's!!

Thanks so much
Awwww you are so welcome!!!! Let us know how you are doing without the products hun... I am sure we will see some progress!!!

cheri
Old 01-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: diamond_girl_47
Start Date: Restarted ~ April 14, 2008
Great website...keep up the good work
Old 01-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #316
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kater
Stats: 290/285/170
WOE: ATKINS:)
Start Date: January 2005
Looking for email pen pals 27/f/CANADA

I just started Atkins again after three years of on-and-off-again low carbing with little success. My New Year's Resolution: stay ON!! I'm looking for any pen pals who may be facing the same situation, advice, laughs, etc.

starting stats: 5'9"/290. I'd love to be under 200, happy and without back pain by 2006.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

We are here for you

Kater, I'm here for ya! I've been coming to Low-carbfriends for the past few weeks and I have gotten every question answered! Everyone here is so helpful and really understand where you are coming from and your struggles!

Welcome!! Hope to hear from you soon
Old 01-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kater
Stats: 290/285/170
WOE: ATKINS:)
Start Date: January 2005
Thanks 0ne2day@atime

Thanks for the support. I think I'm going to like it here. I loved reading the Century Club forum, for those who have lost 100+ pounds. Very inspiring!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:43 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad you feel comfortable here!

I know I do! Wow 100 lbs that must have been very hard!! I'll go check it out! Talk to you soon!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Welcome to all newcomers!

to all newcomers. I haven't really posted much to the main board because of time contraints.

tmdiva, I have been on the LFL plan also. I started out with Atkins, but stalled for months, even though I was eating cleanly. I lost the first few weeks, and then nothing or slight gains, AND I was on induction the whole time. We all have different body metabolisms and I believe that plays a factor in which woe is best for each of us. If you have a high metabolism, Atkins works, I am told. I have a slow metabolism with the added problem of not being able to exercise period (I am in a power wheelchair). So I switched to LFL and it has worked for me. You eat between 1000 to 1200 calories a day, depending on how you metabolically respond to carbs. I have to keep my carbs to about 50 grams a day and others can do 100 grams a day without any problems. I have found many people who stalled on Atkins, but found success with LFL. I believe these people mostly had slower metabolisms than others. I also find the LFL program a bit more flexible with more variety. You are right, if your body's energy needs are 1000 calories and you're eating 1400 calories....what's going to happen? And fats are high caloric foods.

Kandi, if you are still having trouble losing on Atkins, you might want to try LFL. It has worked for many people who stalled on Atkins.

I have some more advice based on my own experiences. Stay away from franken foods......they will pull you down. There is nothing more healthy and more conducive to weight loss than eating wholesome, lc real foods. Beware of anything with sugar alcohols in it.....they caused weight gain in me, plus my blood sugars went sky high, just as if I was eating a lump of sugar.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Old 01-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #321
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bobmikk
Stats: 249.5/241.8/215
WOE: My version of Atkins
Start Date: Jan 3, 2005
Second Try at Atkins...

Started LC again on Jan 3, 05....had great success 1.5 yr ago and lost to target in 6 months.....lost 35 lbs, but found it again...

This time around, I need to educate myself about maintenance programs, and learn from others who have been able to KEEP it off....Monday AM is 1 week back on LC, and so far I have lost 7 lbs, which I consider to be right on track. Sadly, my body seems to be able to conserve all the fat generating "stuff" that carbs seem to have.....

So, being new to this board, I need to lurk around and figure out this place out a bit, and will be back. I have a 3 segment plan in place (6 weeks per segment). Want to be at 215 by May 10th, a good weight for me (6ft-1)....been there but not for long..

have a nice evening...

bobmikk
Old 01-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #322
Administrator

Welcome to the site!! I am sure you will love being here. It is so supportive here and please don't hesitate to ask questions.. we are always happy to help.

Take care!

cheri
Old 01-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allibaba
Stats: 221/179.5/150
Start Date: October 2003
[COLOR=blue]Hi,
I'm just trying to find a place to figure out how to use the color, font, size function. I seem to be having problems with it.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allibaba
Stats: 221/179.5/150
Start Date: October 2003
[COLOR=blue]I think I may have figured it out.[/COLOR]
Old 01-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #325
tonya rehm

Gallery: tonya rehm
Re: I AM A NEWBIE !

Hello everyone,
A special thank you Cheri.. this is just the type of site I need.. I had done atkins last year and just about hit my goal....lost 40lbs/ I actually felt much ,much better( not sure if all physically,but..) anyway .. had a car accident in sept, and that quick, right thru the holidays....BAM!!! Here I am ,praying I can do it again... Im just glad that there's a support group I can come to .. also to TheJoanneShow , you & I are on very similar situations, our work is relatively similar and I ,past carber, Enjoy Photography as well... you will have to keep in touch....Anyway I hope I can possibly reach a goal and make a few friends along the way.. I need willpower...LOTS OF IT.!*. I am married F,29(as of the6th..) mother of 7yr old.. I need to fo this for ME,my HUSBAND(lord knows I just want them to really,really want us).., and to be a healthy MOM!!. I am open to any helpful suggestion ,and hope if u need be ,I can help.. GOOD LUCK <THANKS & NICE TO MEET EVERYONE,
TONYA

Old 10-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #326

Gallery: karatekim
Stats: 310/266/160
Start Date: October 2005
thanks for putting that all together. It is very helpful.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:44 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buffedstuff
WOE: BFFM
thanks for the info
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #328
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarnelianSage
Thanks for all your wonderful information!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cincygirl44
so happy to be here

I may be new to this board, but I am not however new to dieting.
My mother recently had by pass surgery and has obviously struggled with her weight for years. Now that she has had the surgery we have to make sure she doesn't fall back into comfort eating. I am doing my best to make meals for her and for the rest of my family. I found this board and thought it would be perfect for finding tips, advice and plenty of support... and that's exactly what I have found.

This webpage has been a true lifesaver and has made me feel more confident in what I'm doing for myself, my mom and the rest of my family.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Thanks for this wonderful site![/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen]~ali
[/COLOR]

Last edited by cincygirl44; 10-24-2005 at 10:42 AM..
Old 10-29-2005, 03:52 PM   #330

Gallery: sweetiejennie
Stats: 380 / 380 / 200
WOE: South Beach Phase 1
Great page! Thanks so much