Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Past Amazing Posts!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2003, 02:08 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baby PHAT
That ole hunger monster!

I hope that I can fight my hunger monster and tell him to calm the f*** down! But he has to be fed sometimes! I went for 15 hours without eating I think that has trained my monster quite a bit. Now how long can I go from here? Tomorrow is Saturday and I don't get as hungry on the weekends as I do during work (why is that?)

So I should be able to go all day! Put that monster in his cage!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #242

Gallery:
Re: DAY 5

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Blue
[COLOR=blue]
I was on Atkins for 4 months, and only lost 10 pounds (during induction).

This O/T on a fasting thread , but how did you do Induction? What was your ****** like for carbs and total calories (i.e., too much fat like cheese, cream, butter, cream cheese?)

I have lost 12 pounds, true, but I have over 100 to lose. So in the grand scheme of things, I've lost a much smaller percentile of weight than you, and most others.

You haven't lost a smaller percent! For all of us, including you, the first 4-7 pounds are water, so you've lost 5-8 pounds of fat! Try THAT on Atkins! Also, keep in mind that since you're starting to get the metallic taste now, you might have needed longer to deplete your glycogen depending on what you ate before the fast. Don't be a silly goose, you're doing wonderful!

One side wants to fast and detox, the other is obsessed with food. Is anyone else having this struggle?

Yes. I want to eat. I was asking myself this morning why this time it's so "hard" for me because last time it wasn't. It's because I don't have any weight to lose (and this d*mn water!) Before I would have asked myself, "Do you want to wear a smaller size next week or do you want to eat?" (Remember this was when I was 22 and fasted only for weight loss reasons.) Now, I don't want to be a smaller size. And I better see some impressive detox results pretty darned quick!

Does this mean I'm just now catching up to the detox levels of the "poopoo" mouths from Day 2?

It certainly could be, again, depending on how carbed up you were before the fast.
[/COLOR]

Old 08-22-2003, 05:45 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Personal Day 1

I can relate to the ambivalence. Part of me wants control, NOW. The other half is just panicked. I am almost "afraid." This has got to be a conditioned response to the "idea" of fasting.

Kimmer, thanks for the info on headache. I have passed through the pain, and am happy. No hunger whatsoever. Am I in for a rude awakening tomorrow??

Also, some bits of lightheadedness, but this is alleviated by drinking--you guessed it--water!! I did run around the backyard with my kids, no tiredness. Weird. Haven't eaten in 24 hrs.

Uh-oh, the chatty water-fast fairy got me. . .I'll stop typing now.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:48 PM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Karat, I've been fortunate and have had no physical hunger at all since Day 1 (I'm on Day 5 now). But last night the tv food commercials were driving me insane!!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #245
Seriouslyme

Gallery: Seriouslyme
end of day 5

Hi to all!

I can't believe that I am at day 5. Today was the easiest easiest day so far. I couldn't 'stand' too long....in a 45 min meeting, I had to sit down the entire time. But other than that, and some tiredness now, I feel great.

Well...my legs are sore, and my face is greasy, and my right ear hurts, and my eyes sting, and there is a bit of spacey-ness.....but beautiful detox. The headache left early this morning, and no nausea today. So, I know what this means. Sometime tomorrow, I will probably go into a deeper level of beautiful detox. (yikes). As I type this, my ear is itching and tingling (not really pain, just weird). Earlier there was some pain now and again.

Kimmer, what do you think of losing weight and going lower than your 'goal' weight? Just curious. I know all about the cellulite being gone from your bottom, so I figured I could ask!

I think everyone is doing GREAT! Newbies know that first few days are about no food. That DOES go away after that for most of the time. Now and again I get mentally hungry for food, but not physically.

DETOX also gets worse before it gets better. So if someone has skin probs, or bladder, or joint illnesses...detox will make them feel worse while doing repair, and then at some point (if one can wait out the repair process) things get much much much better.

I honestly don't know if I can go 30 days. I mean at the rate most of you are losing pounds...thirty days at 10 lbs every 5 days, means...60 pounds lost. Right? Or what am I missing? Can we expect the weight loss to slow? Might metabolism try to control this by really getting slow? What do you all think? I have looked in my resources for answers to this, can't find any, but really haven't had tons of time to look everywhere.

My urine is so dark, and today cloudy. I wonder if that is fat!? in there making it cloudy? Or gosh what could it be?

I do think the body can go into starvation mode...but certainly not with stored fat on it. And my tummy is quite a resource!

Check in with y'all later. Lemon water kisses.............!

Old 08-22-2003, 09:08 PM   #246

Gallery:
My first day.

Well all I can say is I survived with the help of the Lord. Around 7 last night I told myself that I was going to fast and I did. I was determined to go through a fast for at least 24 hrs. I am now in my 28th hour. This has not been easy. I plan to make it until 7 am. that will be 36 hrs.

I've felt hungry, itchy,sleepy, spacey, jittery, and nervous. I've enjoyed my experience and I plan to go through this fast again in the future.

Old 08-23-2003, 12:42 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy You BADDDDDDDDD
FASTING FANTANICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we the BOMB, or what?????
We are somethng????
I just haven't firgured it out yetttttttrt
So sorry for the late post, but my husband has been on and off the computer all day long, so I couldn't get a post in...

We are talking withdrawal PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, here....

But I'm here nowwwwwwww, I know, like anyone cared, no one even noticed you were gone Belle...
Remember you are not a TALL GLASS OF WATERRRRRRR !!!!!
HA! HA!

Well day 5, and I'm hanging in there.....
Peeing every 5 seconds, no kidding and another 3 pounds gone, thatis a total of 9..
Since the start of the fast on the 18..
Not too shabbyyyyyyy.................

Everyone seems to be taking it one step, one moment and one day at a time !!! GREAT...
That is all we can do...
No, I take that back, that is not all we can do, we can call on the Lord too, to see us through this FAST, and I know with his GRACE, he will....

O'kay, WELCOME, to all the newbies !!!!!!!
Its GREAT to have you here....

And HIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, to all the others that has made it yet another day.....

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is , and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.,..

Always Belle
xoxoxoxxo

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-23-2003 at 12:45 AM..
Old 08-23-2003, 05:23 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
I"m back!

Hey girls! I'm back. I got some of the informations that you all have posted and showed the BF and my family and they are ok with it as much as they can be..... So as of 8/24 I start fresh again. I only have a 4 day week at work this week so that will help also! You guys are doing fantastic.

STef
Old 08-23-2003, 05:23 AM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefi2107
I"m back!

Hey girls! I'm back. I got some of the informations that you all have posted and showed the BF and my family and they are ok with it as much as they can be..... So as of 8/24 I start fresh again. I only have a 4 day week at work this week so that will help also! You guys are doing fantastic.

STef
Old 08-23-2003, 05:30 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Day 6: Another day, and another pound, gone. Total loss is now 14l bs..

Day 1 of water fast: 8/18/03: 225 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 2 of water fast: 8/19/03: 220 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 3 of water fast: 8/20/03: 219 lbs., SHS: -1
Day 4 of water fast: 8/21/03: 216 lbs., SHS: 0 (+ 1 egg!)
Day 5 of water fast: 8/22/03: 212 lbs., SHS: 0
Day 6 of water fast: 8/23/03: 211 lbs., SHS: 0

Still no hunger, my BG meter says 48, but I feel great. At 48, I should not feel great. I'm going to get a new box of strips and recalibrate it today to be sure the readings are correct.

This morning I had the bm that Kimmer spoke of yesterday. Let's just say "fluorescent" and "crisco" and leave it at that!
We have a birthday party to go to this evening, but I think I'll be fine. I've never really craved sweets (except I've been fixated on a chocolate shake the last couple of days!), I usually crave things like steak and mushrooms! I think that since I have avoided sweets for the last 4 years, since becoming diabetic, it helps me to not think about them now. Damm that Steak-n-Shake commercial!!!!!!!

Seriouslyme, Kimmer lost close to 60 lbs. on her original 45-day fast, maybe she can refresh our memories on the weight-loss aspect. I'm curious to calculate to know how much of mine so far is water and how much is fat.

I have been reading Carnie Wilson's book the last couple of days. I once considered WLS and decided it wasn't for me, but I say do what you gotta do. She mentioned not drinking her water, and getting dehydrated and tearing her rectum, which required surgery. DRINK YOU WATER, FASTERS!
Old 08-23-2003, 05:33 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

Re: I"m back!

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefi2107

STef
Welcome on board, Stefi! It's great to have support, isn't it? My hubby is the one who suggested we LC in the first place, and we keep each other on track. He wasn't thrilled about me fasting, but I told him I was going to do it, and here are the facts about it. He's very supportive and calls me all day asking how I'm feeling. Good Luck!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:38 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karat
Stats: 176/176/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan 7, 2008
Personal Day 2

I was so afraid, but I am feeling wonderful! My whole world didn't end when I didn't eat!

Woke up refreshed, before the alarm clock--what the heck is going on?

AllisonB--thank you for the vivid reminder to drink water. I read your post and got right up from the computer to drink. A lot.

LilOleBelle--your joy is evident, and contagious!

amiee-- I'm right with you on day one. I also understand what you mean about "spacey." Doesn't last long, but it felt as though my head was floating.

SeriouslyMe--I'm reading your post with great interest, as I have no idea what to expect by day 6. You are helpful with the descriptions.

To all, I raise a glass of lemon-tinged water in a toast to the new day.

Karat
Old 08-23-2003, 06:52 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: handicapped91
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/03
30 Day Detox

Hi Guys,
It's day 4 and I was surprised to see that I lost 2 lbs. My BS is 75. I feel better today than the last few days. I even got to do my Pilates this morning. Being handicapped (Polio when I was 2 and now Post Polio Syndrome) I can't do too much exercise so the 20 minute Pilates is perfect for me. I haven't felt too much detox yet. I am not hungry but I miss food. Well everyong keep up the good work.
8/20 129
8/21 128
8/22 127
8/23 125
Old 08-23-2003, 07:19 AM   #254
Seriouslyme

Day 6

I am so happy to see everyone's posts here today. It is the weekend, and for people like me, who aren't working away from home today and tomorrow, I know I will feel as tho I have more time on my hands. Plus, you all know....fasting makes me chatty!

Belle, I always notice when you are gone. Always.

Stefi, welcome, again! Glad you have found a way to do what you want to do!

Karat, you are welcome. I love to post how this fasting goes for me, because it helps me so much to do so. I am happy that it helps you too! OR anyone for that matter.

Allison, I laughed when I read your post. The idea that your 'numbers' indicate that you should not feel well, and you feel great, is a giggle to me. I am so glad you are feeling well. And, that you are not hungry. I think when I posted about my first fast, very very few people believed me when I told them I was not hungry. They thought I was just saying that, or that perhaps I was actually eating on my fast! But now that so many of us are reporting our experiences that we ARE NOT hungry 95% of the time after 6 days of not eating, I think others will understand how much of eating is mental, not physical. Anyway Allison, go have that machine recalibrated! You 'should' be feeling awful!

Amiee...welcome. First days can be tough. Hang in there. Day 5 was terrific for me.

Kimmer, where you be? We are all wondering how you can lose 10,-60 lbs on this fast when you are already at goal, and not carrying too much in fat reserves.

Old 08-23-2003, 07:57 AM   #255

Gallery:
As I previously stated, I was only doing this fast for 24 hours beause I had some entertaining to do this weekend and I've never fasted for longer than 12 hours so I wanted to see how my body reacted. Well ladies, I fasted for 37 hours. I am so happy I went that long. Last night was a little rough, I kept waking up throughout the night. Thank you all. I needed this eventhough it was only for one day. Thanks

Old 08-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #256
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Morning everyone~
This is day 3 for me~ I tested this morning and am making ketones! Yay! Stomach is grumbling a bit but no real discomfort. I know it's too soon for real change but my knees feel different~ still achy, but not so mushy? More like real knees. Does that make sense? Maybe getting rid of the excess water is why~ I'm down 6 pounds!

Anyway, my skin is still itchy and broken out, but isn't worse~ I hope that's a good thing, since I would really rather it not get worse before it gets better!

Just a question~ anyone know how much weight is safe to lose by fasting? I'm about 50 pounds overweight but would settle for a 30 pound loss and then do LC for the rest~ right now, with the knee problems I've been having, exercise is really a problem~ seems to just make the knees hurt worse! I know weight loss would help improve things too~ I'm hoping for some healing so I can get back into walking and hiking!

Well, have a great day everyone~ what are you going to do with all the time you're saving by not eating???
~~~N
Old 08-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm using my extra time to be obsessed with this thread and catch up on some website work I'm behind on. I have a few client sites to update, I'm building my own LC/weight loss site about my own experience, and my husband and I are rebuilding some of our earlier sites now that our skills are much improved

So I'm making money and losing lard and all kinds of icky stuff.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:57 AM   #258
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Location: Do whatever ya want, cuz today I'm handin out lollipops and ass-whoopins,and I'm all outta lollipops
Gallery: Rolleen
Hi Everyone, I'm on day 3. Feeling really good. Down 4 pounds. So I am really happy.

Nady.... I also noticed that my knees are feeling better. I was also wondering how much we should lose by fasting. I also have about 40- 50lbs to lose. I am mainly doing the fasting to lose weight.

Have a great day. Happy Fasting

Rolleen

Day 1 176
Day 2 173
Day 3 172.2

181/172.2/130

Last edited by Rolleen; 08-23-2003 at 10:39 AM..
Old 08-23-2003, 10:31 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LilOleBelle
Stats: UCK !!!!
WOE: Low-Carb WOE
Start Date: T O S O !!!!!
Well, its day **6** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, My body I thinlk is really feeling the no food thing.
You see, I have a EXTREME case of Anemia..
I hope that I spelled that right, and today, it seems my body does not wont to move at all...... eek:

Everything else, is alright, peeing/going to the bathroom, BLUSHHHH, every few seconds, but still no BM..
2 more pounds are gone, which makes a total of 11 pounds, gone since the start of the FAST !!!!

Well, I'm glad I was missed yesterdayyyyy

How is everyone doing??
What is everyone doing???

Will check in later...

Alwas Belle

Last edited by LilOleBelle; 08-23-2003 at 10:36 AM..
Old 08-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #260
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Island Blue
Start Date: 4/17/03
Oh My!

Quote:
Originally posted by warmsummerbreeze
Island Blue,

I am big time having the struggle with the fasting. I want to do this more then anything I've wanted to do in a long time...but that thing about giving up the food...even though i did it once without any worries for a whole (wow) 36 hours...to do it for longer is giving me a hard time.

Your struggle in all this makes me think if you can deal with this and do this, then I should be able to. You really are an inspiration.
[COLOR=red]*blushing*[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue] {{{{{warmsummerbreeze}}}}}
Well, my heavens. What a nice thing to say!
If I've helped you at all, I am grateful. Fasting was particularly hard on me. I had such different physical things and seemed to be having a harder time mentally. I salute your efforts and your resolve.

I WOULD LIKE TO CATEGORICALLY STATE THAT THERE ARE NO FAILURES HERE.

We are ALL Winners!! Agreed everyone???!!!

Again, Breeze, I wish you all the best. If you need any extra support, feel free to PM me!![/COLOR]
Old 08-23-2003, 11:17 AM   #261
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Alas, my bladder won the battle....

[COLOR=blue] *sigh*

Well dearhearts, I made it 5 full days. Including all the way through Bunco on Thursday with all kinds of goodies, and a full-blown c o c k tail party last night that would shame Martha herself. I won't go into details because the food was fabulous (both huge tables were groaning with the weight). Anyway, NOT A MORSEL passed my lips! Yay for me!!! {everyone else there was pretty impressed with my resolve, though they didn't know I was fasting, they know I'm trying to lose weight}

ANYWAY, during the day yesterday my bladder twinges really escalated. I drank more (and therefore peed more! ), but as the evening/night wore on, I knew I was in trouble. I was having the frequence/urgency beyond the fasting mode, my urine was very, very cloudy (white blood cells, fighting the infection), and increasing pain. We got home about midnight, and I told my husband I had to go on meds.

I take really strong stuff, the strongest antibiotics, a specialized bladder spasm medication, and handfuls of cranberry pills ~ I just wasn't comfortable putting my body through all that plus the fast. Soooooooooooo.......... {where's the bawling icon???}

I'm both melancholy, and proud of myself. I didn't put an arbitrary length on my fast (so I couldn't fail, and could continue as long as I was okay), but that pesky side of my brain that kept thinking "food" had 7 days as a minimum. So I keep telling myself I did well, and trying to hush that devil on my other shoulder.

The sad thing I was doing okay - not great, but okay. I had more food cravings and honestly, last night my SHS was at 10 for hours - severe hunger pains {well, severe for me, probably not for someone in a third world country }.

Hubby has been EXTREMELY supportive, both during and especially last night/this morning. He was highly skeptical, and was amazed at how the whole process worked (I was never lethargic, I was lucid , I could sit with him at dinner, and then last night - HOLY COW!!).

DH also wanted me to thank ALL OF YOU!! He is so impressed with the support and accurate clinical information on this site. He said this morning that I was lucky to have all of you, and I completely AGREE!!! {{{{{FASTERS}}}}}

I had to come off the fast pretty quick with my meds. I won't post what I ate here (too cruel!!!). I was thinking though, as various folks end their individual fasting journeys, should I start a post-fast challenge string? Are there enough to keep it current? Let me know.

I will say that I am going to follow a strict (real) Stillman's diet now to try to hopefully maximize any continuing detox.

Thank you to all of you for all your kind words, support, and cheerleading! I wish you all the best on your journey!! I will be checking in regularly!!

KISSES AND HUGS!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Please pray for our troops, freedom isn't free[/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-23-2003 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-23-2003, 11:43 AM   #262
Seriouslyme

Day 6

Island Blue is right, there are no failures here. Certainly, each person has their own journey to take, and no one else can determine nor dictate what that is.

And, I read warmsummer's post about how difficult fasting has been. I do want to acknowledge that for me fasting is difficult too. It is a great challenge and one that I struggle with. But the struggle is not with my body...that is just interesting, or painful, or detox stuff. The struggle is my mind. This for me, is my control over the manner in which I think, and which thoughts I decide to have as guests in my mind/heart/soul. I have to get in control of that...that which I am....my mind. The mind leads the body. And, as a general over my body, I can't just let it decide which battles to fight. I have to lead.

Yes, I have had supreme issues with being exhausted, or having joint pain, or nausea, weakness, etc. But it isn't from lack of food. It is that my blood system is flooded with the junk, the pre-cancers, the mutant growths, the organ-house-cleaning waste, the un-needed hormones in my fat that is being broken down and dumped into my liver, kidneys, blood, etc. THIS PROCESS IS HARD WORK!!!

Honestly, it is tremendously eventful when the body detoxes. But for me, when I think of losing the things that can prevent me from living a life, I am motivated. I don't want to die because I fed myself tons of junk for years on end. I want to give myself the most health I can.

This perspective keeps me gentle and understanding about the fact that there are lots of times where things DO GET WORSE while fasting, long before they get better. I am happy to know, even during the process, however, there seem to be times where I feel good. I use those as 'resting' times to recharge for the next cycle of detox.

I think if I were just doing this for weight loss (which I am not, and have said so many times here on this board that I am sorry to say it yet once again) I would not make it one day on a fast. The weight/overfat is among the things to detox, and also serves as a reserve to have the energy to do the fast at all...but just lower weight does not promise health, or freedom from disease.

Those getting emotional, know too...that is part of fasting (at least for me it is)...I get periods of huge emotional swings. I know they will pass, so I don't freak when they come (well, ok I do sometimes ) but rather, try to just go through them until I get to a different place. Patience is required, and I am learning.

Right now, my ear is stabbing me. It started as a tickle last night, and it is hurting me. Normally I would go to the doctor and get pills. But until my ear can convince me that it's pain isn't just detox, then I will wait. Right now, I will assume it is fasting detox. Amazing to me it is the ear I had a huge infection in about a year ago, and one which I was 'treated' with several rounds of antibiotics. Remember, during an extended fast, pain comes up around and in areas that have plagued the person for perhaps a long time. Or detox (pimples on my knees) shows up at past injury places. It does get worse before it gets better...a sign the body is trying to heal.

I just wanted to write this so those having trouble would know that I too have trouble, and yes this is hard, and yes there is pain here and there for some. So, do break the fast when you are ready, but go forward if you understand why, for yourself, you are doing it.

Does that help anyone besides me? Did any of that make sense? Am I exhibiting brain fog posting? Does anyone wanna hear about my sore froat? Again?

Last edited by Seriouslyme; 08-23-2003 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-23-2003, 11:50 AM   #263
Seriouslyme

Mid-Day 6

Island Blue, your hubby sounds terrif! Say hi! And post here will ya? Let us know how post-fasting is. Or if you start another thread, I will look for you there.

((((((((((group hug!)))))))))))

Old 08-23-2003, 01:56 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leftout
Stats: 289/?/150
WOE: hcg drops
Start Date: 11/22/10
Okay, I have put it off long enough...I have followed this thread from the beginning, well before the beginning, when Seriously was posting about her original fast. I was so looking forward to starting the fast with everyone, and then chickened out (cluck-cluck)....now here it is, 6 days in......and I still have not tried.

TRIED...is the operative word at the moment. I do not know how long I can do the fast, but I intend to give it my best shot. After reading all the detoxing thingys happening, I fear I am going to end up as one gigaintic pimple, or leaking lard..

I will weigh in the morning and start from that point. I really need this as motivation......proving to myself that IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
control the things that go into my mouth.....OMG, its like my body parts have a mind of there own.....I have such good intentions upon rising each morning and then mid-day----WHAM.....you know,
same ole....same ole.

Here's to tomorrow.....the first day of the rest of my life...
Old 08-23-2003, 01:57 PM   #265

Gallery:
Day 6

Day 1 136.0
Day 2 133.5
Day 3 130.5
Day 4 128.0
Day 5 126.5
Day 6 125.5

Hey Group!

Sorry, I'm in a rush -- I do volunteer work with kids in placement on weekends (foster homes, group homes) and I've gotta scoot. Yes, just a bottle of water between me and 5 boy with 'emotional difficulties'. One kid asked why I drank so much water -- "Don't ask." And the facility is having a charity BBQ this evening -- oh man, just kill me now!

I don't have time to respond to everyone, but Island, you did great!!! I feel ditto on what Seriously said (she always says it better than I do, LOL). When I think of fasting, I think of my house when it's dirty (clutter in all the rooms, bathrooms need to be done, kitchen would fail a health inspection ), and our bodies are like that. In a fast you're cleaning house. If it's a short fast, maybe you're just cleaning a bathroom, but next time you'll clean more, and what you already cleaned will stay cleaner. Take care of your bladder (sorry to be personal!)

Glad to see new faces!

Old 08-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #266
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Re: Day 6

Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
The struggle is my mind. This for me, is my control over the manner in which I think, and which thoughts I decide to have as guests in my mind/heart/soul. I have to get in control of that...that which I am....my mind. The mind leads the body. And, as a general over my body, I can't just let it decide which battles to fight. I have to lead.

[COLOR=blue]AMEN SISTER!!![/COLOR]
Old 08-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #267
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

OH MY!

[COLOR=blue] I just wanted to clarify, in case anyone misunderstood my posts. I just re-read a couple, and it could sound like I thought I was having a HARDER time than everyone else.

I apologize to everyone. That is NOT what I meant to convey!

I avidly followed the O/T thread. And of course, this one. I unfortunately set myself up believe that ketosis would kill my appetite. My journey was different, so it was HARDER FOR ME THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE before I started. But, as I said, I was amazed that I just kept going as well (Pollyanna strikes again).

I truly hope I did not devalue anyone else's struggles with fasting. If I did, I truly apologize, and please believe that I understand, now much more than before, how hard/rewarding/individual this is for everyone. I frankly think we all did/are doing an amazing thing, and I'm not alone! Look at the number of people that are reading string this everyday - we are truly remarkable.

I also wanted to add that last night when I was preparing to eat so I could take the first (literal) handful of meds, my OVERWHELMING emotion was disappointment!

I'm going to lick this infection, and I hope to join you all again later on!

ROCK ON FASTERS!!![/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-23-2003 at 08:10 PM..
Old 08-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #268
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

CHATTY!!

[COLOR=blue]Sorry to be such a big mouth today!

I just had an EPIPHANY!!!

There is HUNGER (a biological response) and there is APPETITE (a psychological response). One can trigger the other!

Therefore my APPETITE was creating my HUNGER.

Thanks Seriously!!! It totally hit me while I was out running errands - and your post led me to it. Now I know what I really need to concentrate on in my brain to help overcome my body.

May you all conquer the Appetite Demon![/COLOR]

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-23-2003 at 04:32 PM..
Old 08-23-2003, 04:39 PM   #269
Seriouslyme

Islandblue...sent you a pm. And welcome LEFTOUT!!!! So cool that you posted about your plans. There is lot's of support here, which I am certain you've noticed. No one has to go all the way (omg, I said all-the-way, snort snort)...to complete a 30 day fast. I don't know that I will. I just take each day, and see what I think about proceeding. Kimmer, you volunteer too? What a woman.

Going to a dinner in a bit. I have to get my 'excuse' ready. How about this one "I am going to Egypt to deal with an unfortunate incident with a very far removed cousin and his herd of camels. I just took my immunization shot so I don't get Desert Fever, and I am not supposed to eat until the innoculation has worn off or I will become ill"

{{{{{{{{{{Fasters}}}}}}}}

Old 08-23-2003, 04:44 PM   #270
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Quote:
Originally posted by Seriouslyme
Islandblue...sent you a pm.

[COLOR=blue] Sent you one back! {TAG!}[/COLOR]

Quote:
"I am going to Egypt to deal with an unfortunate incident with a very far removed cousin and his herd of camels. I just took my immunization shot so I don't get Desert Fever, and I am not supposed to eat until the innoculation has worn off or I will become ill"
[COLOR=blue]OMG!!! ROTFLMAOSQWOOMN!!!!![/COLOR]

Rolling On The Floor Laughing My *ss Off Squirting Water Out Of My Nose

Last edited by Island Blue; 08-24-2003 at 09:51 AM..